Do You Miss Me Too?

Do You Miss Me Too? (Oneshot)

It's only been only a daysince you left... But I miss you already. When will I finally be able to see your face again? I don't care if it has one of those mocking smirks on it. As long as I get to see you again, my throbbing heart will be at ease again. Do you miss me too?

 Xiang Qin lets out a sigh as she lets these hurtful thoughts run through her head. It was merely yesterday that Zhi Shu had left the country, leaving her as well but it felt like years ago. She couldn’t stop thinking about him. The image of his face kept popping up in her head. Oh how much she missed that grinning smile of his. Watching him walk through the airport while gripping a suitcase and luggage handle made tears form in her eyes. He didn’t even have time to give her a goodbye hug before he left. Even when he was in the airplane, due to the phone policy, he wasn’t able to call either. Oh how much she yearned for him.

 “Xiang Qin, you’ve been scrubbing that pot for a while now,” her kind and caring mother in law interrupted her thoughts.

 “Oh, dumb me!” she let out an awkward chuckle. She rinsed the pot before heading upstairs to retrieve her purse. However, the feeling of grief came back when she saw the photos of her and Zhi Shu in their wedding outfits holding each other, plastered to the wall. A glance at the bed brought back the missing feeling of warmth that radiated from his body when they slept at night. Even the sight of the lonely books sitting in the bookshelf brought back memories. She smiled a bit at the thought of how intelligent he looks while he’s buried in his reading…

 My Zhi Shu, the one I worked so hard to make mine… What if something happens during that one month business trip? Like a love affair? No, she shakes her head. Zhi Shu wouldn’t do anything like that. Didn’t he already declare his love for me? However, even trying to reassure herself doesn’t erase the doubts deep inside her heart. The stories she hears about cheating when a couple is distanced from each other for long periods of time are enough to scare her.

 Xiang Qin finally grabs the thing she came for and leaves while closing the door behind her. Walking down the stairs, illusions of Zhi Shu are all around her. She sighs, I’m going Crazy. I need to get some fresh air.

  “I’m going to take a walk,” she notifies Zhi Shu’s mother before leaving the house. The leaves crunch as she walks through the empty feeling street. Oh how  much she wished that Zhi Shu were here with her.

 As if her call is answered, Zhi Shu’s voice calls out, “Xiang Qin!” However, Xiang Qin ignores this, sure that it’s probably just another hallucination that she has been having for the whole night and day.

 “Xiang Qin!” The voice of the genius cries out again.

 It sounds so real though… She finally starts to turn in a 180 degrees rotation, facing the direction the voice came from, even while knowing that it’s just her mind playing games with her.  But that doesn’t stop her from looking for the voice like a fool.

 But this time… There really is a person standing in front of her… She hasn’t seen it’s face yet but she’s so sure its him. That broad chest is his for sure. When her eyes finally reach sight of his face, she isn’t able to completely believe what she’s seeing. It’s Zhi Shu, with that familiar smirk on his face.

 “Why did it take that small body of yours so long to turn around?” he teases.

 The question isn’t answered because Xiang Qin instead shouts out, “ZHI SHU!” and wraps her arms around his tall figure.

 “Did you miss me that much?” he asks, returning back the hug and slipping his fingers through her locks of smooth hair.

 “More than I could bare!” Xiang Qin answers

 He let out a chuckle.

 “But what are you doing back so early?” she’s curious to know.

 “Change of plans.”

 “But why?” she looks up at him in confusion.

 “You think I’d leave without you?” he looks down at her, not letting go of her.

 The smile on Xiang Qin’s face returns, even bigger this time. “Aww!” she says and then buries her head back into his shirt. “You came back for me.” So he really did miss me.

 “But don’t think it’s all easy from here… I’m taking you with me so you can take notes while we do the medical research.”

 “What?!” Xiang Qin let go.

 “Love doesn’t come easy you know?’ he chuckles and starts heading towards the house.

“Why’d you have to ruin the moment?!” Xiang Qin yells after him.

“Hurry up over so we can get your things packed,” he retorts.

That guy... Why didn't I see that coming? Even so, she sighs happily this time before running after him. At least she'll get to see her Zhi Shu every day again.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading my first oneshot =) Sorry for any grammer mistakes... -,-