His Secret

His Secret

“So, I’ll be by this afternoon ok?”

“Ok, see you later.”

“I love you Kookie.”

He smiled a bit, “Love you too.”

Jungkook ended the call and slipped the phone back into his pocket before falling back on the couch, sighing heavily. He was exhausted, they’d been practicing all morning and finally had a break before they went back to practice more. What he really wanted to do was go back to the dorm and go back to sleep.

Just then, the door swung open and in walked Jimin, followed as usual, by Taehyung. Both had several bags of chips and snacks in their arms. They headed to the couch and slumped down next to him, tossing the bags onto the table in front of them. Jimin reached out and grabbed one of the bags and threw it onto Jungkook’s lap before grabbing a bag for himself.

“We got you your favorite, did you make your call yet?”

Jungkook nodded before picking up the bag, taring it open and shoving his hand inside, pulling out a few of the puffs and tossing them into his mouth, “Thanks.”

“So, is she coming?” Taehyung asked, his mouth stuffed with chips.

“Yeah, sometime this afternoon. I tried to tell her we were busy, but she insisted,” Jungkook sighed, shoving more puffs in his mouth, munching away.

Jimin grinned, “She can’t wait to see her man, that’s what it is.”

Jungkook winced, “Yeah, I guess.”

Taehyng who now shoved a shrimp chip from a third bag he’d opened, in his mouth, crunching loudly on it, “Wahh, you’re the only guy I know who isn’t excited to see his girlfriend.”

He shoved more puffs in his mouth and shook his head, “It’s not that, it’s just…”

“Just what?” Jimin questioned, reaching out to grab his iced coffee and take a long sip.

“Just…she can be a bit…much I guess sometimes.”

Taehyung and Jimin just stared at Jungkook, munching away on their snacks

“I know, I know, that’s what you’ve all said. Don’t get me wrong, I really care for Bo Young but…”

He stopped, shoving another handful of puffs in his mouth, chewing slowly. He liked his girlfriend, he really did, she just was really excited. She was always coming by and when she did, she hung out with all the male staff and would sometimes talk to the noonas, but Jungkook noticed primarily she hung around his hyungs and while it didn’t really bother him persay, it irritated him more than anything.

Jungkook saw the looks he got from the staff when she was around, one of the dancer hyungs when he thought Jungkook hadn’t been listening, had likened her to an annoying fly, buzzing around your head all the time. While he knew he should be upset at the comparison, he found he wasn’t, which worried him. She did kind of come across that way, even to him.

Getting a girlfriend for him had been tough. People would look at him and assume that he’d have no problem getting any girl, but this wasn’t the case, had never been the case. It’d been well known amongst the members and staff and even with the fans that Jungkook had been shy, painfully shy when it came to women. He could do fanmeets with fans and flirt and play around with them with no problem, but when it came to his personal life, he was a mess.

He’d been like that since as far back as he could remember, girls were always a mystery to him. What did he do? What did he say? How was he to act? He just didn’t know and when they were around him, he’d freeze up, too afraid of putting his foot in his mouth. He was, of course, your average red blooded Korean male, he liked women, quite a bit, but never felt truly comfortable around them. It was legendary, his long-standing crush on fellow singer IU, for years he’d idolized the young woman and wanted desperately to talk to her, but he couldn’t, simply couldn’t.

The infamous moment at the 2017 Melon Music Awards, where Hoseok hyung told him to sit next to IU after returning from winning their award, he’d almost had a heart attack, he couldn’t do it. She’d been sitting there, in ethereal white, her long black hair flowing down over one shoulder, looking so amazing, so perfect, so out of his league, cold hard anxiety took over his body. He couldn’t move, he’d just stared at her in fear and trepidation, flat out refusing to get close to her for fear of blurting out how he felt or becoming so drunk on her intoxicating scent he’d start drooling or worse, attempt skinship and have her smack him, the possible horrifying outcomes were overwhelming. Namjoon, being the extremely kind and compassionate hyung that he was, had taken pity on him and had slid down in the seat, putting distance between him and the girl of his dreams and therefore had taken the pressure off him to have to sit directly next to her, but he still caught wafts of the scent of her perfume on the breeze and that’d been enough. For the remainder of the time, he’d been highly aware of her presence just a short distance away, and he could barely focus on anything else. He’d been aware of her every moment and it’d been glorious.

That’d been a couple years ago though and he was beyond that, how he knew that was simple. When he’d met Bo Young, there’d been no nervous butterflies, no fear, no heart flutters, he’d been completely comfortable and thus Jungkook had gotten over his insane fear of women. After that, he could talk to women with little to no issue, even the ones in the past whom he could barely be around without stumbling over his words, it’d been like this for the last year or so since he’d started dating Bo Young, no problems now.

Until her.

~~~

“Good Jungkook, good…and two, three, four…ba ba ba babababa, six, seven, eight…turn and…end, very good,” Il Sung said, coming over to give his shoulder a squeeze.

Jungkook gave him a smile and hurried off to the side, grabbing his towel and wiping at his face just as the door to the studio opened and a small petite young woman came bounding in. Jungkook plastered a smile on his face that was almost immediately wiped away as someone else came in behind Bo Young.

She was the exception, the only one with whom those damn butterflies and pesky heart flutters still existed. He’d get tongue tied and the sweaty palms, those old fears came rushing back, as if it never left, but only with her. And as proven prior, everything started happening again, Bo Young came bounding over to him, but his eyes were only on her as she walked over, speaking to Namjoon and then Jin came over, even Suga who was insanely picky about who he associated with. It was why he had absolutely zero tolerance for Bo Young but had no issues with her, even liked her, as he’d never been shy to mention to Jungkook.

Suddenly Bo Young was in his arms, hanging all over him. He tore his gaze from her and looked over at Jimin who was grinning evilly at him and Jungkook rolled his eyes and looked down at Bo Young.

“Hey honey.”

Bo Young pulled away and looked up at him, grinning broadly, “I’ve told you, you can call me jagi you know, I wouldn’t mind.”

Jungkook just smiled as he always did but said nothing. He couldn’t bring himself to, for some reason he just couldn’t use the term with her.

“I’m not going to be able to hang out much, we’re right in the middle of practice.”

She shrugged, “No problem, I’ll just stay off to the side and talk with some of the unnies until you have dinner. I hope you don’t mind, but I brought Aria with me.”

He quickly shook his head, his eyes lifting finding her immediately, still talking with Namjoon, Jin and Suga, but the rest of the members had joined, and he wondered why he wasn’t with them. Then again, he wouldn’t be able to say much, he found it so hard to speak around her. It didn’t help that she was five years older than him, it made sense that his hyungs would be comfortable around her, she was mature and smart and very beau…

“Jungkook, c’mon let’s start again.”

Closing his eyes, he took a breath and pulled away from Bo Young, “Sorry, I gotta go.”

“No problem, I’ll be right over there waiting for you,” she said, standing up on her tippy toes to give him a peck on the lips and he quickly pulled away, his eyes finding Aria again and she turned, making eye contact with him before giving him a beaming smile and a small wave of her hand.

His heart started pounding frantically and he could feel his cheeks burning as he brought his hand up, returning the wave. Bo Young pranced away, heading over to some of the male dancers, so much for talking to the unnies. Shaking his head, Jungkook hurried over to the middle of the dance floor.

“Yah, you didn’t say Aria was coming,” Taehyung said.

Jungkook shook his head, “I didn’t know she was.”

“I’m glad she’s here, there was a book she was telling me about before and I couldn’t remember the name, I got her phone number so I can keep in touch to discuss it with her as I read it,” Namjoon said, grinning happily as he made his way over to them.

Jungkook rubbed at his face, turning to face the mirror as he started running through the steps for one of their songs. Hoseok came up beside him, quickly falling into step with him, casting him a quick look.

“Yah focus,” he said suddenly.

“I am.”

“No, you’re not, you’re off beat.”

He stopped suddenly and looked over at Hoseok who continued to dance but managed to some how give him look to join in.

“Why’d you stop? C’mon!”

Shaking his head, Jungkook took another breath and fell into step with him.

~~~

Jungkook sat on the couch, reaching out to grab one of the packages of chopsticks, looking around at what he wanted to eat first as he grabbed a paper plate. He heard a giggle and lifted his eyes to see Bo Young talking to one of the dancers and he let out a breath.

“She just never seems to stop, I want to say it’s because she’s oblivious, but I think that’d be giving her too much credit.”

The package of chopsticks in his hands suddenly went flying as he managed to somehow hit them with the paper plate. He turned his startled gaze to Aria who at some point, had sat next to him on the couch.

“Whoa there JK, you almost took my eye out,” she grinned, reaching out to pick the package off the floor from beside her where it’d landed.

She either called him Jungkook, JK or Cooks, saying she refused to call him Kookie and that while he was sweet, he wasn’t a dessert. Only her or Jin hyung called him JK and she only called him cooks, he liked that it was special to her only. She turned back to him and held out the package and he bowed.

“S-sorry,” he said quickly.

“If you didn’t want me to sit next to you, all you had to do was say so man,” she chuckled.

“I-I’m really sorry, that wasn’t it at all I…”

She bumped his shoulder with hers, chuckling more, “I’m just kidding JK, no worries.”

His shoulder started to tingle and he wiped his suddenly sweaty hands on his pants, watching as she grabbed a package of chopsticks, tore the wrapper and pulled them out, breaking them apart and grabbing a plate and starting to load up. She was amazingly adept at using chopsticks even though she wasn’t from Korea.

Bo Young had told him they’d met while she was studying in America. Aria was in one of her classes and they’d hit it off. Once the semester had ended, Bo Young had come back home and Aria had been sent to Korea for a job study and they’d met up again, with Aria heading back home every so often. When BTS had started to make it big in America, Aria had given them suggestions and places to visit and sights to see.

One thing he really liked about Aria was she wasn’t overly used to the culture here yet and so a lot of her ways were still that of her home. She didn’t care about formal or informal language and insisted everyone speak informally to her, but most importantly, she didn’t treat him as the youngest. To her, he was just Jungkook, just…a friend. He knew he could be casual with her, but there was something else there, something else inside him that was discontent at the thought.

He looked over at her as she started eating, he watched as she opened a can of Coke and poured some into his cup before pouring the rest into hers. He swallowed hard, shoving a rice cake in his mouth, chewing intently, looking down at his plate.

“You look any harder at that plate, you’ll burn a hole in it. You ok?”

Jungkook lifted his head to look at her and she reached out, taking a sip of her Coke before bringing her gaze to his and he felt his heart drop and he dropped his gaze back to his plate, chuckling nervously.

“Yeah, I’m fine.”

“You sure?”

He nodded, shoving another rice cake in his mouth, but it tasted like rubber suddenly, but he reached out and poked the sharp end of the long toothpick into another. Just then there was a dip next to him and he turned his head to see Bo Young sitting next to him, she reached out and took the toothpick with the rice cake he’d just skewered and put it in . Jungkook let out a sigh and he chanced a look at Aria next to him and found her staring at Bo Young in what almost looked like disappointment.

“Hey, he was eating that,” she said.

Bo Young grinned, “It’s ok, we always share, you don’t mind right Kookie?”

He gave her a small smile and shook his head and she reached out, taking the cup from his hand, continuing to eat the rice cakes. Reaching out Jungkook went to grab at something else, when suddenly, another full cup of rice cakes was set in front of him. He looked over at Aria to see her cup of rice cakes missing.

“Hey, these are…”

“Shh, just eat,” was all she said as she continued to pick at the various different foods laid out in front of them.

Reaching out, he speared one with his toothpick and stuck it in his mouth, chewing happily. He went to thank her, when suddenly Namjoon made his way in, a smile lighting up his face when he saw Aria as he headed over, sitting next to her. Jungkook slumped a bit, looking over at Bo Young who had completely finished his rice cakes and was starting to pick off his plate, he groaned in frustration. Another toothpick came out, trying to take one of the rice cakes and suddenly he reached out, smacking the hand.

“Yah, Jungkook that hurt!”

He looked up to see Jin rubbing at his hand.

“Sorry hyung, but there’s a few other cups of them down there,” he smirked, pointing further down on the table.

Jin frowned, mumbling something as he walked off down towards the end of the table.

“Ya know Cooks, that was kinda mean.”

Forgetting his fear for a moment, he turned to look at Aria, “Yeah but, these rice cakes are special.”

She blinked and then chuckled, “I guess so, there is something highly addicting about the damn things, I can’t stop eating them,” she winked before turning back to Namjoon.

No, hers just tasted better for some reason.

~~~

“So, we’re heading out, we’re on for tomorrow evening right? I’ll come by the dorm around seven ok?”

“Yeah sure, sounds good,” Jungkook nodded.

“I can’t wait,” Bo Young smiled, reaching out, wrapping her arms around his waist and resting her head against his chest.

He brought his arms up, wrapping them around her casually, looking over to see Aria making her way towards them, Jimin and Taehyung on either side of her. He narrowed his eyes as he watched Jimin reach out and poke her in the cheek and she started chuckling, he could detect a faint hint of red on her cheeks if he wasn’t mistaken. Suddenly Taehyung started to ruffle her hair and Jungkook saw red, he reached out, pulling Bo Young’s arms from around his waist and took a step back, his breathing labored. He looked down at her and she blinked, clearly startled and confused.

“Kookie? What’s wrong?”

He shook his head, rubbing at his eyes suddenly, he didn’t know what’d gotten into him suddenly.

“Nothing, sorry, just really tired.”

“Aww my poor jagi,” she cooed, reaching out to cup his cheeks.

He looked down at her, biting his lip to keep from telling her to stop, that he couldn’t stand when she did that.

“Ok lovebirds, we have to get going, say your goodbyes,” Aria said, coming up next to them, smirking.

“Oh, Aria wait, here’s the lyrics I wanted you to take a look at, just text me whenever you’ve read them and let me know what you think ok?” Yoongi said, coming up behind her, a folder in his hand.

Aria turned and took the folder, “Will do, thanks for letting me read them. I really could’ve waited until you released the album like everyone else.”

Yoongi shrugged, “It’s ok, I don’t mind. Besides, you can let me know if I need to fix anything.”

“Oppa, you never let me read any of your stuff early,” Bo Young said suddenly, pouting at Yoongi.

Yoongi looked over at her for moment before turning and walking off. Bo Young looked back up at Jungkook, frowning.

“I just don’t get why he doesn’t like me, you should talk to him Kookie, tell him he needs to like me since I’m your girlfriend, ok?”

“Bo Young, he doesn’t have to like you cause you’re Jungkook’s girlfriend,” Aria stated, looking at her incredulously.

“Yes, he does unnie! It’s not fair otherwise!”

Aria shook her head and walked off towards Yoongi.

Bo Young looked back up at him, “You’ll talk to him, right? Tell him he has to like me, ok?”

Jungkook groaned inwardly and took her hand and started leading her towards the door, “I’m excited to see you tomorrow,” he stated, changing the subject.

Her face lit up, “Me too!”

~~~

Jungkook knocked on the door and waited while there was a shuffling and then a low voice responded.

“Who is it?”

“Me.”

There was a sound a of a lock being turned and then the door opened and Jungkook was faced with one serious looking Yoongi.

“Can I come in please?”

Yoongi stepped back and opened the door, allowing Jungkook to make his way in before shutting and locking the door once more before heading back over to his chair to sit. Jungkook came up next to him and set a shirt down on the desk beside him.

“I’m just returning that shirt I borrowed a couple months ago.”

“You said you were gonna keep it,” Yoongi said quietly.

“Yeah well, I decided it would probably be best to just give it back.”

Yoongi was quiet for a moment, “Ok, if that’s it you can go.”

“Oh yeah…sure, I’ll go.”

Jungkook didn’t move, but watched as Yoongi continued on with what he was doing, “Was there something else?”

“Huh? No, why?”

“Cause you’re still here.”

“Oh yeah, I’m going…”

A few minutes passed and Yoongi continued to work methodically.

“You’re still here.”

“Hyung…”

“Mmm?”

Nothing was said again for about a minute before Yoongi turned in his chair to look at Jungkook.

“Yah, what? If you’re going to go then go, if you have something to say, then say it.”

“Have you ever wanted something you shouldn’t?” Jungkook blurted out suddenly.

“Of course, everyone at some point wants something they shouldn’t, it’s part of the reason we want it, because we shouldn’t.”

Jungkook nodded, that made perfect sense, he didn’t know why he was asking, it wasn’t like there was something he actually wanted but shouldn’t, at least, not right now anyway.

“Wae?”

He shrugged, “Just wondering.”

Yoongi stared at him steadily.

“So yeah…I’ll just…go now.”

“What is it you wanted?”

“Nothing, just to give you back that shirt.”

“You’re lying”

“No, I’m not, it was just to give you that shirt and…” he sighed, “Well Bo Young wanted me to…”

Yoongi continued to stare at him and Jungkook shook his head.

“Never mind, it’s stupid really.”

Yoongi raised an eyebrow, “How long are you going to ignore my question?”

“I didn’t, I answered.”

“That’s not what I was asking, and you know it. What is it you want but shouldn’t?”

Jungkook slumped down on the sofa behind him, letting his head fall back, his eyes closing, sighing heavily.

“I don’t even know hyung.”

“Are you sure?”

“No, not really. What I do know is I’m confused.”

“About?”

“About…stuff.”

He opened his eyes to find that Yoongi had gone back to what he was doing and Jungkook stood and started for the door.

“I don’t think you’re that confused, I think you know exactly what it is that you want, you just have to learn to accept that what you currently have may not be right for you. You need to try to get what you really need. Deep down inside you know that you’re wanting of this thing is good for you and that’s why you’re fighting it so strongly. You’re not helping anyone by lying to yourself,” Yoongi said cryptically.

Jungkook looked at him startled for a moment before hurrying out the door. Yoongi, turned a bit, looking at the door, a hint of a smile on his lips. He shook his head before turning back to his computer.

~~~

Jungkook shoved a handful of popcorn into his mouth, munching away distractedly. He was barely watching the drama anyway, it was Bo Young’s suggestion to watch the sappy romance, he was beyond bored. He didn’t really care anyway, he was too wrapped up in his conversation with Yoongi hyung yesterday to focus on much of anything today at all. He didn’t know how he’d made it through rehearsals, he was on autopilot, just going through the motions so he could hurry up and go somewhere alone and think.

It hadn’t been easy though, his hyungs wouldn’t leave him alone. If Jin hyung wasn’t hounding him to listen to a new joke, Taehyung hyung was trying to get him to listen to a new group he’d found. Namjoon hyung had called him in to work on some vocals for their upcoming album and Yoongi hyung had been giving him mysterious looks more often than usual and kept hanging around him, asking him weird questions, it was very much unlike him, it was as if he were trying catch him doing something he shouldn’t be. Jimin was the only one who’d stayed away and he made up for that by grinning at him dopily most of the time like he knew something that Jungkook didn’t.

Now here he was, at the dorm while they were out, and Bo Young was over watching this lame drama as they cuddled on the couch and it was the last place he wanted to be. He wanted to go in his room and edit some videos, it was the best form of distraction for himself, he could actually think when he was busy doing something else that wasn’t his typical work.

“Jagi, can you go make us more popcorn, you ate it all,” Bo Young said suddenly.

He looked down to see the now empty bowl and Bo Young looking up at him, pouting slightly.

“Uh yeah, sure, sorry.”

“No problem, I guess you were really hungry,” she giggled.

Jungkook gave her a small smile and pushed the blanket off and stood, grabbing the empty bowl and heading into the kitchen.

“Hey Kookie, do you know of anyone who did online dating?” Bo Young asked suddenly from the living room.

He frowned, “Ani, wae?”

“Well can you believe that Aria has a date tonight with someone she met on one of those dating sites?”

Jungkook stilled, his heart dropping and then started to beat frantically, she was on a date?

“People are crazy, how could she even do that? It’s pretty pathetic, it must be hard to be that old and be single,” Bo Young chuckled.

That old? She was five years older than him and Bo Young, it wasn’t that bad, she was Jin hyungs age and while they all the time about being old, it was all meant in good fun. It really wasn’t that old.

Jungkook stormed out the kitchen and into the living room to look at her, “Did you call her and see if she’s ok?”

“Eh? Why would I do that? She can take care of herself.”

“She’s on a date with a stranger, why wouldn’t you call and check on her? What if something happened?” He pressed, fear that materialized from out of nowhere taking over his body.

“Jungkook, she’s an adult, she’ll be fine, I’m her friend, not her Mother.”

He stared at her in awe.

“Besides, if she can’t handle it, she shouldn’t have done it,” Bo Young shrugged. “Is the popcorn ready?”

He continued to stare at her and she looked at him, blinking in confusion.

“What?”

Jungkook stared at her a moment longer before turning and heading back into the kitchen, standing in front of the microwave. His head was spinning, what if something had happened? What if the guy was crazy? What if he attacked her or…?

He shook his head, aside from being worried for Aria, he was absolutely furious at Bo Young, how could she not care? She was supposed to be Aria’s friend and she didn’t care that she was out on a date with some random guy?

The microwave went off and he roughly pulled the door open and grabbed the bag of popcorn out, slamming the door shut harder than need and roughly tore the bag open and dumped the contents into the bowl. He had to find a way to go to her house, to make sure she was ok.

Grabbing the bowl, he headed back into the living room, sitting down on the couch and setting the bowl down so hard, some of the kernels spilled out over the edge.

“Yah, be careful,” Bo Young muttered, reaching in to grab a handful and shove it in . “Can you get me a drink too?”

Jungkook narrowed his eyes at her and she looked over at him and smiled.

“A soju please if you have it,” she said before leaning in to kiss his cheek.

His anger rose, he rarely got angry, but right now he saw red. Jungkook stood and headed into the kitchen again, flinging the door open to the refrigerator and looked inside, staring at the bottles of soju before shutting the door again and heading back out.

He sat down next to her and she looked over at him and frowned.

“Where’s my drink?”

“We don’t have any soju,” he lied.

“Aww,” she pouted.

Bo Young turned back to the tv and shoved more popcorn in . Jungkook reached out, grabbing his cell phone from off the coffee table in front of him and opening the group chatroom, sending a quick message to Namjoon.

Namjoon hyung, have you heard from Aria?

He waited a few seconds and then the reply came.

No, wae?

I need her number, can you give it to me please? I have to ask her something.

Oh, sure, here…

Thanks

He glanced to his right to see Bo Young still watching the drama intently. He looked back at his phone and started typing a text message.

It’s me Jungkook, I hope you don’t mind but Namjoon hyung gave me your number. I just thought it may be a good idea if I had it in case I needed to get in touch with you for something, like an emergency.

Jungkook waited for a response and kept waiting. Ten minutes passed and still nothing, his worry grew, it was taking her too long to respond, it didn’t even look like she’d read the message.

“I have to go out,” he said suddenly, the words were out before he could stop them as he looked at the message that hung in the air on his phone, waiting for a reply.

Bo Young looked over at him, “Huh?”

“Something came up, I have to go, right now.”

“Aww but Kookie we’re having our cuddle night, can’t it wait?”

He looked over at her, “No it can’t, I have to go.”

She rolled her eyes and stood, grabbing the popcorn bowl and setting it down harshly on the coffee table and sighed, “I can’t think of anything more important than me being here with you right now, why can’t you just do it later?”

Jungkook took a calming breath and stood up, turning and heading into his bedroom, “Mianhae it’s an emergency, I have to go.”

“Is it one of the guys?”

He came back out after getting his wallet, “I can’t say. I’ll make it up to you, I’m really sorry.”

Bo Young made her way over to the door, forcefully putting her shoes on before making her way out, slamming the door after her. Jungkook closed his eyes, trying to regain his composure before opening them again and pulling his phone out of his pocket, no new messages. Reaching out, he grabbed one of the masks they kept by the door and hooked it around his ears, pulling his beanie on and heading out.

~~~

He was surprised he remembered where she lived, him at the rest of the members had come to her apartment once several months ago when they’d first met. Bo Young had insisted they have a party at Aria’s house since she was still with her parents and she’d wanted to drink. Aria had been considerate enough to allow for it to happen, but it’d apparently been burned into his mind because he’d found the building with no problems and here he sat, on the stoop, waiting.

Jungkook had rung the bell several times with no answer, the fear in him rising. She still hadn’t responded to his message either, it’d been too long. He didn’t know what his next step should be, Namjoon had messaged him wondering what was going on and why he’d wanted to know why he wanted to know where Aria was. Jungkook couldn’t tell him why, so he’d made up some lame excuse about wanting to ask her to borrow a book he’d seen Namjoon with. Namjoon hadn’t questioned him further luckily, but he didn’t think he was truly off the hook though.

He ran a hand through his hair nervously, looking up and down the street before adjusting the mask on his face. He put his beanie back on and let out a breath, he couldn’t go to the police, what would he even tell them? If fans or anyone caught him even going there, a scandal would start, what could he do?

Letting out a deep breath, he closed his eyes and let his head fall back. He was so scared, he didn’t know why, but the thought of something possibly happening to her caused a fear to the likes he’d never known, to course through him. He wanted her to be safe, he wanted to protect her, he needed to see with his own eyes that she was ok. Jungkook lowered his head, opening his eyes when something caught his attention.

Looking over, he saw a car stop a little ways down the street, he could see two people inside, it looked as if they were talking. The passenger door opened and a woman stepped out and he stood up suddenly, making his way carefully down the steps as the woman spoke to the person behind the wheel. Jungkook slowly made his way down the street towards her and as he got closer, his heart started racing again as he realized the woman was Aria. He stopped walking and watched as she smiled, laughing a bit before taking a couple steps back, waving at the person before turning and starting down the sidewalk towards him.

Jungkook looked at the person at the car, he could feel himself glaring as he realized it was her date, he watched as the man looked at her, even from his distance, he could see the man running his eyes leeringly over her body and the next thing he knew, he was walking briskly towards her. She looked up, her eyes finding his and they widened in surprise.

“Jungkook? What are you doing here?”

He caught up to her and stopped beside her, moving her to walk in front of him a bit as he stood behind her, effectively cutting off the view of the man in the car.

“Annyeong Aria,” he said softly, looking behind him at the man who had been trailing behind slowly.

Suddenly he sped up and took off. Jungkook let out a breath of relief before turning to look at again at Aria, his eyes trailing over her body quickly, she looked ok, didn’t seem to be in distress. He lifted his eyes to hers to find her staring at him worriedly.

“JK? What’s wrong? Why are you here?” She questioned.

He just continued to stare at her, relief pouring over him, she was ok.

“Jungkook c’mon, what’s wrong? Are you ok?” Aria asked suddenly, reaching out, taking his hands in hers.

“Are you ok Aria?” He whispered.

She blinked, “Huh? Me? Yeah, I’m fine, why? What’s going on?”

He shook his head, giving her hands a gentle squeeze before reluctantly letting go. “Nothing, I just wanted to come by and see you.”

Aria stared at him, “You wanted to see me?”

Jungkook nodded, looking away, rubbing at the back of his neck, it suddenly dawning on him how reckless he’d been coming here like this. He was never so impulsive, he always thought things through, always had plans, but everything went out the window when it came to her. His only thought had been to make sure she was alright and now that he knew she was, he was realizing the potential consequences of his actions.

“Seriously Jungkook, what’s happening? You looked ready to hurt someone just now, what’s wrong? You’re scaring me,” Aria stated firmly, trying to make eye contact with him.

He shook his head, “I’m sorry, really. I just really wanted to see you, so I waited on the stoop for you to come back. Bo Young said you had a date tonight and so…”

Aria stared at him before looking away, clearing , “Yeah, I did, just finished actually.”

“And are you ok? I mean was he…are you alright?” Jungkook asked softly, bringing his gaze back to hers finally.

“Yes Jungkook, I’m fine.”

Jungkook stared intently at her, “Are you going to see him again?”

He didn’t mean to ask, it really wasn’t his business, but he couldn’t help but ask, he needed to know.

She rubbed at her eyes and shook her head, “Nah, I don’t think so. There were no real sparks, he was nice enough, but I think my search continues.”

Jungkook let out a breath, his body instantly relaxing. He looked back over at her, his gaze racking over her again, but actually seeing her now, the form fitting red dress clung to her body and her hair swept up in an elegant twist, simple jewelry adorned her neck and fingers and he swore he never saw anyone look so beautiful before.

“Oh, you sent me a message. You wanted my number in case of an emergency? Ok, what the hell is going on Jungkook? You can’t send me a message like this and be here without something being wrong and I want to know what it is,” Aria said firmly.

He chuckled nervously, his palms once again going sweaty and he rubbed at the back of his neck again.

~~~

“I’m really sorry to worry you, I promise everything is ok.”

“So, you just came by to talk?” She questioned, sitting down next to him on the couch, setting the glass of milk down in front of him.

Jungkook reached out, grabbing the glass and downing half of it in one gulp.

“Just how long were you waiting?” She asked, taking a sip of her Coke.

He set the glass down and wiped at his mouth, “Not long, I’d just gotten there before you arrived.”

She didn’t need to know he’d sat there for an hour and a half. He reached out, grabbing at the snacks she’d set out and shoved some in his mouth, she just happened to have some of his favorites, she was pretty amazing that way.

“I thought you had your…cuddle night with Bo Young.”

He started choking and he felt Aria slapping his back hard.

“Be careful!!” She cried, looking at him worriedly, shoving his half empty glass of milk into his hand, watching him closely.

He downed the rest of it, looking over at her, his eyes watering from the choking fit.

“Better?” She asked, rubbing his back gently.

Jungkook swallowed hard, nodding quickly.

She let out a breath and took a long drink of her soju and stood quickly, her back to him for a moment before turning to look at him.

“Am I crazy for wanting to find someone? The dating site thing probably wasn’t the smartest idea, but…what else can I do? It’s hard to find a guy that’s interested in dating a foreigner and someone I can connect with. The only guys I’m really close to are you and the rest of BTS and your dancers and all.”

Jungkook’s eyes widened when she looked at him.

“Do you have any older friends by chance?”

His heart dropped, and he looked down.

“That was kinda stupid I guess, you’re super famous, none of your friends would be interested in me,” she sighed, slumping back down next to him.

“That’s not true!”

“It is, man, I thought finding a man back home was hard,” she frowned.

He couldn’t say anything, just stared at her dumbfounded, she took his silence as further agreement and nodded.

“You’d know better than anyone else. I could always ask Jin or Namjoon…even Suga.”

“A-ask them…what?”

“Ya know, if they have any other suggestions…if they have any friends who are single that may be interested in me. I dunno, I seemed to have hit it off with Namjoon, we have a lot in common. Do you…do you think I’m his type?” Aria asked suddenly, looking over at him, hope in her eyes.

He continued to stare at her, his heart pounding so hard, a mix of sadness and what felt alarmingly like jealousy, burning in him.

Her face fell, “No huh? Yeah, I guess not, again, stupid thought. He’s super smart and way out of my league, I shouldn’t even have asked. I shouldn’t be saying this, makes it look bad, you guys are my friends and I want to keep it that way. Don’t…don’t tell him I said anything ok? I don’t want to make things uncomfortable.”

“What about me?” He blurted out suddenly.

She blinked, “Huh?”

His jaw dropped, why did he say that? What did he even mean?

Aria stared at him, her eyes widening and she looked away quickly, swallowing hard, “Oh, you’re right, I’m sorry Jungkook, really, I shouldn’t have said anything, especially to you of all people, my bad,” she frowned, looking down. “I really am pathetic. I guess…I should just wait until I go back home to find someone. I don’t know how long I’m gonna be here and to start a relationship with someone that I may not be able to see all the way through is wrong, for the both of us.”

He shook his head, that wasn’t what he meant. He wasn’t sure what he meant, but he knew that wasn’t it, not at all.

Aria took a long drink of her soju and looked over at him, “Let’s talk about something else besides me. You guys are going to the US for the Billboard awards, you’re up for two this year, I know you must be really excited!” She smiled.

He didn’t want to talk about the Billboards, he wanted to talk about her dating and who she was going to ask and what she was going to do.

“Y-yeah…”

“I’m so happy for you all! I wish I could go with you.”

So did he.

“I’ll be rooting for you, I’ll make sure to get up early to watch it,” Aria smiled.

Jungkook sighed, looking over at her, “Aria…”

“Yes?”

“I want…I want to…to…”

She blinked, watching him, “To what?”

He slid closer to her, he couldn’t stop himself, “I want you…”

“You want me…?”

Jungkook couldn’t say any more, he just looked at her.

Her eyes widened and she swallowed hard, at her lips. His eyes caught the movement, his gaze fixated on her lips. The thoughts wouldn’t stop coming, that he wanted to taste those lips, feel her body pressed up against his. Startled, he looked back up at her to find her watching him intently, her breathing labored and choppy. Everything he held back came rushing to the surface suddenly, as if his prior thoughts had given his body permission to finally do what it wanted.

Jungkook reached out, his hand almost coming in contact with her cheek, when she pulled away, standing up suddenly, walking to the middle of the room. He let out a breath, his body shaking hard with restrained desire. So close, he’d been so close, he’d never felt so alive, so…determined as he did just then.

He shook his head, this was all wrong. He shouldn’t be feeling like this, it shouldn’t have happened, it was very wrong.

“I’m…gonna, g-go,” he whispered, standing up and bolting out of her apartment.

He had to get away from her, away from the temptation.

~~~

Aria stood there, her hand on her chest, her heart pounding hard. That had been close, too close. She’d almost exposed the truth, her feelings.

She didn’t know how much longer she could lie.

~~~

A Few Weeks Later

“SURPRISE!!!!”

The lights came on and Jungkook and the rest of the members stopped in the doorway, Hoseok crying out in fear as a bunch of people screamed out in the center of the dance studio, balloons and streamers were scattered all over the room. There was a table set up loaded down with food and snacks and party favors.

“Congratulations on your Billboard awards jagi!!” Bo Young cried out, hurrying over and launching herself into Jungkooks arms.

He looked around to see the dancers and Bang PD Nim all gathered in the studio, laughing and smiling. They came over and hugged everyone. Bo Young pulled away to allow one of the dancer hyungs to hug him as well as Bang PD. His eyes widened when he saw Aria hugging first Jin, then Yoongi, followed by Taehyung, Jimin and Hoseok and then finally Namjoon.

The hug seemed to last forever before she pulled away and looked up into his eyes, she was positively beaming at him and Jungkook couldn’t look any longer, bringing his gaze to the floor.

They’d been gone for several weeks to the States and the whole time all he’d thought of, was her. Not Bo Young, but Aria. He hadn’t since her since that night in her apartment, and she hadn’t come by with Bo Young. He was scared that she didn’t want anything to do with him anymore, and even though nothing had happened that night, he’d had his heart in his eyes when he’d looked at her. He could only imagine what she’d been thinking, him a young man even thinking thoughts of being with someone like her, she probably found it laughable.

“Cooks!”

He looked up to find Aria coming to him quickly.

“Cooks, congratulations!!” She said excitedly, coming over and pulling him into her arms, hugging him tightly.

His whole body started trembling and he brought his arms up, wrapping them around her, the seductive scent of that perfume she always wore, swirling around him. He was holding her, actually holding her. As she pressed close to him, he swore he could feel the rapid pounding of her heart, and the very distinct tremble in her body as well, as if…as if…

She pulled away, smiling broadly at him, “I’m so happy for you! Two awards, I knew you guys could do it!” She said, reaching out and putting a party hat on his head. She brought her hands down, gently cupping his face, it felt different when she did it. “I’m so…so proud of you Jungkook, really and truly,” she said softly, hesitating only a moment before leaning in and giving a quick, light peck on the cheek before rushing off.

Jungkook stood there, his body in agony over the press of her lips against his cheek, the longing filling his body to the max, and there was nothing he could do. He turned and saw her laughing and talking with the other members and he let out a sigh, his gaze finding Yoongi’s, who was watching him steadily.

He had to fight it, he had to.

~~~

That Night

“Don’t do this Bo Young, c’mon,” Jungkook pleaded.

“No, I’ve had enough, we’re going to settle this once and for all,” she said coldly.

“It was an accident, it didn’t mean anything…”

The doorbell rang and he looked over as Bo Young hurried over, pulling the door open.

“Hey girl, what’s up?” The voice at the door said.

“Come in,” she said briskly, walking back into the room.

“What’s…oh JK you’re here?” Aria said as she made her way into the room, giving him a broad smile.

The tension was palpable, and she looked between the two, her smile slowly fading.

“What’s going on?”

“You tell me,” Bo Young said, harshly, glaring at Aria.

“Huh? What do you mean?”

“Just what the hell is going on with you and my boyfriend?”

Aria’s eyes widened, “Huh?”

“You heard me, what’s going on? What are you two up to?”

Jungkook could feel his anger starting to build, he didn’t want to do this, not in front of her.

“Bo Young please stop it, there’s nothing going on,” he stated firmly.

“Oh yeah? Then explain it, explain what just happened with us then, in front of her,” Bo Young said angrily.

Aria looked over at him, confusion in her eyes, “What’s she talking about Jungkook?”

“Tell her,” Bo Young pressed.

He shook his head, “Ani.”

“If you don’t, I will…”

He looked over at Bo Young, anger flashing in his eyes, “No!”

“Then say it! If it’s not such a big deal, then you shouldn’t have any problem, if nothing is going on with you two, tell her.”

Jungkook looked over at Aria helplessly, he swallowed hard, unable to speak.

Bo Young looked at him, her eyes growing colder before looking at Aria, “We were making out, getting ready to have and he called me your name, your ing name!”

Aria stilled, her eyes widening, “W-what?”

Jungkook, closed his eyes, shame and embarrassment washing over him.

“Oh, you didn’t know right? I haven’t told you, this isn’t the first time, no, not even the second. Third, three times now he’s called me your name while we were making out, three! I’ve ignored it up until now, thinking it was just a slip, but no more. I want to know what the hell is going on with you two? What are you doing with my boyfriend?!” Bo Young screamed.

“It was just a mistake, nothing is going on with us, we’re just friends,” Aria reasoned, watching Jungkook steadily.

“Once was a mistake, three times and something is going on you’re not telling me. What’d you do? Did you seduce him? Are you that hard up for a man, you’re willing to steal mine?” Bo Young spat, walking up to her and looking her in the face. “I knew you were pathetic, you had to be to use some damn dating service, but I didn’t know you’d stoop so low as to go after my boyfriend. Having him go check on you wasn’t enough, you had to seduce him too?”

“Yah, Bo Young!” Jungkook cried.

“What the hell are you talking about?” Aria stated calmly.

“You didn’t tell her?” Bo Young said, turning to look at him.

Jungkook took a calming breath, glaring at Bo Young.

She turned back to Aria, “Yeah, he left in the middle of our date night to go to you when I told him you went out on a date. He dropped me to go to you and you let him in your apartment.”

Aria’s eyes widened again and she looked over at Jungkook, “Is this…true Jungkook?”

He said nothing, just looked away.

“But…why?” She asked softly.

“Because he was worried about you, that’s why. I should’ve known when he was pressing me to check on you and to see if you were ok. But that’s what you wanted wasn’t it? To be the victim, to lure him to you and steal him from me, you really are pathetic. You’re old, and ugly, no man would want you, so you go after mine. You’re so desperate, you have no shame, no morals, all you care about is yourself,” Bo Young screamed.

“YAH!” Jungkook yelled suddenly and Bo Young turned to look at him, her eyes widening.

She turned back to Aria, “You say you’re my friend and that you care about me, right?”

Aria said nothing, just continued to look at her,

“If so, you’ll stay the hell away from my boyfriend you hear me? I don’t want you around him again, ever.”

Jungkook made his way over, “Bo Young stop this, nothing is going on and I refuse to stand here and listen to you treat her this way, stop it!”

“No! She wouldn’t have met you if not for me and this is how she repays me, by trying to take you from me?” She grated out, looking back over at Aria. “This ends here, you’re to have nothing to do with him, do you understand?”

Jungkook looked at her, but her gaze remained firm on Bo Young. There was no fear, no anger her eyes, just pure determination.

Bo Young smiled, “Fine then, you can…”

“No,” Aria cut her off suddenly, a slow smile forming.

“Excuse me?” Bo Young blinked, her smile starting to fade.

“I said no. I don’t know who the hell you think you are, but I’m a grown woman, no girl is going to stand here and tell me who I can and cannot speak to, I’m not a child and you’re not my mother.” Aria said calmly.

Bo Young stared coldly at her.

“Whatever issue you have with Jungkook is your problem, not mine. I sat back and watched while you flirted and played around with other men and kept my mouth shut because it wasn’t my business.”

She cleared and Jungkook’s eyes widened.

“If you’re going to pass judgement on someone, you’d better take a look in the mirror, because if there’s anyone that’s guilty here, it sure as hell isn’t me.”

Bo Young swallowed hard, looking away.

“You’re gonna come at me like this to cover your own guilt, you’re nothing but a hypocrite. Now, if you know what’s good for you, I suggest you back the hell away from me right now,” she said coolly, but with deadly warning in her voice.

Bo Young’s eyes widened, and she took a step back and then another, fear replacing the smug look on her face.

“I have not now nor ever had anything with Jungkook other than friendship, and you know it. I will not stand here and have you insult me, I won’t play that game and I will not stoop to your level and fight over a man, I’m too mature for that. I also, will not stop being friends with him, I will choose who I associate myself with, not you. It is up to Jungkook if he decides to still keep in contact with me, but me and you? We’re done and if you’re smart, you will make sure that you do not run into me, and I will do the same with you. You can consider this friendship over.”

“You would really pick a guy over your friend?” Bo Young said quietly, looking already as if she were regretting her outburst.

“You did that for me, you seem hellbent on making my decisions for me, I will thank you for making this one so easy on me. I’ll see you later Jungkook,” Aria said, giving a pointed look at him before turning and making her way out the apartment.

Bo Young watched her leave and then turned to Jungkook, “I-I’m sorry…really Jungkook…Kookie, I’m sorry…” she whispered, tears welling up in her eyes.

He said nothing, just stared at her.

~~~

Aria leaned heavily against the wall, her heart pounding wildly, the only thing she could think was if she were ever going to see him again.

~~~

A Few Days Later

The door swung open and her eyes widened, “Jungkook.”

His heart was racing so fast he was sure she could hear it. It’d been a few days, but he’d missed her so much.

“C-can I come in?”

“Oh sure, of course,” she said, stepping aside so he could enter.

He made his way inside and turned to look at her, watching as she shut the door.

“I have to say, I wasn’t sure if I was going to see you again after what happened. I’m sorry about that,” she sighed.

He frowned, “Why are you apologizing? It wasn’t your fault?”

“Yeah but, I didn’t want to ever come between your relationship, she is your girlfriend, was before I knew you.”

“Yeah, she was, but you’re my friend, I don’t like my friends to be treated that way, and it’s ex-girlfriend now,” he blurted out.

Aria blinked and then frowned, “I’m sorry.”

“I’m not, she wasn’t right for me,” he said quietly, looking down. “I wish I had realized it sooner.”

“It’s ok JK, you’re young, you still have time to look around and date, you’ll find the right one eventually.”

He lifted his head to look up at her to find her smiling broadly, “Really?”

“Hell yeah! You’re a great guy, smart, multi-talented, funny and bonus very easy on the eyes,” she winked.

He could feel his face burning and he looked away, rubbing at the back of his neck.

“How bout a drink?” She asked, heading into the kitchen.

Aria made her way back out a few minutes later, four bottles of soju in one hand and bags of snacks in the other, setting them down on the coffee table. Jungkook watched as she sat down, his heart was still pounding hard, it seemed to be worse since he’d broken up with Bo Young and was now officially single.

He’d ended it that night, she’d begged and pleaded with him to give her a second chance, but he couldn’t, wouldn’t. His heart didn’t belong to her, never really had and he always knew, but had been too afraid to admit it. Now as he looked at Aria, he realized that was why being with Bo Young, being around her had been so easy, there had been no spark. He was comfortable with her because she didn’t make him feel that way he should when he was around someone he liked, not like Aria did.

Jungkook was convinced he was no longer nervous around women as long he didn’t have romantic interest in them, it explained why he was so nervous around Aria. While in some sense he had been comfortable around her, he couldn’t be completely because his feelings for her weren’t just friendly, he wanted more and his heart knew it way before he did.

Slowly he made his way over, sitting next to her and was immediately surrounded by the scent of her perfume and he sighed. She slid one of the bottles close to him before uncapping one and taking a sip. She said she never understood the need for the little glass and that at home, they just drink right from the bottle. Still and all, when they were out in public, he’d seen her use the glass to be respectful and he looked down to see that she’d also set a small glass down in front of him.

Chuckling, he reached out and opened one of the bottles, his eyes widening when she reached out and poured him a glass.

“You know, you can be a rebel about it and drink straight from the bottle, I won’t tell…promise.”

Jungkook lifted his head to look at her when he caught her staring at him, her eyes not quite meeting his before looking away almost nervously. Was it always like that? He’d never noticed that hint of nervousness in her before.

“Sorry, not the best influence huh? I know I know, when in Rome, but some habits die hard. Just saying, you don’t have to worry about the formalities with me, that’s all.”

“I know,” he said softly, and she looked over at him again.

There it was again, that nervousness, why hadn’t he noticed it before? She looked away again, smiling idly as she took another long drink from the bottle.

“But seriously Jungkook, I’m sorry about you and Bo Young and while I’m not so arrogant as to think I’m the only reason for your breakup, I do know that that whole thing from before didn’t help.”

“No, you’re not, but you are a big part of it.”

Her head whipped around, and she looked at him again, “Huh? I am?”

Here goes…

“Ne, you are. I mean, not like I knew you would be, but over time I think I knew that eventually if anything like that happened, you would be the main cause,” Jungkook started to explain, reaching out to grab one of the bags and tear it open, grabbing a handful of the snacks and shoving them in his mouth.

She continued to stare at him and he looked up at her, his lips to get the excess crumbs off and he caught her gaze dart to his lips quickly and then back up to his eyes. Just what was going on with her?

“Mmm hmm, you made me feel like I hadn’t felt in a while and I couldn’t understand why. I thought I’d gotten over it, that uncomfortableness with women, that fear, that…nervousness. It was why I started dating Bo Young in the first place, cause she didn’t make me feel those things, I thought it was comfort, but it wasn’t, it was just…convenient.”

Aria shook her head, “I don’t understand, you didn’t date her because you liked her, but because she was convenient?”

Jungkook nodded again, grabbing the glass and downing it in one shot. Aria reached out to refill it and he waved her off, picking up the bottle and taking a long drink. She grinned suddenly, chuckling a bit.

He set the bottle down and at his lips again, “Yes, I could speak to her, be myself for the most part around her. I didn’t have to worry about the sweaty palms and not knowing what to say, the awkwardness that always came when I was around women, it wasn’t there with her. I suppose some of it could be likened to my age, I’m not as old as my hyungs and I’ve always felt that I don’t know how to talk to people because of what I do, because I became a member of BTS so young, I kinda missed out on that whole interaction thing. I’ve always been slightly more comfortable around people older than me, than people my own age since I wasn’t around them as much. I’ve had to grow up faster than most teenagers do and while it’s nice, in some ways it’s kind of a detriment you know?”

He’d tried explaining it once to Bo Young, but she just couldn’t understand, saying she found it nearly impossible to speak to adults or anyone older and that she didn’t really bother trying, she wasn’t really going to be around them like that, so what did she care? The whole conversation had been a waste of time.

“No, I hear you, really. I’ve always gravitated to people older than me, but on the flip side to that, people younger than me have told me they feel comfortable coming to me and talking or hanging out, which feels really good. It really depends on your environment, and you JK are in an extraordinary environment. It makes sense that your social skills with people your own age is a little off and that you’d be a bit more comfortable with someone older, your job requires you to be. Most young men and women your age aren’t traveling the world doing interviews and making appearances at the UN, it’s pretty exceptional,” Aria smiled.

Man, he wanted the woman in front of him so bad he didn’t know how he was still sitting on that couch and not pulling her into his arms and kissing her senseless. He took a breath and looked back up at her, if he played his cards right, he just may be able to do what he imagined.

“Then Bo Young brought you by one time and everything changed,” he said suddenly.

Her smile slowly started to fade.

“I thought I’d gotten over it, the fear, the nervousness around women. After I started dated Bo Young, I didn’t have to worry. I could speak to women, girls my age with no problem. I was talking in interviews, you name it, I was good. Until you happened,” he chuckled softly,

All hints of happiness left her face and apprehension replaced it. Still determined to say what he needed, Jungkook went on.

“You came in and it was like I was back to square one. The sweaty palms, stuttering whenever I would talk to you. You’d walk by and my heart would pound so hard I’d get lightheaded, you’d look at me or talk to me and I felt like I could fly. You never treated me like a little kid or someone five years younger like a lot of people do. I was then faced with the realization that while I could be around Bo Young with no issues and talk to other women, you…with you I was a mess. Everyone thinks of me as this guy who is good at everything, the golden maknae, but I could barely talk to the one woman who made me feel so alive,” he grinned, “I’m not so good at everything apparently.”

Pure shock was written all over her face and Jungkook slid closer to her on the couch and her eyes widened and she looked away nervously.

“My calling out your name while making out with Aria was no mistake, it was my longing, wishing that it was you I was with and not her,” he finally confessed, his heart pounding harder still.

“W-whoa Jungkook, just…whoa,” Aria said, bolting up suddenly and moved out to the center of the room. “Just hold on a minute, think about what you’re saying here.”

“I know exactly what I’m saying, all I’ve done is think about it.”

She shook her head, “No, this…what you’re feeling is just…” she shook her head again, trying to find the right words. “You just got out of a relationship and you’re trying to make sense of it…”

“I’ve made sense of it Aria, I know why it happened. I know what I want and for the first time I’m not trying to stop myself from wanting it, because like Yoongi hyung said, me denying it will only hurt more people. I have to be honest with myself and just admit what I want.”

She hesitantly looked over at him.

“I want you,” he said simply, and it felt as if a weight had been lifted.

Aria shook her head, “N-no Jungkook, no.”

“I don’t know if it will even work, but don’t we owe it to ourselves to try?”

“No, no we don’t. What are you even saying? We’re friends Jungkook, friends. I know your members, your ex was my friend…what would people say?”

He shrugged, “I don’t care.”

“Well I do, how will it look if I show up with you after you broke up with her? I’ll be the homewrecker here,” Aria cried.

“It doesn’t matter, we’ll be together and that’s all that counts,” he said, he didn’t know why it seemed so easy to him, but it just did.

What she was saying made sense, it made perfect sense, but he didn’t care. All he knew was that he wanted to be with her, he had to try. Nothing that felt so good, just the idea of it, could be so bad, he wouldn’t let it be.

Aria stared at him, flabbergasted, “JK, just think about this ok? You don’t like me, it’s just because I don’t treat you like everyone else. I’m from another culture, I don’t fit in…I don’t…I’m not…”

“Do you like me Aria?” He asked suddenly, he couldn’t help himself, he had to ask.

She stopped, “What?”

“Do you like me?”

“Of course I do, you’re my friend.”

Jungkook shook his head, “No, that’s not what I mean. Do you like me? Like me the way I like you?”

“No.”

That hurt and he would’ve accepted it if he hadn’t seen it again, that hint of nervousness before her eyes darted away, the look he’d seen from her over and over within the last hour…she was lying. A strange calmness…peace settled over him. Now he would just have to put aside his nervousness and be the golden maknae he’d been known for.

“Are you sure?”

She looked back over at him again, “Of course I’m sure,” she said, her eyes darting away again.

He smiled and stood, slowly making his way towards her, “Really? Cause I don’t think you are.”

“What do you know?” She countered, backing up as he advanced on her.

“I know that you can’t look at me without being nervous.”

“Well what woman wouldn’t be when they have a handsome young man standing in front of her as if he wanted to pounce on her,” she blurted out, her eyes widening.

“Gotcha,” he grinned triumphantly.

“That’s not what I meant and you know it!”

“What did you mean then?” Jungkook said quietly as he took another step towards her and then another, backing her up against the wall.

“I just meant any woman would be…be…flustered around a guy like you.”

“A guy like me huh?”

“That’s right.”

“A young guy.”

“Right.”

“A young guy you want.”

“Right!” Her eyes widened.

“Ahhh.”

“Jungkook stop it!”

He leaned in, bracing his hands on the wall on either side of her head, caging her in, “It’s so much easier if you don’t fight it jagi,” he said softly, the term of affection slipping off his tongue like honey in a way it couldn’t before.

She shook her head, “N-no…” she said softly.

“Why?”

“I-I can’t like you.”

“Why?” He asked again.

“It…it wouldn’t be right. You’re so young and I’m…five years older, I should be going for someone my own age.”

“It’s just a number.”

“No it’s not, this is wrong. I can’t do this, I can’t let you make me feel this way any longer, I can’t.”

“What way?”

“Anxious, excited! Do you know how hard I’ve fought this exact thing? I’d go to the dance studio with Bo Young, hoping to see you, to get the chance to talk to you. I couldn’t stop thinking about you, I couldn’t stop being jealous of you two, wanting to be where she was.”

His heart stopped as he stared intently at her.

“I did that stupid online dating thing, hoping I’d meet someone who’d be half as amazing as you and then what happens? You’re waiting for me when I get back, how was I supposed to give him a chance when you treated me better in those five minutes when I first saw you than he did the whole damn date?!”

“Aria,” he said sympathetically.

“Don’t you look at me like that, like you pity me. I’ve done this for months now, I can keep it up, we’ll just act like this never happened.”

Jungkook shook his head, “I can’t,” he said painfully. “Being without you, not having you near me, not being able to see you…it hurts, it literally hurts. Now looking at you, I can see it’s the same for you. Just like you can take that pain away for me, I can do that for you, if you’d let me, I can take that hurt away, make you feel good, you just have to let me,” he whispered, leaning in close, brushing his lips against her cheek.

She flinched, her eyes widening, bringing her hands up to push at his shoulders, “J-Jungkook…”

He pulled away a bit, looking into her eyes, his gaze never leaving hers as he took one of her hands, sliding it down so it covered his heart, so she could feel the rapid beating. He kept his hand over hers so she could feel how it shook.

“Oh Jungkook,” she sighed.

“You make me so nervous Aria, my heart is going come out my chest from being so close to you. I need to make you mine, tell me you want this as much as I do,” he said softly, resting his forehead against hers.

He felt her slump back against the wall and he waited, all the sound around him faded and he heard nothing but the beating of his heart and her shallow breaths.

“I do want it…I want you too Jungkook.”

Jungkook didn’t hesitate, didn’t wait a second longer as he pressed his lips to hers. He heard her startled moan and she pushed against his chest weakly for a moment before giving up and surrendering to the kiss finally. Slowly he pulled away and looked at her, her eyes found his and he saw worry and fear, but he also saw longing and trust. He gave her a gentle smile and after a moment, she returned his with one of her own as she let out a sigh of acquiescence.

“So, can I kiss you again?” He asked suddenly, he was practically jumping out of his skin to kiss her the way he wanted.

She blinked, “Uhh, yea…”

He didn’t let her finish her reply, as his lips covered hers again in a kiss, this one fierce, almost desperate as all the months of longing came pouring out. He wrapped his arms around her, pulling her body right up against his as he deepened the kiss even more. Jungkook felt her arms come around him, a bit hesitant at first and then suddenly it was as if she too could no longer hold back as her hold on him tightened and she held him as if he were her life line.

She pulled him back as she rested against the wall with a thud and still, the kiss went on. His slid his hands over her body, bunching her shirt up in his hands as he fought for control. He tore his lips from hers, both panting.

“Y-you have no idea…how long I’ve wanted to do that, oh my god,” he moaned.

There was silence before she burst out into laughter, Jungkook pulled away to look at her, his eyes wide. She was smiled broadly, her face bright with happiness.

Aria bit her lip and grinned, “Me too.”

He blinked and started laughing too, pulling her back into his arms and covering her lips once again in a sweet kiss.