-FINAL-

Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The last bell rang, and students immediately packed up their stuffs after having been announced their exam results and readied themselves to leave. Lee Sungyeol was rather reluctant to do so and dawdled to rise from his seat until a figure loomed over his desk. He looked up to see an annoying grin spread across Myungsoo's face.

 

Sungyeol had always been on the top of their class while Myungsoo was one of those who belonged to the bottom rank (or as Sungyeol would rather point out to the younger - “You’re just not trying hard enough,” he reasoned on one of their tutoring sessions when Myungsoo’s face met his Calculus book for the umpteenth time). His life was smoothly running until he was assigned to be his tutoring partner.

 

-Flashback-

 

"Why are you such a dunce? It's just simple derivation for god's sake," Sungyeol remarked as he went through Myungsoo's answer sheet. It had nearly been two months, but he didn't show any progress at all.

 

Myungsoo leaned back on his seat from Sungyeol’s study desk, glaring at the jumble of numbers and equations from his book. "Hey, not all of us are born mathematicians, okay? And I don't even get the point on why we must find a stupid missing X all the time. They’re gone for a reason, maybe they don’t want to be found. Let bygones be bygones."

 

Sungyeol sighed frustrated, clicking his tongue at the nonsense metaphor the younger uttered. "You're hopeless..."

 

"And you're cute when you’re pissed," he snapped back, momentarily forgetting his dispute with his math book and flashed the taller a wide grin upon noticing the creeping blush on the older’s chubby cheeks.

 

Sungyeol shot him a glare and deviated back to their topic. "What you need is a miracle, not a tutor."

 

"How about we make a bet then if you're so sure I would flunk my exams?" He arched his brows and folded his arms across his chest.

 

“No, that’s so childish. If you want to pass the exam then do it for the sake of passing and not for winning a bet,” he reasoned.

 

“You’re just afraid that you might eat your words.”

 

“Of course not! I’m just stating what’s obvious,” he defended.

 

“I will pass.” He stated resolutely and stood to tower over him. “And if I did, I’ll make you a slave for a day. But if I don’t, then I’ll be your slave in return. Deal?” he asked and extended his hands in front of the brunette.

 

Sungyeol bit his lips in hesitation but slowly stood up and reached his hand to his. “Deal. You better need all the luck you can get for that miracle to happen.”

 

As they were still hand locked, Myungsoo pulled his tutor towards him until their cheeks touched. Sungyeol felt a tingly sensation when his breath brushed against his ears. “I’m sure I’ll be lucky enough to get more than what I wanted,” he whispered in his husky voice before pulling away and winked at him as he picked up his stuffs and turned to leave.

 

-End of Flashback-

 

"You’re right. I wasn’t just trying hard enough," Myungsoo smirked, waving his examination paper in mid-air. "You’re officially my favorite tutor so now, you shall get your well-deserved prize."

 

“Prize my ,” Sungyeol cursed the raven in his head, plotting a series of possible death for the other while puffing his cheeks and glancing at his wrist watch. “Fine. You swore this will only last for a day, so you only got until six in the afternoon tomorrow to order me around. Tell me what to do to get this over with.”

 

“Meet me at the café two blocks from our school at seven tomorrow morning and I’ll tell you. Don’t be late and wear something good, okay?” He ordered.

 

~~~~~

 

“What?! Be your boyfriend?! Is that even a reasonable punishment?” Sungyeol blurted out, not caring of the stares he’d been receiving from the people in the café. The brunette racked his thoughts out the previous night of what could the other boy have planned for him that would probably embarrass him with one scenario leading to another that was worse than the previous one his smart brain can conjure up with. But none of them was relatively close to what the lunatic in front of him was suggesting.

 

“A pretend boyfriend. And tone down your voice,” Myungsoo repeated under his breath, cautiously bowing apologetically at the bothered customers. “Listen. There’s this boy that I really like, and I think that you could help me by posing as my boyfriend for a day. When your time is up, I just want to hear your opinion if I have any chances with him. Saves me the trouble of getting rejected, right?”

 

“Have you even looked in the mirror?” Sungyeol muttered, not knowing he voiced out his thoughts loud enough for the other to hear.

 

“What?” Myungsoo asked amused, a knowing smirk etched on his face.

 

Sungyeol balled up the tissue beside his drink and threw at the smug face of the other who dodged and had his moment of mirth at his pissed off expression. Storming out of the café, he muttered curses under his breath, not turning back to look at the arrogant prick tailing him.

 

Sungyeol felt his heart sinking for some reason after hearing how Myungsoo wanted to pursue another boy but he shrugged off the thought. He might have grown a bit of infatuation to his fellow student with his perfect face, constant flirting and attempts at making the older blush to which the younger successfully did whenever they study together.

 

“Hey, a deal is a deal!” Myungsoo said when he caught up to him, pouting at the other walking out on him.

 

It was an unusual sight for Sungyeol to see the younger pouting. He only saw the conceited and flirtatious side of his friend in the duration of their tutoring session so it was quite a surprise that Myungsoo can pout.

 

“So he can also be cute. Can’t he be any more perfect?” Sungyeol observed, this time not voicing out his thoughts. He momentarily shook his head to get rid of the fleeting thought.

 

“Can I at least know who the boy you like? Maybe, I can help another way by not pretending as your boyfriend?” he asked, hoping to still find an escape with the mess he’s in (Maybe, he just also wanted to know the person that caught his crush’s attention).

 

Myungsoo was surprised at the question, seeming to not expect Sungyeol to ask him. He suddenly turned shy and avoided his eyes, staring down at his feet while biting his lips and rubbing the back of his head. Another unsual sight for Sungyeol.

 

“It’s… Lee Sungjong,” Myungsoo replied hesitatingly after a few seconds and looked up to gauge the older’s reaction.

 

“Oh, the freshman.” Since he wasn’t close with the student, he can’t literally walk up to the kid and become the love mediator between the two. He just also remembered his lack of lovelife himself so his suggestion was sort of invalid the first time he even said it. So maybe, it was actually only to know who Myungsoo likes. “Don’t you really have any wishes other than that?”

 

The raven shrugged. “Please do me this favor, please, please, pleeeeeaaase…” he pleaded with his puppy eyes and Sungyeol swore he’s liking this cute side of his classmate, only if those eyes wouldn’t be the death of him someday.

 

Sungyeol sighed in defeat, seeing he really had no other choice and that for once, Myungsoo was asking him a favor cutely politely (Or not, since it was his consequence for losing the stupid bet after all). It couldn’t turn out bad, right? “Fine. So what do we do first?”

 

Myungsoo smiled, his dimples appearing, and suddenly intertwined his fingers with his then pulled him to a bus stop leading to the outskirts of Seoul. “Let’s go then, babe!”

 

~~~~~

 

“Everland?” Sungyeol wandered his eyes around the theme park and raised his brows at Myungsoo who just came back from buying their tickets. “Cliché much?”

 

“Hey, it’s my idea of a date so I get to call the shots,” Myungsoo retorted, crossing his arms and puffed his cheeks at the mockery of the taller.

 

“Okay then, lover boy. Stop sulking and I’ll let you choose the first ride.” Sungyeol patted his head as if talking to a kid.

 

Myungsoo, unable to contain his excitement, grabbed his hands again and pulled him inside the park, following the guide trail to the T-express. They waited in line and suddenly, Sungyeol felt the other hugging him from behind so his initial reaction was to elbow him on the ribs.

 

“Ow, what was that for?” Myungsoo winces while doubling over and clutching on the area the bony structure of his friend met with.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter