The Beginning

Next Season With You

 

Author's Note: First of all, I know this is a rare pairing but I just love them so much. Second, English is not my first language so if you find any grammar error, please understand it, if you're a native english speaker or fluent in english and want to beta read my story, kindly reach for me through twitter hyewontology

 

City of Gangnam

Kim Chaewon just got back from her Junior High School graduation when her father suddenly called for her.

"Chaewon-ah," called her dad.

Chaewon, the good girl that she is, answered her dad, "Yes, dad! Let me change first!" her dad seemed to heard her so she changed from her uniform to a really, really comfortable clothes: oversized shirt and a shorts.

She then went down to the living room where both her parents and her older sister were waiting for her, sitting on the couch comfortably, together. "What is it?"

They're all looking at each others, making Chaewon confused, her mom then looked at her dad as if asking for a permission. Then she looked at her, smiling softly, "Have you decided on which high school you wanna go to?"

Chaewon is still confused but she answered anyway, "Yeah, of course it will be Gangnam High School, mom, why asked?"

"Well, you know that dad is an entrepreneur right? A businessman. We had a long talk for a week about the crisis the City of Gangnam facing right now. And you know that a few years ago the South Korean government built a new city called IZ*ONE city, right?" Chaewon nodded, then her mom continued, "Well, darling, mom and dad decided to move there and dad has already purchased a new building there and we will be opening a new mall next year! Is that okay with you?"

Chaewon kinda jawdropped after hearing that. Yeah sure, they're rich family and City of Gangnam is a city full of rich people but IZ*ONE City is an entirely different level of rich. The South Korean politics elite live there, the businessmen live there, the Vaner, Kokoa, and Duam CEOs live there, even the Ssinin motor CEO and Sangsum CEO and Founders also live there. Some of the national broadcast station have been moved there for the past two years. It is a growing city, already entered the world's metropolitan list within three years after it was built. The President Residential was initially to be moved there but due to some problems they postponed it and decided to move it in two to three years. 

She might be just graduated from middle school, but she does understand this kind of thing, having two daughters only, her dad taught her and her sisters all about business and economy, but her sister decided to be a flight attendant instead and leaving the burden of being the Ssam Corp. heiress to her.

"I mean, what about high school?" that's all that came out of . Yeah, right? What about high school? She and all her school friends are planning to go to GHS, but guess there's a change of plan, from her parents.

"You will be enrolled in IZ*ONE City High School if you want to move with us!" Her mom said excitedly.

Oh, did she...oh wait what?! "What do you mean? Does that mean it's okay for me not to move with you?" she asked, hopeful.

"Well, yes, but we really want you to be with us. Your sister won't be home everyday, she will be here at most 2 days in a month and we can't let you live alone, hun," mom said.

"But what about this house?"

"we  won't sell it. But we will put it out for rent, we will be renting the rooms for workers and students," her dad, who has been silent the entire time suddenly said.

And that's when Chaewon knew, she didn't have a choice anyway, her parents, mom especially, is too afraid to let her live alone and they'll do everything to make her agree to move. Not wanting to make it into a debate, chaewon sighed, "Fine, fine."

Her mom perked up hearing her said that. And honestly, all Chaewon ever wished for is only for her to have a decent life in high school and if it's possible to fall in love. Because high school is the time when you taste love, right?

.

.

.

IZ*ONE City

"Kwangbae-ya!"

Hyewon, who has been dozing off this entire time was startled when someone yelled her name right in her hear. "What?!" she snapped, looking behind her turned out it was Yena and Chaeyeon, the Student Council President, was there as well trying to held her laugh.

Yena pouted, looking more like a duck than ever, when Hyewon snapped at her. 'Ya! We've been calling your names a hundredth time but you didn't even hear us! Why are you even daydreaming when we can just enjoy the lasy day before starting our 3rd year life?"

Hyewon rolled her eyes and whispered under her breathe, "Annoying."

"I can hear you, you know," Yena said. Hyewon just shrugged.

"Ya, ya, let's just find something to eat, I'm preparing myself to meet cute juniors tomorrow, I'll make sure to set an example!" Chaeyeon pulled both Yena and Hyewon by their hands and started to drag them outside Hyewon's room, down to the front door.

"You are excited because Eunbi-unnie is starting her internship in our school tomorrow, , don't think we can see through you," Hyewon said, rolling her eyes. Meanwhile Yena was chuckling and Chaeyeon's face was already red, squished between the two girls.

"Ya! I'm also excited to see our juniors, you know?!"

"Whatever, Chaeyeon, just admit that you miss your girlfriend, you've been having a Long Distance Relationship with her, I mean she's six years older than you after all and she's already looking for jobs, good for her our school offered her a three-month internship in order for her to gain more experience. And lucky for you, you get to meet your girlfriend everyday. Aaahh~ I wish we also have lovers," Yena said.

"You can look for one tomorrow, Yena, I'm sure there are pretty boys...or girls." chaeyeon shrugged.

The three of them then laughed together. Hyewon smiled at them. These two have been her bestfriends ever since forever. She's been feeling down since last year, she felt lost and if it weren't for Chaeyeon and Yena she didn't know what would she do. Yes, she's pretty, everyone admits that, even she admits that. But she was never good at anything, she thinks, and people have the same idea as well. Whenever she tried something and didn't succeed at first, second, or even third tries, people would tell her off. She's losing her confidence and now she doesn't trust herself at all.

Walking with her two bestfriends, Hyewon thought to herself, prayed to whatever deities exist that she will find happiness and doesn't have to dependent on Yena and Chaeyeon.

.

.

.

To Be Continued...