Chapter 12

Bells, Bills and Bubbles of Blues
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jungkook crosses his arms over his chest as he leans his hip against the counter, watching Chaeyoung moving around her kitchen, keeping all the newly purchased things in the cabinet.

 

“What do you want to eat today?” she asks.

 

He takes an apple into his hand, idly playing with it. “What are we celebrating?”

 

Chaeyoung halts and turns to him, brows furrowed. “Nothing?”

 

He breaks into a small smile. Jungkook isn’t sure why Chaeyoung is doing all this. He’s also unsure if she’s taking the fake dating to a whole different level or she just doesn’t realize that there’s nothing ‘fake’ about this situation they are in. “You’re going to cook for me?”

 

“For us,” she says, her tone tells him how confusing that question is, as if it’s a stupid question. She narrows her eyes at him. “You don’t like my cooking?”

 

“I didn’t say that,” he chuckles. “So, what do you plan to cook?”

 

“I have no clue. That’s why I’m asking you, what do you want to eat?”

 

Jungkook shrugs. “I can eat just about anything.”

 

Chaeyoung looks at him with lips pressed together, groaning as she turns away. “Can’t you please decide on something?”

 

He thinks for a while, humming a little and realizes that he may have taken her habit of humming when thinking. “Well, why don’t you let me handle the kitchen for today?”

 

There’s a ghost of smile on her lips, her arms crossed as she tilts her head at him, throwing him a skeptical look. “Can you cook?”

 

“Oh, baby, you’re underestimating me,” he scoffs and only realizes that he’s just called her ‘baby’ when her whole expression changes.

 

He’s not sure if she’s fine with it although at the early stage of their fake relationship, she did mention to him not to call her anything like that. But at the same time, he’s also not sure if she hates it, since she doesn’t say anything right after that. Jungkook figures that he should just pretend not to realize that he said it.

 

“Step aside,” he says, already rolling his sleeves. “I’m going to show you all my skills today.”

 

She wordlessly lets him have his space in the kitchen, being the quietest she’s been as she watches him working in the kitchen, taking a seat on a stool. It’s when the stew he’s working on is bubbling inside the pot that she begins to say something.

 

“Where did you learn how to cook like this?” she softly asks.

 

Jungkook glances up at her as he stirs. “Seokjin’s a chef. He taught me some recipes.”

 

“Seokjin?” She rests her chin on her palm. “Oh, your roommate last time?”

 

“Yeah.” Jungkook signals her to taste, cocking his head as he takes a spoon, dips it into the pot and pretends that he didn’t see how her movement falters when he gently blows on it. “Tell me how’s it tastes.”

 

Chaeyoung leans over the counter to taste it as she holds her hair on the side. Jungkook holds his smile when her eyes glint, her tongue slightly sticks out to her lips. She flashes him a smile and he’s pretty sure he feels a pleasant warmth washing over him and it’s not because of the stew he’s cooking.

   

“Good,” she nods.

 

“Good?” Jungkook lifts his brows and decides to . “Your face says that it’s beyond good.”

 

“Gosh, stop showing off,” she huffs, but there’s a hint of smile on her face.

 

“It’s not showing off. It’s called stating the facts.”

 

Chaeyoung’s laughter finally bounces to the air as she avoids his eyes. “Okay, it’s great. It’s delicious.”

 

“Do you know why it’s that delicious?”

 

“Because it’s a recipe exclusively taught by your chef friend?”

 

“Because it’s made with love,” he says to her and he catches her blinking at him in surprise. He chuckles momentarily and focuses back on the dish. “It’s essential, according to Seokjin.”

 

Jungkook then goes on being a storyteller as he tells her how Seokjin taught him lots of recipes. Most of them are self-made recipes and so far, he has only impressed himself. He doesn’t tell it to her, though, that he wishes for her to try out the other recipes, specially prepared by him specifically for her.

 

*

 

“Do you believe in destiny?” Jungkook asks, sitting comfortably next to her as the TV displays the ending credits of a popular Japanese animation, Your Name.

 

The wedding is a week away and when Chaeyoung woke up that morning, thinking of the things that may happen during the wedding, she imagined the bride walking down the aisle, thinking back to when she had talked to her friends a year into her relationship with Chanyeol, talking to the girls how she could imagine herself walking down the aisle towards Chanyeol as they browsed through fashion magazine.

 

Now, Chanyeol is going to watch a different girl coming towards him and Chaeyoung’s place is just among the crowd, one of the audiences. She did plan on skipping the wedding after being determined to go, but Jungkook popped into her life as a savior once and will be a savior one more time for the wedding and she does believe that this is all destiny.

 

Chaeyoung pulls a pillow into her lap. “Why, yes, I do,” she smiles. “Do you?”

 

“Yeah,” he chuckles with a nod. “Taki and Mitsuha, the perfect example of two people destined to meet and fall for each other,” he says, gazing at her while he does so.

 

“Exactly,” Chaeyoung agrees. “If it’s already destined, you will definitely meet the person you’re destined to meet even if you live in a whole different world or dimension or time or whatever.”

 

“Like us, right?” Jungkook asks and Chaeyoung breathes softly, slowly nodding and slowly looking away. “I believe that we’re destined to meet. It’s just a matter of how and when. Our p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter