Third Mission: Protect The Princess - Part 11

How To Steal A First Kiss

Lin Yi went down to the living room to find Sunnee and Cammie in a daze. "What's happening to them?" he thought as he slowly walked towards them. He waved his hand in front of Sunnee, but it seems like she didn't notice it. He did the same for Cammie, and there was no reaction from her. 

 

"What's wrong?" he asked. Brent walked towards his side, and looked at them. "How long have they been in a daze?" he asked. Lin Yi shrugged his shoulders. Sean popped in between them, and looked at the two girls. "Did something bad happened?" he asked. Both Brent and Lin Yi shrugged their shoulders. 

 

Sean thought of an idea to snap them out of their daze. He cleared his throat, and began to speak loudly. "There's cakes and cookies at the kitchen!" he said. All of sudden, their mood changed. "Cakes and cookies!" both Cammie and Sunnee said to each other. Then, they ran to the kitchen, leaving the three guys still wondering what happened to them. "They're just hungry?" Brent asked. Lin Yi let out a smirk. "Let's see Panda's reaction when she found out there's no sweets at the kitchen." he said. 

 

A few minutes later, the two girls came out of the kitchen. They both glared at the three guys. "There's no cake or  cookies at the kitchen!" they shouted angrily. 

 

--

 

[Flashback]

 

"Qing Qing!"

 

Dylan ran at the warehouse. This time, his father and the police are with him. There was a blast at the warehouse where he and Qing Qing were held for days. 

 

Dead bodies were taken out of the warehouse. They were too charred to be identified. He looked around, hoping Qing Qing is still alive and had escaped the kidnappers. "There was a little girl that we found dead." he heard the police said. 

 

He stopped the moment he heard that. "We can no longer identify the little girl. She was too burnt to be identified." the police continued. A tear fell from his eyes upon hearing that. "Qing Qing!" he shouted. He ran towards the warehouse, but his father stopped him.

 

"Dylan, no!" his father said. "No! I have to save Qing Qing. Qing Qing can't be dead!" he said as he tried to get away from him. But his father held onto him tightly. All he could do is cry as he stared at the warehouse. "Qing Qing... you can' be dead..." he thought.

 

[End Of Flashback]

 

Dylan woke up, and sat up on his bed. Cold beads of sweat was on his forehead. It was another nightmare. "Qing Qing..." he said in a low voice. A tear fell from his eyes as he remembered the day he found out Qing Qing died. 

 

He pulled his knees towards him and hugged it tight. "Qing Qing, I'm sorry I wasn't able to save you. I'm sorry for running away. I'm so sorry..." he said. As he buried his face on his arms, he began to sob.

 

--

 

[Flashback]

 

Sunnee was crying as she lay on the cold concrete ground. She just found out Xiao Zi had been killed, and there was nothing she could do.

 

"Pssstttt...." she heard someone calling her. She looked around, and found nothing. "Psssttt..." it called her again. Then, she saw boxes moving on it's own. Then, a little boy came out. There was another opening at their side that she didn't know. 

 

"What are you doing here?" the little boy asked in a hushed tone. She looked back at the masked men, who's attention were at the card games they're playing. "Do you know them?" the little boy asked. She shook her head. "Do you?" she asked. The little boy sighed as she nodded his head. "I run errand for them." he said. 

 

"Do they always kidnap kids?" Sunnee asked. The little boy nodded his head. "For money. I guess your father is rich, that's why they kidnapped you." he said. Then, he let out another sigh. He had enough of the evil ways of these men. Many times, he had seen poor children being held in the warehouse. And some, were unfortunate to never get out. Seeing the girl, he realized he can't let that happen to her. 

 

Quietly, he moved to her other side, and untied her. Sunnee was surprised at what he did. He put his finger on his lips, and hushed her to be quiet. Then, he helped her up, and led her to the hole where he got in. Once they got out, they ran as fast as they could away from that place. 

 

--

 

"Papa!"

 

Sunnee shouted as she knocked by the gate. The door opened, and the first person she saw is Bernice, one of her father's trainees. "Sunnee!" Bernice shouted. She carried her, and hugged her tight. "We have been worried about you." she said. 

 

Everyone came outside the house, to find Sunnee. "Sunnee!" Her father shouted as he ran towards her. The moment she saw her father, she cried.. "Papa..." she said. Qin Yang carried her as she cried. "I'm glad you're alive. He... He said..."

 

Qin Yang could not continue anymore as he cried, hugging her tightly. "How did you get out?" Sean asked her. Then, Bernice noticed the little boy. "Did you help Sunnee?" she asked. The little boy nodded her head. "Brave boy!" George said.

 

Qin Yang turned his attention to him. "You saved my daughter?" he asked. "If I won't save her, she'll be dead, like the others." he said. He put his daughter down, and approached him. "What's your name?" he asked. "Li Chung Lin. But they call me Lin Yi."

"Where are your parents?"

He lowered his head upon hearing that question. "I... I escaped the orphanage. I have no family with me." he said. Qin Yang put his arm on his shoulder, and smiled. "Would you like to stay here, and be my son?" he asked. 

 

His eyes lightened up upon hearing that. "Will... will you take me?" he asked. Qin Yang nodded his head. "Of course, I will. You're a brave, young man, and I want you to live with us." he said. He looked everyone around him, and saw them smiling warmly at him. A tear fell from his eyes as he nodded his head. 

 

Finally, he have a family. 

 

[End Of Flashback]

 

--

 

Persephone sipped her wine as she looked outside the balcony. She took a deep breath as she thought of the past mistake her men made before. 

 

"Let me guess, still thinking of those three kids?" she heard Hades asked. "The one, I should have killed. The other... he left after the experiment began." she said. "It wasn't your fault..." Hades said. Persephone shot a glare at him. 

 

"That little girl's death would have been my revenge." she said. "And the little boy?" he asked. Persephone looked away from him. She let out a smirk as she took another sip. "He would have been the perfect super soldier." he said. 

 

Hades let out a sigh. "How sure are you that the experiment would have been successful if he had not escaped?" he said. "I just know it." she said. "But you do know, there is another successful experiment..." Hades said. Persephone paused, and looked at him. "Before you came, there was another kid... if he did not escape as well, he would have been the ultimate super soldier." he said. 

 

"Who is he?" Persephone asked. Hades just answered her with a smirk.

 

--

 

Sunnee was walking towards the cafeteria when she saw Dylan walking up to him. She let out a smile upon seeing him. "Xiao Zi..." she thought. Dylan smiled back at her. "Sunneee..." he called. She stared at him for a long time, until she remembered the picture Addie showed to them before.

 

[Flashback]

 

"Dylan?!"

 

Both Sunnee and Cammie exclaimed. "The Sakura Council Head cross-dresses?" Cammie asked. "Only if I tell him too...." Addie said. "What do you mean only if you tell him too? And he obliges?" Sunnee asked. "I think he likes dressing up as a girl. He'seven prettier than me when he does." Addie said. 

 

Sunnee swiped to the next photos and saw more photos of Dylan as a girl. "She is prettier than me!" Sunnee said. At that moment, she wanted to cry."

 

[End Of Flashback]

 

Upon remembering that, she immediately turned away from Dylan, making him confused. "What's happening to her." he thought. He saw her slowly walking away, and he followed her. "Sunnee?" he called. Sunnee continued to walk away from him. "Sunnee." Dylan called her firmly. Sunnee began to walk faster. 

 

Soon after, Dylan caught up with her. He held her shoulder, and turned her to face him. "Hey, are you avoiding me?" he asked. She have no idea how to face him. "I...uh... I... I remembered I have some assignments to do." she said, followed by a nervous smile. 

 

Dylan held the back of her collar, and dragged her to the empty Sakura Council Office. As he locked the door of the office, he cornered Sunnee by the door. "I thought we're OK? Why are you avoiding me?" he asked worriedly. "I... I told you I forgot I have something to do!"

"Really?"

"Really!"

 

Dylan stared at her for a long time. "I don't believe you." he said. He moved closer to her. "Did  I do something again to make you avoid me?" he asked. She could feel her heart beating fast as he inched towards her face. "N-n-n-no... and... and... why are you.. s-s-so... c-c-close?" she asked. Dylan let out a smirk. "Why are you stuttering?" he asked. 

 

Their noses touched and he stared into her eyes. She could see her reflection into his almond eyes. "You're this close to me. You know, I could kiss you right now." he said in a low, seductive voice. Upon hearing that, Sunnee immediately closed her eyes, and moved her face away from him. She can't kiss him with that thought of him as a girl in her mind.  "But I won't. Now, tell me, why are you ignoring me." he said. He felt her move away from him. 

 

As she slowly opened her eyes, his face is away from her this time. "I... I saw some pictures..." Sunnee confessed. Dylan gave her a confused look. "From Addie's phone." she added. Dylan was shocked at what she said. Now, Sunnee knew his deep, dark secret. 

 

"Addison Lei!!!"