Back to (un)Ordinary Life

Insatiable
Please log in to read the full chapter

“You really .” Yujin mocked Minjoo who was on her knee, hands gripping her blade handle as if it was her life support.

“Do I…really…have to learn…how to fight?” Minjoo gasped.

“Actually, you don’t,” Wonyoung commented. She and Sakura were watching from the bench under the shade. “We aren’t living in the old days when power is everything. Brain is more important these days.”

“Shut up, Wonyoung.” Yujin glared at the younger woman before turning back to Minjoo. She raised her blade. “Stand up. We’re going again.”

The new vampire glared at the taller woman. As much as she wanted to run away, she couldn’t. Not when Sakura’s eyes were watching her every move.

She had no choice.

Standing up to her feet, she raised her blade and pointed it towards Yujin’s direction. “Bring it on.” She challenged, quoting a game character her friend once forced her to play.

Yujin didn’t bother to hide her grin. “Oh. Are you finally getting serious?”

Minjoo gripped the blade handle tighter, narrowing her eyes at the blinding sunlight above them. She did a quick analysis inside her head, processing what Yujin had taught her before. Once she decided a plan, she dashed forward.

Sakura watched in silence as Yujin defended Minjoo’s blow without much trouble. The vampire master could see Yujin’s satisfied smile at Minjoo’s progress. In fact, the taller woman was too excited that she unconsciously gave an opening.

“There!” Minjoo exclaimed, swinging the blade sideways to Yujin’s knee. The latter was startled that she jumped up, her blade grazing Minjoo’s forearm and left a big gash.

“Ouch!”

The blade fell to the ground followed by Minjoo who held her arm while groaning in pain.

“You’ll be fine.” Yujin stabbed her blade to the ground, leaning on one leg as she picked her nails with disinterest. A few seconds later, she gestured the older woman to check her wound.

“See?” She pointed, picking up her blade as she took a few steps back. Minjoo rolled her sleeve up to check the scar that was supposed to be on her forearm

She was about to say something when she realized the other two that were gone.

“Where are they?” Minjoo gestured the empty bench.

“Not my concern,” Yujin answered, already on her position for another round. Her eyes were colder. “Get ready because I’m going to kill you.”

The next morning, Minjoo saw the two young vampires lazing on the couch, their legs tangled as they watched a re-run drama on the big screen. She took a seat on the floor and put both her hands on the coffee table.

Someone playfully kicked her shoulder and she turned around to glare at the suspect; Yujin.

“Were you able to sleep last night?” Yujin teased.

“Did something happen?” Wonyoung asked, eyes still focused on the screen though her tone held slight interest.

“She was being so wild last night that I couldn’t sleep.”

Minjoo was about to deny it but Wonyoung beat her as she turned to the older girl. “What did you do last night?” She questioned.

“Nothing.”

Wonyoung narrowed her eyes. “Tell me, Yujin.”

“Why? I didn’t ask what you were doing last night either.”

Wonyoung gaped. “You already know the answer. Now tell me, what happened last night?”

“I don’t have to report everything I did to you, okay? Or do you want me to tell you I was with Minjoo last night?” Yujin raised her tone, “No, right? Because I don’t want you to tell me you were with Sakura unnie either.”

Minjoo kept her eyes on the screen, trying to stay oblivious with the growing tension behind her. She heard someone stomped on the carpet and she didn’t have to turn her head to know who it was.

Once she heard a door slammed shut, she turned to Yujin with furrowed brows. “You don’t have to go that far, you know?”

“What? Are you going to judge me?”

“No.” Minjoo turned back to the screen. She watched as the girl in the drama entered a cafe which reminded her that she hasn’t shown up at her workplace for more than a week.

“By the way, can I leav

Please log in to read the full chapter