Between Me and You

Little Things...

It was time to go on stage, just like they had many times before. Something was different, something was making this so much harder then one could stand. It was fear. Frightened of what could happen up on that stage, all of the things that would be coming to a head. The raw emotion that was threatening to pour out at any moment, erupting like a volcano trapped under water only to instantly harden over and rest below the sea bubbling up to the surface as nothing but meaningless gas. Small pockets of air caught against the peak never able to reach the sky because that’s just how things work in nature, like tears that were never allowed to fall. The lights seemed brighter, the crowd larger and pulse faster then ever. He looks up and sees a familiar face but the overwhelming urge to burst into uncontrollable and horrendous sobbing was too much to bare in the moment, so it was of course better to look away, covering the small winces of heart shattering pain with a big bright smile.

Woohyun was fine. He was totally fine, or so he kept telling himself over and over again as the music was cued up and he waited behind the curtain.

He was not fine. He was shaking like a withering leaf. He laughs at the thought because of his stupid nickname. Namu, namu~

“.” He says it out loud, but certainly not loud enough for anyone else to hear.

Sunggyu was already on stage. His last performance before he enlists. Woohyun had found out only a week after his own birthday. Sunggyu liked to do that, roll all sorts of events into one.

 

“Happy birthday… I’m enlisting.”

 

He would never let Sunggyu see him upset so he didn’t. He did however post about it on his Instagram with no caption. Only a picture of Leonardo DiCaprio crying in a scene from Romeo and Juliet…. And as he had mentioned before Sunggyu was his Juliet…

He sighs. Standing there behind that curtain he knew what was coming next. It was inevitable. Sunggyu would get what he wanted, to put on a show for the fans,  somehow thinking that Woohyun would enjoy this showmanship of love too. That wasn’t how it worked though. Woohyun didn’t want it to be real, for it to be seen, because real things can hurt you and this did. He felt his soul cracking in half, jagged edges. This wasn’t a smooth clean break. For Sunggyu things always seemed to be so simple, black and white.

He stood there with hands on him, mic being adjusted, last few touches of makeup, and tried his best to clear his mind and the tears that were threatening to spill over.

"And cue!"

Everything was quiet drowned out and muffled in his head, the lights burned, and the stage felt like molasses, but his voice didn’t fail him. As if god had blessed his vocal chords for this specific moment, he was born to sing, and he did. He gave everything away. The pain, sadness and happiness too. Woohyun did his best to keep it all under control.

Don’t let them see you cry.

So, he didn’t, he just sang his literal heart out and it was over much too soon. Sooner then he wanted because this was how he felt. It was like a release and he needed to release more. That is what made it so hard, when one begins letting it go. Once the flood gates were opened he could not close them, so he hated this. He hated it so much. The song ended and he wanted to leave, to leave and never see Sunggyu ever again. At least until he was back from the military in 650 days. It would hurt less he told himself.

When he finally left the stage the sadness was gone. He laughs instead. There was waiting around, talking and more laughing then going home.

What home? Where?

Somehow he ends up back at Sunngyus. He was there to help pack? A visit to Jeonju before he went, moms orders. They didnt pack. They talked.

"You're gonna miss me." Sunggyu stated as a matter of fact. He was laying down across the bed taking up as much space as he could. Out of his stage clothes and into some baggy sweats. He lent some shorts to Woohyun who he was wrapped around. 

"Nope." Woohyun laughs and Sunggyu pinches him with his toes, so Woohyun laughs more. "Okay, okay. What do you think?" He props his head up un his hand to look at that stupid platinum blond hair. 

"You already cried on stage." Gyu snorts and cups Woohyuns chin before giving his face a light squeeze.

"Yah. I did not.... I almost did." His last words were muttered under his breath as he casually looks away with a dumb smile. "Why do you care anyway?" Woohyun chuckles. 

"Let me make you cry again." Sunggyu raises a brow, foot sliding dangerously close to Woohyuns crotch. A smirk tugging at his lips as he reaches his goal rubbing gently with his toes.

Woohyun ignores it and rolls his eyes. "Nope, none of that." In one easy motion he rolls over and is on top of Sunggyu, pinning his arms above his head. There was something in his eyes but it wasnt lust. It was softer then that but full and overwhelming. Enough to make Sunggyu look away. "Do you love me?" He watched as Sunggyus expression changed. He wasnt smirking anymore, he had turned back ot face him now answering with a small nod and Woohyun smiles. 

That was enough for Woohyun to lean down and press a soft kiss to those pink lips. His hands moved down Sunggyus arms, slowly, dragging over his skin and finally releasing him. Sunggyu wasted no time wrapping his arms around Woohyuns middle, hugging him close , fingers wandering the expanse of his back. Woohyuns eyes fell shut and he hovers like this just enjoying the sensation of hands moving over his skin. This would be the last time for a while. It wasnt like Sunggyu wouldnt have any freedom but he would have much less of it. They needed to savor the moment. 

 

 

 

_______________________________________

 

 

 

AN: just a thing that was stuck in my head........ there is a lot of woogyu feels floating around twitter rn so I just had to do it. 

 

 

 

 

 

__________________________________