I'll Be Back

License To Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun happily hopped out of her home onto the front patio when she heard the familiar car horn. She skipped towards the 2008 silver soft top wrangler jeep, jumping in and greeting her girlfriend with a sweet peck. Joohyun’s lips lingered on Seungwan’s; she truly couldn’t get enough of her sweet kisses. Joohyun drew back and her eyes went wide when she noticed the change of her girlfriend’s appearance.

 

“Wannie, you cut your hair!”

 

“You like it Hyun?”

 

Joohyun immediately runs her fingers in the short black tresses and beams as she pecks the girl again.

 

“I love it… I love you.”

 

Seungwan just smiled again at the playful brunette and thanked her lucky stars her girlfriend was by her side.

 

Joohyun smiled in her sleep at the memory and opened her eyes as she sensed light…waking up was even better than the dream because the blonde was in deep slumber with furrowed eyebrows as if she was concentrating hr in sleep.

 

Joohyun really took her time to look at the girl and ran her fingers under the pads of her eyes, the prominent dark circles were hard to miss as well as the puff eyes from all the crying. Joohyun silently vowed that after this was all over she would give all her love to heal the both of them; especially after last night.

 

Last night…

 

Joohyun remembering the events quickly checked under the duvet to find she was still fully clothed in her pyjamas. After the crying fest Joohyun passed out from all the tears and mixed exhausting. Not remembering the events but jumping the gun, Joohyun’s face reddened at the thought of her and Seungwan sleeping together after a long time. Her thoughts wondered to the girl stripping her suit off whilst she sat in a bed, waiting patiently and before Joohyun could get to the best part in her daydream the blonde jostled slight.

 

Joohyun cupped the blonde’s face and pecked her lips slowly and softly until the blonde opened a curious eye.

 

“Morning Wan”

 

“Surely, this is heaven right?”

 

Joohyun cackled at the comment and held her stomach from laughter whilst the blonde had space to sit up properly.

 

“That was the best sleep I’ve had in ages. Can I please wake up to you every morning?” Wendy beamed

 

“Hmm… it depends on your cooking skills because I am starving. Tell you what, if you make a good breakfast then I’ll considering waking you up every morning and if it’s an extra good breakfast… I might just give you some sugar for those pancakes” Joohyun smirked but laughed when she saw the blonde lose her cool and zoom to the kitchen.

 

“Move Byul…. Where are the eggs… No one enter the kitchen; my mornings are at stake here?!” Irene chuckled as she heard the rummaging in the kitchen.

 

After washing up she entered the kitchenette and gave a nod to Moonbyul and Yongsun. Her feet led her to the blonde and she wrapped her in a back hug as Seungwan cooked breakfast in a pan over the stovetop. Feeling warm and familiar, Joohyun snuggled into Seungwan more.

 

“didn’t you do this to me all the time before?” Seungwan asked the girl attached to her like a koala

 

Joohyun just nodded in her embrace and pecked her nape as a yes.

 

“C’mon you tree huger, let’s eat and then you can tell me if I’ve fulfilled my duty so I can get that morning wake up call.”

 

Seungwan led them to the table and that sat across from each other; Joohyun moaned when she tasted the delicious cooked breakfast of waffles and banana pancakes. Seungwan just watched the other eat intently and leaned over to wipe a drop of maple syrup from Joohyun’s lips and put the residue in . Joohyun kept her eyes on the other as she smiled and said a happy tasty. Joohyun truly loved this moment it felt so domestic and it seemed as if that period of Seungwan’s disappearance didn’t happen; everything felt so…natural.

 

-----

 

Back in the bedroom, Wendy was packing up the weapons, clothes and essentials MoonByul gave her. Irene was just looking around the room aimlessly deep in her thoughts.

 

“Why can’t we just stay here?” Seungwan looked at her, Joohyun continued with her blabbering.

 

“Moonbyul could find us a small house or something in the forest. It would just be us, out of sight and most importantly out of danger.. why couldn’t we just start a lives for ourselves here Wan, as new people.” Joohyun as now facing the other girl and holding her hands. Seungwan looked down and shook her head.

 

“It’s not that simple baby. I wish it was trust me; I really wish it was. But you’re not looking at the greater picture. You have family, friends, a career… if you went missing the world would surely go on a manhunt for their goddess of Peace Irene Bae. Equally, I’ve lived too many years off the radar; falling off the face of the earth is not something I want to continue doing. I want to re-start my life as Seungwan. I want a life…with you. So please, hold on a little longer, if you don’t testify then that bastard gets to walk away and torment more people and become a threat. I may be the trained agent here Hyun but you’re the one saving the world.” Wendy kissed each knuckle of the girl and continued packing.

 

Joohyun was now convinced, she had to do this. She didn’t want to but it was for the greatest good and she did it partly for Seungwan or in order to start her new life with Seungwan.

 

Walking out of the house with their bags the couple saw MoonByul and Yongsun swaying on a swing on their patio. Wendy on reflex caught the car keys the other blonde threw at her and her eyes widened at the vehicle parked in the driveway.

 

“No Way! Byul, I’ve been dreaming off this car non-stop” Seungwan gawked at the 2008 silver jeep wrangler with a soft top.

 

“Every lesbian’s dream car.” Moonbyul chuckled and told Wendy to take care of her ‘baby’.

 

Joohyun chuckled to herself at the girl’s excitement and was fond of her memory from this morning “some things never change huh?” and proceeded to the car.

 

“Byul, you have no idea how much I owe you. Thank you so much.” Wendy thanked her dear friend and MoonByul waved her hand.

 

“No worries, it was great to catch-up. I wish you all the best or should I say you two. You deserve happiness Wan and I’m sure Joohyun can bring that to you. Stay safe and remember to keep in contact once you begin your new life.” Wendy nodded and made her way to the new car with the raven already sitting inside. Hopping in she gave one last grateful look to the couple then looked beside her to Joohyun and her mission mode was .

 

Wendy felt the vibrations of the car and drove out of the driveway, once they got on the motorway she picked up a gadget and stated her location and status into it. Joohyun just looked out the window watching the Yeosu water shine brightly…she would definitely have to return with Seungwan sooner or later.

 

Joohyun then felt a hand on hers and a worried Wendy. “You alright Hyun you seem dazed?” Wendy shifted her head to the left slightly in a questioning look.

 

“I’m fine, just looking at the sky… the clouds are beautiful.”

 

“Correct me if I’m wrong but did I get you a book about clouds?”

 

“Yeah, it explained all the geographical terms for clouds for example these are cirrus clouds: wispy like cotton.” Joohyun smiled at Seungwan’s memory.

 

“How long until we get to Seoul?”

 

“5 hours if we’re lucky, but we need to stop off at the agency first before we heard to the UN headquarters. We should be there by mid-afternoon” Joohyun hummed an agreement and decided to nap slightly to kill the time.

 

Joohyun woke up when she felt her head bump on the glass window, hissing in pain she looked at the blonde angrily who just gave her an apologetic but cheeky grin. Wendy just chuckled and kissed the bunny’s forehead to say sorry.

 

“I hate you” Joohyun cutely pouted

 

“Well, I love you” Joohyun’s eyes widened and started to water as the other girl said a harmless phrase but it obviously meant more to Joohyun than it did to Wendy.

 

“W-what? You can’t just say that?” Wendy looked over and panicked at the crying girl, she pulled over by the side of the motorway. Cupping the others face and wiping the tears away with her thumb, Wendy pecked her face until she stopped crying.

 

“You can’t just throw that phrase around like that Wan, I’m not too sure if It means anything to you but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter