Final

Our Time In Spring

Spring is finally here, the favourite season of Daeyeol. He has always enjoyed this season for some reasons. Moreover, cherry blossom has always been his favourite. He has a bucket list which he keeps secret from everyone. Not even his closest friend knows about it.

One of the task of his bucket list is to watch the cherry blossom with someone he loves.

The oppurtunity is finally here for him. He had been collecting informations about the best places around for it. He finally found one he liked the most. Even though it was a bit far away from where he lives but Daeyeol didn't mind the distance. The view and the environment are the only things that mattered to him.

The cherry blossoms have bloomed perfectly recently- Daeyeol got this piece of information from one of his friends, Joochan, who lives near the park. Daeyeol prepared himself mentally. He's ready to ask out his boyfriend for this date.

Daeyeol was getting out from his university building, he decided to meet his boyfriend by going to his department. They weren't in the same department but somehow they were able to meet, thanks to their friends.

"Oh?" Daeyeol noticed a very familiar figure, leaning on one of the pillars near the building's entrance. He ran near the person, who didn't seem to notice his presence yet. "Sungyoonie?" He called, standing right beside him.

Sungyoon finally looked at Daeyeol, "You're here," he flashed a smile, which somehow didn't fail to make the taller one's heart race faster.

"I was about to go to your department," both of them started to walk as Daeyeol spoke.

"My classes somehow ended early today," Sungyoon said then looked at Daeyeol, "That's why I decided to come here."

Daeyeol nodded, showing a smile. He remembered about the date he had planned, "By the way."

"Hmm?" Sungyoon hummed and waited for Daeyeol to continue.

"Are you free this weekend?"

"This weekend?" Sungyoon recalled his schedule. "Yeah, I don't have any other plans this weekend."

Daeyeol sighed in relief silently. "Then-"

"Do you wanna go on a date?" Sungyoon asked, not letting the latter complete his sentence.

Daeyeol nodded. Sungyoon noticed Daeyeol's cheeks turning light pink. A mischievous smile appeared on his face as he did so. "It's so cute how you still blush while asking me out," he teased.

"I'm not blushing," Daeyeol covered his cheeks, even though he could feel the heat himself too.

Sungyoon laughed, "Alright. Where are we going?" He guessed that Daeyeol had planned something already since he was the one to ask him out.

"It's just in a park," Daeyeol said, making sure he kept the cherry blossom part secret. He didn't plan to keep it a secret from him before, it was quick decision to make it a surprise. He was quite sure Sungyoon would be fascinated to see the cherry blossom too.

Sungyoon wanted to ask if it was just visiting a park or they will do something else too but he stopped. He agreed with it with just a simple nod.

"I will pick you up, okay?" Daeyeol looked at Sungyoon.

"Okay."

They were walking side by side, not saying anything to each other. When they just started to go out, they would feel awkward everytime silence fell. But then, this silence got comfortable for them as days passed by and they started to understand each other.

Sungyoon took out his phone suddenly when he felt a vibration coming from his pocket. He stopped abruptly while looking at his phone's screen. Daeyeol stopped beside him too.

Sungyoon sighed, "I forgot my notebook in class, someone messaged me," he looked at Daeyeol, "You can go home. I have to go to the class again."

Daeyeol shook his head, "It's okay. Go get it, I will wait here."

"Really? Okay, I will be fast then," with that Sungyoon ran from the place.

"No need to hurry, go carefully," Daeyeol shouted with a smile as Sungyoon already passed some distance.

"Hyung? You still haven't gone home yet?" Daeyeol turned around as a heard a voice. It was someone whom he expected, Lee Jangjun, Sungyoon's friend. Daeyeol sometimes couldn't understand how can Sungyoon have such a loud and nosy friend.

"Just waiting for someone," Daeyeol replied with a faint smile.

"I talked with Joochan yesterday," Jangjun came closer, "You are going to see the cherry blossom this weekend?"

"Damn I forgot to tell Joochan to keep it a secret," Daeyeol immediately thought in his mind. "Y-yeah," Daeyeol said, as much he wanted to keep it a secret there were no ways anymore.

"He called us to visit him too this weekend."

"Ah, really?" Daeyeol tried not to sound annoyed. Joochan used to live near Daeyeol's house long ago. As neighbours, they became friends. If he hung out with his university friends, he'd call Joochan to join them  That's how Jangjun knew him too. Few years ago, Joochan moved from the neighbourhood with his family and went into a different area. They'd often visit each other during the vacation or weekend. But Daeyeol didn't understand why Joochan had to call everyone this weekend. And again, he slightly blamed himself for not telling Joochan he was bringing Sungyoon and it was a date. Since he asked Sungyoon out already he didn't want to change the date either.

"Keep it a secret from Sungyoon that we're going to see the cherry blossom," Daeyeol said while making sure Sungyoon wasn't near to hear him.

Jangjun smiled cheekily for a very short moment. "I get it, I won't tell him," Jangjun assured him. "I'll go now."

Daeyeol nodded as Jangjun skipped happily like usual and left the place. He turned around to see if Sungyoon was back already or not. And he was right, he saw Sungyoon running towards him while holding a notebook with his hand. He stood beside Daeyeol, "Let's go now," he said in between his pantings.

Daeyeol instanly smiled seeing him. "Yeah, let's go."

 

🌿🌸🌿

 

Daeyeol scrunched his nose as he saw the scene around him. He was currently sitting in Joochan's backyard with everyone else. Yes, his university friends were there too. He cursed at Jangjun for not understanding that it was an arranged date for himself and Sungyoon. 

Everyone was being noisy as usual. Sungyoon glaced at his boyfriend and noticed a sigh escaping from his mouth. "What happened?" he asked.

"Nothing," Daeyeol looked away. He was wondering why Sungyoon isn't asking about the date he talked about. Even after seeing his friends there, Sungyoon asked nothing.

Daeyeol's phone buzzed suddenly. He took it out from his pocket and looked at it, the call was from Joochan. He's calling me even though we're both at the same place? Daeyeol narrowed his eyes and picked it up.

"Ahh..hyung," Joochan hesitately started, "By any chance, did you ask for the cherry blossom information to bring Sungyoon hyung?"

Daeyeol glanced at Sungyoon by the mention of his name, he didn't seem to concentrate in their conversation. "Well, yeah," he replied. 

"You should've told me that then," Joochan said again, "Anyways, I will call everyone to have snacks. So, you take that chance and escape this place without being followed by anyone."

A smile finally rose on Daeyeol's face, "Got it!"

"Who was it?" Sungyoon asked as he saw Daeyeol hanging up the phone.

Daeyeol didn't say anything. Instead, he stood up and indicated Sungyoon to stand up too. "Where are we going?" Sungyoon asked again.

"To our date," Daeyeol whispered in Sungyoon's ears, making the latter smile. Daeyeol looked around and saw the others busy playing some games. He took the chance. Grabbing Sungyoon's hand, he walked fast to get out of the place.

Daeyeol's smile grew wider as they could escape the place without being noticed by anyone. "Finally," he mumbled, still not letting go of Sungyoon's hand.

"Are we going to the park now?" Sungyoon asked as he let Daeyeol drag him around.

"Yes!" Daeyeol replied. Sungyoon smiled and stopped abruptly. "Wait, wait," he made Daeyeol look at him.

"What?" Daeyeol tilted his head in confusion.

"I want a piggyback ride!" Without wasting a single second, Sungyoon hopped on Daeyeol's back after freeing his hands from him.

Daeyeol was surprised at the sudden action but he didn't mind. Securing Sungyoon in his back, he started to walk. Sungyoon's smile never dissappeared as he rested his face on Daeyeol's shoulder. 

The passersby did make sure to glace at them weirdly. Daeyeol didn't seem to mind that, neither did Sungyoon. Daeyeol remembered the exact location of the park, he made sure to go in the right way.

Just as Joochan said, the park wasn't actually far. Both of them reached soon. Beside the park, there was a huge field of grasses. Sungyoon observed the place, still staying on Daeyeol's back. His eyes caught attention of a pink scenery suddenly.  He got off from Daeyeol swiftly and ran towards the scene.

Daeyeol watched him running then stopping to look back at him, "Hurry, hurry," Sungyoon motioned with his hand to call him. 

Daeyeol paced faster and followed him. The scenery of cherry blossom came in his vision. He looked around and saw cherry blossom trees everywhere. 

"It's so beautiful," Sungyoon gaped at the scenery.

"You're more beautiful," Daeyeol whispered in Sungyoon's ears.

Sungyoon hit his arm playfully, "Don't be cheesy!"

Without waiting for Daeyeol, Sungoon ran near a tree and sat under it. Daeyeol followed his action. Sungyoon leaned on Daeyeol as soon he sat beside him. 

"It's really pretty," Sungyoon muttered, loud enough for Daeyeol to hear it.

Daeyeol nodded while grinning, "I've always wanted to watch this with you."

Sungyoon sat straight as he looked straight into Daeyeol's eyes, a smile appeared on his face, "And I've always wanted to kiss you under a cherry blossom tree."

Without letting a chance to make the words process in Daeyeol's brain, Sungyoon leaned and cupped his face while putting his lips on Daeyeol's. Daeyeol smiled through the kiss and softly kissed him back.

They stayed like that for a moment before they decided to watch the cherry blossom again. Daeyeol intertwined his hand with Sungyoon's. He couldn't help but notice everytime how Sungyoon's hand fit perfectly in his.

Sungyoon softly hummed a song as the breeze hit them. "Thanks for coming here with me," Daeyeol said after a while, not looking at Sungyoon.

"Thanks for bringing me here," Sungyoon said, making Daeyeol grin like a stupid. 

Four season comes and goes. Spring will also go by and appear next year again. But Daeyeol knew, whenever spring appears again, he will be holding hands with Sungyoon, leaning on each other and enjoy their every moment of staying together. 


A/n: Yay that was my first daeyoon fic! I'm not confident about my writing so I'm sorry if you don't like it ㅠㅠ

Comments are really appreciated! Criticism is welcomed too :D

Thanks for reading~ ♡♡