그토록 어색했던

So Awkward

Jisung dug his face deeper into Minho's chest.

They were watching a horror movie together at Jisung's house, even though Jisung opposed it, because Minho thought it was cute when Jisung got scared.

Minho kissed the top of Jisung's head and rubbed his back soothingly. 'Are you okay baby? Do you want me to turn it off?'

Jisung slightly nodded his head against Minho's shirt, and whimpered like a small puppy.

Minho turned off the movie and cuddled his boyfriend, sniffing his hair and patting his back. When Jisung calmed down he lifted up his head to look at Minho with wide adoring eyes. They stared lovingly deep into each other's eyes.

Jisung mentally scolded himself for not confessing earlier than a few days ago, to the wonderful creature in front of him. He had been hiding his crush on him for eight years, and when he finally noticed him five years ago, he was content with only their friendship. If he had known that Minho felt the same way, if only he wasn't so shy, he would have been repeating this scenario for years.

Minho enjoyed nothing more than Jisung's presence. He was three years his senior, and lived at the university dormitory with other upperclassmen. But he visited Jisung's house so often that he practically lived there. He had always been so obvious about his feelings towards Jisung, and he wondered how Jisung could be so oblivious. But now they were here, together, melting in each other's eyes.

Even after confessing, they haven't kissed on the lips even once. They have always shared innocent touches, and they regularly pecked each other on the cheeks, hair, nose, so nothing really changed about that. Minho was growing impatient from Jisung's hesitation.

It's not that Jisung didn't want to kiss him, he was just really really shy. Minho had taught him to become more confident in himself over the years, even though he had his own self doubt sometimes. But he never doubted how much he loved the younger. He initially didn't mind his feelings being unrequited, but now knowing that they weren't made Minho a bit frustrated that he couldn't show his affection properly.

He was just planning on how to kiss him without being too awkward when Jisung's slightly sleepy voice interrupted his thoughts.

'Hyung, what are you thinking about?'

'About you.' He said still stargazing at the constellations in Jisung's eyes. 'About how much I love you.' He said cheesily.

'You don't love me as much as I love you.'

'No, I love you more than you love me.'

'Hyung..' Jisung's voice trailed.

'Hmm? What is it sweetheart?'

'Can I.. kiss you?' Jisung asked awkwardly, suddenly looking away from Minho's eyes.

Minho was suprised but proud of Jisung for making this move. He held Jisung's face from his cheeks with both hands and brought it back to face his, making Jisung look at him. 'Yes.' He smiled before leaning in slowly.

But Jisung was faster than him, and he caught Minho's lips between his, startling him. Jisung attempted to deepen the kiss, accidentally pushing Minho backwards and making his head hit the coffee table behind him.

'Hyung! I'm so sorry! Are you ok?' Jisung asked worried that he hurt his boyfriend. He rubbed the back of Minho's head with his hand and found a medium sized bump.

'It's ok, really. But it will hurt less if you kiss it better.'

Jisung kissed Minho's bump and Minho giggled.

'Hyung! What's so funny?!'

'It's just that you're so cute. It makes me happy and that's why I'm laughing.'

Jisung pouted. 'I know you're just making fun of my clumsiness. It's not funny Hyung! You got hurt because of me!'

'But it feels better now thanks to you.' Minho told him still smiling. 'Shall we start over what we were doing?'

Jisung got up and sat on the sofa, pulling Minho to seat next to him. 'It's safer up here, no corners or edges.' Jisung explained in attempt to distract himself from blushing.

Minho grabbed Jisung's shoulders and gently pushed him so that he was laying down on the sofa. 'It's even safer like this.' He smiled innocently.

'Hyuuung!' Jisung whined. Minho's laugh was interrupted when Jisung pulled him down, almost making him lose his balance. He pressed his lips to his own, and latched his arms onto Minho's waist to make sure he doesn't fall over. Minho wanted to , so he shifted his weight to slowly drop himself on the floor pulling Jisung with him, so that he was on top of Minho. Jisung was unbothered and just kept kissing him. Minho tickled Jisung making him smile into the kiss, still not breaking it.

'Babe..' Minho mumbled into Jisung's mouth.

Jisung realized Minho was trying to say something, and released him. 'Yes Hyung?'

'I need to breathe..' he said panting. 'You really got excited, huh?' He smirked at Jisung making him blush.

'I-I'll go get some water.' He stammered. He got up and almost tripped on air as he stumbled towards his small kitchen.

Minho smiled to himself, thinking this was the best day of his life. He observed his boyfriend as he poured water into two glasses and went to join him in the kitchen. He gave him a surprise back hug as he stood near the sink.

'Hyung! I'm holding glass!'

'Fine then. Give it to me.' He took one glass from Jisung and drank it quickly.

Jisung observed his boyfriend's wet lips that somehow seemed juicier to him now than before. Minho knew that Jisung was still thirsty, but not for water. He gripped him from his waist and carried him to make him sit on the small countertop. He kissed Jisung's lips relentlessly, and his movements were slightly rougher than Jisung's. He accidentally knocked over the other glass with his knee, and it fell into the sink.

'Hyung if you broke it I-'

'Shhh.' He shushed him with another kiss.

Jisung kissed Minho as much as he wanted to kiss him for eight years. Minho kissed Jisung as much as he was afraid to kiss him for five years. They kissed each other like their lives depended on it.

 

They ended up cuddling on the sofa in the living room, worn out and sleepy.

'You know what, Hyung?'

'What?'

'This is the best day of my life.'

'Me too.'

They both knew that love is love, no matter how long you have to wait for it. If you know you have met your soulmate, you would do anything for them. Even wait for a thousand years. Because it's definitely worth it in the end.