"Someday" (final)

Behind The Limelight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Seojun pressed the last key and finished playing the piano.

They were on the stage, rehearsing their duet for the act. Seojun said he'll let him listen to the song that they are going to be singing.

Mark's lips curled up. "I am not really sure if that is how the song should go?"

The older actor shrugged. "That is not my problem anyway. It is not my song. I just need to sing to it." Then stood up after.

Mark rolled his eyes but Seojun didn't see it cause he already passed him by.

He just sat at the stool Seojun previously occupied and looked at the songbook above the piano.

 

           I still can't believe it
          That when I open my eyes, you weren't there...

 

It is such a beautifully written sad song. Through each lyric, each word, the pain of the writer could be felt.

 

"Mark!"

The stage director called on him and then Seojun. They now need to get ready for the rehearsal.

 

Performing on stage has been Mark's ultimate dream. He has poured his everything just to finish college where he majored theatre arts. He has jumped from one audition to another, tirelessly without complaints. He has spent a whole year training and another year playing minor roles. Now, finally, Mark got a chance to play as a male lead in one of the most talked about play in the city, alongside Seojun.

This is his first major role. So Mark feels very pressured.

 

"Are you okay?"

This is the first time Seojun showed concern towards him.

Not that Mark cares. He doesn't really like the guy, to be honest. If there's anything between them, it's pure work only.

Mark just nodded.

"Want some coffee?" because Seojun is already drinking his.

Mark raised his head, fighting the attempt to close his eyes and doze to sleep to give his co-actor a short nod.

"Jinyoung!!!"

Mark looked at whom Seojun is waving at.
 

The guy, wearing an oversized grey hoodie quickly made his way towards their seat along with the stacks of folders he's hugging against his chest.

"Can you give Mark here, a cup of coffee?"

Seojun asked but it seemed like he's just telling the younger guy to do it.

"No, I'm good-" But Seojun cut what he had to say and remained staring at this Jinyoung guy.

"Bring me a sandwich too."

Mark almost gaped at Seojun, only if he was looking. Now the actor's busy sipping his coffee and looking at his phone.

Mark just shook his head to tell the guy that he doesn't need coffee but the younger just smiled brightly at him.

"I'll be back in a minute." Then he left, still struggling with the folders.

 

 

✧༝┉┉┉┉┉˚*❋ ❋ ❋*˚┉┉┉┉┉༝✧

 

"AGAIN!"
 

The director yelled from the stage. They are now on their fifth day of rehearsal. The first show will be in two weeks.

Behind Mark, the members of the staff are still fixing the whole set.

The musical centers on a couple whose been together for 5 long years but decided to go their separate ways. The couple are both guys, and that's enough to pique the interest of people and made them want to see the play.

The boy fell out of love with his partner and the other boy tried all his might to keep their relationship working despite of the latter's fading love for him. It is a story of how the boy fought for his love, and how the other boy regretted his decision of leaving him.

Mark finds the plot really interesting and yet it breaks his heart just reading the script and the lyrics of the songs he and Seojun will sing.

 

"Let us try rehearsing the last set of songs."

As the director said that, a new script is given to Seojun.

The last set of songs is mostly Seojun's. Because it is the part where the other boy is leaving his lover, ending their relationship.

A song played.

 

Then Mark heard that wonderful voice again.
 

          The feeling autumn left
          The chilly wind that hints winter is coming soon
           I can still feel your warmth
          So I know fall and winter will be painful.

 

That wonderful voice Mark is always singing along with.
 

Well, it's not Seojun's.

It's someone else's.

 

Seojun is a very talented actor. His way of acting is beyond anyone's words. But not known to many, Seojun can't sing. His voice is just not fit for theatre where singing has to be done live.

For Seojun's case, he has been using someone else's voice.

Always someone else's.

 

 

✧༝┉┉┉┉┉˚*❋ ❋ ❋*˚┉┉┉┉┉༝✧

 

It was past 10 pm when the director decided to pack up the day's rehearsal. Mark can't be any happier.

He is in need of rest. And he needs it badly. They've been rehearsing for 15 hours everyday for more than a week now. He needs some sleep.

 

Mark was about to exit the hall when he remembered that he left his charger in the dressing room.

Quickly, he made his way back inside. But when he was near the door, he heard something.
 

Someone, rather.

 

"The one I loved without a reason is disappearing"
 

It was not long before Mark's eyes widened, recognizing what he is hearing.

 

"Remembering our memories, I'll cherish them..."
 

It is him. It's that "someone" who owns the voice he is singing along with.

That someone else who always sings for Seojun.

 

Slowly, Mark approached the door to take a peek. He is dying

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter