Meet me at the Sunrise

Meet me at the Sunrise

He was used to being awake at sunrise. Not because he was an early riser, god no, instead it had become the norm as he caught up in his music. Once he started working on some project he couldn’t stop tweaking it until it was exactly how he wanted it. So most nights, sunrise had actually turned into his sign that it was time to go to bed. It’s not like he was looking at the clock while he was busy writing or producing what might be the next hit.

But what he wasn’t used to was feeling so lonely. He had grown so much since his depression, had become so much happier, why was this melancholy back now?

Shaking his head, he decides to get some coffee, he has a meeting at 9, it’s 5 now, what’s the use in actually going to sleep? Might as well get some more work done.

IN the kitchen, he catches himself staring out of the window, the sun colouring the city, the windows and skyscrapers glittering beautifully. A smile spreads across his face, this is why staying up all night isn’t so bad after all. The view of a city waking up, the sun rising slowly over the mountains.

He suddenly feels the need to go out, get some fresh air, take a walk through the cool morning air. So as the coffee machine blubbers in the background he decides to text Hoseok.

 

Suga: U up?

Hobi: , barely. Did u get any sleep at all?

Suga: have u met me?

Hobi: okok

Hobi: whatsup?

Suga: wanna go for a walk? I’ll bring coffee, u bring breakfast and smiles

Hobi: I guess I can skip one dance practise, right? I’ll be over in 15 mins :)

 

He quickly washes Hobi’s favourite thermos, as well as his own, filling them with freshly brewed coffee as his phone plings again.

 

Hobi: Also pls stop texting me “U up”

Hobi: It’s weird to receive that text from my best friend

 

He laughs, the sound breaking the peaceful silence in his apartment.

 

Suga: see u at the usual spot in 15

Hobi: <3



A few minutes later he has everything ready. The two thermos’ fit perfectly into the pockets of his favourite, huge jacket, so no need for a bag. He checks his phone, only to find a text from hobi “almost there”. Smiling, he decides to take a small bluetooth speaker as well. Music is always nice.

He heads out, slowly making his way up the path to his and Hobi’s usual sunrise-watching spot. He must’ve been walking extra slowly, when he gets close to “their” spot he sees Hoseok practicing his dancing by himself. His figure lit up by the sun, his eyes closed and his brows furrowed in concentration, he moves along to whichever music is on his headphones.

„I guess you couldn‘t quite get yourself to skip practise, huh?“, Yoongi says, standing in front of Hoseok, his voice raspy with exhaustion.

„Huh?“ the dancer opens his eyes, only to grasp his chest in surprise.

Taking off his headphones he says : „Ah, Yoongi, you scared me! You were so slow I thought I would keep myself warm by going through the movements a little.“

„Aah, well I‘m here now and I brought something to keep you warm.“ Yoongi answers, handing Hobi the Thermos with the Sunflower print.

Hoseok shooting him a dimpled smile, the two sit down on the rocks, sharing breakfast in silence for while, just watching the sun and the city, comfortably quiet next to each other.

As they both warm up with the help of coffee and almost still warm fresh pastries Hobi picked up on the way over, they start talking about this and that. The upcoming tour, the music Suga has been working on, Jungkook‘s latest shenanigans and some new restaurant Yoongi wants to try out.

 

„Oh, I have been looking into more different music and artists that ARMYs recommended to us, and I found a song I quite like. It actually fits perfectly right now. It‘s called „Sunrise“. Let me just find it on my phone.“ Hoseok says with a smile, picking up his phone and already scrolling through his music library.

„I actually brought a speaker to put on music but I forgot.“ Yoongi turns on the speaker and soon the song Hobi was recommending starts somewhat quietly sounding across the are they are sitting at.

 

*wake me up

my eyes are heavy

and I need some sun*

 

Yoongi can‘t help but smile, the easy house music do perfectly conveying the feeling of a summer sunrise. He leans back, his weight resting on his forearms, and stretches his neck, closing his eyes against the sun for a bit.

Beside him, he feels Hoseok doing the same, their shoulders grazing against each other as they adjust their posture to rest more comfortably.

A few songs of silence between the two men later, Yoongi drags open his eyes, the light hitting him a bit harsher than expected. Checking the time, he almost jumps up. Only half an hour left until the meeting. They‘ve been up here for over two hours. His movements stirring Hoseok up, the dancer half asleep, stretching like a cat.

„We have a meeting in half an hour, we really have to go now. Come on!“

Immediately, the other is awake, jumping up and quickly collecting their trash and belongings, packing everything up with Yoongi‘s help.

They make their way down the mountain somewhat hurriedly, stopping at Yoongi‘s place to quickly refill their coffees before they head downtown to meet the other members.