002

π‘·π’Šπ’†π’„π’†π’”

정진솔 [ Jung Jin Soul ]

A day like any other, dark skies and cold winds blow along every empty street. A world within a never ending shadow, no color, no brightness, no one to hold on to. A tall blond girl walks along the middle of an empty street, old sheets of paper are slowly moved from one side to the other by the wind as her eyes stay forward. It wasn't unusual for her to be alone, after all, in her world who wasn't? Every person looking out for themselves only therefore never trusting anyone was their number one priority. Yet there was always an exception.

A low thud behind her makes her stop walking for a second or two before gripping her fingers around the string of her backpack as she could feel her survival instinct kick in, after the little pause as she was about to start walking once more a glimpse of lightning like light struck the sky showing off a burgundy pinkish green mix of colors never before seen. Her eyes stick to the quickly fading reminisce of color amazed as it sure was the first time ever she saw any, for her and every one in her world everything was black and white, at most a scale of gray. Taking the moment of distraction as the girl stared at one of the tall buildings barely a few meters away from her where the lightning hit the tallest rooftop, a quick and sharp knife goes through the side of her ear cutting a string of her hair gracing the edge of her ear shell, the knife strucks over a wall in front of her making an almost gunshot loud sound as the emptiness of the city created an echoing effect.

-- "what was that?" A small voice asks as the loud sound startles her making the two girls that came with her stand one of her back covering her and the other in front of her shielding her from whatever it could be "i don't know but don't move" the tallest girl says as her eyes land down over two figures in the ground, one of them running towards the other that simply stays still looking up at her, their eyes meet for a split second before the blond girl bent her knee at an inhuman speed catching the owner of the knife that claimed drops of her blood by surprise before digging her own all the way inside his chest in one quick sharp and smooth move.

The blond tugs on her knife pulling it out of the guy's chest with a disgusted expression on her face, she turns her body to the side to catch the wincing man that covers the wound with one of his hands as blood keeps gushing out through his fingers and the other hand stretches trying to reach out for the hem of her skirt, the tall girl simply raises a brow leaning the sharp edge down to clean the blood of the blade using the boy's shirt before saving it back on the side of her backpack walking away from the dying man as if it was nothing.

As she walks away her left hand goes up to her eye rubbing it slowly with the back of it feeling a strange itch, she could feel as if her eye was burning, something she surely had never before felt. As she walked away her eyes glanced up only to find the strange girl still stare back at her as if she was expecting something.

Out of instinct she wanted to climb the building and see for herself who or what they were, as they dressed in a way she had never seen before, yet the sirens going off all over the city ripped her eyes away from the girl above before the blond started to run, her pace was faster than normal as it took her seconds to leave the building behind yet the look in the strange girl stood sunk deep in the back of her head.

김정은 [ Kim Jung Eun ]

A wounded blond girl stands on the edge of a window by the tallest room of what it seemed like an abandoned building, her figure was visible through the shattered glass as her hand rested on the side of her stomach, an old cloth with a growing spot of blood hiding behind her palm as she sighs closing her eyes for a few seconds.

She had lost sight of her partner, the sounds in the wind had mixed up her voice and her scent was no longer near. A part of her wasn't worried, as Jinsoul was one if not the best fighter she had ever known, yet something felt off that day, something she couldn't pinpoint just yet.

As a loud thud like thunder in heard not far from where she was her eyes open catching a colorful paint the dark skies above her, her eyes flow along with the wave as they meet with a pair of honey brown eyes riding along the colorful wave, the eye contact last mere seconds yet it was long enough for the girl to remember those eyes, that yearning expression in them.

The lightning fades away in the top of a building in the direction Jinsoul was supposed to come in from, the worry in her grows in an instant as the strange event her eyes had just witnessed was something never before seen, therefore they had no way of knowing how bad it could be. The little blond girl bends over despite the pain to pick up her backpack not willing to sit back and wait while her partner could be in danger, as she hangs the string around her left arm a little sharp pain her head making her left hand go up to hold against her eye, it was a pain she had never felt before and it seemed like her eye would pop out, that, mixed with her wound made her fall back unable to move.

After a few seconds or so it felt for her the sirens of the city go off making her reach out one of her hands to the window edge not even noticing how her hand gets cut with one of the little shattered edges of glass as she uses the frame to stand back up.

The sirens were the sign of imminent danger, it was the time everyone outside would ruthlessly kill anyone in sight to steal whatever they carried. It was a time being wounded was almost a death sentence yet her worry for Jinsoul made her take a deep breath as she held onto her backpack string with her free hand Β ready to go out there before hearing the familiar voice coming up behind her "don't even think about it" Jinsoul said making the girl's arms fall down as she let out a heavy sigh "you are here" she manages to whisper before her body faints back only to be catched by the tall blond in time not to hit the hard ground.

Her eyes land on jungeun using her free hand to caress her cheek softly as a faint smile cover her lips before picking her up getting the weakened girl to the bed. After settling her down Jinsoul grabs her bag taking out clean cloths along with what she needed to clean and stitch up the wound, using the fainting as her chance to do so freely without hearing her girlfriend's pain "you'll be okay" she whispers softly.


Β