Mafia 2 - Chen gets the call

Bits and Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongdae knew that the day was coming, but he never thought that it would be so soon. He especially didn’t expect to get the call in the middle of the night on Mijung’s birthday. 

The vibration of the home phone on the nightstand stirred him from his slumber. He squinted at the blue display screen before reaching for the phone and climbing out of bed. Who could want him at this hour? 

Looking back at his girlfriend to check that she was still asleep he slipped out of the bedroom and pulled the door too before answering the phone. 

“Hello?” He said, voice groggy from sleep. 

“Time’s up Kim Jongdae, we know where you are and you can’t hide from us.” The voice on the other end responded, sending a chill down his spine. 

“Who is this?” 

“The people who have been chasing you ever since you robbed that bank. Yeah, you know the one, the one that you stole thousands from. We have people outside your house right now, so I suggest you don’t try to make a run for it.” 

Jongdae swallowed and hesitantly glanced out of the hallway window to see if he was being pranked. To his dismay, there were, in fact, three black vans parked across the street and he could just about make out the outline of several people surrounding the house. Even if he wanted to make a run for it there was no way he could get out without being seen. He couldn’t leave Mijung though, not with a toddler. 

“I’m not gonna try to run. What do you want?” 

“We want you to surrender quietly.”

“Do I at least get to say goodbye to my family?” Jongdae really hoped they weren’t going to storm in and make a scene in front of everyone. 

“You have until morning. When the clock hits 6 o’clock, we will knock on the door. You will open it and you will return to the living room and sit down on the couch. Do not resist, if you do we will drag you out.” 

Jongdae swallowed again. “Okay.” 

With that said, the person on the other end hung up, leaving Jongdae standing in the hallway feeling lost. What was he supposed to tell Mijung? 

Slipping back into his bedroom he noticed that Mijung was awake and looking at him. 

“What’s wrong, Dae?” She asked sleepily. 

Jongdae smiled back at her as he put the phone back on the nightstand and climbed back into bed. 

“Nothing to worry about, sweetheart.” He lied, “Go back to sleep.”

“Okay.” Mijung slipped herself into Jongdae’s arms as he lay down, taking in the warmth from his bare chest and listening to his heartbeat. 

“I love you so much.” He whispered as Mijung drifted off back to sleep, completely unaware that her best friend was about to be taken away from her in just a few hours. 

 

 

 

Being woken up by her phone ringing at 6:30 am on a Saturday was not something Misook had anticipated, nor wanted for that matter. Rolling away from Joonmyun who was still sleeping soundly next to her, she picked up her phone and looked at the caller ID. What was her sister doing calling her at this hour?

“Hello?” Misook answered, clearing . 

“Misook, they’ve taken him. They’ve taken him!” Mijung sounded hysterical, so much so that Misook could barely tell what she was saying.

“Mijung, calm down, I can’t tell what you’re saying,” Glanci

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter