ACT ONE: The One who Remembers

Night Zero
 

act one:
the one who remembers
 
                

Tonight the moon is out again, I never knew night could be this bright. I thought to myself as I make my way to the swing in the corner of the empty park. I used to always avoid being outside at night. I hate it, cause it’s dark and cold and I always felt like something was lurking around. But now I kinda like it. At night, not as many people are around compared to the bustling morning or afternoon. WIth no people around I could pretend like I was still in my old life, that people do see me, just not now cause no one’s here. And I can’t even feel the cold anymore anyway.

I stopped in front of the swing, imagining myself swinging back and forth. I can’t really interact with anything in this world so this is how I do things. I'd imagine I was eating a good cake or maybe smelling flowers in a garden or feeling the raindrops on my face. I can't do or feel any of those anymore, except when I was being someone else.

I know it's too late but I should have appreciated things more. I sighed and turned away from the swing. It just makes me sadder. Sometimes I think that maybe I died and got punished for all the things I did. But I don't think that was the case cause I know I'm still alive. Just stranded.

“I've made a mistake. I know I did. It was just one.” I heard a distant voice in my head. It’s happening again. I’m going to be teleported into another situation or maybe someone’s life. I don't get it, what's the purpose of this, why me?

“I never make a mistake. I really don’t.”

It’s getting clearer.

Well, I guess it's not like I have anything better to do anyway. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, surrendered to the fate I can't seem to escape.