Chauffer

Iced Americano

“So!” Minji leaned over my desk, looking at me with a devilish grin. “You’re together now, right?” 

 

“...no.” 

 

“You’re joking!” She gasped, slamming her hands on my desk. “You didn’t say anything?”

 

“Her boss was calling her back to work. I didn’t want her to-”

 

“You could’ve texted her- No, you could’ve at least texted me!” She groaned, running her fingers through her hair, then held out her hand to me. “Gimme.”

 

“Give you what?”

 

“Your phone.”

 

“No.”

 

“I’m trying to save your hopeless .” 

 

“No.”

 

“I have two lovely future wives. You can’t even get one date.” 

 

I sighed, and pulled my phone from my pocket, holding it up. She reached for it. I held it back. “Don’t you dare send anything. Don’t take too long, either. I need to get to the cafe for lunch.”

 

“Okay, okay, just give it!” She whined.

 

“Promise you won’t do anything.” 

 

“I promise!” 

 

As soon as my phone touched her hand, she clasped it close to her body and scrolled through our messages. I rested my head on my desk. I’d never hear the end of it if she found something she didn’t like- 

 

“Ooh!” 

 

-or liked a lot. 

 

“Siyeon, you sly dog! What did you do to make her so shy?” She exclaimed, hopping up to sit on my desk. 

 

“We kissed. Now, get to saving my ‘hopeless ’.” I grumbled, leaning back in my chair. 

 

“Just a kiss? No, no, no, a kiss wouldn’t do this.” Minji scoffed. “You two got hot and heavy, didn’t you? How far did you get? Tell me everything-”

 

“We didn’t get very far. Just kissing. I didn’t even get her shirt off- why am I telling you, anyways?” I snatched my phone back and made sure Minji didn’t send anything. “Just work your lesbian magic.” 

 

“I don’t need to.” She shrugged, leaning back. “You both wanna get down and dirty.” 

 

“Sure, and that’s great, but I don’t want it to be a one-time thing.” I sighed.

 

“You asked her to be your sugar baby, right? Did she say anything…?” 

 

“She said she needed time to think.” 

 

“See if she’s done thinking.” She stole my phone away and started typing, but I got it back before she could send it. 

 

“‘So, you wanna come to my place later?’?” I read the message out loud before erasing it. “Really, Minji? That’s your magic?” 

 

“Being direct is good. It shows you know what you want, and girls like that.”

 

“Whatever.” I stood up and pulled my blazer on, slinging my purse over my shoulder. “I gotta go meet her at the cafe.” 

 

“Ooh, you’re gonna continue where you left off, huh?” 

 

“Shut up.” I mumbled, feeling my face heat up. 

 

“Have fun!” Minji giggled as she watched me step out of my office. I felt like I was in the elevator for hours before reaching the ground floor, although it definitely wasn’t any more than a minute. Employees bowed in respect as I passed; I normally would have at least nodded in return, but I just wanted to see Bora’s smile and hear her voice. I needed to make sure she wasn’t overworking herself. 

 

I hopped in my Lamborghini and started the engine. I looked at the empty passenger seat; memories of Bora in that tiny skirt flooded back. A shiver of excitement ran through me. God, I couldn’t stop thinking of Bora in that way, not since our little encounter in her break room. I drove out of the car park, forcing myself to focus on things other than her strong thighs. As soon as I parked at the cafe, I checked out my outfit one last time. My white blazer was spotless, and none of the golden buttons had a single scuff or scratch. The black button-up I wore under my blazer was tucked neatly into my pleated white pants. All was well. I stepped out of my car, and entered the cafe. My chest was fit to burst with excitement. My eyes landed on Bora, and her eyes found mine. A smirk crossed my face while she struggled to bite back a smile. Thankfully, there was no line, so I could walk right up to that angel.

 

“Iced americano?” She asked, unable to hide her grin anymore. 

 

“Of course. I’d like a cinnamon roll, too.” I hummed. “Also, if you need anything, just add it to my order. Hopefully you can take your lunch break soon.” 

 

“I- I can’t just add whatever I want.” Her cheeks turned pink. 

 

“Then add a sweetened iced americano and a slice of chocolate cake.” 

 

“Thank you...I kinda feel bad about-” 

 

“Don’t feel bad, sweetheart.” I spoke gently, and handed her a twenty-dollar bill. Her face turned even pinker. I went to find a seat before she could even attempt to hand me the change. I chose a secluded spot towards the back of the cafe, away from where the majority of people were eating. It wasn’t long before Bora brought my order to me, and sat in the chair across from me. “How are you feeling?” 

 

“I’m really tired, to be honest.” She sighed, and took a sip of her americano. “I, um...actually wanted to talk to you about the whole...you know, um…”

 

“What happened yesterday?” 

 

“No!” She shook her head back and forth. “Or, well...I guess it kind of has something to do with that, but not really…? Anyways, you remember when you, uh...asked me to be...you know?” She mumbled, focusing on the table. 

 

“My sugar baby?” I filled in the gap for her, getting more and more nervous with each second. She nodded. 

 

“I made a decision, and um…” She giggled nervously, and looked like she was about to collapse in on herself from embarrassment. “I want to.” She whispered. I could just barely hear it; I wondered if I heard wrong. 

 

“You want to…?” I asked cautiously. She nodded. Her face was totally red with embarrassment. I was about to jump out of my chair and drag her out of the cafe right there. She was too cute for her own good. “Thank you.” 

 

“Really?” She looked up. I nodded, unable to hold back a smile. “I should be the one thanking you!” A smile grew on her face, too. My chest felt light and soft and warm with love for this girl. I shook my head, taking her hands in mine, and kissed each one. 

 

“Nope. Thank you, thank you, thank you.” I mumbled against her soft little hands, pulling an adorable giggle from her. “Now eat up. I know you’re exhausted...and when is your last day of work?”

 

“Tomorrow is my last day.” She answered shyly. I grinned, and pulled her hands close again, kissing each of them before letting go. 

 

“Please eat up.” I gestured to the slice of cake I bought for her. She nodded, and cut off a piece before eating it. She had dark circles under her eyes, my poor girl. I wanted nothing more than to bring her home and tuck her into bed for a nap. I could only imagine how adorable she’d be, curled up in one of my sweaters under a pile of plush blankets. Sure, I had plenty of less pure thoughts running through my mind, now that she was really mine, but she was so exhausted… She must have noticed my staring; she furrowed her eyebrows in confusion and looked up at me with a little pout on her lips. “Sorry.” I chuckled. “I’m just...I’m really grateful you agreed.” 

 

Her face quickly turned red, and she looked back down at her cake. “Me too.” She mumbled, a small smile gracing her face. It took every ounce of self-restraint I had in me to hold myself from just...squeezing her in the tightest hug I could muster, and kissing her cheeks, forehead, nose, everywhere I could reach. I took a bite of my cinnamon roll instead. 

 

“Do you want a ride back to campus?” I asked, after swallowing my food. 

 

“I leave work at four o’clock. It would be kind of a waste of time for you to bring me to campus, right?” 

 

“Not at all. I was going to leave work early, anyways. I need to finish the prototypes for my new collection, and there’s no way I’m dragging my sewing machine into the office.” I chuckled. 

 

“When would you be leaving?” She asked, perking up. 

 

“I just need to finish some paperwork and respond to a couple of emails. I’ll probably leave around three o’clock.” I shrugged, and took a sip of my americano. A smile lit up her face for a moment, before she forced it away, biting her lip. “You really wanna ride in my car again, huh?” 

 

“No! I-I mean, yeah, but it’s not the car- it’s nothing.” She shut her eyes for a moment before opening them. “So...you’ll pick me up at four?” 

 

“If that’s what you want, then yes.” 

 

“I’ll still need to change out of my uniform, but it won’t be long...just a couple of minutes.” 

 

“Don’t worry about it, love.” I hummed. Her face absolutely lit up after that last word left my mouth. I couldn’t help but laugh; my chest just felt so light and fluttery. Bora was too damn cute, too damn sweet, too damn...perfect. Her face turned red again, all the way to the tips of her ears that peeked out from her hair. I took her hands in mine again, and squeezed them gently. “Let me know when you’re free to go on a date with me, okay? You’re just too cute.” 

 

“But you’re so pretty…” She mumbled softly. 

 

“And you’re adorable.” I grinned, squeezing her little hands again. “Just text me when you’re free, and we’ll work out a good time.” 

 

“I will, I promise.” She smiled shyly. 



 

When I came back to my office, Minji was gone. I breathed out a sigh of relief, and sat at my computer, determined to finish replying to emails as quickly as possible, and double-check our budget. It was about fifteen minutes past one o’clock, so I had an hour and forty-five minutes to get this stuff done. My fingers flew across the keyboard as I read email after email, asking about partnerships, advertisements, sponsorships, fabric orders...even in my haste, I double-checked the sender to make sure I didn’t send any invitations to cheap or underwhelming companies. I felt my phone buzz in my pocket after a while, and I instinctively checked the time in the lower right of my computer screen. I still had thirty minutes before I needed to go pick Bora up. 

 

I took my phone out of my pocket to see who had texted me, but no one did. It was a notification for Insomnia’s YouTube channel, alerting me that a new video had been uploaded. I put my phone back in my pocket and pulled up the video on my computer. The thumbnail showed six girls, one of which was my Bora. She was in that tiny red skirt, and lazily sewn jacket...I still couldn’t believe they didn’t look trashy on her. Bora’s natural beauty must cancel out the atrocities of the fabric and stitching. I clicked on the video, ready to watch the final cut of Bora’s hard work. 

 

The camerawork was fantastic, and each of the members had close-up shots during the routine. Bora’s eyes were dark and alluring. Her lips were mesmerizing as she mouthed the words to the song. Her movements were powerful and sharp, filled with energy. It was amazing how she could act so charismatic while performing, but once the choreography ended, she transformed back into the angelic girl I knew and loved - not that I didn’t also love this side of her. I kept rewatching the video, following Bora’s movements, watching the muscles in her thighs flex… I glanced at the clock on my computer by sheer chance, and it was half past three o’clock. Oops. 

 

I turned off my computer, grabbed everything I needed to work on the collection (which I called the “Bollection”), and shot out of my office. It would only take a few minutes to get there, but I wanted to arrive earlier so I could . As soon as I parked my car, the mental image of Bora in that tiny skirt invaded my mind. Memories of what we nearly did in the breakroom flooded back to me. My heart rate started to pick up speed, and my breaths came out faster. I shook my head at the sensation of heat dripping from my stomach to my core. Now wasn’t the time. Bora was overworked and would probably have another late night of practice tonight. She needed rest. I turned off the engine, then pocketed the keys before climbing out. I leaned back on my elbow, resting on the hood. My eyes searched behind the cafe’s windows for a sight of Bora, but she was nowhere to be seen. It was almost four o’clock, so she may be changing clothes already. My stomach flip-flopped as unwelcome thoughts of a topless Bora flooded in. The heat came back with such vengeance; I had to cross my legs to feel even a tiny amount of relief. I cursed my erted mind, and looked at my Rolex in hopes of keeping my hormones at bay. Still not quite four o’clock. 

 

“Sorry to keep you waiting!” I looked up to see Bora jogging out of the cafe. She was dressed rather simply, in just a loose t-shirt and skinny jeans, and she had two bags clumsily bouncing against her side, but of course she made it look revolutionary. 

 

“It’s no problem. I wasn’t waiting long, anyways.” I chuckled, once Bora came to a halt in front of me. I caught a glimpse of her sparkling eyes before she shyly cast her gaze downward. “You’re actually early.” 

 

“Yeah, but still…” 

 

“No ‘but’s.” I took her hand in mine, and led her to the passenger side of the car, then opened the door for her. She sat down, and set her bags on top of her lap before putting on her seatbelt. I walked around the front of the car and sat in the driver’s seat. I put on my seatbelt, turned the engine on, then rested a hand on the steering wheel. I looked over at her; her hands were folded politely on top of her bags, and she was gazing at me with those gorgeous dark brown eyes. She quickly shifted her gaze to her lap, though. “Once we get to your campus, I’ll need you to direct me to whatever building you need, okay?” 

 

“Okay.” She looked back up at me with a little smile on her pink lips. I was still a little hot and bothered from the mental image of a topless Bora, and found myself staring at them. I forced myself to shut my eyes, and I turned my gaze forward, beginning the short drive to her campus. “Sorn uploaded the cover you saw us recording...did you happen to see it yet?” 

 

“I did.” I replied, as if I didn’t watch that damn video over and over for nearly an hour, drooling over the girl next to me. “You’re really talented, you know?” 

 

“Ah...thank you.” She giggled quietly. I glanced at her out of the corner of my eye to see her tuck a loose strand of hair behind her ear. “I really missed it...we just accepted a new member last night, and it all reminded me of how much I love Insomnia and how badly I need to dance.” 

 

“A new member?” I asked, glancing at her again. 

 

“Yeah. I met her once before she auditioned, so her first impression of me wasn’t too bad, but...my teammate Yeeun dragged me in to watch while I was in the middle of changing.” She let out another adorable giggle, and I had to bite my lip to keep myself calm. She was too damn attractive, and having the mental image of an undressed Bora in my mind for the third or fourth (I can’t keep track anymore) time that day was getting to be too much. “How’s your new collection coming along?” 

 

“Ah, that...I haven’t started actually making the pieces yet, but I’m starting tonight. They’re all planned out; I just need to scale up the patterns in my sketchbook.” I explained, grateful that my voice didn’t waver too much. I saw her nod in my peripheral vision, and noticed her fidgeting with her fingers. My hand that wasn’t occupied with the steering wheel reached over and interlaced our fingers. Her small hand quickly squeezed mine in return. 

 

“Okay, so...take a left.” She spoke up when we reached her university’s campus. “Then, take a right turn at the stop sign.” 

 

“Is it that modern-style building with huge windows?” I asked.

 

“Yep!” She responded, giving my hand another squeeze. I pulled up to the building to drop her off; a little pout formed on her lips, and she looked back at me. “I, uh…” She looked down at her lap, then back at me. 

 

“What’s wrong?” I asked gently. 

 

“Um...I don’t know what I’m doing.” She sighed as a red blush took over her cheeks. “Just, uh...could you park? For a second?” 

 

“Of course.” I hummed, following her odd request, I found a parking space near the building and pulled in. She glanced around for a moment, then relaxed back in her seat, a shuddering breath flew past her lips. 

 

“I really don’t know what I’m doing.” She whispered. 

 

“Are you having second thoughts?” I asked. She shook her head.

 

“It’s not that at all. It’s really not.” She took another deep breath, then looked at me. Her cheeks were burning red, and she squeezed my hand tight. “, I just wanna kiss you.” She whispered, barely loud enough for me to hear. That was all I needed to hear. Hearing her swear, hearing her little whispers...it sent shock waves down between my thighs. I reminded myself that the poor girl was probably exhausted, and she had to go to class, and she still had dance rehearsal afterwards, and she didn’t sleep much last night. I unbuckled my seatbelt, and leaned over to press a soft kiss to her pretty lips. It wasn’t nearly enough to calm my screaming hormones; if anything, it only riled me up more to have a taste of her. I couldn’t help myself. I pressed a couple more kisses to her lips. She reciprocated each one, and I even felt a little smile against my lips on the third kiss. I started to pull back, before I’d lose control of myself, but she chased me and gave me a little kiss of her own. 

 

“God, you’re evil.” I sighed. She giggled innocently, then kissed my lips again. It wasn’t just a peck this time, either. She swiped her tongue across my lower lip, and that was it. I reached over to unbuckle her seatbelt, and pulled away from the kiss. “Put your bags anywhere, I don’t care. Just...get on my lap.” She pushed her bags to the floor in front of her seat, and got up. I helped her shuffle over the center console, and wrapped my fingers around her delicate waist before guiding her back down to straddle my hips. Those familiar small hands found their grip on my shoulders. Her breaths were shaky, and her thighs kept trembling. I waited for her to relax, if she could. She slid one of her hands along my shoulder, her eyes devoted entirely to its path, until a finger brushed against my neck. She brushed it against one of my more prominent tendons, then let it dip to my collarbone. Her gaze returned to meet mine. The voice of reason, still clinging to the back of my mind, begged me to check the time, and begged me to let this girl go to class. I ignored it, and pressed my lips against hers in a slow, gentle kiss. “Are you okay?” I whispered, pulling away a little and opening my eyes to take in her cute, slightly parted lips. 

 

“Y-Yeah. I just- I don’t wanna, you know...not in a car.” She mumbled. I chuckled, and kissed her again, on her lower lip a little bit before letting go. 

 

“We won’t, I promise.” I hummed, then kissed her cheek. “I know, it’s a bit cramped...not the ideal romantic place for us to mess around.” She giggled, then leaned forward, burying her face in the crook of my neck. “Do you do photoshoots or anything like that?” 

 

“Occasionally. Why do you ask?” I wrapped my arms around her in a loose hug, struggling to avoid giving in to my urges. 

 

“Do you have any coming up?” She asked, lips brushing against my skin. 

 

“I don’t...” I responded, a bit curious about her sudden interest. I felt her smile, then undo a few of the buttons at the top of my shirt, then gently pull the fabric apart to expose my upper chest. My heart was pounding against my chest. One of her hands came to rest over it; she giggled softly before kissing my collarbone a couple of times before giving it a soft bite. I leaned my head back, and ran my fingers through her hair. I let out a quiet sigh of pleasure as she switched from scratching her teeth against the sensitive skin to on it. She soon went back to teasing the skin with her teeth, drawing a shaky breath from deep within my chest. My hips threatened to up against her, desperate for some friction. Her tongue ran along the little indentations from her teeth, then her lips were against my skin again, and she on the tender skin a bit more. “Bora…” I sighed out, massaging her scalp with my fingertips as she worked to leave the darkest, most prominent hickey she could manage. She grinned, teeth brushing against bruised skin. I felt a couple of kisses against the patch of skin she abused. I opened my eyes, though I didn’t remember closing them. I was greeted by Bora’s proud grin, which quickly disappeared as she leaned in to kiss my cheek. 

 

“I guess I did pretty good, then…?” She purred. My hands slid down to her , giving it a firm squeeze. That was enough to shake her burst of confidence. A soft gasp fell past her lips. If it weren’t for the single shred of self-restraint I had left, I would’ve pulled her hand down my pants right then and there. I slid my hands under her shirt instead, and scratched lightly at her back. 

 

“Don’t get too cocky.” I hummed softly, as she buried her face in my shoulder. I felt her soft lips form a smile, and her eyelashes fluttered against my skin. 

 

“Can I just stay here instead of going to class? I’m gonna be late, anyways.” She mumbled. I jumped out of my skin, and checked the time on my phone. It was a bit past five. 

 

“What time does your class start?” I asked, shifting around to try to get her to move off of me, but to no avail. She just tightened her grip, and nuzzled her warm face against my skin. 

 

“Four-thirty,” she whined, digging her nails into me for a stronger grip, “so I’m already, like...how late? Twenty minutes?” 

 

“Thirty-five.” I groaned. “I don’t wanna keep you out of class.” 

 

“Please? I’m really tired, and I’ve practically missed half of class already. There’s no point in going.” She let out a small yawn, then re-buried her face against me. I couldn’t say “no” to that. 

 

“You wanna head back to your dorm and take a nap?” I offered. 

 

“Can I just...stay here?” She asked softly. I responded by reclining the seat back a bit; not so much that we were completely horizontal, but enough to be comfortable. I sat up a little bit, took off my jacket, laid back down, and draped it around Bora’s shoulders. I fiddled with it a bit, to make sure it would keep Bora warm if she really did fall asleep, then wrapped my arms around her, holding her against me. “Thank you.” She mumbled, and kissed my cheek. “I’ll try to stay awake.” 

 

“It’s okay.” I hummed, moving one hand up to comb through her hair, gently removing any knots I made earlier. I finally felt the heat that was about to drive me insane begin to dissipate, leaving a comforting warmth in my chest behind. I shut my eyes, twirling strands of Bora’s hair around my finger. “When do you need to go to practice?” 

 

“Uh...seven, I think.” She was barely audible, and her voice was low and crackly. The poor girl was exhausted, and our little “session” probably didn’t help. I wanted to apologize, but she’d have to speak in order to respond, and it seemed like even speaking was a chore. I felt her hand slowly travel to the patch of skin she bruised. She let out a tired, but cute, giggle as she traced around the faded border, making smaller and smaller circles before she ran her finger over the darkening purple center. I couldn’t help but grin. Bora seemed so proud of her work; it was endearing, even if it was a hickey. “I like to bite, if you couldn’t tell.” 

 

“Oh really? I had no idea.” I replied, my voice dripping with sarcasm. She let out another tired giggle, and nuzzled her face into my skin again. A comfortable silence soon settled between us, and Bora’s breathing evened out. My eyes closed as well, and I drifted off to sleep. 



 

“Deo dalkomhage drip, drip, drip…

Deo gangnyeolhage drip, drip, drip…”

 

Bora groaned, and blindly slapped at the passenger seat. “, what time is it…?” She mumbled, eventually laying across the center console and opening her duffel bag. She pulled out her phone and tapped it before putting it to her ear.

 

“I dunno…” I mumbled back.

 

“Hey, what’s up…?” Her voice was still low from sleepiness. I wasn’t awake enough to think properly, so I responded.

 

“Nothing much, I just fell asleep with a cute girl on top of me.” 

 

“Not you.” Bora grumbled, looking back at me, then turning her gaze forward again. “No, no, I meant- forget it. Just...what is it?” There was a moment of silence, just long enough for my eyelids to fall back down. “What?!” She yelped, making me shoot upright in a rush of adrenaline. She turned back to look at me, and mouthed an apology. “I’ll be right there. I promise. I’m literally on my way right now. I totally passed out, I-” She paused for a moment, as whoever was on the other end of the call probably spoke. “Yeah, I’m so glad tomorrow’s my last day, I wouldn’t be able to survive… No, I can still come. I’m fine!” She whined a little, then heaved out a sigh. She was quiet for a while before speaking up. “I won’t get sick, I-” Silence filled the car again, and I laid back down in my seat. “I slept! It was two hours, but-” I heard the voice coming from the phone get louder before suddenly quieting back down. “I know… I love you, too. I’ll get plenty of sleep tonight, I promise.” She hung up the call, then pulled her upper body off of the center console, sitting upright on my lap. 

 

“What happened?” I asked, propping myself up on my elbows. 

 

“It’s seven-fifteen. The girls were worried about me.” She sighed, a small pout on her lips. 

 

“I’m sorry.” 

 

“Why are you sorry?” She asked, eyebrows furrowed in confusion. 

 

“I shouldn’t have fallen asleep.” I sighed. She shook her head, and laid on top of me again. 

 

“I didn’t think I was gonna fall asleep. We were both tired, and we both fell asleep.” She pressed a kiss to my cheek, then sat up again. “If I could go back, I wouldn’t want it any other way. That’s the best nap I’ve had in a long time.” 

 

“I’ll take you back to your dorm, so you can sleep properly.” I offered. 

 

“Thank you.” She mumbled. “I’ve been a handful today, I’m sorry.” 

 

“I wouldn’t want it any different.” I grinned, sitting up. I brought the back of the seat back up as well, and tilted my head from side to side, stretching my neck. Bora flopped back into the passenger’s seat, and put on her seatbelt. She looked at me with a pout, and hugged my jacket around her shoulders. I chuckled, and the engine. “It has to be dry-cleaned, so bring it to me when it gets dirty. Don’t try to wash it yourself.” A grin took over her face, and she wiggled her arms into the sleeves before hugging herself. 



 

I closed the door behind me, and kicked off my shoes. I definitely needed to unpack everything; things were going so well with Bora, and I didn’t want the messiness of my place to become an obstacle. I also needed to get the “Bollection” started. I stopped for a moment to have a small reality-check. Was I really about to pull an all-nighter for one girl that I hadn’t gone on a single date with? A girl I had known for...how long? Not even a month? 

 

I already gave her my four-thousand dollar jacket, so there’s no going back. 

 

I sorted through the mountain of cardboard boxes, putting all of the boxes of fabric, thread, and sewing equipment in one pile. The furniture I hadn’t placed was all in a clump in the middle of what would be a sort of living room or common area. All of the boxes that belonged in the bedroom were moved there, and I finally brought my mattress upstairs. I sat on the stairs after everything was sorted, still not unpacked, and heaved a massive sigh. I needed coffee- no, I needed espresso. I needed a kick. 

 

My feet thumped down the stairs, and I picked up the box containing my precious espresso machine. I unpacked the shiny, sleek black appliance and quickly set it up, placing it next to my coffee maker. I popped a capsule inside, set a mug underneath the nozzle, and turned it on. It didn’t take long for steaming hot caffeinated goodness to fill it up. I took a couple of sips before setting the mug back down on the counter, and returning to the mountain of sewing equipment. I propped my hands on my hips and sighed, looking from the mannequin to the heavy boxes of fabric, to that heavy sewing machine… I debated calling Minji for help. She’d probably bring Yoohyeon along, and Handong if she had a break from residency. Even if only Minji came, it’d be an extra pair of hands. I decided against it. I’d have to argue with Minji over the arrangement of the rooms, and she’d crack jokes about Bora and I the whole time. 

 

I carried the mannequin into my office first, setting it near the desk. I stacked the boxes of fabric up along the wall; I could assemble the shelving unit later. I pulled my craft table in as well, and set my sewing machine on top of it. Good enough. I left my in-home office, and closed the tinted-glass doors. Bora probably wouldn’t be in there much, there was no need to worry about that room. Besides, the fabric was organized in the boxes, and I had everything I needed. The most important part was the big, open living area that you saw as soon as you entered. It was time to put my small amount of interior design expertise to work.