EPILOGUE - Hello

Taxi

Kim Yongsun loves Moon Byulyi. She wants to tell it to the world but she can't. They can't.

After that night, that 'one' session never really happened only once. Yongsun found herself welcoming Byulyi to her bedroom more than once or twice. It had become a habit every time they were lonely or stressed or whenever they just 'missed' each other. They never talked about their feelings again though. They just made sure that they made each other feel what they had been repressing.

Both Yongsun and Byulyi tried to date other people, just so they wouldn't be stuck with each other all the time. But Yongsun never felt the happiness that she feels whenever she's with Byul with anyone else whom she dated. She never slept with them, she tried to, but she backed out and called Byul to come over instead. She couldn't let herself go with other people. She couldn't let herself go if it's not Byul.

They are in Hong Kong to film their comeback music video. The concept of their album very much resonated with Yongsun. It was the album concept that had been assigned to her, ironically. She had to write a solo song to fit their theme of moving on while longing for someone. It very much reflected how she feels for Byul. She had done a great job moving on with her life and setting her feelings aside, whilst still hoping that one day, she'll be free to be with Byulyi.

It was a chilly night in Hong Kong and the director was briefing them for their scenes. The MMMTV unnie was there filming behind the scenes with them whilst Solar was being her playful and loud self. She was making jokes during the briefing when the director told her that she'll have a scene with Byul. She turned into her professional mode and started processing the scenes that she needed to shoot.

The director instructed Yongsun and Byul to sit at the back of a taxi, looking gloomy and heartbroken, as their concept suggests. They showed them a clip from a famous Hong Kong film for the 'vibe'. Yongsun felt awkward as she searched for the film and found out that it was about two lovers who were toxic to each other and decided to break up. 

Yongsun entered inside the taxi where they'd shoot the scene. Byulyi was already inside, watching the film's scene on her phone intently.

"Did you see what was the film about?" Yongsun asked.

"Yep. It was really sad." Byul sighed and turned off her phone. She turned to face Yongsun. "Reminds you of someone?"

Yongsun laughed. "Yeah. They were really unfortunate."

Byul reached out for her hand and intertwined their fingers. "We are."

"Byul-ah." She tried to free her hand from Byul's grip. 

Byul tightened her grip more. "Just this once."

"You know that didn't work for us."

"I miss you." Byulyi almost whispered.

Yongsun sighed in defeat and leaned her head on the passenger seat's head rest. "We never talk about our feelings."

"I know, but sometimes I just want to forget all of this and run away with you."

"We can't do that to everyone. We can't hurt them."

Byul sighed. "I know. I hate it."

"Byul-ah, is this.. this sadness.. everlasting?"

Byul pulled her closer and looked at her with solemn eyes, “Yong, I think it is. It might be.” she pauses and takes both of Yongsun's hands into hers. “But don’t you understand? You won’t be alone again. You have me, however confusing our relationship might be, you have me.”

Yongsun didn't notice her tears from falling down. Her heart hurt a lot.

"Yong, I listened to your solo song. You wrote that, right?"

Yongsun nodded. "Reminds you of someone?"

Byulyi let out a small laugh. "Yes." Hey eyes softened. "I pray for us, too."

Yongsun smiled. She immediately wiped her tears as soon as the director shouted for them to standby. Byul squeezed her hand before letting go. She heaved a deep sigh and switched to being Solar.

The blinding lights and the cameras started rolling. The director shouted their cue. Yongsun did what she was told and conveyed her emotions through acting. She might be doing it for her job, but deep down, she knew that her feelings while filming that scene were all too real. 

Wheein and Hyejin, along with the director and staff, clapped after filiming their scene. They said that it looked too authentic. They ended the day hugging and thanking each other. Byulyi was right, Yongsun might feel sad and frustrated, but she wasn't alone anymore, and she'll never be.

Kim Yongsun doesn't know how long she has to wait until she could say Hello to a life with the love of her life, with her Byulyi. But Kim Yongsun will wait, she will wait for that moment no matter how many years it might take. 

 

 

a/n: whew that was the end! it was a bit open-ended and a bit angsty. thank you all for the comments, subscriptions, and upvotes!