Eight: Friendly Encounters

Selene 6.23
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Eight: Friendly Encounters


 

“Since when did your room turn into a flower shop?”

 

Naeun finished applying powder on her face before facing Eunji. “You’re done?” she asked, ignoring her friend’s statement.

 

Eunji was standing at the doorway of her room dressed in a simple black dress. Her hair was tied into a high ponytail except for a few loose strands framing her face. The combination of smokey eye makeup and red lipstick gave her friend an alluring aura.

 

“Yeah,” Eunji answered nonchalantly, her eyes looking around the room.

 

“Stop looking,” she reprimanded, rolling her eyes. “They’re just flowers.”

 

She couldn’t blame her friend though. It’s not everyday you walk into a bedroom overly decorated with flowers. Baby’s breath and white and pink roses were found in every corner of her room.  Those were all the flowers Taemin got for her on her birthday. There were some on her dressing table, by the window, and on the floor.

 

Since it was late when he dropped her off at her parents’ house, she only took the rose teddy bear and the leftover cake with her. To her surprise, he got them delivered to her apartment. She only found out when she got home after celebrating her birthday with her family.

 

After taking one appreciative look at herself in the mirror, she stood up and grabbed her clutch. “Okay, I’m ready,” she smiled.

 

Unlike her friend, she opted not to wear a dress. Instead, she was wearing black leather pants paired with a corset style top of the same color. To complete her look, she threw a faux-fur maroon coat over her shoulders.

 

“We need to hurry,” Eunji pressed, half running towards the main door. “They were already there,” she added.

 

“Wait, my shoes!” Naeun dashed to her shoe closet and grabbed a pair of black Christian Louboutins. It’s one of her favorite pairs. She liked how its soles contrasted with its black color. The shoes’ red lacquered soles were the perfect pop of color she was looking for.

 

After being stuck in traffic for half an hour, they had finally arrived at their destination. It was an exclusive club with three floors. From what she heard, every floor was different, each having its own unique theme.

 

“Yah, what took you guys so long?” Bomi greeted, handing her a Cosmo which she gladly accepted.

 

“Traffic,” she answered, and took a sip from her drink.

 

The dinner that got cancelled the other day ended up becoming a girl’s night at a club. Her friends whined about wanting to relax and unwind so they all agreed to go out for drinks. Her idea of relaxing was actually getting facials and massages, but she didn’t protest and indulged her friends. She still felt bad about cancelling on them last minute. This was her way of making up to them.

 

Three glasses of Cosmo and several shots of tequila later, Naeun found herself in the middle of the dance floor. She was giggling with Namjoo as they move their bodies with the beat of the music. The smell of perfume mixed with sweat and alcohol filled the dance floor.

 

“This is so much fun!” Namjoo exclaimed, throwing her hands in the air.

 

She laughed and swayed her hips along with the music. With the alcohol in her system, she’s more carefree and less restrained. She had to admit, she also liked this way of relaxing.

 

After two songs, they were joined by the rest of their members. With all six of them, gathered in one spot, it was natural for them to attract attention. There were a few guys who attempted but failed to dance with them. There was this one guy who tried to catch her off guard by coming from behind her, but she had already seen him from the corners of her eyes. When she shot him a cold look, his shoulders slumped then he walked away in defeat.

 

After dancing non-stop for minutes, her feet were starting to complain. Although she was used to dancing in heels, that didn’t mean that she wouldn’t feel the aching in her feet. “I’m going to sit for a little bit,” she yelled amidst the loud music.

 

After a few nods from her friends, she walked to their table. Eunji, who was the first to throw the towel, was already sitting by their table, quietly sipping on her margarita.

 

“Slow down on the drinks,” she advised, and looked at the time on her watch. “We have all night.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter