Chapter 5

My Cute Dongsaeng Or ...?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

|| CHAPTER 5: FINAL ||

 


"Jeonghan-ah..." Joshua calls again, asks Jeonghan to open up.

Jeonghan raises his head and looks at his roommate, he sighs before he tries to open his mouth, "I really don't need anyone to protect me, why can't he understand me?"

"Mingyu?" Joshua asked for a confirmation.

Jeonghan nods.

"What's really happened?" Joshua pulls his chair forward and sits fully on it.

"He snapped at me because I didn't tell him I went home last week and get this from my stepfather," Jeonghan points at his right shoulder, "He kept bringing up about he wants to protect me and when I told him I don't need that, he assumed I don't need him in my life."

"He's the one who saw your father beat you when you guys were child right?"

Jeonghan hums for the answer.

"I know you feel you can take care of yourself but please put yourself on his shoes a bit, I also feel I need to protect you from your stepfather but you insisted me to stay out from this since this is your family matter, as much as you know how I want to drag you to the police station to report your stepfather can you imagine how Mingyu might feel right now? He saw you were getting hit by that man when he just six years old, and you told me he was growing up become someone who are protective toward people around him because of you, how can he stay still when you, the person he loves hurt like this? Can you imagine the guilt of cannot do anything to help you from he was child till now?" said Joshua softly, he knows Jeonghan would never accept anyone help but he needs to make Jeonghan understand, they really care about him.

"I really can endure it, I am grown up man now Joshua!"

"Jeonghan, I know you can, I clearly know about that but—please understand us just a little bit, Mingyu and I just don't want to see you in pain, it breaks my heart to see you like this, just imagine how Mingyu might feel right now? You two were looking for each other for years, I know you love him and there's no doubt he also loves you, don't make him feel like you don't need him," advised Joshua.

Jeonghan bites his lips, "I didn't say anything about I don't need him, he just jump into conclusion and leave me, I really love him though."

"So tell him you need him, you rejected his protection somehow look like you say you don't need him, I'm sure he cares a lot about you Jeonghan, that's why he mad, don't you remember how mad was I when you told me to stay out from this matter?"

"Yeah I remember," answered Jeonghan softly.

"So, I hope you could tell how Mingyu feels, and don't forget he also carries the guilt of could not helping you and hatred against your stepfather since he was child, I swear I really want to beat your stepfather if I ever meeting him, he maybe feel worse than me," Joshua pauses, "Also..."

"Also what?"

"I think he might feel hopeless since he is helping and stop others from getting bullied but he couldn't do anything to help toward his loved one, you."

Jeonghan looks at Joshua, he just realized why Mingyu is angry. He never understand why Mingyu wants to protect him so bad before but Joshua's explanation opens his eyes, even though he still refuse the idea of Mingyu to protect him but he understand now Mingyu really loves him, that's what made Mingyu snapped at him the other day.

Joshua slides Jeonghan's phone on the table toward him. "Call him, I know you miss him a lot."

"How did you know?"

"What else do you need? You even turned down your most favourite food, of course it's him what you need, right?"

Jeonghan smiles softly towards Joshua, he reaches for his phone but suddenly his phone rings, surprises the both of them.

"It's Mingyu!" said Jeonghan, he couldn't believe with what he see.

Joshua still shocks but at the same time he's amazed, "Do you guys have a telepathy or something?"

Jeonghan giggles before he picks up the call.

"Hello."

"Now? Where?"

"Okay."

"Mingyu is here, he wants to meet me," Jeonghan tells Joshua as soon as he ended the call.

"What are you waiting for? Go faster~ and make sure you tell him what you want," told Joshua.

Jeonghan smiles and quickly gets up from his chair. Before he steps outside he turns back, "Thanks a lot!"

"No problem friend! Please be happy," Joshua smiles.

.
.
.
.

Mingyu can see Jeonghan is walking toward him and he slowly takes a few steps forward. As soon as they reach in front of each other Mingyu brings Jeonghan carefully into his arm, worry his act might hurt Jeonghan's shoulder more.

"I'm sorry," they speak at the same time before they release their hold from each other.

Mingyu and Jeonghan's gaze meet. They could see how much they miss each other and they form smiles on their face.

"Let's go somewhere," suggested Mingyu.

Mingyu immediately hails a taxi using kakao taxi apps after get an agreement from Jeonghan.

As soon as the taxi arrived which took only a few minutes, Mingyu reaches for Jeonghan's hand and get into the taxi. All along the journey, neither Mingyu nor Jeonghan starts the conversation. Both of them lost in their own thought; finding the right word to relay their feeling later.

The taxi stops in front of the Anguk Subway Station as Mingyu's choice in the apps. Both of them get out from the taxi and walk slowly side by side. Jeonghan only following Mingyu's step until Mingyu stops in front of a white building, Noble Hotel in Jongno-gu. Jeonghan turns his head to Mingyu, waiting for an answer.

"I don't want anyone to interrupt us," said Mingyu, "We can find other places if you think--"

"No, it's okay, let's go inside," replied Jeonghan, he also want to have a long and deep conversation with Mingyu without interruption from others.

They walk into the room, a small room with minimalist furniture; one queen bed with white bedsheet and duvet, a minimal dresser also a chair with a small round table.

Jeonghan takes a seat on the bed and followed by Mingyu.

"We have a lot to talk," Mingyu starts.

Jeonghan nods agree.

Mingyu reaches for Jeonghan's hand and hold them tightly.

"I'm really sorry for getting mad at you without taking your feelings into consideration," said Mingyu.

"I'm sorry too, I should understand you better," replied Jeonghan.

"When you said you don't need the protection from me, I just feel like you don't need me in your life, hyung," said Mingyu.

"How could I? I need you the most in this world, I-I just feel I am the one who should protect you but..."

"Hyung, can we just protect each other? How much you want to protect and take care of me just like old days, I feel the same, I don't want you to get hurt, I don't want you to cry, it breaks my heart hyung to see you in pain," Mingyu caresses Jeonghan's cheek, "If I can take your pain, I will take it so you no longer need to feel that."

"You really love me that much?" asked Jeonghan, feels touched.

Mingyu nods a few times. "From the beginning but now—" Mingyu takes a deep breath, "I love you, I want you not as my hyung but—it's okay if you don't feel the same, I understand. Just stay beside me like before," Mingyu confessed.

Jeonghan startles, Mingyu's confession makes his heart skipped a beat and he cou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter