Chapter Two (Yuri): Forbidden

Off The Record
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yuri

I grit my teeth looking at the scene in front of me.

Again she does this, she does it in front of everyone and it’s like I’m invisible. Why when I am right over here does she always think this is okay, she doesn’t have any respect for anyone else’s feelings! That stupid du-

“Yuri...?”

A sudden voice brings me back to reality and I remember that I had been talking with Jiheon.

Embarrassment flushes my cheeks red as I realize what I had just done and come up with a quick excuse for being so rude. However, I am not sure if she buys it or not as she looks back in the direction I had been staring and seems rather perplexed.  

She has always been the one who seems the most level-headed from our sister group, in a group filled with loud and comical personalities she is the one who seems to be the most cerebral, which is exactly why we need to get away from this window... immediately.

“Um, Yujin! Yeah Yujin mentioned that you’re running for Student Council President?? Congratulations! I am sure you’ll do really well” I say making a fist in a “fighting!” motion, trying to change the subject.

“Huh?” The maknae says looking over to me in confusion and then embarrassment, quickly swapping the roles we had shared just a moment ago.

“Ah..no, I just was thinking about it, and I mean I would love to do it, but I don’t really think I could pull it off” She says looking down while taking a sip of her drink.

Her comment was pretty odd to me, albeit I don’t know her super well, but I have never taken her as someone to lack confidence. I think she would make a great school president; at such a young age she is so thoughtful and mature. Before I can fully think it over though she starts pointing and says something to me.

“Um...I think they’re calling you” Says Jiheon as she glances over at the gate.

When I turn I see half of the girls have already started walking down the hill that leads to the entrance of the school. However, Eunbi Unnie who has yet to leave is waving me over while calling my name. That’s the sort of kind leader she is.

“Ah, yeah you’re right. It was great talking to you” I say as I quickly grab my bag and coat off the ground and start rushing over, but I stop after a few steps.

“Oh, and Jiheon?” I turn around and address her.

“Yeah..?”

“You definitely should run! You would make a great school president” I say with a smile before running to catch up with the rest of the girls.

When I reach them, Eunbi seems to be looking around counting heads to make sure she hasn’t left anyone behind.  She waves me forward telling me I should go and catch up with the rest of the members.

Eventually we reach the apartment and split off into our own rooms.

I end up going over to the mirror as I often do when I am greeted with a sudden reminder of the item I had stashed away earlier clanging against my stomach.

“Ah..” I say as I take it out of my pocket and gently place it down on my bureau.

I sit down at the end of my bed and begin staring at the can for a while until I let out a big sigh and collapse backwards into the sheets.

But before I can get swept away by a quick nap I hear a knocking at the door.

*knock* *knock* As Chaeyeon peers into the room.

“Yuri ~ we’re filming soon, didn’t you hear?” She says while leaning in.

“Ah, yeah I’ll be out in a second, I just got distracted by my soft bed” I say forcing a smile as I sit up before she smiles back and shuts the door.

Oh, that’s right I completely forgot....

We’re filming our third season of IZ*ONE CHU in the next few weeks and they told us today was something like a prologue. I’m not entirely sure what plans they have for us, but I better hurry up and get ready.

After I get ready and group up with the rest of the girls I see the film crew there and all the members gathered around the couches with some food on the center table.

The usual suspects have claimed the closest seats to the trays as if eyeing their prey.

Geez, and they call me “Love handles”

I end up sitting in the far-right end of the couch just in time for the announcement.

“Alright girls today were going to start filming for our third season of IZ*ONE CHU!” Eunbi proclaims as we all cheer.

“With the third season underway we’re going to need a new game as well. For this upcoming season we’re all going to be put in pairs and that will be your partner for the entire third season” Before Eunbi can finish telling us the rules there are already jokes being made.

“I wonder who will draw the death card?” Says Yujin in a serious tone.

“Huh? What’s that?” Hitomi asks innocently and has her question answered by Yujin slowly turning her hea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter