never

Never say Never
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[BREAKING] Lesbian Billionaires Kang Seulgi and Bae Joohyun announce engagement.

Earlier this afternoon, daughter of Kang Conglomerates, Kang Seulgi with a net worth of 32 Billion dollars, and Bae Enterprises, Bae Joohyun with a net worth of 33.2 Billion dollars, announces that they are engaged. Once married, their combined net worth will exceed 60 Billion dollars making them the richest couple alive!

 

“Congratulation on your engagement!”

“Congratulation Seulgi.”

"Congratulation Irene.”

Smiles and congratulatory greetings echo throughout the ballroom of Ritz-Carlton as Seulgi and Irene make their round around the room with one hand holding a glass of 2003 Lafite-Rothschild Bordeaux Blend and the other linked together like the clasp of a necklace. Easily hooked on but also easily removed.

 

"Smile for the cameras, babe. We are the stars of tonight's show." Seulgi throws the girl next to her a smirk knowing full well what that statement would elicit.

 

And just as she expected, Irene turns toward her with her eyebrows furrowed deep in annoyance and twitched in irritation.

 

Seulgi grins tauntingly and that only doubles Irene's annoyance for the situation that she's stuck in but more so with the girl she is stuck with.

 

Seulgi's grin turns into a guffaw as she laughs out loud in joy. "Babe, I'm glad you didn't want to be an actress because if that's how you look at your fiancé, you would never make it in that industry." Seulgi pauses a little before continuing. "Though, with that pretty face of yours, I wouldn't mind watching."

 

The tension between the couple is obvious to Irene but to others, they just look like a couple in love. Irene staring lovingly into Seulgi's eyes and Seulgi laughing like Irene just told her the funniest joke.

 

Irene's patience is wearing thin and it hasn't even been that long since they arrived at this party. She attempts to unlink their arms and smack Kang Seulgi in the head but Seulgi's reflex is much faster than she expected.

 

Seulgi catches her hand halfway and weaves her fingers between Irene's. She holds it firmly, leaving no room for Irene to pull away as the couple approaches their next guest.

 

"Good evening chairman Kim. How are you this fine evening." Seulgi greets their guest naturally as she glances over to flash Irene a smirk.

 

The scowl on Irene's face was quickly replaced with a warm smile as she bows to her distant uncle. "Good evening uncle."

 

"My my, how you have grown Joohyun." chairman Kim gives Joohyun a pat on the back before turning to Seulgi to give her a firm handshake. "Now tell me Seulgi, how did you manage to court my stubborn niece here."

 

Seulgi chuckles at the question. "Well, Joohyun had captured my attention the first time I saw her." She turns to face the woman next to her as if the next few words and meant just for her ears. "And I knew there and then that she is the one for me."

 

Irene wanted to barf at the cheesy line but not in front of her uncle and not in front of all these potential business partners and investors.

The show must go on.

 

She sighs internally as recalls how the heck she did get herself trapped in this situation.

--

Two months ago.

 

"Cheers!"

"Welcome back Irene."

"How was Toronto?"

 

"I miss you all so much!" Irene smiles at the gathering of her cousins as they welcome her back to Korea, her home, after two years of studying abroad in the foreign land of Canada.

 

Oh, how she misses them and Kimchi and Teokbokki and Seollongtang. waters at just the thought of the delicacy of Korean cuisines. But of course, she misses her family most.

 

"So, did you find any cute girls to your liking there?" Kim Yeri, the youngest of the Kims, leans closer and wiggles her eyebrows as she asks.

 

"Yeri! I was there to study! Not flirt." Irene pushes her cousin away with a soft giggle.

 

"The Bae Irene I know is known to be an expert at multi-tasking." Yeri springs right back and continues to question, hoping to get to juicy gossip from her bratty cousin.

 

"Well, there was this..." Just as Irene was about to spill a sudden loud pop can be heard from 2 tables down followed by loud cheers that got Irene jumping a little from her seat. "What was that?" She glances over as if she can see the commotion.

 

"That's probably Kang Seulgi and her friends." Kim Jisoo also glances at the direction of the noise. "They are frequents here at House of Key." She leans in closer as if she’s whispering some top secret. “I heard that Seulgi opened this place the day she became an adult.”

 

"Are they always this rowdy?" Irene raises her voice in question. They usually meet at Nobel lounge, one of the most exclusive lounges in Gangnam; but her cousins decided to take her to House of Key since it is one of the hottest clubs in town nowadays.

 

Her cousins just nodded at her question. "I guess you and Kang Seulgi never got the chance to meet since you both went to study abroad one after the other." Kim Youngsun chimed in. "She's kind of infamous in the Chaebol circle. The girl is quite charming and with her look and status, she has people just throwing themselves at her." Youngsun leans in closer as if she is telling some grave secret. "Of course, the public never got wind of it because the Kangs shut down all the media that ever written about her affairs."

 

"Is the manager not going to stop them?" Irene questions again when another loud pop from a champagne bottle amplified and the chanting of “Kang-Seul-gi. Kang-Seul-gi” echoes across the lounge.

 

Her cousins just shrug off the question, too used to the many antics of Kang Seulgi to care.

 

Seeing that her cousins are too lazy to care, Irene takes it upon herself to stop this parade and maybe see who this Kang Seulgi really is.

 

She stood up and marches toward the direction of the noise.

 

"Rene-" Yeri wanted to pull her back down but it was too late. All she could do is heave a sigh and wait.

--

Irene draws the curtain and steps into the space where Kang Seulgi and her friends occupy. Her feet step on the ground covered in spilled drinks and erupted champagne that probably costed the average person more than a week's worth of salary.

 

“Can you tone-” before Irene can even finish her sentence, a bottle of champagne had erupted and the content was aimed right at her. Next thing Irene knew, she was drenched in the alcoholic beverage.

 

But no one paid Irene or the accident any attention. The group just continues to chat loudly as they pour themselves drinks with the newly opened bottle.

No one except for the person she's here for.

 

“Sorry. Sorry. They’re kind of drunk.” Seulgi chuckles after her explanation seeing how silly her friends are being. But Irene is not laughing with her. Not even a smile cracked through her lips and that’s when Seulgi noted how wet Irene’s shirt had gotten. “Oh Shoot! Sorry about that. I got spares clothes in the back if you want to change into it.”

 

“Show me” Irene shrugs in annoyance. She wanted to refuse but the feeling of alcohol seeping through her shirt and sticking to her skin renders her unable to do so. She hated to succumb but she hates the smell of liquor on fabric even more.

--

“Hello-?” Seulgi’s voice cracks through the morning hoarse.

“Kang Seulgi! Get your home immediately!”

Seulgi had picked up without looking at the ID but she recognizes that voice anywhere. She pulls her phone away as the voice continues to yell. Father. The caller ID reads.

Her father didn’t even give her a chance to refuse before hanging up on her. Not that she could refuse even if she wanted to.

"Sure Pop." Seulgi hangs up and rolls around in bed for another 30 minutes before making her way to the washroom to freshen up.

2 hours passed before Seulgi arrives at the doorstep of the Kangs' main house. A giant mansion that housed more employees than family. A prop used to show off status and power more than home.

She looks at the house with indifference before lifting up in a makeshift smile. One that she had perfected over the years.

"What's up pop!" She lifts her hand up in a brief greeting. "Why the frown?"

 

"Kang Seulgi. I have turned a blind eye to your antic over the years." Her father's voice echoes through the empty house in menace. "Cleaning up your mess and covering up your affairs. But-But-this...This is the last straw!" He threw an 8x11 envelop at her as he enunciates his last words.

 

"With all the people you can play with. Bae Irene? Really?" He makes his way toward her, closing the gaps between them. "This is not something I can cover up!"

 

Bae Irene? Bae Enterprises’ heiress?

Seulgi knits her brows in confusion. She unwinds the strings on the envelope and takes out the pictures that were secretly taken of her and another girl.

 

That's the girl from the bar yesterday.

 

So, she's the Bae heiress. Hah. No wonder she has an air of unyielding attitude around her.

 

Seulgi scans the pictures and noted how the photographer had skillfully captured them as if they were having an affair.

It definitely didn't help that Irene had entered with one shirt and left with another.

 

Seulgi threw the envelope on the table and nonchalantly sat down. "So what?" She shrugs off the matter, too lazy to explain. So what if they skewed the scandals of her and Bae Irene. The whole thing will blow over in a few weeks anyway.

 

"Seulgi!" Her father roars in anger with her attitude. "With the acquisition underway, we cannot afford a scandal of this caliber!"

 

"Well..what do you want me to do about it?" Seulgi stifles a yawn from the interrupted sleep.

 

"I've already discussed with Chairman Bae." She can hear her father sighs in defeat before dropping the bomb on her. "We will announce yours and Irene's engagement today. This way, the news will be obsolete."

 

"What!?" Now that got Seulgi's full attention. Why does she have to bear the consequence for something that's not even true?

 

Mr. Kang further explains when he senses her reluctance. "It will only for 9 months at most. Until we settle the acquisition and until the Baes finalizes their collaboration with the Jungs. We can cancel the engagement afterward."

 

"In the meantime, I want you to be on your best behavior! Anymore playing around and I will really cut you off this time!" Her father threatens. His eyes bore into her with seriousness but also a little pleading in them.

 

"Don't worry. I'll do my part as long as she does hers." Seulgi gets up and dusts herself off as if being in this house had tainted her.

 

Bae Irene. Seulgi smirks as she remembers that defiance look that she had on yesterday. This is going to be fun.

--

Present

"Kkangseul!"

"Way to go!"

"Congrats Seul!"

 

Everyone is high-fiving Seulgi as she walks down the hallway of their university. Eyes probing curiously to catch any new gossip of the infamous player and her new tied down relationship.

 

Especially with the start of a new semester and Bae Irene returning from her education abroad, everyone is dying to see how the new couple would interact in school.

 

"Kkangseul!" A loud voice echoes down the hallway causing everyone to turn toward the source.

 

Seulgi knew exactly who that is without even looking. She turns to face the intruder with her signature smirk.

 

"Sup Joy." Seulgi waves freely, not caring for the attention of their peers.

 

"You !" Joy stomps her way toward Seulgi. "That's for ignoring my calls." She punches Seulgi in the arm. "And that's..." She threw a second punch at Seulgi. "For not telling me about your engagement!"

 

Seulgi laughs at Joy's antic. "Sorry sorry. Been busy with the press and all. You know how it is. They all want an interview with the richest lesbian couple." She chuckles at the headlines that have been published. Overly exaggerated but definitely catches people's attention.

 

"So?" Joy probes for an explanation. Something new that she hasn't already read in the papers. As far as she knows, Seulgi and Irene have never had much interaction before.

 

"Tell you later." Seulgi's line of vision bypass Joy toward the end of the hallway. She pushes the girl aside. "I have a fiancée to greet." Her smirk returns with even more arrogance and playfulness than before.

 

Sure enough, when Joy turns around, Bae Irene and her two friends were making their way toward the door

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter