005.

Wait for me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoohyeon is the first one to step into the house. She has been acting strange ever since watching after the performance. This does not go unnoticed by Yoobin who seemingly feels something is up with both Siyeon and Yoohyeon. Well, she knows which brain socket Siyeon malfunctioned but not Yoohyeon. Perhaps just like everyone else who watched Bora’s team performance, Yoohyeon is probably just blown away that her brain fails to function properly. Yoohyeon, completely oblivious of the shorter one gaze pinned on her, mindlessly walks to her bedroom. She closes the door shut softly, hastily paces to her bed. As she rests her hips on the bed, she releases a sigh. Then she frowns, her mind is still about the two women she saw in the mall. Her eyes fall on the old photo frame standing at the top of her desk. She picks it up and examine it as if it is her first time seeing the picture. Which is half true. The photo frame has been undisturbed ever since she has accepted her new life in China. The only times she touches it will be when she’s cleaning or moving houses. Even if she does, she will not take time to inspect and reminiscent the past anymore. The picture is slightly blurred, a result from its old age and the image produced by an old camera. Yoohyeon’s fingers faintly caress the dusted clear glass. “Three Kim. Kim Jiu, Kim Sua and Kim Yoohyeon. All arranged in order by age.” Yoohyeon softly speaks, memories start to flood into her. Her eyebrows knit together, indicating she is once again swimming in her own thoughts. She ponders. She never really questions why their name sounds rather peculiar, as if it is just a nickname they created for fun. Maybe she was too young to be doubtful. All she knows about them is they are her friends she met at the park one faithful day. In short, they become fast friends albeit none of the other Kims ever speak about their personal lives. Back then it does not matter anyway. They were kids. Background stories are meaningless. Her occupied mind is interrupted by a voice calling her name downstairs. It is Yoobin informing her that dinner is prepared. She takes a quick bath and proceeds to eat with her friends.

The dinner is a bit loud. Maybe because Gahyeon is not there to tell her sisters not to talk while eating. Speaking of Gahyeon, Siyeon has completely forgot about her younger sister’s absence due to a certain dancer who keeps on coming into Siyeon’s thoughts. In fact, she is not denying any of Yoobin’s teasing anymore. Siyeon has been talking about how she likes Bora. Her voice, her flirty smirks, her amazing body. Siyeon is describing everything she witnessed in which Yoobin replies, “Too much information.” Siyeon regrets for not focusing at all during the performance and swears with her life she will be putting all her focus on Bora only, soon. Yoohyeon’s silence still bothers the out of Yoobin. So Yoobin prompts on the taller one with a question. “Hey Yooh, you are being unusual.” Yoobin finally speaks up. This gains Siyeon’s curiosity who also looks at Yoohyeon, eyes repeating Yoobin’s question. Yoohyeon realising the situation and there is no way for her to dodge the question, answers. “I think I may had met Kim Bora and Kim Minji before. Do you remember when I told you guys about my childhood friends, Sua and Jiu?” Yoohyeon is not really asking. “You think that’s them?” Yoobin cuts off. Yoohyeon nods, unveiling more of her secret. “So you want to become friends with them again but you’re afraid they don’t remember you?” Yoobin summarizes everything Yoohyeon tells them. “I know it’s a silly thing to be concerned about but they kind of hold a special place in my heart even until now.” Yoohyeon confessed. She is embarrassed to say something so cheesy in front of her friends so she looks anywhere in the kitchen but their eyes. But she is being sincere. “So what’s your plan?” Yoobin asks out of curiosity. The truth is she wants to help Yoohyeon. She knows Sua and Jiu or Bora and Minji were like a family and she wants Yoohyeon to have them back. “About that... I don’t mind on starting from the bottom with them but I kinda wanna see if they remember me so I’ve thinking...” Yoohyeon hesitantly asks, her fingernails scratching the back of her ear. She looks up to Yoobin who raises an eyebrow in anticipation. Yoohyeon sighs, this is her only chance. “If it is not too late, can I enrol in the dance club? I mean it’s okay if-” Yoohyeon is about to go rage of blabbering nonsense when Yoobin quickly cuts her off. “Sure, why not.” Yoobin replies in a heartbeat. Yoohyeon is in shock, her body literally freezes. She does not expect Yoobin to give an answer quickly and accept her just like that. Is she getting some sort of a special treatment from Yoobin? “But I am not sure about our President. So a little head up, you might be given a mission before being accepted. Besides, Visiting Day is just around the corner so you will feel slightly pressured. But don’t worry I will guide you through.” Yoobin smiles. It is that kind of smile reserved only for a few people. Yoohyeon is touched. She throws her body to engulf Yoobin in a big hug. “Thank you, thank you, thank you so much!” Yoohyeon is close to tearing up. Siyeon who is voiceless during the whole dramatic scene finally speaks up. Her head animatedly tilts to her right. “So Yooh, how was Bora when she was smaller?” She asks, her interest piqued. Both Yoobin and Yoohyeon roll their eyes to the dumb question. “Whipped. Why don’t you call Gahyeon and ask her how’s her day like you probably should have?” Yoohyeon playfully fires back a question. Siyeon eyes go twice as big, realising she has been neglecting her youngest sister existence. “Oh shoot! I gotta call her!” Siyeon scrambles around her seat before sprinting upstairs to get her phone, almost missing a few steps and tripping her way through the stairs.

Classes end early for today. Yoohyeon and Yoobin directly make ways to the dance club room. During the walk, Yoohyeon keeps playing on the hem of her cotton blazer. She would be lying if she says that she is not anxious. Yoobin keeps on patting on Yoohyeon’s back to reassure the poor nervous woman. As Yoohyeon steps a foot in, she is already being surrounded by Yoobin’s teammates. The dance club members are sitting in a circle, all eyes on Yoohyeon. It makes her uncomfortable to be center of attention. She is an outsider so it is fair enough everyone is looking at her as if she is unwelcomed. Yoobin takes the empty seat beside the club’s president, Byul E. The atmosphere is kind of uneasy and the longer Yoohyeon stays there, the more she is suffocating. “Yoobin told us about you. Kim Yoohyeon wasn’t it?” Byul E asks with a rather calm but reserved voice. Obviously they know her name. She is Yoobin’s closest friend after all. Yoohyeon nods to the question. She is obviously getting a bit too anxious with this. “Yoobin said you are not unfamiliar with dancing. That’s good but we are running out of time until the school festival and to re-coordinate the choreographies will take some time. That being said, I will let you join in right away but with one condition.” The president explains. It’s true, Yoohyeon used to dance along with Handong when they joined musicals back in China. But the level of difficulty is nowhere near Somnia High’s dance club’s. Gaining all her confidence, Yoohyeon replies, “I’m willing to take any challenges and make sure I will make it.” She is pretty damn sure her voice croaks a bit at the end but she pays no attention to it. A smile forms on Byul E’s face. Yoohyeon is not sure if that is associated with any bad or good intentions. “I like your spirit, very fitting for this team.” Byul E compliments the taller’s enthusiasm sincerely and Yoohyeon feels a small relief. “However, don’t let your hopes too high. Here’s your test. Listen carefully, although Yoobinie will lead you anyway.” Byul E playfully rolls her eyes at Yoobin’s direction before continuing in which Yoobin fires back with a teasing smirk. “Yoobin will teach you this choreo in which you have to perform for us tomorrow. Like I said, my vice president will guide you. I know this sounds crazy but you’re not a beginner and this choreo is only less than 2 minutes. What do you say?” Byul E finally reveals the mission that will determines whether Yoohyeon has the worth to be in the team and perform for the school festival or the other way round. Yoohyeon knows what she should be expecting and this is exactly it. They are not going easy on her. A two minutes song may not be a hassle to some but she knows it’s not an easy one, they are looking for the executions of every movements. They want you to at least be good. Despite how impossible it sounds and frightened she is, she is not planning out to back out anymore. “I accept the mission.” Yoohyeon voices with a sense of determination, eyes filled with a flaming passion. “Good, now everyone’s dismissed.” Byul E stands up thus followed by the others. Everyone is giving Yoohyeon words of encouragements and the last one to do so is Byul E herself. “I am looking forward on tomorrow and Yoob, make sure she kills it.” The president directs the last words to her vice. She is actually anticipating to see how tomorrow will turns out. Three of them are the last one to exit the room. When they step outside, Miss Kim who is sitting on a bench not far away from the door, stands up and goes to their direction. Everyone but Yoohyeon seems to not be bothered by the sudden appearance of the Sports teacher. Byul E is the first one to step in front, “Sorry, something came up. Let’s go.” She speaks up, signalling the teacher to walk with her. Miss Kim is a bit hesitant but complies to the younger anyway. Yoohyeon keeps on focusing her gaze on the walking women until they are no longer on her sight. She looks over to Yoobin only to find her friend unamused unlike her. “Let’s go, we only have this evening until night to learn.” Yoobin drags her taller friend by the hand. Yoohyeon is still appalled by the relationship between the two e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter