OSRS

Presumption

Define unnecessary. 

 

 

It’s when Mina gets jealous of all the fans and celebrities Chaeyoung interacts with when she clocks in for work. Unnecessary is when Mina starts a heated argument simply because Chaeyoung is just doing her job. These arguments usually result in Mina giving her lover the cold shoulder and Chaeyoung locking herself up in their room to avoid even more backlash. 

 

 

This day in particular was worse than most. It’s been a stressful week at work, yet today, some up and coming comedian confessed his attraction towards a short, blonde-haired girl who cheerleads for the Lotte Giants on live t.v. and that was enough to set Mina off in fumes. Words were exchanged between the couple, but it was mainly Mina who kept yapping, her pride making sure to hurt her fiancé. 

 

 

Chaeyoung had finally given up arguing. “Mina, please shut up.” 

 

 

“Do you like all this attention? I know you do.” 

 

 

The smaller slowly approaches her lover, wearing an adorable pout. “I like having your attention,” she affirms. “Only yours.” Chaeyoung lays a soft palm against Mina’s cheek, eyes conveying true affection and devotion.

 

 

And Mina almost gives in, but heck naw. Her ego will never allow her to apologize nor accept any apology. She plans to stay bitter till everything simmers down— you know, typical behavior of a self-important, proud person who has too much pride to openly express themselves. Yes, I’m talking about Mina. “Pffffftt.” The Japanese walks away, too busy tending to realize her lover was staring at her with such a sad look. “Come talk to me when you finally realize it’s a good idea to quit that job of yours.” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

What’s unnecessary? 

 

 

This treatment? 

 

 

No, not really.

 

 

While Mina’s pride is the size of the country of Japan and both Korea’s, she still has good qualities that balance everything out. She’s intelligent and courteous, first of all. 

She is also reasonable all times except when her jealousy spikes. It’s like her possessiveness takes total control of her senses and Mina never realizes till it’s too late. And though she has issues with intimacy and expressing herself, when she does love, she loves so hard.

 

 

But this treatment from Chaeyoung is still very much unnecessary, she thinks. The Japanese has been sleeping on the couch for the last two nights because her lover had kicked her out of their room. How can Chaeyoung live with herself knowing Mina needs a comfy bed to rest enough to not walk like a penguin the next day. A penguin-walk that Chaeyoung loves because she thinks it’s way too cute. Mina, on the other hand, hates it now. At a party last year, someone took a picture of her off guard and it looked like she was dancing, but her trolling friends photoshopped a motorcycle between her legs and Mina’s been traumatized since.

 

 

“Are you still not done ignoring me?” She sat next to her tiger cub’s small figure on the couch. 

 

 

“You told me not to talk to you unless I quit my job and guess what?” Chaeyoung pounds on the t.v. remote to avoid looking at Mina. “I’m not going to.”

 

 

Mina doesn’t even argue back as her attention is now on the mosquito bite she had just earned.  Mina scratches and picks at it though she knows her girlfriend doesn’t like when she hurts her body like that.

 

 

“What is that? What happened?” The younger leans her back against the armrest and grabs her girlfriends arm to try and get a closer look.

 

 

“It’s so itchy,” Mina frowns. 

 

 

Usually, Chaeyoung would go out of her way to make Mina happy again, but these days haven’t been going so well. “Stop scratching.”

 

 

“It’s hard not to.” Mina crawls forward to lay her head on Chaeyoung’s stomach while their lower limbs automatically tangled together. “Please, at least find another job.” 

 

 

Chaeyoung does not hesitate to leave Mina there, forcing her to sleep on the couch again. 

With the smaller girl being the more outspoken and uplifting one between the two, she’s still very reckless and unfaltering between them. She usually never thinks of consequences to any actions she’s about to pull, like pushing Mina away right now. She’s just trying to not have an argument right now, but if they argue, it shouldn’t be too big of a deal because at least it’s a form of communication, something they haven’t really had these past days. 

 

 

See, this is why they’re together and have been together for years now. They’re compatible, fitting like two pieces of a puzzle, like shimmie shimmie to kokobop and rum pum pum to pum pum pum puUUUUUAAHm.

Mina cannot express herself even if her life depended on it but Chaeyoung doesn’t mind sharing her corniest poem about love and soulmates and the birds and the bees or WhUtEvA. The balance comes when Mina’s realist side clashes with Chaeyoung’s romantic side. The smaller sure is the more optimistic of the two. In many ways, Mina has softened up and had become more open due to the influence. 

 

 

And Son Chaeyoung is the nicest person you’ll meet, but nice people can be very scary when they’re angry. So, Mina decides it’s best to wait till her fiancé unlocks their bedroom door.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I don’t see why you complain about her job. You work way too many overtime, holidays, and birthdays to be telling her to quit hers.” Jihyo sips on her freshly brewed black coffee as she stares her best friend down.

 

 

That didn’t faze Mina at all. “She’s one of the most popular cheerleaders right now. Chaeyoung has all these eyes and attention on her, I can’t just sit by and watch her take the first step to leaving me,” Mina says so stoically, it’s almost comical. 

 

 

Jihyo, being the god she is, sees right through her best friend. “So it’s not her job that’s bothering you? You’re afraid she’ll leave you.”

 

 

“Most days I work about 18 hours. On complicated surgeries, I work more than 24 hours straight. . . Tell me, Jihyo,” Mina hums. “Why wouldn’t Chaeyoung get tired of this kind of life with me?”

 

 

“So what everyone thought was you being jealous, is actually you being really insecure?” 

 

 

“No, I really was jealous at first, but when I started imagining Chaeyoung leaving me, I just couldn’t think of anything else.” It makes sense. Mina may not talk much about her feelings, but she does think a lot. A lone tear falls from her eyes, gaining a few comforting pats on her shoulder. 

 

 

“I’m sure Chaeyoung would kill you before you try and leave her.” Jihyo smiles, astonished to see her best friend so emotional. The only person Mina’s cried in front of was her girlfriend. “Go and fix this.” The smile never leaves Jihyo’s face and it’s comforting enough to convince Mina to go back home to lover.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The foreigner’s walk back home had sent her mind and emotions in all directions. That is why she enters their apartment with a tear-stained face. ’This is so embarrassing,’ she thinks. Mina finds her fiancé on the couch, watching something on her cellphone. The older does not hesitate to kneel in front of Chaeyoung, placing one side of her face on her girlfriends lap. 

 

 

At first, Chaeyoung was startled, but that shock subsides once the sound of distressing sniffles rings throughout the room. Chaeyoung takes the usual route of comforting her lover by caressing her hair and running delicate fingertips through her scalp. “Hey,” she says so softly, as if Mina could break into a thousand pieces if she was to talk louder. Mina responds by dipping her face deeper into Chaeyoung’s lap, asking the smaller to let her finish crying. Her sniffles turn into body-shaking cries, leaving Chaeyoung with no strength to be strong for the both of them. Chaeyoung starts crying too, but still has her hand in Mina’s hair, hoping to bring solace to her girl. Their friends always ask how she was able to break Mina’s walls down, but truthfully, Chaeyoung hasn’t fully broken them down. The Japanese does show her sentimental side with Chaeyoung, but that’s still very rare, so it’s always heartbreaking to witness this side of Mina. 

 

 

Mina’s face is still buried in her girlfriend’s lap, body unmoving. When she finally looks up, Chaeyoung’s heart cracks seeing her future wife so vulnerable with swollen, pink eyes. She feels her arm being pulled by Mina, then a soft kiss planted on her palm. “For life,” she croaks their version of I love you’s. “Yeah?”

 

 

Chaeyoung let’s a sob out, but nods her head anyways. “For life.” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mina wakes to the light weight of her girlfriend’s body on top of her. She feels the ness of their bodies, from Chaeyoung’s intake and release of breath an inch next to her right to Chaeyoung’s bare chest on her stomach. The older of the two looks up to the ceiling, where a mirror was placed and sees her younger lover’s back full of love marks and scratches. One of the two has thing for watching herself while the other is between her legs, hence, the mirror on the ceiling. Mina smiles at their reflection, totally loving the feeling of being so loved and being so in love.