The Missing Puzzle Piece

The Reason

Even when I have done it countless times and faced it to the moon and back I still find that the answer evades me. I knew I was onto something, had come endless times close to pulling that curtain back and discovering for it myself. The road was laid out, the map memorized, the highway before me in it's splendid dawn kissed glory beckoning me forward-- yet there was something missing, something like a wrench in a gear that was keeping me from stepping on the gas-pedal and letting myself race to that not-so-far-off horizon. I was so close. I was as ready as could be, yet that sensation would not leave me.

Tapping my pen against my lips to a beat my mind let itself wander off once more, my left hand cupping and propping my head up with elbows to the table. "What is the missing piece, what am I forgetting or overlooking? What is it?" I grumbled to no one in particular under my breath. Sighing loudly, stopping the tapping as I let my head fall back and eyes flutter shut. The more I tried to force a answer the more it evaded me. Too preoccupied with my inner-world I didn't notice my close friend repeat my name with a cute childish whine, automatically tuning it out as background white noise. Though white noise wasn't as persistent in grabbing my attention as my friend, his arm going around my neck and almost making me slip my elbow off the table.

"Jaebum-ah~, you can't ignore me forever." Jackson teased kindheartedly, making me snicker at his antics as he drew me closer into a hug with his arm around my neck.

Pretending that he was in my bubble I complained loudly, 'Yah! Not from lack of trying!' My retort smoothly ignored in a way only Jackson could pull off, slapping his leg in a familiar and friendly gesture to signal he could let go of me now. Raising my eyebrows with a little lilt of my chin I silently asked him what was going on, what had he been trying to catch my attention for earlier. 

"You have been in your own world for a while hyung," Jackson began, "I know you have pressures with us using your song as the comeback title track, just remember the song is good and solid." His kind and warm eyes that held endless compassion and patience catching mine, conveying his honesty. "If it was not then do you think we all would have voted for us to use it, or that Big Man himself would approve of it without more adjustments?" 

His words were true, I knew them to be, no one would risk our livelihoods by voting on a song just to spare feelings. We all understood that growth came through effort and many late nights going over the same challenges to overcome them, to learn from them; accepting feedback as many times as was necessary to be certain you were providing and presenting the best possible end result. He was right, if the song was not good then I would still be working on it and we would not have shot our music video for it already. A sensation of fondness warming me up as my burdens felt lifted a little by his insight.

"You are too humble, hyung. You can create great things, trust us like we trust you. We are one another's wings and support after all." The goofy side of Jackson making a appearance as he used his hands and fingers to make a little bird, 'flapping' the wings so it made shadows on the ground representing all the Ahgase and my brothers in Got7. "Come on, we say it all the time, let's Fly together for a long time. We will make this our strongest comeback yet, I will treat everyone to meat for dinner when we make our first win."

"Bet on it, shake on it, for our first win we will all gather together and have meat." I said as I shook his hand and that he better not forget. The burden on my chest loosening and ebbing away the more I spoke and listened to Jackson, who knew just how to comfort me. The thing that I had been forgetting --the missing puzzle piece just out of reach all this time-- filled in by Jackson without him knowing.

Just enjoy the journey with those around you, through the good and the bad, make the best of it. Even if it was difficult today, tomorrow we can recall on it with a smile as we all sit together around a table and enjoy a meal. We are one another's strength, I am not doing this alone. No member the sole responsibility for what happens from this point on, whatever happens it is a group responsibility. I know we will be okay, after all I have my brothers and Ahgase on my side, together we will Go Higher and Fly. I am ready to take off, I have no hesitation anymore, I will do what I always do and give my all on each stage so I can face each day with no regret.