Pure White

Pure White

Solji hummed a happy tune cheerfully as she left her house. It was White Day, and  the five girls of EXID were going to gather at one of their houses again, as they always do on the 14th of each month, the 'love days' of Korea, since they have no partners to spend the occasion with. White Day was Chill Day, which means they basically just chill and spend time with one another. Naturally, the one in charge of Chill Day, or rather the one who was forced to sacrifice her house for Chill Day, was none other than the person who enjoys doing this the most in their team, Ahn LE, aka her girlfriend, whom she is dating in secret.

All around her on the streets were couples after couples. Solji couldn't help the smile on her face as she thought of seeing LE later too. As she watched a couple nearby, exchanging chocolates, a sigh escaped her lips. Valentine's Day was the day a girl would give chocolates to the boy she likes, and White Day would be the day the boy responds with chocolates of his own. Knowing that, she felt a little anxious. Since they were both girls, Valentine's Day and White day could go both ways for them. But on Valentine's Day, LE didn't even prepare any chocolate. She could've given her chocolates too, but she didn't. Solji was the only one who gave her chocolates that day. Solji looked down, her mood dampening at the thought. Why didn't LE give her any chocolates, or even prepared some?

The thought stayed on her mind even as the members created chaos around her.
"Let's go help Hyelin unnie with the cooking!" Jeonghwa suggested.
"NO!" Came Hyelin's strong protest. "I want to be able to eat edible food today! Get out of the kitchen, Jeonghwa, Hani unnie! You two are not allowed in the kitchen!"
"You're so mean, Linnie!" Hani pouted.
"Ya, don't destroy my house." LE said exasperatedly as she came out of her room, flopping down onto the couch next to Solji. "Solji unnie, you don't look well. Are you ok?" Solji quickly snapped out of her thoughts, realising that LE was talking to her.
"H-Huh? Oh, no, I'm just lost in thoughts." She smiled reassuringly to LE, who seemed a little worried about her.
"What are you thinking of?" Solji looked away.
"...Stuff." LE stared at her curiously.
"Like what?" Her eyes darted around the house, trying to find anything that could serve as an excuse. Her eyes soon fell upon the rest of her members, yelling and laughing in the kitchen.
"About how the rest of them accepted us being together so easily." LE smiled at that.
"A little surprising, huh? We were so sure they would disapprove of us. Turns out they already knew without us having to tell them." Solji chuckled softly at that.
"I actually asked them about this, and they said we were so obvious that it was hard not to notice. They even said there were fans shipping us together. Guess it's not so much of a secret as we thought." LE seemed to think for a while.
"Do you want it to be public? Our relationship, I mean." Solji shook her head.
"Not really. Society can be unforgiving, and fans can be toxic. I don't want us to be the reason we get hate and lose fans."
"That's true." LE nodded. "Well, I'm satisfied with what we have now, so I'm ok with it." She said, laying her head down on Solji's lap and toying with her hair while Solji returned to her thoughts. Did LE not like her? Was she actually just going out with her because she couldn't bring herself to reject her? Does she really even love her? She frowned as she shook off the thoughts. No, no, she shouldn't be thinking so negatively. LE could've just forgotten about Valentine's Day. That isn't possible though. She remembered that they were gathering. Solji unconsciously let out a sigh as her mind continued to generate bizzare possible explanations.

LE had noticed Solji's expression for quite some time now. She just decided to ignore it and observed the frown on her face growing as she played with her hair. Solji let out a sigh, and LE couldn't take it anymore then. 
"Unnie, what's the real problem?" She asked, snapping Solji out of her thoughts again.
"W-What?" LE sat up, a concerned frown on her face.
"The members accepting us quickly isn't what you're really thinking of, is it? So tell me the truth." Solji smiled nervously.
"As expected of Ahn LE. You read me so well." She looked down, fidgeting with her hands. "Well... I was just...thinking..." 
"Of what?"
"Why didn't you give me any chocolates on Valentine's Day?" She blurted out, leaving a temporarily stunned LE staring at her. "You could've given me chocolates too, so why didn't you?"
"That's it? That's what you've been thinking so hard about?" LE asked, an incredulous look on her face. Solji nodded and LE burst into laughter. 
"What's so funny?" Solji pouted, a confused frown on her face. 
"I thought you were upset over something more serious." LE admitted, getting up. "Turns out it was just over Valentine's Day chocolates." She chuckled as she walked to her room, leaving Solji sitting on the couch alone.
"But it is important." She murmured, looking down. "LE, you pabo." She sniffled softly, tears b in her eyes.

"What's LE unnie doing?" Hyelin hissed as they watched secretly from the kitchen.
"What the hell, unnie!" Hani cursed under her breath.
"Why did she do that? This unnie!" Jeonghwa shook her head. They were soon silenced by the sound of the room door opening, and LE came out. She walked over to Solji and flinched when she saw her tears.
"Unnie, why are you crying?" She asked worriedly as she dropped to her knees to match Solji's eye level. She reached a hand out to cup Solji's face, wiping her tears away with her thumb. Upset, Solji pushed her hand away.
"Whose fault do you think it is? Valentine's Day chocolate was supposed to be a confirmation of your feelings, and that's why I was worried, but you just laughed at me, and then you just walked away! Of course I'm upset!" LE smiled softly at her.
"I'm sorry, unnie. I just went to get this." She said, holding out a white box. Solji took the box, and opened it carefully.
"This is..." In the box was an angel, sculpted from pure white chocolate, resembling her. The angel was holding a heart with Solji's and LE's name carved into it and it had large wings, folded so it looked like a large heart around the angel.
"That was the best one out of all the ones I made." LE said, a fond smile on her face as she watched Solji's reaction.
"H...Hyojin... This is...amazing...!" Solji's eyes were wide in shock as she turned to LE. "You made this? The whole thing?" LE's nod elicited a long high pitched squeal from Solji as a smile grew on her face, making LE laugh as she wrapped her arms around Solji from behind.
"Do you like it?" She asked, her head on Solji's shoulder as Solji grinned at her.
"Like it? I love it!" She gingerly placed the angel back into the box, putting it aside before turning around and wrapping her arms around LE's neck, leaning forward so that their foreheads touched. "I love you. You're amazing, you know that? I can't believe you made that for me." LE smiled and connected their lips for a brief moment.
"Anything for you, unnie. I love you too." Solji giggled and closed her eyes, leaning forward for another kiss. LE followed suit, closing her eyes and leaning forward. Before their lips joined in a long, heated kiss, LE murmured 3 words, directed lovingly at the angel she held in her arms.
"Happy White Day."