Final ❤️

"Unbreak"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

this will be longer (like super long) than the previous ones.... hehehehehehehehehe

ஐ〰ฺ・:*:・✿ฺ ஐ〰・:*:・・:*:・✿ฺ ஐ〰・:*:・・:*:・✿ฺ ஐ〰・:*:・

 

"Is Minhyuk coming?"

Jinyoung rolled his eyes instinctively at Youngjae's question. He's just been reminded of that scene Minhyuk has caused outside their company's building. What was the guy thinking? That they're some characters in this romantic flick or something?

"No, Youngjae. I already broke up with him. Remember?" He even put great emphasis on remember since he could clearly recall Youngjae being there when he broke up with Minhyuk. Now why is the younger asking?

The blonde just pouted while fixing his hair in front of the full body mirror they have in the living room. Then he heard his laugh. "Yeah, I know hyung. But I kind of thought you made up with him."

"After what he did?" Jinyoung gave him a side glance before rolling his eyes once again. "You really think I'll get back with him? He's pathetic." And that remark made Youngjae fall silent.

 

Jinyoung knows what he said was a bit harsh... okay maybe not a bit but totally harsh. But what he's saying is true. Minhyuk is not a bad boyfriend. He just finds him clingy. Too clingy, that is. Too much for Jinyoung's liking and that makes him feel uncomfortable. That too much in Minhyuk's actions makes him feel his lackness in their relationship which lasted for more than two months.

He heard a frustrated sigh from behind him. "I know you already know this, hyung but I just really want to say this with the littlest bit of hope that you'll still change. . . . ." Youngjae inhaled and then, "You're rude to the core. You're the coldest and numbest person I've ever met. You're making me convinced that you don't have a heart at all." Then he smiled oh so sweetly like what he said isn't meant to offend Jinyoung in any way.

But yeah... Youngjae is right. Jinyoung already knows that and to top it of, he doesn't care. A loud honk from downstairs caught his attention. Standing up, he called on the other. "Three ing minutes, Youngjae. We need to ing go."

"I'm rushing!" Youngjae shouted from the bathroom, then came out in a second, all ready. "Why do you always have ing in your sentence?"

"Because you're ing slow." 

"Like I said. Rude." Youngjae said, frowning at him. "If you won't change, I swear you'll stay and rot being single."

Jinyoung had one last glance of himself at the mirror before walking towards the door. "I don't need anyone."

 

When they reached the ground floor, they saw their two other friends waiting inside the car. "See? I told you you're ing slow." Jinyoung said, earning another frown from the younger before they both got in the backseat of the car.

"That was not me, hyung. I promise." Yugyeom said with his hands up in the air as if he's surrendering. Jinyoung just tapped his back and glanced at Bambam who is smiling at him cheekily saying Hi, hyung! "It's alright Yugyeom. I know you're not as evil as your boyfriend yet."

"I know you love me."

"Shut up, brat." He barked at Bambam before Yugyeom drives them off.

 

✧༝┉┉┉┉┉˚*❋ ❋ ❋*˚┉┉┉┉┉༝✧

 

Jinyoung is at the middle of the dancefloor, swaying and moving his hips to the rhythm, trying to get himself lost in the music. He needs this.

It's a full on busy week at work, with Jaebum giving him manuscripts after manuscripts which he has to re-edit just because, and he quote, "this bunch of idiots can't get their job done right!" - Jaebum's exact words, not his. Jackson's frequent visit in his office is also not helping to be honest. The chinese kept on bugging him saying he's too scared to stay in one room as his boyfriend because Jaebum is too scary when mad and stressed at the same time.

The bar was filled with loud cheers when a familiar song blared on the speakers. Jinyoung swayed his hips and grinded lower. This is life! This is how to ing live! He raised his glass and turned but he almost fell-

"Got you." He heard his voice and now he's face to face with his broad chest. He is taller so Jinyoung needed to look up to see his face. "Why are you here alone, babe?"

Calling me 'babe' when we already broke up, eh? "It's because I don't want to be with anyone, most especially you, Minhyuk."

Jinyoung tried to break free but Minhyuk refused to let go and soon enough, it's starting to turn into the same scene his ex-boyfriend has caused outside the company yesterday.

"Jinyoung, I just want to talk-"

 

"I think he said no." A deep and stern voice came from behind but Jinyoung is too dizzy to check. The guy's warmth radiates to his back but his attention was caught by Minhyuk when he touched his elbow again.

"We're through, Minhyuk. Just get over it." He said sharply. Minhyuk's eyes were still pleading but Jinyoung already has made his decision. He's done with him, so he just averted his eyes. He could only breathe a sigh of relief when Minhyuk did leave.

Turning, Jinyoung faced the stranger behind him. That made him dizzy and almost fell again if not for the man's strong hands gripping on his shoulder. "Thanks." He said to the guy whose face he can't clearly see. Maybe it's because of the alcohol, but everything seems blurry.

 

Jinyoung doesn't know what exactly happened but now he finds himself dancing dangerously close to the stranger, hands trailing on his chest and lean arms. He's wearing a suit but Jinyoung wants to imagine how his body looks like underneath it. He heard the guy mutter something before he felt a soft pair of lips moving on top of his own. Jinyoung was taken by surprise which made him flutter his eyes open, giving him a chance to see the face of the guy kissing him right now.

And as soon as he did see his face... it felt like time stood still.

 

"I've got a lot of things going on, not only for myself."

His eyes widened, the sides feel like burning.

 

"You need to learn to decide. Don't depend on me too much."

A memory flashed in his mind, as he watch him still with his eyes closed.

 

"You need to grow more. You are not matured enough to handle this-"

 

Jinyoung's arms suddenly became limp as the man in front of him started to open his eyes.

"Sorry."

He almost heard him say again. Again. Just like how he said it years ago.

His hand reached out for him but Jinyoung restrained.

 

One.

Two.

Three steps back.

 

Walk away, Jinyoung. Walk away.

 

✧༝┉┉┉┉┉˚*❋ ❋ ❋*˚┉┉┉┉┉༝✧

 

"How did you get home last night?"

The four of them: him, Bambam, Yugyeom and Youngjae are all gathered around the dining table, eating the breakfast they've ordered for room service. Everyone is too tired to cook for theirselves.

 

Jinyoung glanced at Youngjae before taking a spoonful of kimchi fried rice. "Taxi." He answered briefly and what came after is Youngjae's nagging on how he made them worry about where he probably went after disappearing last night.

"What happened, hyung?" It's now Yugyeom who is asking but Jinyoung could feel all of his friends' eyes focusing on him. Now how will he answer the young guy?

Should he say...Well guys, do you remember my ex? I mean 'ex the first'? The who broke my heart six years ago? The reason why I cried for almost the whole of my first year in college? The reason why no matter how hard you all tried to get me into dating, I always refuse? The person who made me feel that I am not good enough for him? The person who made me believe in forever but crashed my hopes into tiny pieces? Well... I saw him last night. And we kissed.

Should he say all that?

Heaving a deep sigh, Jinyoung answered. "Nothing. Nothing happened. I just needed to get away." He stood up and put his plates on the sink.

He heard a low grunt from Youngjae. "This is all Minhyuk's fault."

Yeah. Let's blame it all to him.

 

Jinyoung moved fast and was able to fix himself for work before 8am. God. Maybe he should stop going out on nights when he has work. It certainly isn't a good idea.

"Good morning, Jinyoung-ssi." So Hyeon at the reception area greeted him and he smiled back despite the hangover. He went inside the elevator to head to his office.

He is working as an editor-in-chief at the publishing company built and developed by his friends - Jackson and Jaebum. He is working for two years, as the head of staff of Transcend- one of the best selling business and lifestyle magazine in Seoul, and he's happy to be living his dream and to be doing what he wants, writing articles and having them published for people to read.

 

Jinyoung was just taking a rest, with his head rested on his table when someone knocked on his door. "Mr. Im and Mr. Wang wants you at the board room right now." So despite of his buzzing head ache, he stood up and went to meet his boss.

 

✧༝┉┉┉┉┉˚*❋ ❋ ❋*˚┉┉┉┉┉༝✧

 

Jinyoung tried hard to keep a calm facade all throughout the meeting. He keeps all those insane thoughts at bay, telling himself he'll go bat crazy a while after and not here, in front of him.

"Thank you again, for gracing our invitation of having you featured in Transcend. It is such an honor to have one of the most eligible bachelor and most successful businessman in the corporate world, as the cover of this month's issue." Jaebum said as he shake hands with the older who is smiling widely.

"What are you saying, Jaebum-ah? It's my honor to be featured in your magazine." Then those brown eyes met his. "And have my article written by your best employee. It truly is an honor." Jinyoung narrowed his eyes but realized he should be trying to act unfazed.

Jackson broke the stare between them and swinged his arm on the brunette. "So what can I say but... I'm thrilled to be working with you and, nice to see you again, Mark."

 

 

"Look, Jackson. I know that you're an and maybe I have underestimated you. But I didn't think you'd ever do this to me?!"

Jinyoung is shouting at Jackson who is his boss, btw inside his shared office with Jaebum. Jackson has his eyes widened in shock while his boyfriend is just chilling at the sofa. He kicked the older's feet in irritation. "You're not excluded from this, Im Jaebum."

"And I should shake in fear just because I tasked you to interview Mark, who as I have mentioned, is hailed as one of the most eligible bachelors and most successful businessmen in Korea." The way Jaebum said that irritated Jinyoung in a whole new level.

"You're impossible." Jinyoung glared at Jaebum who is back at reading a magazine with both his feet on top of the coffee table.

"Chill, will you?" Now It's Jackson speaking. "It's just work, Jinyoungie. Be professional."

Professional my . Jinyoung thought as he scoffed, still glaring at Jackson. He was about to fire back when the door opened, revealing the cause of his nearing mental breakdown.

"Is there a problem, Jackson?" Mark asked before turning to his direction. "Jinyoung?"

Rolling his eyes, Jinyoung turned to face Jackson again. "If this is how you two play, then I'm not participating. Look for another person to do the job cause I quit." he his heel and walked past a shocked and confused Mark until Jaebum got up on his feet and is now blocking his way.

"Hey, hold up." The guy's giving him an unamused yet challenging and very much provoking look. "You're really going to quit just because you refuse to work with Mark? Your ex?" Jinyoung winced because that hits a spot. But Jaebum continued. "It's been how many years already. Haven't you moved on?"

"Jaebum." He heard Mark's warning voice.

"No, Mark. He needs to hear this." Jaebum insisted and walked nearer to where Jinyoung is standing. "The two of you broke up years ago. If you already did move on like you've claimed, then you won't quit this job and will get that interview done."

Irritated, Jinyoung asked through gritted teeth. "Is that really it?"

"Yes it is. That is, if you really moved on. Then you could work comfortably with Mark."

If only eyes could kill. "Fine. I won't quit and will get that interview done." Jinyoung gave the older a mocking look. "Happy?"

Jaebum did smile so wide that Jinyoung had thoughts of punching the lights out of him. "Very."

"." He said before storming out of the couple's office.

 

In less than five minutes, he's already at the parking lot and walking fast to his car. Until a hand tugged on his arm. "Jinyoung-"

"What are you doing here?" Jinyoung asked, cutting the brunette's words. "Why are you here, Mark?"

The look on his face tells Jinyoung that the older isn't prepared with any kind of answer. "Jaebum called for me."

"You knew I was working here." It's not a question.

"Yes, I do but-"

"And you still went here and is willing to do the interview?" Jinyoung can't believe this is happening. 

"Do you hate the thought of working with me this much?" And he has the nerve to ask?

Making a huffing sound, Jinyoung answered in a beat. "Of course I do. Did you forget? I did say I'll be better off without you."

Mark wasn't able to say anything so with one last glare, Jinyoung got inside his car and drove fast, wishing he could run the guy over.

 

✧༝┉┉┉┉┉˚*❋ ❋ ❋*˚┉┉┉┉┉༝✧

 

"You know, anyone would be happy to take your place, hyung." Bambam told him while they were preparing dinner. 

He told the younger about what happened at work and this is the Thai's response. He knew who Mark is... but not who Mark was. Bambam and the rest of his friends know Mark, the Mark Tuan who owns the Tuan Enterprises. But they don't know the Mark Tuan who was his boyfriend back in highschool.

"Then let them take it for all I care!" Jinyoung said, waving his hands in the air before getting back to cooking.

"Why do you despise working with him so much?" This question. Bambam finally asked him. It is always this question. It is a mystery for the young guy as to why he hates working with Mark, who is liked by practically anyone who has eyes. "Why do you hate him?"

Struggling not to stutter, he answered. "He's just.... h-he's just...." Jinyoung inhaled then exhaled. "He's just someone from my past."

 

Someone from my past. Damn it. He's not just 'someone from m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter