Unwanted Rescue

My Good Luck Charm

ONE

"Our time's up then I guess, maybe come find me after-" And then Jihoon was being kissed, full on the mouth, him reaching up on tiptoes, bending and dipping at the waist-style kissed by Captain Choi Seungcheol as the crowd once more blossomed into a deafening cheer, like some dumb, ty scene from a teenage rom-com.

So what in the actual was happening to him right now? There's no way this was actually happening right? This was all a joke, like it was going to be the best worst ever punked moment to date with camera crews and that dumb guy popping out at any second, right? No? Okay, scratch that then, maybe this was just an alarmingly real daydream, and he was going to pinch himself to wake up and he'd snap out of this. 

But that wasn't working either. His hands weren't his to control anymore, they were already far too preoccupied with clutching desperately at the damp but warm fabric of the uniform. His body pressing itself tightly against that sheer wall of muscle, no, not pressing, more like melting, maybe even borderline swooning for sake as large hands spanned over the contours of his waist and Jihoon just gave himself over to the kiss.

If this was a daydream and he was about to wake up from having passed of with shock at the utter mortification of propositioning his idol moments after his date got dragged away by security then he was going to ing enjoy it. Not that he ever would have been able to fight against the urge to follow those plush lips as they drew back from him, his own hands now sliding up over that marvel of a body until they found purchase in the other's thick hair to tug the other back down.

As he tightened his grip he was rewarded with a sharp exhale that morphed into a drawn out groan, but Jihoon couldn't focus for long enough to commit that sound to memory as bright lights of flashing cameras immediately blinded him and he began to realise that no, funnily enough, this was not a dream. Seungcheol on the other hand seemed to have already caught up with the program and was closing his eyes in preparation on the coming onslaught and remained that way for a brief second before he opened them and spoke, "- , oh , I'm dead, I'm so dead, you're literally gonna be the death of me, I'm gonna be in so much trouble." 

What... the ...just happened? "What- uh, um...what just?..."

*

 January 25th, A few hours earlier

Jihoon knew in the very depths of his miserable soul that sometimes no matter what you did or how you begged there were just days like this, and that everyone had them too, where nothing would go right and nearly everything that could go wrong did. But why in the name of all that was good in this world- admittedly a short list in his pessimistic opinion, did it have to be today?

That delightful little train of thought was quickly abandoned though in favour of wildly charging around his bedroom, and he could have honestly sworn there was some ill fated game-show countdown music sounding from somewhere within their apartment. And there was no doubt in hell that it wasn't in fact resonating from Seungkwan's laptop while the male in question uselessly tried to stifle his laughter from somewhere in the lounge area.

The idiot was so incredibly lucky that Jihoon had grown up with him and was remotely attached by this point. But he was, by no means in the slightest, too attached and too passive not firmly smack Seungkwan upside the head as he walked through the living room on his quest for his wallet. He might as well make the most of his time while he was there after all, if he was gonna stress about being late and Seungkwan wouldn't help him look for things then the idiot naturally had to suffer some other way.

Realistically however he didn't have much spare time to play into Seungkwan's antics, Jihoon wasn't even fully dressed yet, still only halfway through getting out of outfit attempt number one, let alone figuring out what outfit number two was going to consist of. Truthfully the entire day had begun to feel like he was fighting tooth and nail just to get to the end of it. The small apartment they shared now seemed massive and an entirely foreign place as he searched and hunted for various things, seriously regretting that he hadn't used the peaceful start to the day to tidy the place up.

Simultaneously also regretting their open closet policy where they could borrow anything the other had because they were practically identical in terms of sizes. Jihoon intended to use it to monopolise on Seungkwan's generally better fashion sense and his far superior skincare products but in the end it only served to give him more suffering.

It never occurred to him just how messy the other was and the chaos this sharing policy would create, growing up together they had spent weeks away on joint family holidays but this particularly fun little fact about the other hadn't reared it's ugly head until they were comfortably living together for their second year of university. Seungkwan just seemed to hoard random things for absolutely no reason, from magazines, or leaflets, or books, even receipts and any gum or sweet wrappers that he thought were cute, and papers from their classes too, all mixed in with almost bundles of a blend of their clothes or other possessions stacked in the most random of places. But the mess was the last thing he needed to be stressing about twenty minutes before the dreaded big date, with every little thing adding up into this building crescendo of ups throughout the day Jihoon knew he needed to step back from it all or he'd be a grumpy for the entire night.

The morning had been surprisingly decent enough, Seungkwan had been unusually quiet when leaving for his early class so Jihoon was instead awoken by the sunlight streaming in at around nine instead of seven when his roommate usually first crawled from their pit. Glancing down with bleary eyes to he was pleasantly surprised to see that he'd remembered to plug in both his phone and laptop before he conked out last night too. Even as he slid the soft sheets further down until they pooled at the bottom of the bed there wasn't too much of a chill in the air.

So far everything had been going alarmingly well. Being university students in their second year meant the instant winter was somewhat over in late February they no longer bothered to turn the heating on to save what precious money they had. However thanks to the wonderful predictability of the weather the temperatures did not climb as quickly as they had hoped meaning that in most mornings as feet brushed freezing wooden floors a shriek would always have to be fought to be suppressed. But that morning had been just right, warm enough to roam the flat in just his bed shirt and underwear as he sat and ate breakfast without a care.

He didn't have any classes that day, nor did he have any errands or food shopping to do, so he just had to endure a four maybe five hour shift at the local cafe and he'd be back home. Should be easy enough, work was never enjoyable but that's just what work was and by now he'd been working there for a good while so it was doubtful there would be any nasty surprises regarding that. And that was where Jihoon was oh so very mistaken.

Work had been about as bad as it could be, someone had called in sick which was the start of the downward spiral, then one of the coffee machines broke and they progressively ran out of various ingredients throughout the day. Meaning Jihoon was the one that had to deal with s that were ridiculously pissed off at their lack of almond milk and rainbow sprinkles all day. While he did respect peoples dietary choices so many of them just accused him of never having it in the first place and that he was lying to cover his , and this was all day too.

Namely as he was stuck taking over for the terribly ill Roger's usual job of running the till and taking orders for his entire shift. Jihoon was just not that much of a people person, he'd normally do two hours or so at the front of house but truthfully he'd much rather be preparing the drinks or helping bake the desserts in the back. But instead he was stuck on the till for an entire five and a half hours as the next set of people coming in to relieve the day staff were all travelling in the same car meaning they were all stuck in traffic. Because of course coming in the same car during the work leaving traffic rush was the smartest idea ever. Jihoon was betting they were still hungover too, and that he'd be able to smell the fast food grease on them the minute they came through to the backroom too which was undoubtedly the real reason they were late.

Leaving work in itself was a mission as well, his pay hadn't come through on time again meaning he had to sit down with his boss and explain that it was the third time in a row it was a week or more late. He didn't even care that much that it was late, he wasn't short on rent or anything he just needed the regularity of a paycheck coming in at the same time. Then it had begun lightly raining off and on as he trudged on home seeing as his bus was just coincidentally delayed thanks for that one universe, or whatever, fate or some . Jihoon just couldn't risk it waiting and therefore wasting anymore precious time as his date was supposed to be picking him up at around seven. Leaving him two ish hours total to get home, get changed, grab something to eat, and then get out the door.

All in all, that blissful morning felt like it was a world away and had just been a cosmic set-up from the universe to lull him into a false sense of security for the absolute ery that the rest of his day would become. But none of that mattered anymore, he was heading to his absolute favourite place this evening for his date and nothing could ever up his day so badly that he wouldn't be able to enjoy the chills and thrills it provided.

Truthfully it had been Jihoon's idea to watch a hockey match as their first date, and despite what Seungkwan said it really wasn't that bad of an idea to him. But the first hurdle he had to face, which had subsequently eaten about fourty minutes of his time, was that he had no idea how to dress for a date that was happening at a hockey match? If he turned up in trainers and a hoodie he'd look like a total to his date, and if he turned up in formal wear he'd look like a to everyone in the audience. Although people did often come to the matches straight from their office jobs in slacks and a blazer but that seemed like it had a whole different energy.

Even as he had been parading in front of the full body mirror propped up against his bedroom wall in the third outfit combination of the night he was yet again at a total loss. He was steadfastly still refusing to call Seungkwan in to help him though, unable to tolerate the teasing that it would result in. In the end Jihoon went with a mishmash of pieces from various outfits he had tried so far.

The shirt was both a gift and from the first outfit combination he tested out, a silky feeling button down in a deep navy blue with a design of messily 'sketched' flowers in vivid colours covering it. The borderline plunging aspect of the deep V-neck did make him a little uneasy but it was a date after all and it did show off smooth skin and prominent collarbones. Plus he was sure Seungkwan would throw a layered or dainty necklace his way before he got out the door to complete the look and make his chest a little less blatantly exposed. Alongside some earrings hopefully if the other was feeling generous.

He'd paired it with black ripped skinny jeans and a chunky belt, namely his least faded and frayed pair so hopefully it didn't look too casual and that would be the look would be completed save whatever jacket he grabbed on the way out by the front door but for now he was relatively happy with his appearance. Thankfully just in time too as his phone screen was lighting up with a tinder notification, from mister 'Oliver' himself telling Jihoon quite bluntly that he was waiting outside in his car for the other to get downstairs. Great start.

With timid steps he finally ventured back into the living room to see if Seungkwan approved of his outfit choice, not like it mattered that much what the other thought, it was just completely life or death and he'd turn tail and scream in frustration if the other gave his choice a no. So not that much at all.

"So...?" He paused afterwards giving a brief twirl. "What do you think? Is it, like is this good? Does it look good? He's like, um, kinda handsome, like he looks good but not that good if you get me? Cute not hot? But yeah like so I wanna look good, but, but we're still going to the hockey match- don't give me that look he seemed to really like the idea! But yeah, its not too much is it?" he rambled, sliding a ring off and on his pinky finger with nerves as he spoke. The nerves only skyrocketed when Seungkwan started sniggering.

"Would you just calm down already, this is your third first date in two months so just chill out and turn it down a notch, this is clearly nothing you haven't done before. You look great Ji, I'm actually really proud that you picked this out all by yourself, my baby is growing up and finally getting a fashion sense!" Seungkwan cooed, laughing at the way Jihoon's nose scrunched in disgust at his condescending tone, "seriously Ji you look great, so go get him!"

"Really?" Jihoon honestly felt a breath of relief rush out of him as he messaged the other back saying he was on his way and begun lacing up his shoes.

"Yes really! So go, I expect all the details when you come home- if you come home even," grinning as he spoke Seungkwan teased the other from beneath the blankets on the sofa and feebly tried to dodge whatever came flying his way in response.

Fingertips met the cold metal of the door handle as Jihoon called out over his shoulder, "Oh gross man, he's not that cute, but like thanks Kwan- you're still not allowed to blame the hockey if this date goes wrong though!" Even with the front door closed and his trainers thudding as he flew down the stairs Jihoon could still hear Seungkwan's screech of disagreement.

*

Well- . Jihoon could practically hear the sing-songing 'I told you so!' coming from Seungkwan as he shifted uncomfortably in the hard plastic seat. Because by god, going to a hockey game was quite possibly the worst date idea Jihoon himself specifically could have chosen. Because unlike the other two failed first dates where he could fake an emergency and duck out of there, after paying his half of the bill of course he wasn't a dating conman like Seungkwan, Jihoon really didn't want to leave this one. No matter how much of a this guy was, and oh boy he was one, Jihoon couldn't bring himself to leave and miss the match.

Ever since he was a kid he had loved ice hockey, he'd even played in a club at his local rink as a kid and later on switched to field hockey in high school to play on the school team. Jihoon's dad both loved and played it as well, and truthfully that wasn't even his motivation to take it up, he did genuinely just love the sport. Though unfortunately he was definitely not what he once was as a kid on the ice, getting back up after really biting it and going over tit was much harder when you weren't seven and made of indestructible rubber.

The love he felt for the sport was still there though even though he no longer got to play, he always kept up with the teams they supported as a family but truly the Thundering Hounds were his personal favourite team. And it was beginning to look like he might not even get to see them play, as in the mere twenty five minutes it took to drive here, and the ten or so it took to get in and seated the urge to smack the other was already there.

Oliver seemed perfectly fine through their conversations on tinder, a bit cheeky and sarcastic but Jihoon was even worse so it wasn't about that, but in person there were just so many red flags appearing in that mere half and hour or so alone. In isolation each of them was kinda acceptable, like he would silently judge him of course but still move on with the date, but with this many that wasn't really possible.

In a mere thirty minutes he'd manged to mention his ex, a red flag, confessed he has a terrible relationship with his mother for seemingly no explicit reason, another red flag, all his exes are mysteriously women and is saying how he just wants to move onto other things and 'experiment', sort of questionable red flag, bragged about how much he earns, weird-flex red flag, mentioned Jihoon's height, oh boy red flag, and his weight, big fat red flag.

Truly he had never met someone more in love with themselves either. And not even in the healthy self confidence type of way, in the arrogant 'I'm better, richer, smarter, and more attractive than you' vibe. Plus, it was a sensitive topic with lots of people, and everyone was entitled to their own space and time on their own journey, but there was no two ways about it, it didn't seem like Oliver was 'out' for lack of better word.

That or he was ashamed to be seen with Jihoon specifically and he wasn't sure which was worse. And Jihoon really didn't know how to address it or explain why, but whenever Jihoon flirted or touched him he'd immediately look around to almost check if anyone saw. He never stood that close to him, or like looked at him in any way that wasn't a fleeting or friendly glance. It really just felt like they were two friends, and admittedly that might be because Jihoon really felt a lack of a spark between the two of them but he was the only one sort of initiating anything so he could hardly be blamed.

And that might just explain why Oliver had been so happy for this as a first date rather than dinner, as this was a much friendlier and more casual environment. No one would assume anything about them here, and to think Jihoon thought he'd actually found someone that shared some interests with him for once. But he still just wasn't sure, why even agree to a public date if he was scared of being judged or something?

It was perfectly fine if Oliver was new to all this and was still nervous and unsure because everyone went through that when they first came out. But Jihoon would have much rather explicitly been told this. He wasn't much of a guy for PDA himself, but there was a difference between sitting comfortably together while not being all over each other compared to it being unnaturally tense and having Oliver almost flinch every time Jihoon tried anything or even moved an inch closer.

It just irritated Jihoon, more as an issue within himself than one Oliver was deliberately causing, it made him feel like he was some kind of experiment to the other. He doubted it was intentional on Oliver's behalf but he seriously didn't like feeling shunned by his date, combined with the holier than thou aura to the guy it really was just rubbing Jihoon the wrong way. Making him feel ten types of insecure all at once, and none of them were needed after the day he had endured.

He could barely get a word in edge ways regardless to see if once they got to know each other that Oliver would ease up a bit. Maybe even look less scared that the two of them were about to get heckled and booed, which admittedly wasn't exactly an inaccurate fear to have per say but the whole situation still just felt really off. And now the prick was showing his true colours as a self-centered prick too.

All the guy could talk about was himself and it was driving Jihoon insane, to the point where he wasn't even going to put in any effort. As far as he was concerned the date was now officially over, he was just going to sit here and watch the game once it started and throw the odd vague response of 'oh really?', 'mhmm yeah that's great, good for you', 'yeah yeah keep going' Oliver's way just to appease him. Though Jihoon doubted that the other would even notice, he could probably get his phone out and start swiping on tinder again to find his next guy and the other would still keep talking about his family's chalet in France.

-"And here come the Thundering Hounds! Tearing up the ice and leaving sparks in their wake! Their caption Choi Seungcheol looking as if he's back to peak condition after last seasons injury, always a welcome sight to see for us fans but not so much for the Tiger Sharks!" The commentator's voice rang out throughout the stadium, finally giving Jihoon's ears a chance to focus on something other than Oliver's annoyingly deep voice. The guy was totally a but he was still nice to look at and vaguely listen to in a sort of background music type way.

But none of that mattered either way, now he could just sit back, tune the other out, and watch the game. He'd told Oliver how much he loved hockey so the other hopefully wouldn't be offended when Jihoon flat out ignored him in favour of watching the brutality unfold. He couldn't help but agree with the commentator though, Choi Seungcheol in peak form- hell in any shape, form, or degree was more than just a welcome sight.

The captain was one of the youngest around, just a few years Jihoon's senior but it truly made all the difference, Jihoon was nearing twenty-one himself, so basically a fully fledged adult technically but god that Seungcheol guy was just the definition of a man. Jihoon remembered having a conversation with Seungkwan a few nights ago about when it actually is that you start looking like an adult instead of a teenager, like when was the literal tipping point so they could both stop getting carded for watching R15's at the cinema.

Jihoon knew though that he'd never quite look like that, but he supposed it was only natural that hockey players had to be relatively big and bulky. The man in question was still tearing up the ice in such a violent manner even now as him and his team were simply doing some warm up exercises and welcome laps to greet the fans. The way he moved and lunged, throwing his whole weight behind each skate should have made it look clumsy but the player was fully in control. It looked graceful almost, complete precision and control with every movement, Jihoon didn't think it was possible to be attracted to the way someone moved while skating but here he was. Learning something new everyday and all that.

Though it seemed him poor little dirty mind was dragged away from that glorious rabbit hole of mental imagery by Oliver tugging on his arm insistently. "-ey! Hey! Are you even listening to me?" Jihoon rolled his eyes at this, wishing he had the balls heart to just outright tell the other no and to make him leave, but realistically he could just choose to be the bigger person and not publicly embarrass the other. "No no, I am listening, I'm not ignoring you I promise Oliver, I did try and warn you about how zoned out I get when it comes to hockey."

"Yeah but I thought you'd listen to me, I'm more important than some game you can watch on TV later. Besides, I thought you said you loved swimming not hockey?"

"Uh, no I really don't-"

-"No, no wait, you totally do! You said you grew up right near the beach with your sister so you went swimming every day and that you've been competing since sometime in high school! See, I listen, unlike yourself!" the idiot announced smugly, bulldozing on even as Jihoon's face screwed up tighter and tighter with each dumb statement.

Well, ouch, that ing hurts. "Nope, you've really got the wrong person there, not even the slightest bit of that is about me Oliver, you must be thinking of someone else. I don't have a sister, I didn't grow up by the- I haven't even been to the beach in years let alone a swimming pool- I didn't know how to swim without floaties until I was in my first year of high school," Jihoon ground out, the tension between the two of them rising as he realised Oliver must either be seriously talking to or going on dates with someone else, or he just viewed Jihoon as some pathetic thing not even worth the common courtesy of listening to.

Although that last suspicion was a little hypocritical on his part, but oh it, his was justified. Even the group of high school girls behind them seemed to wince and share the look of 'oh he done ed up now'.

"Oh...well, sorry, a lot has been going on lately, I think I was confusing you with someone else I've been talking to- yeah a friend! My friend, uh my own friend Jihoon, so, same name y'know, honest mistake."

At least the had the decency to look embarrassed as they sat there in painful silence until the buzzer's sounded, though his peace didn't really last for long as he was then regaling other times where his 'silly memory' had failed him and landed him in hot water. The first half of the match had already finished and Jihoon had barely been able to watch any of it between the human jukebox of useless anecdotes beside him and the painful tension snaking around his ankles and leaving him panicking internally beyond belief.

Was it too late to text Seungkwan for an emergency escape plan? At this point his pride could definitely take the hit if it meant leaving here- but, that would mean actually leaving here and missing the match. Right now the mascots were coming out onto the ice and into the stands to keep the audience entertained while the athletes took their break, plus it seemed like something had been spilled on the ice so it'd be a longer interval between halves than usual.

So Jihoon was just gonna be stuck listening to this go on and on and he honestly could not be bothered to pretend to care about anymore, it was pure torture, it was coming close to ruining the one un-ruinable thing in his life, and he'd be long dead before he let that happen. "Listen, jus- just- Oliver, stop for just a- Oliver!" Getting the other to stop talking was honestly like pulling teeth. "Right, this is nothing against you, you're, um, you're, wonderful, yeah, you're a great guy-" It truly, genuinely hurt Jihoon somewhere deep down to force that bull out, -"but I'm just not feeling this, I know you aren't either, I've got absolutely nothing against you, you didn't do anything wrong, I just don't want to waste anymore of you time and, and I always want to be honest in situations like this."

"...What- what did you just say?" There was an almost purpling rage overtaking Oliver's face as the other's focus shifted between Jihoon and the jumbotron above them.

"I can find my own way home!" he squeaked out, "you can just go if you like, I'm sorry if that's not what you wanted to here but honesty is the best policy and all that!"

"You've got to be ing kidding me! I came on this date because I was bored, I'm not even interested in you! And you, think you can- can dump me? Me?!"

Oh boy, oh boy. But the ranting didn't stop there, as Jihoon finally acknowledged the sheer number of people staring at them, pointing, whispering, all mirroring his own pained expression of just 'what the actual do I do in this situation'.

"Who the do you think you are? I'm clearly so far out of your league that this-" gesturing to himself in all of his supposed glory Oliver then continued on with, "-this is the best someone like you would ever ing get. This is just not happening, and- and you decide to dump me the minute that dumb camera thing is on us, for real?! ing move you ! No- No, I'm not going anywhere, this isn't happening, you think you can do this to me, me, on live TV, and think I'll just roll over and take it!"

Again, well- .

For once, Oliver actually delivered on his promise, and for the next few minutes the two of them sat there in largely the most painful silence Jihoon and probably the surrounding dozen people had ever experienced, all of them sitting up rigidly in their seats with eyes forward probably all hoping something along the lines of 'maybe if we just stay still and don't say anything he'll leave?'. Though he did kind of want to tell Oliver that the camera did just pan across the crowds during the intermissions but the other deserved to think he got dumped on live television.

Especially for throwing in the odd little burst the other had largely of a round of mumbling under his breath to himself in indignation that served to remind Jihoon so helpfully of how unattractive he was in real life, how unappealing his height was, and how if he just smiled and bothered to give his date the attention they deserved that he might actually end up getting some. What the actual do I do? - what do I do? He's a ing psychopath, if I say something back like what if he just snaps and like ing hits me or stabs me? What do I do?! Jihoon's thoughts were going about a mile a minute but none of it helped, he wasn't coming any closer to figuring out how to handle this.

He really would have liked to tear this a new one and just scream back at him until they were both blue in the face, but he really didn't want to get kicked out and banned from the place. He didn't want to try and placate the other and give in for lack of better word because Jihoon would just feel like a coward, plus agreeing with the bastard would do some serious damage to his already teetering self confidence levels at that moment.

So he was at a total loss, completely clueless as he kept wide eyes fixated on the empty ice, just waiting desperately for the game to start again to provide some kind of distraction. At least once the game started everyone would stop staring at them, because Jesus Christ it seemed like literally everyone was staring at them. The only people that weren't wrenched around in their seats were the fans seated on the opposite side of the rink that were fixedly staring at the jumbotron before pointing at the general section Jihoon was seated in.

And that's when it hit finally landed home, the look of mortified realisation being played in a comical loop when it finally dawned upon him that Oliver and himself were on the jumbotron again for the overly Americanised tradition of the KissCam. Oh no no n- The alarming shade of red that his face had turned was seemingly confirming it to the rest of the audience that wasn't in ear shot of their little lovers spat that the two of them were actually on a date. The instant bloom of "Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!" being chanted was making his stomach turn, mostly out of fear for what the other would do. Though it seemed like he wouldn't have to ponder on that question for long.

"No no! You've got it wrong!" Jihoon's date shouted, purposefully projecting his voice with a worrying smugness in his tone that made Jihoon squirm out of sheer panic. "Turn it off, we just broke up- I just dumped him! Who could even kiss him anyways right?!" The crowd seemed to be torn between awkward laughter and the other half outright booing at him in outrage, but Jihoon couldn't take it anymore. At least with the crowd watching and the camera still pointed at them he could press charges if the other turned and hit him or something equally as stupid.

"Would you just shut your goddamn mouth for two seconds, please! You self absorbed prick, there is no breakup, we're not together, this is a first date that went badly and, like an adult, I tried to talk it out with you so we were on the same page but no! You're too concerned with protecting your ego to listen to me!" Jihoon shouted, spurred on by the people nodding in his immediate vicinity confirming it as the truth despite the vague splutters he got in protest.

Turning back around he too tried to yell to any of the staff within earshot to "Just turn it off! You're only feeding this 's ego by giving him attention!" But the camera angle still didn't budge, and some tech assistant had appeared in the vicinity with a microphone at this point. "Hey, time to move on!" Jihoon yelled, finding the camera still pointed at them, then continuing with, "I am not kissing this creep! Find someone else!" Jihoon immediately sunk back into his seat with a quivering breath of relief, feeling his shoulders drop by inches as he finally relaxed for a few seconds. But a mere single moment, maybe more maybe less, were all that he was allowed.

"You're such an , no wonder someone as horrid is you is single-"

"Seriously! Just back the off! Why are you still here?" Jihoon seethed, more than pissed off with the whole thing by this. "And why are you filming us again!" this time his voice trailed off into a sort of pained laughter as his hands scrubbed over his face, mussing his hair as they did so. "I'm not kissing him, and he's leaving so there's no more drama here, move along!" He called out again but the camera guy didn't budge this time, so with a twisted sense of hope he called out "fine! Will anybody else kiss me then?" The crowd only cheered in response the growing laughter shrinking the fire in Oliver's eye when Jihoon's gaze met his; he'd had enough of this idiot acting all big. "It's a kiss cam after all! And I'm certainly not kissing him!" Jihoon threw a thumb over his shoulder at the shrinking form of Oliver in the seat next to him who for the first time in about two hours was fully quiet.

He stood waiting, smiling at the camera out of somewhat awkwardness before a few wolf whistles sounded throughout the stadium. Which unfortunately meant that the camera guy was staying firmly fixed where he was, but it seemed Jihoon would only have to hold out for a few moments as the cleaners were leaving the rink meaning the game would start up soon. "Does no one want to give me a kiss? It'll save us all from this train wreck of a kiss cam if someone just steps up!" Again only laughter in response sounded and a few more catcalls, some yelling they volunteered but no one made a physical move therefore the camera man didn't either. "One in three, maybe five guys is gay! I know the statistics, I know you're out there- mmpf! Wait- wait, what the !"

It was a complete shock to the system when a solid mass of padding and fur landed harshly on both of his cheeks, large paws clumsily holding him in half hugs as both of the mascots seemed to have charged up the stairs to him to vaguely attempt to 'kiss him' with the mascot heads but it kind of looked more as if he ws getting eaten alive by the gaping jaws.

Peals of laughter erupted around them, the rising volume only escalating when the mascots launched themselves at Oliver doing a similar treatment. But Oliver didn't seem so happy about the admittedly embarrassing situation unfolding and promptly stood to take a swing at one of the mascots. The Thundering Hound's mascot was the closest and the intended target but the wearer of the costume managed to dodge just in time. Unfortunately the momentum Oliver had built up carried the punch forward until it collided with the high point of Jihoon's right cheekbone.

ing called it, knew it'd end up with this psycho taking a swing at me he thought bitterly as he cradled his throbbing cheek. By now the Thundering Hound's mascot was sort of wrestling with Oliver who was unfortunately winning considering all the extra padding the other guy had to contend with so you couldn't blame the poor guy it couldn't exactly be easy to maneuver yourself in a suit like that. But the commotion coupled with the fact that it was still being filmed was bound to attract security sometime soon.

"-ing get off me! This is all your fault! If you hadn't have been such an uptight prick to me, for no reason I might add, none of this would have happened, we would have just got to here, seen ourselves up there, kissed or not kissed and- and moved on and left! All this would never have happened, it's all your fault!" Oliver spat at Jihoon who was half hiding behind the opposing teams mascot and feeling oddly traitorous as he did so. All he wanted to do right now was go home, not only was the actual camera man recording it all but the audience was as well, everyone had a phone out and aimed at them but no one was helping the mascot restrain Oliver.

This footage was going to end up everywhere, god it was going to go viral, Jihoon could never go to work again, he could never show his face in class again. The feeling of utter mortification was setting in and when it combined with all the things Oliver had degraded him with that night he couldn't fight the tears of frustration beginning to well in his eyes. All of this because Jihoon tried to let the guy down gently and not lead him on, all of this over a ing failed first date. Though the only positive out of this was that Jihoon had clearly dodged a bullet there because who knows what on earth would have happened if he had gotten back into this psychopath's car.

Oliver was almost unrecognisable at this point. His once styled back black hair was ruined, falling over his forehead in thin strands, red blotches littered his once relatively handsome face and the look of pure rage in his features twisted them into something ugly. His jumper now looked stretched at the neck, and the stiff fabric was actually holding the shape of when it had been previously fisted during the fight.

His clothes were covered in drinks and food that had been thrown at him, plus the grime covering his knees of being dragged on the floor when he briefly slipped and dragged the mascot down with him. This man was no longer the person Jihhon started talking to a few weeks ago, he was nothing like the kind and funny stranger that had once charmed him. It was so bizarre to think that they were the same person.

"Don't even know why I came! You're- you're not worth any of this, or my time, and, and I shouldn't have ever even considered being with you, good luck ever finding someone for the kiss cam you !" Oliver forced out smugly, despite how he fighting uselessly against the mascot that had finally managed to restrain him. At that point the stress of the situation overwhelmed him, all the people screaming and laughing, the s filming him, the mass of security guards that were swarming around him now became too much.

He just wanted to shut everything out, close his eyes and wake up at home having slept through the date in it's entirety or something. It truly did feel possible, this whole evening had turned into a nightmare, as he closed his eyes snippets of the evening played over and over.

"ing waste of my time, don't even know why I came, you aren't worth all this bull in the slightest-" Oliver yelled again as he was dragged away while Jihoon still stood frozen uselessly in the middle of the stairs between rows.

"-ey, hey, that's ing enough man, why have you gotta be like this? Security! Hey, we're over here, security!" the muffled voice trailed off as Oliver was dragged away and Jihoon couldn't help but just stand there in shock, cheek still stinging as a few tears ran across it in a weird mix of embarrassment and laughter.

"Hey what the is going on here, who the is holding up the start, I've got a game to win here," a different voice boomed up the stairs from somewhere behind Jihoon, approaching fast with thudding steps. "Hang on, what the hell happened- woah buddy, you okay?"

Choi Seungcheol's, the captain, the pack leader of the Thundering Hounds, number four of the top twenty under twenty to watch, his face, his actual in real life not through a TV screen or from like twenty feet away face had appeared in Jihoon's peripheral, at least he's pretty sure it had, everything was getting kind of blurry again. A gloved hand resting on his shoulder attempting to get Jihoon to face him or something but all he could do was stare at the still snarling and retreating form of Oliver reliving the sheer embarrassment of the last fifteen or so minutes of his life.

Those warm brown eyes were in front of him now, burning with an intensity Jihoon only thought possible while he was on the ice. And all they were focusing on was him. Holding Jihoon's gaze, following the tracks of his fallen tears before zeroing in on what must be the beginning of a bruise on his cheek. Seungcheol was panting like he'd just run up here, the warm breath fanning over Jihoon's face as he continued to stare up at him in confusion. The broad expanse of the other's body was blocking out the dwindling sight of Oliver completely, still adorning most of his typical game uniform so Jihoon could smell a mixture of faint sweat and metal, like blood and steel in one.

The other had forgone his skates, wearing only socks as Jihoon trailed his eyes up and down the other's body, apparently now ditching the gloves too and tucking them under his arm as he suddenly became aware of a warm and calloused hand on his upper arm. Meanwhile the other hand feeling so perfectly at home placed on the nape of his neck. And all he could do was stare.

The star player of the team, the captain, Choi Seungcheol was stood directly in front of Jihoon and all he could do was blush furiously under the other's gaze. The entire world fell away and a rising sense of panic filled him, the need to escape and flee like a cornered animal was overpowering. But he couldn't move, suddenly feeling like Seungcheol was the predator and he should just lie perfectly still belly up and neck bared in surrender. This man truly felt like being in the presence of a beast, the journalists were not wrong with that one. The combination of his pounding heart and a ringing in his ears meant Jihoon couldn't hear a damn thing anymore, he'd peaced out of his own consciousness for a little while.

 

"Hey, are you okay? Who's that guy? Is that your friend- wait, god what happened to your face- okay maybe not you're friend, what happened?" Seunghceol tried to ask once more, staring down at those big vacant eyes, and watching them blink away tears was his only response. He let out a slow breath and tried to stop himself from getting irritated, sure he was super pumped for the game but something had clearly happened and he didn't really want to be a for no reason.

He turned to the crowd around him and saw the opposing teams mascot sat on the nearby seats with a ice pack being pressed to his shoulder and the large fake tiger head placed on the floor next to him. Half the surrounding crowd were either still filming or were beginning to put their phones down and the other half looked like they were in shock much like the poor guy still stood in front of him.

Something was being announced by the commentator and he turned towards the big screens to see some camera angle zooming in on the other guy arguing with security before the screen went black and it replayed the incident. And suddenly Seungcheol had the strongest sense of companionship with the other teams mascot for landing on hell of a punch on the . He got to watch in glorious 4D as that awful bastard started yelling at what Seungcheol now assumed was either his date or innocent bystander to the 's homophobia about something he couldn't quite make out on the kisscam section of the break.

He watched as the petite guy started fighting back against the and for whatever reason was then yelling to the crowd for someone to kiss him as the guy next to him still staunchly refused, and that was when the mascots swooped in to hopefully relieve the awkward atmosphere with mild success considering the guy was still mouthing off. Which somehow ended up with punches being thrown in a very short lived fight and the cute blonde somehow getting caught in the crossfire while the other guy snarled horrific insults at him, he just couldn't ing believe anyone could do that to another person.

When the team had been gearing up moments ago and some staff member had popped in to tell them to hold out for a while because a fight among fans had broken out that seemed to have homophobic undertones to it Seungcheol and a few of the guys had walked out to take a peak. When he'd noticed their own mascot involved, and Mike was a really chill guy, he'd instantly known something was going wrong and he'd been unable to stop himself from moving forward despite the hands of various PR people and the team manager calling him back.

But god was he glad he had now, because it looked quite serious, and nothing to do with the guy that was becoming alarmingly cuter by the minute as Seungcheol finally took the other in in all his glory instead of panicking about how best to diffuse conflict. And sweet lord was he hot, that other clearly had no idea what he was missing out on with that previous stunt.

"Um, right, okay- I'm, I'm really sorry, I- I didn't mean to hold up the game, my life, I'm so done with this night, wait no, I'm sorry but like I'm also really not," Jihoon ground out, willing his voice to stop wobbling as he spoke to one of his favourite players who only stared back at him in confusion. "All I did was tell the guy I wasn't interested, the date was awful- he was awful, and I just wanted him to leave so I could enjoy the game, uh, go hounds by the way, but he, just like flipped and went nuts, then he thought I'd done it on purpose the minute the camera was on us to be a and it just- look I'm sorry that I'm ing up your game night but none of this is my fault," he insisted, voice gradually getting more and more steady as a look of understanding mixed with pleasant surprising anger overtook the other's features.

"That's what all this was about? man you've got nothing to be sorry for, I'm sorry the cameras wouldn't stop bugging you and I'm sorry that guy was a prick, can't believe my coach and PR guys were trying to stop me from coming up here, but like, I just can't believe he'd do that, y'know, to you of all people, must clearly be blind-"

-"It's okay! I know its not my fault, but I'm still really sorry because I caused it, he was just such a prick I couldn't stand it any longer, but all I wanted was to see you guys win, you're my favourite team and god you're, you're just, god you, you're like my favourite of them all and this is now simultaneously the best and worst night of my life now," Jihoon babbled, staring up at the other before darting his eyes across the other's face, "and now I'm holding up the game and simultaneously having a huge gay crisis because you just said, uh, that, and it was a compliment I think, or I'm in shock, and, and- like are you really here? Like right now in front of me, in the uniform too holy I'm never gonna forget this- you're hands are huge by the way oh my god, I should just leave, this whole night was a disaster-"

-"Good evening folks! We'd just like to step in and announce an apology about the earlier disturbances, those seated nearby have let us know what was really happening and that the poor guy had just had a bad date go from bad to worse and was trying to avoid making a scene so we'd like to apologise for not understanding the situation and we'll be getting back to the game as soon as we can tear our legendary captain away from the situation which we believe has been resolved!" The commentator, Seungcheol could never remember all of their names for each stadium, interrupted him as that camera still with the dumb kiss cam filter panned back to them again as they started setting the cameras back up once more.

Despite what the commentator had said on two of the four cameras they were still replaying the er punch that floored the over and over, but even with the promise of the game starting up again the crowd took one look at the jumbotron with those dumb filters still on and combined with how Seungcheol was still holding the other, purely out of comfort he'd swear to himself later on, and demanded one thing and one thing only.

"Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!" The crowd began to chant until more and more joined in building it up to an almighty roar, but still just barely loud enough to drown out the sound of his own heart and the sound of his coach screaming for him to get his back onto the ice and start the game. But all he could see was this gorgeous man still stood before him with a look of sheer terror written all over his face, and all he could think of were the implications of what the other had been saying. His own cheeks colouring in response as the two just openly gaped at each other, the cameras still firmly fixed on them with the crowd chanting loudly.

"I'm gonna go viral and I'll never live this down from any of my friends, like ever, I might as well make it worth it, if you're offering mister hot shot hockey captain, well more like if you'll be allowed to make this big boy decision all by yourself, your team down there looks like they're gonna kill you," Jihoon teased, almost all logic just yeeting itself out of his head along with his shame too at this point, too far into shock to deal with any of the consequences right now as he waited for Seungcheol to respond.

The other was staring up at him with those big honey coloured eyes and the second Seungcheol felt small hands grip the front of his jersey and pull him closer by a fraction of an inch he gave in. Coach could scream at him later, but truthfully he had charged up with the complete intention of potentially slamming some into the ground so by contrast this wasn't even that bad. "Hey, I can do stuff, if I wanna-"

-"Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!"-

The words were leaping out of his mouth before Jihoon could stop them, -"and do you? Wanna do this stuff, being me, as in not me me, though would not say no- - I just mean what they're chanting, y'know, no one took me up on my offer before."

"I mean, I kinda wish the circumstances were different but I kinda think I'd be okay with it, just to keep them happy you know, anything for the fans, and, y'know, if they- if they wanted me to get your number and maybe take you out, on like a date too I guess I'd kinda be okay with that too," Seungcheol tried to keep his voice even as he yelled over the cheers, a million alarms going off in his head about how terrible this plan was, for sake he knew nothing about the other guy!

He was a fan too, a big one apparently, and while he genuinely didn't seem the malicious type that other guy had been so enraged he'd started a fight. But ing hell was he the hottest guy Seungcheol had seen in a long time and about a few thousand people were begging for him to kiss the other, consequences be damned.

The stupid voice rang out over the tannoy again "Hello again folks, the ice is fully cleared and the situation in section D has been fully dealt with so there's no need to worry, we're still just waiting on our captain to return to his team after diligently helping diffuse the situation when he'd heard his fan had been involved but we promise no further delays, we would also like to add that up to half an hour is allocated between halves at a maximum for injuries or other instances such as dangerous spillages or objects on the ice so we are still just barely sticking within our time limit, we'll check in on the two of them now to see how the situation is going."

"Our time's up then I guess, maybe come find me after-" And then Jihoon was being kissed, full on the mouth, him reaching up on tiptoes, bending and dipping at the waist-style kissed by Captain Choi Seungcheol as the crowd once more blossomed into a deafening cheer, like some dumb, ty scene from a teenage rom-com.

So what in the actual was happening to him right now? There's no way this was actually happening right? This was all a joke, like it was going to be the best worst ever punked moment to date with camera crews and that dumb guy popping out at any second, right? No? Okay, scratch that then, maybe this was just an alarmingly real daydream, and he was going to pinch himself to wake up and he'd snap out of this. 

But that wasn't working either. His hands weren't his to control anymore, they were already far too preoccupied with clutching desperately at the damp but warm fabric of the uniform. His body pressing itself tightly against that sheer wall of muscle, no, not pressing, more like melting, maybe even borderline swooning for sake as large hands spanned over the contours of his waist and Jihoon just gave himself over to the kiss.

If this was a daydream and he was about to wake up from having passed of with shock at the utter mortification of propositioning his idol moments after his date got dragged away by security then he was going to ing enjoy it. Not that he ever would have been able to fight against the urge to follow those plush lips as they drew back from him, his own hands now sliding up over that marvel of a body until they found purchase in the other's thick hair to tug the other back down.

As he tightened his grip he was rewarded with a sharp exhale that morphed into a drawn out groan, but Jihoon couldn't focus for long enough to commit that sound to memory as bright lights of flashing cameras immediately blinded him and he began to realise that no, funnily enough, this was not a dream. Seungcheol on the other hand seemed to have already caught up with the program and was closing his eyes in preparation on the coming onslaught and remained that way for a brief second before he opened them and spoke, "- , oh , I'm dead, I'm so dead, you're literally gonna be the death of me, I'm gonna be in so much trouble." 

What... the ...just happened? "What- uh, um...what just?..."

"You're gonna be the death of me kid, I'm already in so much trouble as it is." Seungcheol lightly growled out, shocked by the thundering of his own heart as he spoke. He'd just done quite possibly the stupidest thing in his entire career. He should be grateful enough that this wouldn't backfire terribly with some kind of ual assault charge, but instead all he could think about was doing it again, and again, and again for good measure, oh and getting this guys number when the match was over.

Seungcheol could try and delude himself into thinking he could convince himself and his boss that he'd just done it for a joke, just done what the fans wanted him to, but there was no denying that he wanted this so damn badly. He wanted this more than he wanted the win and god damn if that wasn't a bucket of ice water to the system.

"Shut it, 'm not a kid, keep talking that and- and I'll prove it, that I'm not," the stranger's voice wobbled as he spoke, starting off slurred as his mind seemingly took a few seconds to come back into focus after the kiss. Seungcheol's ego bloomed at the thought of it. But there was a challenge in the undertone, some type of look in this guy's eye that hooked Seungcheol in as a total goner. "If you're already in trouble does it even make a difference if you get into any more?"

"Trust me I really don't need the encouragement," Seungcheol countered with as he regretfully unwound himself from the stranger, pretending that he was aware of how one hand ended up dangerously close to gripping the other's . "I know you said you wanted to leave, but like, would you wanna come with me instead, you probably can't sit there anymore, we could move you closer down into the box maybe-"

-"God everyone's watching me, I- I can't stay- I need to go," Jihoon fumbled over his words, the world coming back into focus with a blinding flash. Literally. There were so many cameras pointing at them that it made him eyes hurt.

"Wait! Stay! For me, uh, stay and watch me, please? You could be- be my little, uh, my good luck charm! Yeah, so stay, for the rest of the match, please?" he pleaded, taking a step backwards down the stairs and grinning when the other mirrored the action. "You can sit with my manager, front and center, and- and cheer me on."

"A cheer leader and a good luck charm? You're sure making good use of me," Jihoon teased but carried on following the other all the way down until he was no longer in the public seating but in the little section allocated to coaches and players still on the bench. He didn't even have time to protest and argue because the athlete was charging off again, presumably to the changing rooms to get ready as the opposing team were already beginning to trickle back onto the ice.

Leaving him at the mercy of one decidedly pissed off coach and some fellow players grinning far too widely for Jihoon's liking. The feeble and trembling half smile on his own face doing jack all to ease the building tension between all of them.

*

Despite how the infamously grumpy coach, Alex Christophsen, grumbled over and over that Jihoon would be a distraction it turned out to be just the opposite, Seungcheol was playing even better than before and their lead was seriously beginning to build. The player had scored quite a few himself, mostly chance shots but Jihoon still screamed and cheered each time much to his own embarrassment when he would catch the benched players laughing at him. It was good naturedly though, they claimed it was actually quite nice seeing someone just cheer for them and not critiquing their plays and passes, instead just completely ecstatic to see them score. 

Even the coach would gruffly yell at him the kind of play they had just done, a slight smile forming on his face when Jihoon listened with absolutely undivided attention with a cheeky comment of replacing the so called useless players that refused to listen with one as eager as Jihoon himself. The next half of the game actually flew by, and they won with a tremendous lead, but as the players filed out again Jihoon wasn't too sure what to do with himself until the coach beckoned him to join him in his office and he hesitantly followed.

The coach unlocked the door and gestured for him to sit on a chair by his desk as he fussed around what he guessed was his makeshift office a little. "Now, because you don't belong to me as part of the team I don't really get to yell at you for much, I just need to know if we need to do some damage control because that crowd was getting real loud with their screaming and I don't want it coming out of the woodwork weeks from now that you felt forced, alright kid? So-" Alex began but Jihoon soon interrupted him despite the glare he received for doing so.

-"No no! We're all good! I mean I'm not looking forward to seeing this go viral, either the fight or, um, the other thing with- with him, but I'm all good, no pressing charges from me- you could maybe press charges against Oliver, I definitely wouldn't be opposed to that, but I can sign or state anything you need me to so that I can go home and just wait for the shock to hit me because apparently I have a date with him too."

Alex didn't say anything for a minute or so, just hummed a little as he the laptop and began presumably searching for something. "What did you say your name was kid?"

"Uh Lee Ji hoon, and I'm 21 by the way, all legal."

"Right, so lets see then, lets just have a quick scroll and see if we can find you, kiddo," Alex mumbled under his breath as Jihoon watched eyes flicker over the screen, the man's aging face illuminated by the blue light as a small smile stretched across it at Jihoon's apparent new nickname. "Can't seem to find you on either, meaning both security and the staff have had no run ins with you, so you pass the checks for now, you can go find him in the changing rooms if you like, or you can head on out of here."

"No no, bad idea, I don't need to be seeing all that just yet, I'm all good here if that's okay, I kind of want to hide until everyone's cleared out of the stadium, he can come find me- if you wouldn't mind telling him where I am if you cross paths." The coach just responded with a sort of uneasy nod and Jihoon suddenly felt even weirder about camping out in the poor guy's office. But the thought of intruding on the other in the changing rooms felt odd, not even because various people would be in states of undress that he really had no right in seeing, more so because they'd just won and they had every right to celebrate that as a team. 

Plus what if family members were in there, or physio therapists ready to check in on people, and he just wandered in with his head in the clouds still thinking about the kiss and ended up fumbling over himself or more likely into someone else and causing god knows what of a chain reaction. Realistically it was a kiss that definitely more than deserved to be thought about for days on end, but in the middle of a locker room with some of his favourite players while he was desperately trying not to embarrass himself any further was not the places for such thoughts.

But the private office of the coach while he had time to kill, however, might be more suitable to let his mind wander the slightest, to relive that first hesitant brush of lips that turned into something more in a matter of seconds. He guessed that the other dipped him and made such a show of it for the fans but that didn't mean Jihoon wasn't flushing thinking about those strong hands supporting him and the way they felt on his body.

But best not to think about that now, not if he was going to face the stranger again, because famous or not Jihoon knew nothing about the other. It was an unpleasant thought adding to an equally unpleasant situation. Were they going to actually go on a date, do the usual routine of where are you from, any siblings, any hobbies, etc? Jihoon had mentally prepared himself for some casual tinder date that wouldn't really affect him too greatly no matter which way it ended up, but now he had to think about dating one of his favourite players? He knew deep down that he was getting more than a little ahead of himself, and that Seungcheol was probably still just a normal guy like he was but that didn't stop him from panicking just a little.

He was a grouchy workaholic at the best of times and spent most of his time at home or on campus with his very small circle of friends, he wasn't a ttoal wall flower he did have plenty of clubs he went to but miracles like this didn't just pop up out of nowhere. Or so he'd thought, which is why that if he knew he was going to be kissed by Choi Seungcheol, even as a joke for the cameras he would have taken full advantage of the fact.

Yet there he was, lounging around the coach's office surrounded by haphazardly stacked sports gear and stale smelling coffee cups, in a plunging silk shirt and his best jeans waiting for his favourite player to come through the door for what felt like an eternity with all those awful thoughts running through his head. In reality Jihoon had only been left to his own devices for maybe ten minutes or so but it was starting to drive him nuts and he idly started wondering if maybe he should go and wander into the changing rooms instead. Surely they'd be done celebrating and showering by now? And if they weren't, well he really had tried to be good...

The moment he finally stood and began making his way back over to the door with slow and deliberately steps just in case the coach suddenly burst through he could pretend like he had just stood up to stretch was the beginning of his downfall. You see it wasn't the coach that abruptly yanked on the handle the second Jihoon began reaching for it, and it certainly wasn't the coach standing there with those dark eyes, and thick clumps of still wet hair dripping down onto impossibly broad shoulders with a casual shirt still clinging to damp skin. It was Seungcheol, their eyes meeting in shock and confusion once more and the only thing Jihoon could think to blurt was " me that should be illegal- you look so hot- , maybe I should press charges."

Despite Jihoon clearly being in the midst of a very serious crisis all it did was make Seungcheol laugh, a full on head thrown back, eyes crinkling, and nose scrunching positively ing adorable laugh. And that was just it for Jihoon, god he was utterly ruined for anyone else ever from that moment forward.

"Oh are you really? You're pressing charges because-"

"No!" Jihoon cried, darting a hand out to drag the other into the room, slamming the door behind them. "Shut it! Not another word, I have been humiliated enough for one day and I don't need your little smug grin on top of it all!"

God I'm utterly ed Seungcheol thought with a soft smile as he just watched the other ramble on further, hazel eyes shining in earnest as he insisted that he truly had nothing to press charges over because he'd changed his mind. He was just far too cute for his own good. "So you don't think I'm hot then? You said you were pressing charges because I was too hot, right? And now you're not pressing charges?" He couldn't resist teasing, trying to keep the laughter out of his voice as the other's cheeks turned even redder.

"Hey don't act like you've never met someone so hot you lost all brain function," he insisted, unable to meet the other's gaze for any longer. So he shifted to focusing on counting how many empty coffee mugs could be found in the room, instead of drooling at the way the shirt clung to still damp skin in all the worst places.

Stretching tightly over broad just everything, those huge shoulders and arms, those pecs that honestly needed some kind of warning, and god those arms again. Did he mention the other's thighs as well? He was a hockey player for Christ sake of course he was going to be ripped but Jihoon just thought a majority of Seungcheol's bulk came from the protective padding. 

"I have, and I kissed him within five minutes of meeting him in the middle of a game," Seungcheol replied with honestly, unable to fight off the grin at how red the other was getting.

"Don't you try and act all smooth and human Choi Seungcheol, you know you're on a different level to us normal people- you know exactly how hot you are, maybe I should have taken your coach up on his offer to head home and forget this whole thing." By this point Jihoon was talking directly at that broad chest because the gap between the two of them that he had forcibly built by keeping his distance was being torn down in a single stride. Backing Jihoon up in the process until he was stumbling over a chair and ending up leaning heavily against the desk.

"That's hardly fair, you're being pretty cruel here stranger..."

"What? I haven't done anything-"

-" First off you know my name and I don't know yours." Seungcheol stated simply. And once he had his answer he rolled the name around in his mind a few times, testing out it's melodies. "And, Jihoon, that was a real low blow, was my kiss really that bad, hmm? You just want to forget the whole thing? Guess you wont want that date after all." The need to tease the other in order to see that spark in Jihoon's eyes again was the only thing driving him in that moment. Normally he'd be a mess with guys like Jihoon, a total sweaty awkward mess, but after what happened earlier there was really nothing to lose. And there was no way this guy was going anywhere without passing over his number first.

"Quit twisting my words, it was- it was, nice, it was nice! It was fine- the kiss was fine!"

Seungcheol clutched a hand to his chest and he bent at the knees slightly, dropping himself down a few inches. "Oh how you wound me Jihoon, it was nice? My kiss was nice? It was fine? A- A shirt is nice! A, a hug is nice, flowers are nice! The weather is fine! You're just so cruel to me."

Frustration was beginning to set in again as Jihoon squared his shoulder's to look up at the older male, this entire evening had been one adrenaline rush after the other, he was so amped up right then he could feel his heartbeat pulsing in the tips of his ears. "How else am I supposed to describe it! You want me to wax poetic bull about it or something? Oh, oh Seunghceol! It made me- made my knees weak Seungcheol! I was holding back moans Seungcheol! I can't help but swoon thinking of your kiss-" He stepped even further into the other's personal space, -"Is that what you wanted to hear, oh, oh kissing master I bow to you! C'mon, it- it was tame at best, but wow you really showed me how its done," he spat, chest rising and falling rapidly as he spoke, heart thundering a mile a minute against his rib cage. God is it getting hotter in here?

ing..., tame? The word was honestly doing something to Seungcheol, flicking some switch within him and setting him on edge as his body thrummed with energy. Making him feel something so primal and instinctive, so powerful, something he had only felt the briefest watered down fraction of when he was with previous partners. It was just a immature need to prove the other wrong and get that dumb snarky tone gone for good, his gaze zeroing in on those smooth lips pulled into a sly grin. "You best watch your mouth Jihoon before I-"

-"Oh I think you're already doing enough of a job of watching my mouth, it's just annoying that you're doing nothing about it big guy, you just gonna stand there all day?" Looking back on it, Jihoon realised that it may not have been the best idea to anger such a big man in a small confined space, bull in a china shop, don't poke the sleeping bear and all that.

Yet he couldn't bring himself to care as his back met the hard wood of the desk and Seungcheol showed him just how foolish he'd been by thinking the other was tame. It was utterly dizzying to be kissed with such passion and aggression, he could barely even remember when the other had crossed the space between them.

The slide of hot lips and eager tongues was more than enough to prove how wrong he was, but then those hands raked over him, the sheer weight of the other pressing him into the table had Jihoon literally choking on his own words in the form of broken moans. And just as quickly as the wave had crashed onto the shore it receded once more, but now Jihoon knew the power and darkness that lurked beneath those still waters, definitely don't piss off the big guy unless you're ready to face the consequences.

"Learnt your lesson now?" He wheezed, hands gripping tightly on Jihoon's thighs as he returned to standing and Jihoon returned to being perched on the edge of the desk rather than sprawled upon it. Not that it wasn't quite possibly the most delectable sight Seungcheol had seen in a very long time, but it was that exact reason as to why he pulled back.

"Nope, you'll have to teach me that lesson over and over, maybe over dinner, or literally anywhere more private than this?" it he thought, if I don't at least try I'd regret this for-ing-ever.

"My my, how bold of you little one." Seungcheol teased but grabbed his phone from his pocket all the same, "Name and number, now, and you will text me when you're free because I cannot wait to-, no, that just- just text me, please." There was a little more insecurity in his voice than Seungcheol liked but it seemed to have the right effect because Jihoon was instantly adding himself as a contact and ringing his phone from Seungcheol's. Then immediately saving the number on his own phone. Mission complete he thought smugly but it was layered behind a deep set relief, he didn't know where this would end up, if it could even end up anywhere at all but he'd kick himself if he didn't try, hell coach would probably drill his if he didn't try too. "Listen, I've gotta go- we've gotta go, me and the guys we've got to get going or coach will kill us. You will see me again, I can promise you that much for certain, I'm not planning on passing this chance up, so you best keep your word about dinner and everything else Jihoon. I mean that."

"I will, trust me I ing will." He insisted, looking the other dead in his eyes as he spoke. Jihoon was relieved to see he was met with the same intensity that he felt himself, mirrored in those big doe eyes. "I feel the same, I'm not letting this pass me by, but- but well you've got to head off and get going, and- and well , I've gotta head home and explain this all to my roommate before he launches a witch hunt for Oliver or turns me into a meme."

"I wouldn't bother stopping that one, let the er burn." Seungcheol growled, pulling Jihoon in for a tight but quick hug, pausing momentarily to contemplate it before finally placing an unsure kiss on the shorter male's forehead.

"Right, yeah you're right, okay, go on then, get out of here." Jihoon shooed the other away as he desperately fought against the redness in his cheeks, I'm going on a date with literal Choi Seungcheol, oh my god, oh my god- But the moment that door opened it was a whole new level of mortification, even for Seungcheol, as they were met with a resounding cheer from the athletes teammates.

Doing the insanely stereotypical ladish thing of clapping a bewildered Seungcheol on the back as they hollered at him, and before they could even turn to him and begin the same routine Jihoon was immediately slamming the door in their faces and sinking down against the door itself. Only the humiliation didn't end there, as coach was immediately ripping the door back open and as a result he ended up sprawled out on his back looking up at those towering giants. Seungcheol's face the only one bringing him any comfort as he idly wondered what on earth he did to deserve this.

*