PART 1

Between Security & Insecurity

Mark accompany Jinyoung to his classroom and people start to give them a very tense look. It is not a new news about Mark’s fiancé, but they had thoughts it’s only to cover Mark from all clingy men and women. Jinyoung lets the nuisance pass him because he hates being the centre of attention, especially when people are treating him with those sarcastic smiles.

“I’m leaving. See you after school.” Mark said after they reach Jinyoung’s classroom.

“No need to wait for me. I’ll will find my own way to back to the apartment. You can have your own time likes before.” Jinyoung said and every student in wow with how Jinyoung being so sassy to the school most handsome and wealthy student.

Mark smirked.

“Okay then. Good luck to find your own way back home.” Mark leaves and Jinyoung bites his lips.

Jinyoung has been assigned to sit near the window and where he could see his fiancé playing with his friend and group of students cheering him. Jinyoung back to read his book but stop when he hears a sound of chair being drag next to his table.

“All teachers probably going to cheer your relationship with Mark.” The boy smiles since he gets Jinyoung attention.

“Why?” Jinyoung did know the reason but he just wants to act likes he did not know.

“Oh, come on. Your fiancé is this school funder son. Of course, they are going to be on the good side by supporting this arrange marriage.” The boy continues.

Jinyoung just smiles and back to read, ignoring the boy.

“I’m Youngjae, your fiancé bestfriend lover.” The boy at last introduce himself to Jinyoung.

“Hi, but it’s lunch break you should go to lunch instead of bothering me.” Jinyoung really doesn’t want to be associate with Mark’s friend or friend of friend.

Youngjae giggles.

“Wow, Mark hyung got a sassy fiancé.” Youngjae leaves with an unbelievable expression.

Jinyoung looks back at the field after Youngjae left and he saw Mark is looking at him. Their eyes meet and Mark gestured if he had eaten. Jinyoung replied with showing his book. Mark nodded and back to play, and later, Jinyoung saw Youngjae launch himself over one of Mark’s friend.

 

                The school is fun and Jinyoung able to adapt easily and he loves how people leaves him alone including his own fiancé. Jinyoung already know who Mark’s circle of friends is including 3 students from his class which are Youngjae, Yugyeom and Bambam the loudest team in his class. While, Jaebum and Jackson are from Mark’s class. So, Jinyoung is avoiding getting close to these 5 peoples.

“Nyoungie…” Mark sat in front of him in café.

Jinyoung stop typing and look at his fiancé.

“What do you want, Markeu?” Jinyoung asks and looking at sweating Mark, he knows the older probably back from his basketball training.

“Nothing. I saw you on my way to home, so, I’ve decided to say hi to you.” Mark sweetly smile to Jinyoung and Jinyoung could not help but laughed.

“So, now you done with saying hi, can you leave?” Jinyoung pointed at the door.

Mark bitterly nods and leaves. Jinyoung knows Mark tries his best to take care of him but Jinyoung did not think they are compatible for each other. People will talk about them and Jinyoung had it enough.

Jinyoung phone ringing and he saw Mark is running back inside the café.

“I’m going to live with you. Mama and Omma have planned this.” Mark said before Jinyoung able to pick his mother call.

Jinyoung wishes he is not his mother son for once in his life.

 

                Mark is sitting on the couch when he sees Jinyoung coming out from his room. Jinyoung always cute whenever he is wearing the pyjamas. Mark has cooked the breakfast so Jinyoung only need to dig in. Living together is not as hard as they are thinking before, since they are having lots of agreement in rules of personal space.

“Aren’t you going out?” Jinyoung sits next to Mark on the couch with his omelette and sausages.

“Nope, I want to rest at home and plays some games.” Mark sees the unamused Jinyoung’s face when he said games. Jinyoung always hate the clicking sounds from Mark’s computer mouse.

“I’m going out with Hyunwoo hyung. I’m maybe not going home, tonight.” Jinyoung informs Mark.

“Are you really going out with Hyunwoo?” Mark sincerely asks since he has heard the rumours for few months.

“Yes. I’m 100% confirm I’m in love with him.” Jinyoung words is making Mark’s heart hurt.

“Even though you know Hyunwoo is my enemy.” Mark finally gets Jinyoung to turn his face to look at him.

“Yes. So, people will stop talking about my connection with Tuan’s. Lots of people stop to mention my name when they are talking about you.” Jinyoung poke Mark’s cheek and continues eating.

Mark sighed and it’s painful to know your fiancé hate you so much. Mark always love Jinyoung even after their family separated due to business venture. When Jinyoung’s family in the brink of bankruptcy, Mark’s parent is helping them, and they pay back with engaging Jinyoung with Mark because they know Mark had always love Jinyoung.

“I’m worrying if he just wants to revenge on me.” Mark said while patting Jinyoung hairs.

“Revenge? We meet coincidently and he doesn’t know that you are my fiancé until he sent me home last time, Mark. Get your fact before making an accused.” Jinyoung hates this conversation because it’s the same view he heard from Youngjae, Bambam and Yugyeom when they saw Jinyoung is meeting Hyunwoo.

Jinyoung stood up and washed his unfinished breakfast, letting Mark being hit with guilty alone.

 

                Jinyoung is dating with Hyunwoo is well known fact to both of their parents. Jinyoung has introduced Hyunwoo to his and Mark’s family as his boyfriend. They are taken aback with the news at first, but Mark is there to explain. Mark also asked them to not to force Jinyoung if Jinyoung still want to be with Hyunwoo instead of him after Jinyoung’s graduate later.

“What is this?” Jinyoung asks when Mark gives him an old letter.

“A letter from you back then when we were living in L.A.” Mark is sitting on Jinyoung’s bed and tomorrow Jinyoung is going to have a last final paper before graduation.

“You still keep it. I don’t remember this.” Jinyoung giggles and opens the letter.

 

To: Markeu

When I’m grown up, we are going to marry each other. I promise you. You are my only husband.

From: Nyoungie

 

Jinyoung bites his lips after reading the content of the letter.

“I don’t know if you think that your parent is being force to marry you to my family because of the previous unexpected circumstances, but I really want to marry. The arrangement is only an additional advantage to myself but I really want to marry you since we are still a childhood friend.” Mark confessed.

“I’m really sorry for your feeling. You know how much I love Hyunwoo.” Jinyoung does not know how to react to this new fact.

Mark nods and leaves Jinyoung alone in his room. Jinyoung is flipping the letter in his hand, he never had thoughts Mark is falling in love with him since their childhood days. Jinyoung had always look up at Mark but when he saw and heard how his mother holding Mama Tuan hand asking to take Jinyoung as Mark’s fiancé as token for helping them. Jinyoung feels disgusting and his heart start to hate the title of Mark’s fiancé. Jinyoung put the letter in his drawer, closed his eyes and took a deep breathe, it’s too late to back to being in love with Mark. Jinyoung cannot push Hyunwoo who is treating him so well despite knowing about his feeling for Mark.

“Good luck with your final.” Mark said before Jinyoung left with Hyunwoo.

Jinyoung is going out with Hyunwoo after the test, but Jinyoung did not expect Hyunwoo to bring him to club. Jinyoung hate noisy place, so, he decided to leave but he stops when he saw Mark dancing with one of his school classmates, Mina.

“Wow, Mark seems to enjoy dancing.” Hyunwoo gives the drink to Jinyoung and Jinyoung drink with one shot.

“I’m leaving.” Jinyoung about to leave but his head feel heavy.

“What did you put inside the drink?” Jinyoung asked but Hyunwoo only smile.

“Jinyoung-ah, let’s go.” Hyunwoo takes no time to pick Jinyoung up but Mark in between his drunk states still able to see Jinyoung being held by Hyunwoo, out from the club.

Mark grabbed Yugyeom to help to follow them, when he saw Hyunwoo carried Jinyoung in his car, Mark quickly gives his car key and asked Yugyeom to drive since he is still tipsy.

“Oh no. Jinyoung is heading to hotel.” Yugyeom commented and Mark head quickly shoot up.

Mark is trying to enjoy himself tonight since his heart has been shattered when Jinyoung text him that he is going to move out tomorrow. Jinyoung said he felt sorry that he not able to return Mark’s feeling so it’s probably awkward for them to stay together. Mark asked to stay until graduation day but Jinyoung said he wanted to spend most of his time with Hyunwoo before furthering his study in Japan.

“ Hyunwoo!” Mark said and Yugyeom quickly saves Jinyoung when Mark punch Hyunwoo after they able to catch up.

Yugyeom helps to bring Jinyoung’s home and Mark who still tipsy looking at Jinyoung while pitying his love toward the younger.

“Should I really force you to be mine?” Mark closed the door and slowly kissed Jinyoung who still half conscious.

Mark stopped when his conscious mind telling him that he will regret everything later. Mark about to leave when he saw Jinyoung is holding pain probably due to drug effect.

“Markeu, please...it’s hurt." Jinyoung held Mark wrist when the older stood up to leave.

“You’re going to regret it, later.” Mark said looking at Jinyoung.

“No. I would not blame you.” Jinyoung stared and pulled Mark onto the bed.

Mark let’s Jinyoung has his own way before giving in. Mark loves Jinyoung so much that’s it hurt to know the younger only want this because of the pain from the drug. Jinyoung tears fall from the corner of his eyes, the person he always pushed aside is making love with him. Jinyoung could feel how Mark is taking him with so much care.

 

Morning greet the two, Jinyoung wakes up first while Mark still in his dream. Jinyoung about to stand up when he felt Mark is holding his hand. Pushing it aside, Jinyoung slowly goes to shower. The last night event feels so clear. Is it possible to fall in love this fast? Or Mark is always in his heart and he is just in denial. Jinyoung comes out from the shower with Mark not on the bed anymore.

“I’m so pathetic.” Jinyoung sighed.

“I’m telling him that I’m going to move out because I don’t want to hurt him, but I guess I just hurt him again.” Jinyoung calls his parent and he decided to leave to Japan as soon as possible.

Jinyoung is coming out from the room when he saw Mark who is coming out from the shower. They’re eyes meeting each other but both did not able to bring up the any word out from their mouth. Jinyoung prepares the breakfast and set up the plate. When Mark walking to the kitchen, Jinyoung quickly pouring the coffee.

“I’m leaving for Japan, tomorrow.” Jinyoung started the conversation and he saw Mark looked up to meet his eyes.

“After what we are doing last night, I won’t let you go.” Mark took the sandwiches and sips the coffees.

Jinyoung sighed.

“That thing only happens because of the drug and you know better about my feeling.” Jinyoung sits down and eyes staring at Mark.

Mark eyes turned soft and loving when he looks up over Jinyoung.

“Are you telling me that you are regretting it?” Mark asked.

Jinyoung stopped and silent.

After a while, Jinyoung shakes his head while looking down at the floor and that enough to make Mark smile.

“So, stay and study here with me. I’m going to treat you like a real fiancé, and you have to let me be.” Mark stands up and pats Jinyoung hair.

“I love you, Park Jinyoung.” Mark said and pecked Jinyoung lips before leaving to his college.

Jinyoung is leaving with jaw dropping and blushing cheeks.

               

 

Mark sing a song when he enters the class and Jaebum gives him a weird look. Jackson on the other hand was sleeping next to Jaebum. Youngjae had inform Jaebum about what had happened in the club last night since Yugyeom being a concern classmate for Jinyoung. Jaebum nudged Mark to give him the detail about last night but Mark ignored him.

“Are you going to tell me or I’m going to ask Jinyoung?” Jaebum threaten.

Mark rolls his eyes.

“I’m going to be his real fiancé. I won’t hide anymore. I will treat him as my fiance. I want to give us a chance to be together.” Mark knows it’s not going to be 100% success because Jinyoung does not love him but at least they give themselves a try.

“Is Jinyoung having the same thought?” Jaebum knew better whatever Jinyoung is feeling. Youngjae always complaining how Jinyoung being in denial about being in love with Mark instead of Hyunwoo.

“He said nothing, but I think he partly want it too.” Mark looks at their professor and Jaebum nods.

“I really hope he is the one for you. You have been playing around yet you stay loyal to him.” Jaebum put his arm on Mark shoulder and patted it as encouragement.

“But he didn’t know it.” Mark sighed.

 

 

Mark back home with Jinyoung watching a movie. Mark caress the younger hair before heading to his room. Jinyoung smiles at Mark small gestures but he also worried if he was giving Mark a hardest time. Jinyoung must admit that his ego block all the good things Mark had done for him. He hates people saying his family being one on the top just because of Tuan and he being Mark fiancé only because of their family sell him to Tuan. When Mark confessed that he loves him truly from the start and the way he gives Jinyoung spaces to date Hyunwoo, Jinyoung could see the sincerity of his action. Last night, never a regret for Jinyoung because he always wants it to be more than just an arrangement partner to Mark.

“How was your day?” Mark take a seat next to Jinyoung and grab the popcorns.

“Boring and Mama called asking whether they can come here tomorrow. I told them to ask you first.” Jinyoung said while Mark munching the popcorn.

“Omma and Appa too?” Mark offered to feed Jinyoung and the younger open his mouth.

Jinyoung nodded as an answered.

“Okay, I make time for them.” Mark and Jinyoung could predict several things that their family wanted to discuss.

“I’m sorry to not to listen to you about Hyunwoo.” Jinyoung said since they need a closure after last night.

Mark turned to face Jinyoung and the movie is being forgotten by them. Mark took Jinyoung hands into his and caress it with his thumb.

“You are my love and you don’t have to say sorry for that. No one want to make a mistake but it’s worthy to learn from it. Now, you can at least see me.” Mark smiles and Jinyoung wanted to be drown into that eyes.

“Still, I have hurt you. I don’t think that you love me. You have tonnes of girls and boys next to you and I cannot count how many people having their ‘in relationship status with Mark Tuan’.” Jinyoung had a pouted whenever he remembers the last time, when he checked Mark ex-girls and ex-boys.

Mark felt so happy to know Jinyoung is jealous over his past relationship. It’s never a lie that he loves to enjoy life, but he never makes love with them, it’s all only one-night stand.

“It’s never be the same with you. Never, ever.” Mark put his hand to cup Jinyoung’s face and leaning close to meet with Jinyoung forehead.

Jinyoung blushed but he launches himself onto Mark arms and rest on the top of Mark.

“I always want you, but circumstances made me hate this arrangement and later, its turn to hate you.” Jinyoung confessed.

“I feel likes what people said is true that my parent sells me to you when you don’t even want me. I’m forcing you to accept me when you are being a victim. I’m happy you are confessing the truth.” Jinyoung circles his arms around Mark.

Mark caress Jinyoung hair and they are sleeping together on the couch, until Mark phone is ringing in the morning.

“Yes, Mama.” Mark picked up and smiled when he sees Jinyoung curling next to him.

“Son, we need to discuss something.” Mark remember what Jinyoung had said yesterday.

“Okay, come over for dinner with Omma and Appa too. Jinyoung and I will prepare the foods.” Mark senses something not good is coming from the tone of his mother.