Chapter One

Prince

Minhyung wanted to cry. Not your graceful few tears slipping out of your eyes crying, he means the one where you're red and puffy and you can't feel your nose and you're legit choking.

 

But he can't do that. Thin walls wouldn't be able to blockade his sobs to his peacefully sleeping roommates Yangyang and Jaehyun.

 

He continued searching for jobs on his laptop, groaning at nearly every option. They either didn't fit his schedule, paid too low and just weren't worth it, or were just overall ridiculous.

 

He was failing in every aspect of his life. His bills were overdue and he was about to lose his scholarship unless he got his Physics grade up. His girlfriend of two years just broke up with him. His parents were just going to murder him if they figured any of this out. His face was breaking out crazy and his eye bags looked concerning as proof.

 

He felt like he couldn't do anything right

 

Minhyung didn't realize fell asleep wallowing in self-pity until he felt Yangyang gently shaking him in the morning. Saliva coated his laptop's mouse pad.

 

“Still no luck in job searching?” Yangyang sympathetically muttered once glancing at his open desktop.

 

“Yea man, but I'll get through it...I guess.”

 

Jaehyun beamed, more than usual that is, and happily shouted, “WELL GUESS WHAT-”

 

Minhyung winced at his volume, his headache pounding even more.

 

“I GOT YOU A HIGH PAYING JOB THAT DOESN'T REQUIRE YOU TO BE THERE 24/7 AND FREE HOUSING. And there are A LOT of other benefits.”

 

Minhyung hopelessly smirked. “Jae I appreciate it but I’m not becoming a stripper or host.”

 

“NO NO NO NO, My friend's sister's loaded brother in law's son just needs a butler.”

 

Minhyung raised an eyebrow, still doubtful. “Yea, not into becoming a gay star either sorry.”

“NO I’M SERIOUS BELIEVE IN ME MINHYUNG.”

 

Yangyang awkwardly chuckled, finally speaking up, “You best believe him Minhyung. He already scheduled an interview for you this afternoon hyung...”

 

Jaehyun glowed, neglecting Minhyung’s dangerous death glare.

 

This has to be a joke.

 

“ you man.”

 

“And best of luck to you! Be there sharp at 5:15 at the Tous Les Jours near the campus, Master Donghyuck isn’t a very patient person!”

 

“You should probably also get to class cause it's already um 7:45 am.” Yangyang said, a bit intimidated unlike Jaehyun.

 

Reality hit Minhyung like a truck.

 

.