Astral Archives

The Chains of Lilith

Cloud palace - Astral archives

 

'It was believed that thousands of years ago a demon beast, the most evil and vicious of her kind roamed the lands. She goes by the name Lilith and has destroyed thousands of families by killing mothers and infants alike.

She continued her slaughter of the human kind for a hundred thousand years until God decided that he had enough of Lilith's wrongdoings and blessed thirteen courageous men with strength and special powers to trap the said beast in an enchanted chain. 

The thirteen men fought Lilith with all their might and strength coming out as the winners of the bloody battle. They have successfully trapped the demon beast by shattering her soul into thirteen pieces placing each of them inside 13 magical gem stones which were attached to the chain. 

Peace was restored all over the land, but winning the fight came with a price. Thirteen might be their number in the beginning but only three were left to tell the tale.

The three survivors, with weakened physiques and heavy hearts from the loss of their loved one's and comrades vowed to make sure that Lilith will never walk the land ever again and planned to destroy the stones on the chain.

They spent 10 days and nights finding ways on how to destroy Lilith completely. But even with her soul shattered, the demon was too hard and powerful to eradicate.

Out of desperation, the three decided to exhaust every power that they have and hit the stones with all they have. 

But alas, not even one had a scratch. After expelling too much power and energy the three lied limply on the dusty ground waiting for life to finally drain out of their bodies. As they were heaving their last breaths a bright light descended upon them. They smiled and nodded as if the light was talking to them.

And as the light disappeared so was their lives.'

 

Jeonghan hummed as he closed the book. It was an old dusty book with yellow pages and covered in leather. It didn't even have a name. But for some strange reason Jeonghan remembered it so well. 

He was 14 when he found that book. The young Jeonghan was looking for a scripture that will explain to him thoroughly the differences between Cloud Denizens like him to the Middle Grounders and Nether Dwellers.

"Are you seriously reading that book again?" Jisoo, Jeonghan's dearest friend walks up to him gracefully. His pinkish blonde hair bouncing with radiance gave him a softer and sweeter glow though it dimmed a little because of the knowledge that his best friend is reading the same sad story again.

"It's a good book Jisoo, you can't blame me" Jeonghan only chuckled as the frown displayed on his best friends face becomes more evident.

"I will never understand why you take pleasures in reading such sad stories when there are thousands of other books all with happy endings." Jisoo commented, frown still visible in his delicate features.

"But anyways I came here to drag you out of this place, Seungkwan is about to turn the whole Astral realm upside down and shake it if he still doesn't see you." Jeonghan only nodded and looked directly at his best friend as if expecting him to say more. He was twirling his long silver locks with a tinge of lavender waiting for Jisoo to spat it out.

"Alright! So other than Seungkwan needing help for his flower crown, I also need your opinion about my hair" Jisoo finally gave in sassily, even rolling his eyes as he speak. 

"As I guess so" Jeonghan replied in a sing sang tune as he placed the old book back to it's shelf.

 

"Seungkwan trust me, I am your brother. Those yellow roses look good on you." Jeonghan has both of his hands on his hips as he struggles to convince his younger brother that he looked best with the flower crown of yellow roses.

"I trust you hyung, I just want to make sure that I look perfect during the blood moon festival." The younger responded with guilt laced in his voice.

"I know brother, I understand. And as I can see, you look perfect right now." Jeonghan sweetly smiled and patted Seungkwan's back to make sure that his point goes through. His brother did looked amazing, with his flower crown of yellow roses matched the golden embroidery on his suit while the his bluish silver hair softly contrast it all. Not to mention that his red chubby cheeks are a bit redder than usual made him look adorable beyond words.

"Yes Seungkwan, you look amazing." Jisoo also supplied with a sweet smile.

"But I still look awful and I need both of your help here. We only have about an hour before the carriages arrive and I can't afford to look tragic." Too much fuss from the eldest son of the noble house of Hong.

 

Cloud Palace - in front of the heavenly Yoon manor

 

"Wow Jisoo hyung you look amazing!" Seokmin the youngest son from the noble house of Lee boldly stated as he stared at Jisoo.

"Seokmin close your mouth will you? I do not want to see your insides glowing from swallowing a firebug just because you gaped to hard." Jihoon the eldest son of the noble house of Lee snickered as his brother choked through the air. The Lee's both sharing the same golden locks looked absolutely stunning with a eucalyptus crown added with small colorful flowers at the top of their heads. They were both wearing white from head to toe just like any Cloud denizen but just by looking at them you will feel the regal flowing from their auras.

"Shall we get going then? I really do not want to miss the warriors play this year." Jisoo suddenly said to divert the attention away from him and Seokmin.

"Oh really? The warriors play? Not the promise dance?" Jeonghan playfully asked while Jisoo glared at him.

"Oh this will be a very eventful night!" Seungkwan exclaimed as he jumped inside the carriage.

 

Little did they knew that it indeed will be a very eventful night the whole of humanity.