Automatic

Year One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He's a better fit for her, she thinks.

He seems to care and that's all she could ask for, because her mom looks happy and that's all she's ever wanted for her. 

They're sitting at a diner with his son. The guy is always busy so they rarely get to see him. He works as a construction contractor like his father, except he's in charge of his own team. His dad has been trying to get him to move to his company for a while now but he says the pay is just fine at his current job.

They don't resemble each other very much, he's a pretty boy and his dad looks rougher on the edges. He must take after his mother like she takes after her father.

Her grandmother once said "you look nothing like my daughter, none of you do, yet I still have love for you."

She loves her mother and sometimes wishes she would look a little bit more like her, but her mom's good looks brought her enough trouble growing up, so on second thought she thinks she's just fine.

She doesn't need the attention.  

 

Seulgi? Seulgi! Have you decided yet?

I'm sorry, umm yeah I'd like a grilled chicken salad please. 

Okay, so I have a grilled chicken salad, two burgers, three fries wait no two fries......... they'll be coming right up. 

Is Seulgi trying a diet? 

I don't think so. 

Maybe Seulgi-ah is making room for dessert, they have really good ones here. Hey Seulgi-ah you should try their chocolate cake. 

Thanks Jongin-si, I will. 

Hey Jongin-ah, you made our waitress nervous, did you see she had trouble repeating our order?

I don't think so sae-eomoni. She's was probably just distracted. 

Our Jongin-ah is a man now Joon-ho. You really have to start saving up for his wedding day. 

He's old enough to shoulder his own expenses. 

Be easier on him Joon-ho, he's your youngest son. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter