Chapter 3: Walk-ins

Get Off My Case
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thinking about who was coming from them was something Dahyun couldn’t focus on at this moment. Because, once her mind went to the thought of actually having an enemy who planned on killing either her or any other person, it scared her. Wanted to block out everything regarding the subject. You could say that the responsibility for having to protect the entire city freaked her out.  

 

Besides, she had a birthday party for her best friend to help plan. She didn’t want to have to think about saving the world, just wanted to be a normal teenager for once again. The wound on her shoulder had finally healed, but it took its time. Mina with a bottle of rubbing alcohol was now added on the list from her fears.

 

“Chae, calm down. Tzuyu is not going to notice the difference between these balloons; they’re the same color.” They had been walking around the store, looking for the decorations of the party that was happening this Saturday. The younger girl had whined for her to come with her to pick up all the necessities, but Dahyun had not known it would’ve been this much of a stress. 

 

The death glare Chaeyoung send her made her back down, throwing her hands up in defense. She might be small, but the younger girl could be terrifying. 

 

Scanning the aisles, Dahyun found balloons that all looked the same shade of purple, at least, she couldn’t tell the difference. Picking up a random bag she held it up. “Found them.”
 

 

Chaeyoung immediately turned around with a scoff, took the bag out of her hands only to throw it back in. “That's not the color Dahyun! Focus.”

 

“They’re purple! They’re all the same color.” Dahyun exclaimed with a sigh, didn’t understand what the big deal was, but also did understand. Chaeyoung never did something without trying to score 10 out of 10. Everything had to be perfect, especially if it was something for the Taiwanese girl. 

 

“Those were Violet Dahyun.” 

 

“Right,” She nodded to herself, reached out for another pair of balloons, a shade of purple that was the exact same color as the ones she just picked up, only her hands never got the balloons in her hands. Chaeyoung had slapped her hand away before she could reach them.

 

“Don’t even think about taking those Lilac balloons Dahyun, they don’t even look alike.” 

 

“They’re pretty and purple, just take those.” She mumbled out. 

 

“No.”

 

It was easy to say that it took them five more trips to different stores to find the right color of balloons. Indigo was apparently the color she wanted for the girl, but not the blue kind. They had to be purple. And so it went on, from the type of cake she had to order, to the drinks they had to buy. Dahyun had really trained her eye muscles that day. 

 

But, she couldn’t deny that she hadn’t enjoyed the day out with her friend, finally feeling the ordinary things in life again. Dahyun had moved out of her dorm after the accident. Her roommate wasn’t someone who she was actually close with, so that hadn’t caused a lot of questions. The accident had come with a lot of difficulties. Something she wouldn’t have been able to explain to her roommate. Instead, she moved into Mina’s apartment, moving in never came as a question, it just happened, well, the older girl had basically forced her to move in. But, Dahyun knew it was better that way, had more comfort and support with her present, something she desperately needed when she had one of her nights. 

 

Moving in with Japanese girl caused her to miss those simple trips to the store because one of the things that came with living there was always having the entire house stocked with every type of grocery — a perk when she was in the mood for sweets. Hadn’t had the problems of being out of toilet paper or shampoo anymore, but it definitely wasn’t a perk when she was missing her old life. Toilet paper and shampoo was something she could buy when she was out of it; her old normal life was never coming back to her. 

 

So, when she had the time, she made sure to at least try to go to class or to keep up with her friends. One of the things she needed to keep herself sane. 

 

Normal was as simple as walking the streets of Seoul with a bag filled with groceries in both hands, while she had her best friend next to her, enjoying the sun that shined on them. “Do you want to switch bags? They look pretty heavy, and we’ve been walking for a while.”

 

Looking at the bags in her hands, both filled with liter bottles of soda, she shrugged. “I’m fine.”

 

“No need to pretend to be strong Dahyun, let’s at least split them. Come on. Mine only has chips anyway.”

 

Dahyun chuckled, she hadn’t even felt the weight in her hands. “I have muscles in my arm Chaeyoung; I’m not a baby.” 

 

Chaeyoung looked at her with a serious glare, saw her keeping her lips in, but still bursting out in laughter. “You? Muscles? That’s funny.”

 

“You’d be surprised.” She simply replied. “I mean, I’m the one who’s been carrying those bottles to your dorm. So, yes, Chaeyoung, I have muscles in my arm, and they actually function too.”

 

The girl next to her gave her a shocked expression. “You’ve been working out without me Kim?” She teased. Dahyun only smiled, gave the younger girl a soft push, knew that if she pushed too hard, the girl would be a few feet further away, laying against a wall. How she found out about that? Experience. Jeongyeon had said something, and her first reaction was to give her a little push, as a joke. Now that she thinks about it, that might be the reason why the older girl hates her.

 

“Dahyun?” The girl next to her asked softly. Turned around and met her eyes, tilting her head with a smile, waiting for her to continue. 

 

“I’ve missed this.”

 

“Missed what?” 

 

“Just hanging out with you.”

 

“I’ve been here Chae. I’m not going anywhere.”

 

 

On regular days, Dahyun would’ve enjoyed the sun out, wouldn’t have used her powers in normal situations like these and walked home. But today that wasn’t the case, because the sun wasn’t out anymore, the bright sky replaced with dark clouds, rain falling out of the air. And, although she liked her showers, she would’ve rather not have it coming from cold water out of the sky. 

 

And in her defense, who would’ve walked for 20 minutes if she could be home in 5 seconds?

 

But when the door opened, and Dahyun stepped in, she suddenly wished she had gained the power to take back time. Because that walk in the rain suddenly had felt very much better than walking into the two girls making out on the couch.

 

She would’ve done anything not to have seen that. Her speed was soundless, so another bad thing was that they had yet to notice her. Or maybe they were lost in each other's worlds, Dahyun didn’t even want to think about it. Wanted to flee from this scene as soon as possible. Looking down a shirt was on the floor, laying just a few centimeters from her feet. She knew who that shirt belonged to, really wished she didn’t. Really didn't want that blonde head to be attached to the person she thought it was. Her suspensions were sadly confirmed when she picked it up with a gag and threw the item in her hands at her head. 

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter