Chapter 15

A Boy and His (wolf)Dog

"Turn him damn it!" Shouted Sanggyun as he shoved Donghan into the wall. "Tell Kenta to do it!" He said. "Sanggyun," said Donghan. "He's already dead," he said. "No!" Said Sanggyun. "He can't be dead!" He said, shaking as he let go of Donghan and ran over to Hyunbin's body, collapsing in front of it as he started sobbing.
 

~A day earlier~



Donghan took a walk with Hyunbin, as Hyunbin needed to talk to him concerning this mission. "So who are you really after?" Asked Donghan. "Was it that obvious that we were going after someone in your pack?" Asked Hyunbin. "Longguo's been hiding something," said Donghan. "He's usually never one to hide something unless, well," he said, shrugging. "He's in trouble?" Asked Hyunbin. Donghan nodded.

"As far as I'm aware, my father had hired him," said Hyunbin. "To kill you?" Asked Donghan. "No, to kill my brother," said Hyunbin. "So I took it upon myself to take care of it myself," he said. "And Yedam is pulling out the punishments as we speak," he said. "But I would have to kill Longguo anyway, apparently he was on a list that no one wanted to touch due to his violent nature as a beta turned alpha," he said.

"Only you would take on a list like this," Donghan said with a snort. "I'm the most experienced with these types of werewolves," said Hyunbin. "This would've been my last mission for the next few years, it pays really well," he said. "Not that money would matter too much," he added. "Hm," said Donghan.

"Any objections to this?" Asked Hyunbin. "Not if he was hired to kill someone," said Donghan. "Your brother isn't even involved in the werewolf hunting life right?" He asked. "No," said Hyunbin. "It's my father that has this hatred towards him for no reason," he said. "Just because he didn't want to become a hunter," he said.

"Your father is stupid," said Donghan. "Yoonbin works for Moonbin now, he is under Moonbin's protection," said Hyunbin. "I asked if he could at least do that for me, because we all know this would end up happening," he said. Donghan hummed in response.

"Well, that's not what I brought you out here for," said Hyunbin. "If I do end up dead, his contract would end in three days," he said. "I am giving you the contract," he said. "Back home, he has a mate waiting for him, I don't want that to just stop," he said. "I see," said Donghan. "Take care of it," said Hyunbin as he handed Donghan a dog tag with Sanggyun's name on it and a symbol on the back. Donghan took the dog tag and examined it, nodding before putting it in his wallet. "I'll pass it on," he said. "Don't tell Sanggyun that I did this," said Hyunbin as he put his hands in his pockets. "I won't," said Donghan as he nodded. They both headed back to the house after grabbing dinner for the pack.

 

~



Sanggyun knew something was up since he wasn't given the details of this mission. Hyunbin rarely insisted on taking on missions by himself, and Sanggyun was always there to take care of it while Hyunbin cleaned up the mess afterwards.

Hyunbin knew the contract was safe with Donghan, and Kenta. This was a hard decision for Hyunbin to make but he knew this would get rid of his father once and for all, and keep his brother safe. Sanggyun was going to be safe, the contract would be given to Chunji when they got home.

Longguo knew what was coming. He was positive that Hyunbin was here for him. It didn't mean that he was going down without a fight however. "So," he said, standing in front of Hyunbin. "We know who you're here for," he said. "Of course," said Hyunbin. "I'm not going down without a fight you know," said Longguo. "Neither am I," said Hyunbin. "But if you do end up killing me first, let Sanggyun kill you to avenge me," he said. Longguo raised an eyebrow.

"I don't want him to be absorbed into becoming an avenger," said Hyunbin. "Fine," said Longguo. "I'm sure this contract of yours is all safe and sound," he said. "It is," said Hyunbin.

"Where should we do this then?" Asked Longguo. "In the backyard?" He asked. "If you insist," said Hyunbin as he nodded. "Let's go then," said Longguo before he headed out to the backyard. Hyunbin followed after him, with Donghan, Kenta and Sanggyun following after them.

"I got this," said Hyunbin as he reached into his hidden knife holster. Longguo smirked. "You sure about that hunter?" He asked before changing and launching himself at Hyunbin. Hyunbin put up a good fight, stabbing Longguo a few times before succumbing to the wounds that Longguo inflicted on him. Sanggyun was too frozen in shock to comprehend what had happened, but when he saw that Hyunbin stopped moving he went into a rage, dropping his human illusion and throwing himself at Longguo.

Donghan and Kenta were frozen, unsure of what to do. Kenta was the first to move, rushing over to Hyunbin's body to see if he was still alive. Donghan suddenly cursed not having his wallet on him before rushing inside to get it and get the dog tag. The transfer of the owner of the contract was easy. Now to get Sanggyun to calm down, as Donghan rushed back outside with the dog tag gripped tightly in his hand so he wouldn't lose it. Apparently the moment he chose to appear outside was the moment that Sanggyun came rushing at him, looking frantic as he was nearly slammed into the wall by Sanggyun as he put up his human illusion.

"Turn him damn it!" Shouted Sanggyun as he shoved Donghan into the wall. "Tell Kenta to do it!" He said. "Sanggyun," said Donghan. "He's already dead," he said. "No!" Said Sanggyun. "He can't be dead!" He said, shaking as he let go of Donghan and ran over to Hyunbin's body, collapsing in front of it as he started sobbing.

"I'm sorry," mumbled Kenta. "T-The contract," said Sanggyun. "Who has it?" He asked. "I do," said Donghan as he walked over. "He knew this was going to happen huh?" Asked Sanggyun as he looked at Donghan. "Yes," said Donghan as he sighed. Sanggyun turned back to Hyunbin's body.

"Let's transfer the contract hm?" Donghan asked softly. "I guess," said Sanggyun as he moved away, turning to Donghan. "Sanggyun, I now have the contract over your soul, do you accept?" Asked Donghan. "I do," said Sanggyun. Donghan moved to attach the dog tag to Sanggyun's collar, the both of them feeling a slight shock go through them to let them know it had been completed.

"I-I'll let Yedam know what happened," mumbled Sanggyun after he calmed down some. "And email a picture," he added. "If you two want to wait before burning their bodies," he said, turning to Donghan and Kenta. "Go for it," said Donghan. "Take as long as you want," he said. Kenta nodded in agreement.

After making sure Yedam was aware of Hyunbin's death and sending a picture of both Hyunbin and Longguo's bodies to him Sanggyun was ready to burn the bodies. Donghan and Kenta went to gather firewood as Sanggyun put a stone ring around the bodies so the fire wouldn't spread too much, also clearing the grass in the circle as he did so. He got the honors of lighting the bodies on fire, breaking down again as he fell to his knees, sobbing. Donghan and Kenta could only watch in barely concealed pity as Sanggyun dropped his human illusion and howled into the night sky.