Dinner Time

A unapproachable Man

I walk over to them when Jae gestures for me to sit next to him. “Where’s Eric”, he ask me.

“He’s still working”, I reply, trying to avoid anything having to do with Eric. I watch Soo Min run in the direction of the office. She came back tugging at Eric’s arm, dragging him into the room.  

“Come on, let’s eat”, cries Soo Min while tugging at Eric’s arm. He glances over at me and I quickly turn my face.  

“Set another plate “, Eric said as he walks to the table.

“Why, who’s coming”, asks Jae.

“Lu Min”, reply Eric.

“What, you invited Lu Min…. why ?”, ask Jae in panic.

“Calm down, I didn’t, she invited herself”, Eric answer.

I didn’t know why inviting Lu Min was such a problem but maybe because she’s head over heels for him. I continue to look at the food and not anywhere else for I didn’t want to see Eric’s face.

“Abigail, what’s wrong?”, Soo Min ask.

“Oh, nothing”, I said loudly, glancing up.


She’s probably mad that Lu Min’s coming. She can’t even hide how she feels about Jae. This is going to be interesting. I walk over to the door bell as I hear the bell ringing. Lu Min rushes pass me, slipping into slippers.

“Ann-yeong”, said Lu Min. I watch as she glances as over to Abigail.

“Ann-yeong”, said everyone.

“Omo, Abigail, I didn’t know you were here”, said Lu Min as she sits next to Soo Min.

Abigail looks at her and smiles.

“Jae invited her” I answer as I sit down.

“Oh I see…Oppa, why didn’t you invite me”, Lu Min said to Jae.

“Lu Min, Abigail isn’t as annoying as you”, reply Jae.

“What, annoying. I am not annoying”, she replies.

I glance over at Abigail and saw that she was smiling.

“Abigail, what’s so funny”, I said. She looks at me.

“Oh, nothing, I just think it’s really cute how they argue”, said Abigail.

“Stop talking everyone and eat”, exclaim Soo Min.

Everyone laugh. After eating, Lu Min insisted that we have tea.

She can be so naïve sometimes, she doesn’t even realize that Abigail’s going after Jae.

Abigail, Soo Min, and Eric sat on the sofa as Jae and Lu Min serve them tea.  Jae sits down next to Abigail after giving her a cup.

“How is it”, he ask her.

“Good”, she replies.

What is he thinking, when Lu Min is here. He’s being so obvious.

Lu Min walks over to Jae and Abigail and sits in between them.
“Abigail, you wouldn’t have any interest in Jae Oppa, would you?”, she questions.

“Lu Min”, Jae exclaims.

“Oh wait, I forgot, you---”, she blurts out and stops half after glancing over at Soo Min.

“Forgot what?”, ask Soo Min. Lu Min look from Eric to Soo Min.

“Oh just, that Jae isn’t her type”, she reply.

“What, how do you know that”, exclaim Jae.

As the two begin to argue, Soo Min’s cellphone rings. She answers the phone and leaves the room.

“Sorry, I have to go”, Soo Min says as she walks back into the room.

“Awww, so soon”, said Lu Min.

“Yes”, she replies as she grabs her stuff.

“I’ll walk you out”, I said as I got up.


I felt an ache in my chest as I watch Soo Min and Eric walk away, leaving me with Jae and Lu Min. What is this, why does it hurt to see him leave with Soo Min, are they really back together.

“Abigail, please tell Jae that he isn’t your type”, shout Lu Min.

I couldn’t help but laugh. These two were really made for each other.

“Why would it be bad if he was my type?”, I tease.

“What, bad, you just shouldn’t waste your time with someone like him, he has no heart for sweet girls”, she said.  

“What, I have no heart, you should be the one to talk, playing with young boys hearts”, he shouts. I notice Jae getting angry while Lu Min grabs her stuff.

“I don’t want to waste my time with you anymore. Na-jung-e bwae Abigail”, she said before walking out.

“Lu Min, I’m not done with you”, Jae shouts as he runs after Lu Min. I was left alone so I decided to help clean up when I heard the door close.

“Jae, that was really---”,I start to say before I realize it was Eric.