Final

What Kind Of Fool?

"Why are you always on edge when I'm with Yongguk-hyung?" Yoseob demanded leaning against the outside of the coffee shop.

"Because I don't trust him." Junhyung replied bluntly.

"You don't trust me you mean." Yoseob said hotly. "You don't give me a moment of peace when I'm around him."

"You're being an idiot, Seobbie!" Junhyung exclaimed. "I don't like Yongguk at all. He wants to take you away from me and I can't let that happen."

"Yeah right," Yoseob snorted. "You think I'm going to suddenly run off with Yongguk-hyung because I spent five minutes talking to him without you butting in?"

"Well maybe you should just run off with him since you obviously want to be with him so badly anyways!" Junhyung said stung.

"Yeah? Maybe I will!" Yoseob yelled back.

"Fine. If that's how you want it to be then we're through!" Junhyung screamed with tears threatening to fall. He got into his car. He took a deep, shuddering breath. "You can get a ride with Yongguk for all I care. Who knows, maybe you guys will find something in common?" He slammed the car door.

"Junnie, I..." Yoseob began hesitantly, then, his face became angry. "Fine." He shouted. "Fine!" He strode back inside the coffee shop.

Junhyung wiped his eyes and drove back towards the dorm. He strode to his bed and collapsed onto it in tears.


The next day, Junhyung and Yoseob went out of their way to avoid each other. Even when they were in the same room they wouldn't acknowledge the other's presence. Neither of them could concentrate on their schedules.

Finally, they had to go to the recording studio with the other members, who realised that something definitely went wrong between the couple. They will be choosing the songs that BEAST would be using for their next full album. Yoseob didn't even try to look cheerful. He just sat there, legs crossed, arms crossed, staring at the floor.

Junhyung was on the other side of the room, smiling fakely, acting attentive. At one point when he was suggesting something, his voice broke, but of course, only Yoseob noticed.

At last, Doojoon called it a day. Junhyung bolted out of the room.

He gulped deep breaths of fresh air when he reached the entrance. Then, he realized that he had left his phone in the studio. Sighing, he shifted his bag, turned around, and walked towards the lift.


Yoseob had waited in the studio until everyone had left and the lights were turned off. He told the others that he wanted to practice a little longer and they left without him although Hyunseung frowned at him. He closed his eyes and let the tears seep through. He had been incredibly stupid. Junhyung had only been trying to protect him and then he had gone and ruined everything. Junhyung hated him now and it was all his fault. He had been a complete fool. He sighed deeply. He started singing softly,

"There was a time when we were down and out.

There was a place when we were starting over.
We let the bough break.
We let the heartache in.
Who's sorry now?

Who's sorry now?"

He had spoken without thinking. He was so sorry. All he wanted was Junhyung back. Fresh tears flowed down his face.


Junhyung peeked through the door cautiously. He'd recognize that gorgeous voice anywhere. However, he was shocked to see tears running down Yoseob's face. He had seen Yoseob cry before, but not that often as he was always so cheerful and bubbly. He never showed his feelings much, preferring to keep it all to himself. Seeing Yoseob in this broken state, Junhyung lost it. Tears fell down his cheeks. He started singing where Yoseob had left off.

"There was a world when we were standing still.

And for a moment we were separated."

Yoseob turned around in shock. His mouth dropped open as Junhyung averted his eyes and continued to sing in his raspy, cool voice that was rarely heard by the fans as he preferred rapping to singing.

"And then you found her.
You let the stranger in.
Who's sorry now?"


Yoseob joined in now, their voices mixed together.

"Who's sorry now?
What, what kind of fool,
Tears it apart?
Leaving me pain and sorrow."


Junhyung stopped singing. He just wanted to listen for a moment.

Yoseob continued.

"Losing you now.
Wonderin' why.
Where will I be tomorrow?"

Junhyung joined back in for the chorus.

"Forever more that's what we are to be.
Without each other.
We'll be remembering when...

There was a time when we were down and out.
(We cried)
There was a place when we were starting over.
(We lied)
We let the bough break.
We let the heartache in.
Who's sorry now?
Who's sorry now?

Junhyung stopped singing to clear his throat. He had become choked up.
Yoseob kept singing. His eyes were looking at the ceiling to try and keep the tears in.

"What, what kind of fool,"

Yoseob stopped to allow Junhyung to do a solo.

"What, what kind of fool," he sang quietly.
Tears it apart?"

Yoseob sang back.

"Tears it apart?"

They began alternating lines. Junhyung started.

"Leaving me pain and sorrow."

"Oh! Losing you now."

"How can I win?"

"Where will I be tomorrow?"

"Was there a moment when I cut you down?"

"Played around?"

"What have I done?"

"I only apologize."

"For being as they say the last to know."

"It has to show."

"When someone is in your eyes."

Junhyung finished the line, his voice trembling.

They both began to sing.

"What, what kind of fool,
Tears it apart?
Leaving me pain and sorrow.
Losing you now.
Wondering why.
Where will I be tomorrow?
What, what kind of fool,
Tears it apart?
Leaving me pain and sorrow.
Losing you now.
How can I win?

Where will I be tomorrow?"

They finished together, the note trailing off into the distance. Their faces were inches apart. Their eyes met.

"Oh, Junnie!" Yoseob managed to choke out before he broke down in sobs. Junhyung raised his shaking arms and put them around Yoseob. He wrapped his arms around Junhyung's waist too. Tears spilled out of both of their eyes.

"I'm so sorry." Yoseob whispered. Junhyung only squeezed him tighter.

"So am I." He murmured. "I was wrong. You were right. I was too worried that I might lose you. You were the best thing that ever happened to me."

"No," Yoseob said softly. "You were right. He was just trying to get me. I know what life would be like without you. I never want that to happen ever again."

"Me neither." Junhyung muttered into Yoseob's shoulder. "I love you."

Yoseob pulled away from Junhyung and put his hands on the taller boy's shoulders. "I love you too," he said simply, blinking away tears.

"Can we start over? Please?" Yoseob asked, his voice quavering.

Junhyung smiled tremulously and tears misted his eyes again. "Of course, pabo," he said in an attempt to brighten the mood. "I only wanted to know if you would take me back after all I did to hurt you." Slowly, Junhyung leaned in and kissed Yoseob's mouth tenderly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HI LOVELIES ^^

I AM BACK HEHE I KNOW THAT I PROMISED THE 'TOM AND JERRY' ONESHOT BUT BUT BUT THIS IDEA WAS STUCK IN MY HEAD SINCE A FEW DAYS AGO AND I JUST HAVE TO WRITE IT DOWN :)

So, how was it? Am I losing my writing skills? Pffft. School has started so I might not be able to be online and update my stories or even write a new one. So just bear with me okay? I love you guys.