- f o u r -

MATED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FOUR

Francesco, if it was not for him I could have died tonight. It is stupid to think that a mere mortal like me could ever escape in this massive faerie territory. What I have encountered tonight is nothing compared to much weird looking creatures that Verboden houses especially the terrifying ones.

I am still standing on the same spot where Francesco left me, tears threatening to fall from my eyes. I hate it. I hate that I have killed that faerie. I hate that I have to left my sister behind the gates. I hate that I have to live the rest of my life here, I do not belong here. My own tears betrayed me and start flowing down my face—I weep and weep until no more tears left for me to cry. I just want to go home! 

 

 

I've been weeping in front of the Burning Lake for only God know how long. Something rustles from behind but I do not mind, I am too physically and emotionally tired to even bother what is making that sound. I put my hands around my self and curl up into a ball, still weeping. I hope that the thing out there will just kill me but instead cold hands snatched my arms. 

"Did you know how dangerous to roam around here alone?" he tried lifting my head to face him. "Where the hell did—", the Grand Duke stop on his mid sentence when he saw the tears sliding down my face. I could see the tensing of his jaw muscle, perhaps I look so miserable to make him do so. 

"What are you doing here and why are you crying?" His voice was soft. I could not answer so I just shook my head. 

"Please do not ever go by yourself again. You gave me a heart attack," he gently wipe the tears from my face and then lifted me up. "Sleep, I will take care of you."

His voice is like a gentle lullaby to me. I am so tired that I do not have any energy left to even protest as he lifted me into his arms. My eyelids became heavy and darkness welcome me.

 

 

Meanwhile at the Night Kingdom...

Taemin reappered on the exact spot where he saved the human girl from earlier. He do not know whether to feel happy or not that finally a human girl stepped on the realm of the faeries—she might be the salvation of Verboden.

But this means that his job is about to start, he needs to kill the girl before she and Myungsoo fell in love. He do not have any choice but to do it or else Thamuz will blast his dark magic and kill all his family and his beloved people, and he cannot let that happen.

As the Grand Duke of the Night Kingdom, it is his responsibility to protect and ensure that his whole court will remain intact. With a heavy heart, he let his shadows transport him towards his prized court. 

​​​​​​"Finally, the lord of the night has returned," Taemin stumbled through the entrance of the great hall as he saw Thamuz seating on his black marble throne. 

"What are you doing here, Thamuz?" 

​​​​​​The faerie seating on the throne huffed a dark laugh, "What's with the foul mood? Are you not happy that you will finally be doing something interesting?" 

"You are despicably evil," he said and made his way towards his private quarters, Thamuz on his heels. 

​​​"You know what I want, Taemin. I am aware that Myungsoo brought a human girl here in Verboden and I want her dead as soon as possible or else", Thamuz snap his fingers and a magical orb appeared in front of him showing Taemin's mother and younger sister bound by iron chains. "..I will shed the blood of your beloved family. And these, these kingdom of yours? I shall burn it until only ashes remains."

Taemin could feel the anger building up in him and midnight shadows start to curl around his fingers. Before he could blast his powers towards Thamuz he yelled, "Get out!" 

Thamuz only smirk at him and try taunting him. "Go on, I dare you."

"I said get the hell out of here."

"Or else what, huh, Grand Duke of the Night Kingdom? What will you do?" 

Taemin could no longer contain his growing anger, he let out his black shadows and tried holding Thamuz's neck but his powers was weaken that Thamuz easily deflected his attack. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter