chapter i

Last Love

      “The first time you fall in love, it changes you forever and no matter how hard you try, that feeling just never goes away.” Nicholas Sparks

“That’s total bullshit.” Youngdo muttered as he read a page from the book The Notebook. “What did you say?” Youngdo heard Rachel ask from the other line. “Nothing my dear sister. Why did you call again?” He asked as he put down the book and leisurely walked around the bookstore.

He normally doesn’t like going to bookstores or anything related to books or studying but he forced himself to go in and try to look for a gift for his niece who is a complete bookworm. That’s to be expected if you have Yoo Rachel and Lee Yongshin as parents. The kid is already a genius yet she’s only 7 years old.

“Are you even listening to me?” Rachel asked with her signature displeased tone. Youngdo chuckled and said, “I am listening and no, I’m not going to the love birds wedding.” She has been asking him about attending Chan young and Bona’s wedding ever since they sent out the invitations. He doesn’t even know why she keeps pestering him about it when she knows the reason why he doesn’t want to come.

“She’s coming, you know. She just told Bona that she will come for sure.” He heard her say. When he didn’t say anything. “It’s been 12 years, brother. Haven’t you move on yet?” She finally asked.

I don’t know. Youngdo thought to himself.


Are you eating ramyeon again?” Eunsang heard her best friend ask from the computer screen. She took her cup and walked towards her desk. She looked at the person on the screen and smiled. “Do you have to lecture me every time we video chat?” She asked as she sat down. Chanyoung chuckled and explained, “I don’t have to but every time we talk, that’s all I see you eat. You’re a doctor yet you eat unhealthy food like that.” Eunsang glared at him and took a big bite of her noodle. “Let her eat that so her face will be bloated at our wedding.” She heard Bona’s voice from the background. “Who says I’m even coming?” She countered back.

“I’ll make Youngdo drag you back then.” Bona suddenly said as she pushed Chanyoung out of the screen. Eunsang stopped eating after hearing his name. She looked up and saw Bona watching her with a smile on her face.

Eunsang was on a break from her rounds at the hospital when she received a message from Bona.

                    Youngdo’s number. 905234XXXX. You should give him a call. Its been 12 years already.

Eunsang saved the number and hovered on the call button. As she was about to press it, she remembered the last time Youngdo talked to her.

If we see each other, let’s not say hello. Let’s not ask how we’re doing. Even after a long time passes, let’s not smile and pretend to reminisce about how we were back then.


Youngdo was lying on his bed after a packed schedule of meeting with investors for the Zeus hotel branch opening in London. His dad retired after coming out from prison and transferred everything to Youngdo after seeing all the hard work he has done while his father was away. Being the CEO is hard. He doesn’t have time to see his friends and is always in a different country.

The only person he makes time to see is his mom who has been worrying that he will not find a suitable person for himself because of working too much. Youngdo isn’t complaining. He loves his job and dating right now isn’t something he is interested in. He dated a few girls, but it never lasted long which made him lose interest all together.

Looking back, there was only one girl that peeked his interest. His first love, Cha Eunsang.