Two

Mamma Mia

Jungkook is waiting at the pier as the most recent ferry from the mainland unloads, looking over the heads of the tourists and few locals in search of his absolute best friends. As soon as he sees them, he can’t keep himself from screaming in delight and running towards them. “BamBam, Seokmin!!” The other omega and beta are also incapable of holding back their screams as Jungkook jumps onto them, the three of them bouncing as they hug each other tightly.

“I still can’t believe you’re mating Yugyeom in only a few weeks!” BamBam exclaims as the three of them finally start to calm down. “I still remember when I first introduced you!”

“He’s still treating you well, I assume.” Seokmin comments, picking up his bag as the three of them start on their way to the hotel.

“Of course, he is!” Jungkook says, wrapping his arms around his friends as they walk. “I’m so happy you guys are here! There’s something I haven’t been able to tell anyone, and it’s been killing me!”

The two of them look at Jungkook wide eyed. “Please tell me you’re not pregnant!” BamBam practically begs him while Seokmin just rests his hand on Jungkook’s stomach.

Jungkook lightly smacks Seokmin’s hand away and shoots BamBam a playful glare. “No, I’m not pregnant!” Jungkook pauses to take a breath before telling them. “I invited my alpha dad to my wedding.”

“What?!” His two friends shriek, staring at him in shock.

“I thought your dad wouldn’t even tell you if it was a beta or alpha that knocked him up!”

“Did you figure it out yourself or did Sungwoon or Taemin tell you?”

Jungkook waves his friends’ questions off. “Guys, if you’ll let me explain, I will answer all of your questions.”

After dropping their luggage off at the hotel, the boys went to their normal spot, a shaded, secluded area at the corner of the courtyard. “So, you know how any time I asked about my other father, my dad would always tell me, ‘it was just a winter fling’, ‘I didn’t even know I was pregnant until long after’, ‘he doesn’t even know because I never saw him again’, and so on.” BamBam and Seokmin nod eagerly, leaning forward in an anticipation of the rest of Jungkook’s story. “Well, a couple of weeks ago, I was looking through the storage shed to find something for my dad, and instead, I found this…” Jungkook picks up the bag he had been carrying and pulls out a well-used journal. “This is my dad’s diary that he kept to commemorate his and his friends’ vacation here during their winter break. Which is when he got pregnant with me.”

The other two gasp in excitement, moving to read over Jungkook’s shoulder as he opens the diary. “November 25th. Yesterday was our first day on Nagwon Seom, and last night was crazy-

“Wait,” Seokmin cuts Jungkook off. “Do we really want to hear all the dirty details about your conception?”

Without any hesitation, BamBam responds with, “I certainly do! Continue please!” He waves his hand for Jungkook to pick back up.

The omega giggles a bit before reading the rest of the entry out loud. “There was this little bar we decided to check out. Sungwoon and Taemin immediately abandoned me to go flirt with a group of alphas they saw in the corner, so them, but I was fine being left alone to myself at the bar with my drink. At least I was until some alpha started harassing me and tried to drag me off to the bathroom to have his way with me. Then this really sweet guy that you wouldn’t think he was an alpha just by looking at him ran the guy off and made sure I was okay. He told me his name was Yoongi and he chose to sit with me for the rest of the night and we just talked about anything and everything. He told me that he just got a job as a producer at a small entertainment company back in Seoul and that he had come to the island as a small present to himself before he would have to buckle down and start working nonstop. We talked all night, and maybe had a drink or two too much, but one thing led to another and I ended up spending the night in his hotel room instead of my own. He was very sweet and gentle and nothing like any of the other alphas I’ve been with in the past. I really hope I’ll get to see him again soon.

“How are you not cringing at reading about the night you were conceived?” Seokmin asks seriously.

“Because that’s not the night I was conceived.” Jungkook says, turning a page in the diary. “November 27th, I ran into Yoongi again today. He was just as handsome and sweet as I remembered. I ended up abandoning Taemin and Sungwoon to spend the day with Yoongi (payback for the night at the club), and I can say with every fiber of my being that Yoongi is the one for me. I can seriously imagine myself spending the rest of my life with him, proudly wearing his mark and bearing his children.

BamBam awws loudly as Seokmin opens his mouth to ask another question, but Jungkook is already turning a few more pages and reading off another entry. ”December 12th. It’s been a few days since I’ve written, but I’ve had a very good reason. I went into heat…and I spent it with Yoongi.” BamBam and Seokmin both gasp as Jungkook continues reading. “It was the first time I’d ever had an alpha help me, and it was the greatest experience ever. I couldn’t ask for a better first than Yoongi. It’s like he was in tune with me, never had to ask me what I needed or wanted, he just always knew. I seriously can’t picture spending a heat with any other alpha, and I never want to.” Jungkook turns the page and reads off the last entry mentioning Yoongi. “December 14th. Everything I thought I knew about Yoongi turned out to be a lie. He’s just like any other alpha out there, preying on innocent omegas for their own pleasure. I found out yesterday that he’s been engaged to another the entire time he was with me. I feel like such a dirty . I wish I knew the name of the poor omega, then I would find them and tell them what a sick bastard their fiancé is. No one deserves to go through what I have. I hope I never see Yoongi again.

“What a jerk!” Seokmin exclaims. “I can’t believe your dad had to go through that!”

“Wait,” BamBam says, “so this alpha, Yoongi, he’s your dad.”

Jungkook holds his finger up as if to say, ‘one second’. He turns a couple of pages in the diary. “That’s what I thought at first but listen to this. December 17th. Taemin and Sungwoon said they were tired of me moping around, so they dragged me to a bar (a different one than where I met you know who) and told me to pick a rebound. I didn’t want to use anyone like I had been used, so I was planning on just drowning my sorrows in alcohol then heading back to the hotel. Then I met Taehyung. He caught my attention because he was the only alpha without a drink in his hand. We got to talking and he said he was only on the island for a few days and he would be leaving for Thailand the next day. He said he was hoping for one last night of fun before he headed out, and I knew that I wouldn’t have to worry about any strings or messy feelings with him. So, I brought him back to my room and we were at it all night. Sure enough, he was already gone when I woke up this morning, but I’m fine with that. I don’t regret my decision at all, except for the fact that it didn’t help me forget like it should have.

Seokmin is about to voice his sadness for Jimin’s heartbreak but is cut off by Jungkook reading yet another entry. “December 20th. I met an alpha by the name of Hoseok on the dance floor last night, and the way he moved his hips would make any omega soak through their pants. Imagine my shock when he informed me that he’d never been with an omega before! Of course, I offered to give him a few tips, and it wasn’t long before we ended up in his bed. You could tell he was new to it, but it was still endearing. He was so shy and careful the whole time, it actually reminded me of someone else…

As soon as Jungkook finishes that entry, the three of them jump at the sound of his father’s voice. “I can’t believe you haven’t come to see me yet!” Jimin exclaims in mock offense, gladly opening his arms when his son’s best friends rush him for a hug, Jungkook quickly hiding the diary so his dad won’t see that he is in possession of it. “I’m pretty sure you two are taller every time I see you!”

“Or maybe you just keep getting shorter.” Jungkook teases his dad, earning a playful swat on the arm.

Jimin sighs happily. “Well, I would love to stay and chat with you two, but this hotel won’t keep itself up and running. Sounds like you three are already having a lot of fun.” The three of them nod as Jimin starts to walk away. “I remember all the fun I had when I was your age.”

“I’m sure you do.” BamBam mutters, Jungkook elbowing him, although Jimin seems to not have heard the omega as he disappears around the corner.

Jungkook then drags his friends to his room to finish their conversation in private.