I am [tired]

I AM [Stray Kids Hogwarts AU one shot series SEASON 2]

IMPORTANT PLS READ: 

Alright, hi everyone!!
After a whole year I finally bring you an update. I wanted to finish this series before updating but I’ve decided to forgo that. I have three one shots left to write and eight more to post including this one. I hope there won’t be any more big breaks now. I’m so sorry for making you wait this long. Thanks for still reading this series!!
Before we go on I have some kind of important things to say:

First off, I’m not sure if you have noticed but I have decided to edit Woojin out of this series a while ago and instead replace him with Astro’s Jinjin. That has two reasons.

Number one is, of course, regarding the whole thing back in September. Now, I don’t know what exactly happened or if he’s guilty or innocent, but I simply couldn’t keep him in this series after how he reacted to the accusations. Some of you may understand this, some of you may not. I just want to make it clear that I no longer stan him, but I also won’t send him any death threats or something. I’m indifferent to him now and I’m really sorry if that upsets you but it’s how I feel.

Secondly, I haven’t felt all that comfortable writing about him even before September (hence my lack of updates). Initially, his departure put a huge damper on my writing for Stray Kids in general as some of you may have noticed. Then there were some implications from skz that just made it seem like they are fine with being 8. I’m not going to make up conspiracy theories and I certainly don’t believe every single thing that was said about him on the internet but there was a reason he left the group and so I no longer associate him with them. I hope you can accept that.

I didn’t want to scrap his arc because I also love Mina’s character in here, so I’ve decided to just assign another person in his place. I hope you’ll still be able to enjoy this series with Astro’s Jinjin.

Now let's get started shall we?

WARNING: minor violence, discussions of unhealthy relationships

 

Renjun sighed in defeat as he looked around in the library.

Now that the end of the school year was slowly but surely getting closer the library was almost always packed. Renjun usually liked to get his homework done here because he knew that he would only end up getting distracted (in the best way possible) by Jisung if he were to do it in the common room. But with how crowded the library was today, it seemed like that wasn’t possible.

“Renjun,” a familiar voice called out, ignoring the hasty “shhh” of the librarian. He looked over to one of the tables and found Juyeon sitting there, surrounded by a bunch of books. Renjun walked over. “Take a seat, everywhere else is packed,” Juyeon said.

“Thanks!” he said and did as he was told. “What are you up to?”

“Well, I should be studying. I feel like N.E.W.T.s are going to kick my but I’m just reading up on some Astronomy stuff that I found interesting,” Juyeon told him, chuckling.

“Oh, that’s really cool. I actually have some Astronomy homework if you’d like to assist me...”

“Sure thing,” Juyeon said. He looked around, seemingly searching for someone. When he caught Renjun’s questioning gaze, he smirked. “I was just wondering where you left Jisung. You two are always together these days.”

Renjun tried not to blush at his words and give himself away.

People had really been starting to point out his closeness with Jisung more often these days. It was always positive though, so Renjun felt like it might be time for the two of them to come clean about their relationship soon. If Jisung was ready, that is.

Renjun was fine with keeping it under wraps for as long as Jisung needed but he couldn’t deny that he sometimes felt the urge to shout his love from the rooftops so to speak.

“Jisung’s with Eric right now. Homework always comes second to Quidditch with this one,” he said fondly.

Juyeon frowned at Renjun’s words. “With Eric, huh... they also went to the Valentine’s dance together, didn’t they?” Renjun nodded, proceeding to open his Astronomy book. “Is there... is there something going on between them?”

Renjun laughed; he couldn’t help himself. “Oh no, not at all! I get why it might seem like that but they’re strictly back to being friends now after that thing last summer–”

Too late he realized his mistake.

Juyeon didn’t know about Jisung’s and Eric’s summer fling and Renjun had just spilled the beans. The older’s jaw tightened.

Renjun wanted to kick himself. Despite him and Eric not being a couple Juyeon was known to be extremely jealous when it came to Eric spending time with other guys. At the Valentine’s Dance he had practically glared daggers at Jisung before getting drunk to the point where Eric had to take him back to his dorm.

“What thing last summer?” Juyeon asked. His friendly conversational tone from earlier was out the window and replaced by a low almost-growl. Renjun waved off frantically, hoping that he could somehow prevent a disaster from happening.

“Nothing, nothing! Please forget I said anything!” Juyeon gave him a pointed look, clearly not ready to let the subject drop. Renjun sighed in defeat, mentally slapping himself for even letting it slip. “Look, I don’t know any details. Forget I even mentioned it... please?”

Juyeon balled his hands to fists and Renjun knew he was fighting a lost cause.

“I’ll kill him!” Juyeon exclaimed, jumping to his feet, abandoning his books.

“What? Who? Eric?” Renjun asked as he quickly scrambled to his feet.

“Jisung! He’s been all over Eric for way too long and I’ve had it!” Juyeon exclaimed, once again ignoring the furious librarian.

“Juyeon, that’s not–”

Renjun didn’t get much further though. Juyeon stormed off, his hands still balled to fists and his face angrier than Renjun had ever seen. With a frustrated sigh Renjun ran after him, trying to calm him down but Juyeon wouldn’t listen, dead set on finding Jisung and doing Merlin-knows-what to him.

Renjun quickly realized that there was no use in trying to stop Juyeon and instead settled on warning Jisung.

~

Juyeon stomped through the corridors intent on making his way to the Quidditch field. He only made it as far as to the entrance hall though, since he ran straight into Eric who smiled faintly upon seeing him.

“Hey Ju–”

“Where is Jisung?” Juyeon questioned, not even letting Eric finish his greeting.

“He went ahead without me. He’s probably in his common room by now, why?” Eric asked, confused.

“Is it true that you and Jisung had something going on last summer after you and I–” Juyeon cut himself off, looking around for any onlookers. Eric still seemed confused, furrowing his brows as he looked up at him.

“I don’t see how that’s any of your business but yeah, it’s true.”

Juyeon huffed, anger boiling inside of him.

How dare Jisung fool around with Eric?

He had never trusted that guy. Always way too touchy-feely with his friends. No wonder he and his girlfriend hadn’t lasted. But Juyeon wasn’t going to let this slide. He had been waiting for an opportunity to give Jisung a piece of his mind since he had seen him and Eric at the dance together.

“Juyeon, will you calm down? Why are you so mad about last summer? Who even told you about that?” Eric asked, crossing his arms over his chest, eyebrows raised.

“That doesn’t matter! I will kill Jisung!” he promised, turning on his heel to storm off again, making his way to the Ravenclaw tower, ignoring Eric’s shouts of protest.

~

“Jisung!” Renjun exclaimed, horrified to see his boyfriend, still clad in his Quidditch uniform, lounging in one of the armchairs by the fireplace in the Ravenclaw common room. He had hoped that he wouldn’t find Jisung here.

“Hey, why are you so out of breath?” Jisung asked, grinning lazily. Any other day, Renjun would have found that hot but now he just had to focus on hiding Jisung from a furious Juyeon.

“You need to hide, quick! No time to explain!” Renjun said, already in the process of pulling Jisung to his feet.

“Wha–”

Renjun was about to pull Jisung along with him but before he could take even two steps, Juyeon entered the common room, looking even more furious than before. He glared at Jisung who just seemed utterly confused at this point.

Eric had followed Juyeon, apparently, but not even he could hold the him back.

“What did I do?” Jisung questioned, looking from Eric to Juyeon and back.

Juyeon’s glare intensified and before anyone had the chance to tell Jisung what was even going on, he took a swing and punched Jisung square in the face. He would have sent him to the floor if Renjun hadn’t still been holding on to him so the two of them only staggered.

The entire common room collectively gasped. Juyeon usually wasn’t a violent person, so nobody had seen this coming at all.

“What the , man?!” Jisung exclaimed, holding his jaw.

Juyeon looked like he wanted to attack again but Eric finally stepped up. “Would you stop it? Are you completely out of your mind now?!”

Renjun focused on getting Jisung out of the line of fire for now in case Juyeon would pounce again.

“But you– a-and him?! I just...”

Eric crossed his arms over his chest, uncaring of the fact that everyone and their mom was watching this drama unfold right now. He had never felt so angry in his life.

“You don’t get to act like this, Juyeon! We weren’t dating back then and we’re not dating now, both of which is completely on you! What I do and who I do it with is none of your business, understood?!” The Ravenclaws still present seemed to die for some drama, however, Seungmin and some other prefects began to clear the room, leaving only Eric and Juyeon behind. “I can’t believe you ing punched him when he did nothing wrong!”

“Nothing wrong?! Only because we’re not officially dating doesn’t mean you can yourself out like that! I care about you!”

The room grew icy with the way Eric glared at Juyeon. He was way beyond pissed now. He was fuming to the point where he barely even felt the sting Juyeon’s words had left behind.

“You care about me? You can’t even admit that you like me! One day you reject or full-on ignore me, the next day you get drunk and tell me you kinda like me! I never once expected you to come out to the whole school or anything but maybe don’t treat the people you supposedly care about like crap next time!”

“But–”

“No, I’m not finished! You don’t have the right to beat up my friends just because you’re jealous! If you wanted me, I was right here the entire time, but you didn’t want me! And now you go ahead and call me a for trying to get over you? Jisung and I are friends, which is more than I can say about the two of us at the moment!”

Eric exhaled, trying to calm down a little bit. Juyeon simply stood there, dumbfounded. As Eric looked at him his anger started to fade, making way for the exhaustion and the pain he had tried his best to ignore for the past few months.

“I’m... I’m done, Juyeon. I’m tired of chasing after you because you only want me when you feel vulnerable. But I’m not your toy. I deserve better than this.”

With that, he pushed past Juyeon and left the Ravenclaw common room, trying to blink away the oncoming tears blurring his vision.

~

“Let me take a look at that,” Renjun said, gently taking hold of Jisung’s jaw and turning his face the slightest bit.

“I’m fine, babe. Nothing I haven’t been through before,” Jisung tried to assure him, hissing in pain when Renjun dabbed his sleeve over his cut lip.

“I’m so sorry, babe. I don’t know why that thing about you and Eric slipped out of me. Look at you, this is all my fault...” Renjun apologized.

Jisung chuckled and took both of his boyfriend’s hands away from his face to hold them. “It’s alright! It was bound to come out sooner or later anyway.”

Renjun pouted. “Still, I should kick his ...”

“Thanks babe but I think Eric’s taking care of that... I have never seen him so angry,” Jisung said.

“But he’s right to be. Juyeon always acts like he isn’t into him, but then he gets super mad when he so much as looks at another guy. I don’t know if Eric’s crush on him is very healthy...”

Jisung nodded, seriousness taking over his handsome features. “I’ve also been doubting it for quite a while. It’s taking a real toll on Eric...”

The door opened and Seungmin came in, causing the two other boys to let go of each other’s hands. “How are you holding up?” he asked Jisung.

“I’m okay, don’t worry,” Jisung waved off.

Seungmin sat down on his bed, shock still written across his face. “Why did he get so mad at you?”

“Remember when I said I kept myself busy last summer after Eunseo and I broke up?” Jisung said, grinning sheepishly and waiting for Seungmin to connect the dots. When he did, his eyes widened almost comically.

Oh,” he said, “but I thought he and Eric weren’t...”

“They’re not. And with the way things are looking right now they probably won’t,” Renjun said, sending a bitter glare in the direction of the door.

“I should probably check up on him. Is he still downstairs?” Jisung asked Seungmin who shook his head.

“He seems to have left. I don’t know where he went though.”

Jisung smiled faintly. “I think I might have an idea...”

~

As expected, Jisung found Eric in the kitchen, sitting on the long wooden table in the middle of the room cross-legged and spooning chocolate pudding into his mouth. His body was shaken by occasional sniffles, his hair looked messy and his Hufflepuff tie was undone.

Jisung made his way over to him, causing Eric to look up slightly panicked. He relaxed when he saw that it was just Jisung.

“Hey,” Jisung said.

Eric looked down at his lap, muttering a “hey” in response. He set his chocolate pudding aside and began to wring his hands together nervously. “I’m really sorry about Juyeon’s sudden outburst. You didn’t deserve that...” Eric’s voice sounded wobbly, like he was about to cry again.

“Don’t apologize. It’s not your fault,” Jisung told him, putting his hand on top of Eric’s in a comforting manner.

“Still,” Eric said, a barely suppressed sob cutting him off. “I should have ended this way sooner. It’s toxic... we’re toxic.”

“Eric...” Jisung’s heart was aching for his friend. He didn’t know what he could possibly say to make him feel better, so he opted for pulling him into a hug. That seemed to cause Eric to let go as he full-on sobbed into Jisung’s shoulder. “It’s okay, I got you...” Jisung muttered, his friend’s hair comfortingly.

He had never seen Eric break down like this before and it caused anger to bubble in the pit of his stomach.

It was all because of Juyeon.

“I just wanted to be loved...” Eric cried, his fingers tightening in the fabric of Jisung’s robes. His words caused Jisung to tear up as well. He pulled back and cupped Eric’s face, making him look at him through puffy eyes.

“Okay first off, love you. And second, I know that someday you’re going to find that special person who won’t be afraid to show you off to the world because you’re amazing!” Jisung assured him, wiping his friend’s tears before moving his hands from Eric’s cheeks to his shoulders.

“I feel so stupid right now,” Eric mumbled, lowering his head again. His sobbing had ceased but the sniffles had returned. “I spent over a year trying to get him to notice me and the only times he does is when I’m with someone else or when he thinks I’m with someone else...”

“Well, I guess to the untrained eye it could seem like we have something going on,” Jisung pointed out, thinking about the flirty nature of his and Eric’s friendship.

“That still doesn’t give him the right to hit you.” Jisung agreed with that but he chose not to voice it out loud. Eric sighed, regarding his friend with a look. “God, why can’t I just be in love with you?”

Jisung chuckled and pulled him into another hug, this one briefer than the last. “I am pretty awesome, I must admit. But you’d have to share me with Renjun.”

“That’s okay, he’s cute too,” Eric said, making them both laugh quietly. Eric reached for Jisung’s hand and gave him a look. “I already feel a little better. Thanks.”

“Do you want me to take you back to your dorm?” Jisung asked, giving his friend’s hand a reassuring squeeze. Eric nodded and proceeded to slide off the table.

Jisung didn’t let go of Eric’s hand as they made their way to the Hufflepuff quarters. He knew physical contact tended to ground Eric. It was the same for him too which was why it was so easy for the two of them to find comfort in each other.

“How’s your face doing?” Eric asked him.

“It’s fine. The throbbing has decreased significantly,” he waved off. They came to a halt in front of the Hufflepuff common room and Eric turned to face him.

“Thanks for checking on me. Otherwise, I probably would have stayed in the kitchen all night, eating chocolate pudding until I passed out...”

Jisung smiled and squeezed Eric’s hand again. “Anytime. You’re one of my best friends, Eric. Don’t forget that, okay?” They hugged once more; Eric pressed a small kiss to his cheek before wishing him a good night and disappearing into the common room.

Jisung really hoped he would be alright.

~

“Hey, where’s Seungmin?” Jisung asked upon entering the Ravenclaw sixth-year dorm, finding it empty save for Renjun sitting on his bed with his Astronomy homework spread out in front of him.

“Prefect duties. And then probably Hyunjin duties,” Renjun answered. He put his homework aside and scooted over on the bed to make room for its owner. “How’s Eric doing?”

“Not too well... I can’t imagine what it’s like to run after someone for so long only to have them disappoint you like this...” Jisung said, getting onto the bed and cuddling up to his boyfriend. “I love you. I hope you know that,” he muttered into the crook of Renjun’s neck.

“I know,” Renjun replied, slinging his arms around Jisung’s waist, “and I love you right back.”

They fell into a momentary silence. Jisung felt Renjun drawing invisible shapes onto his back with his fingertips and he shuddered a little at the tickling sensation.

“Hey, I think you should spend some time with Eric tomorrow. Take him to Hogsmeade or something. Just to get his mind off things,” Renjun suddenly suggested.

“Would that be okay for you?”

“Of course. My days of jealousy are long over. Don’t worry, I won’t deck Eric for spending time with you,” Renjun said. Jisung chuckled despite himself and the now much fainter ache in his jaw. “He needs his friend right now.”

Jisung lifted his head to look at Renjun. “I really do love you,” he said, leaning in to kiss him.

~

The next day Jisung was set on making his way down to the Hufflepuff common room to get Eric to go to Hogsmeade with him. Seungmin and Felix were already there and had agreed to meet them at Honeyduke’s.

Hyunjin would have come along as well, but lately Professor Flitwick had been in a particularly bad mood, so he had gone off on Hyunjin for not handing in an essay on time and punished him with detention.

Jisung had barely made it to his own common room when he was suddenly approached by none other than Juyeon. His jaw tightened, the dull ache returning like a reminder of yesterday’s events.

“What, are you here for a rematch?” he asked bitterly.

“I wanted to apologize. I’m sorry. I know I shouldn’t have punched you. I overreacted,” Juyeon said, surprising Jisung. Well, at least he had the decency to actually look apologetic.

But Jisung wasn’t mad about himself getting hurt. He could take a punch – although he didn’t particularly like it – but Jisung’s mind went back to a heartbroken Eric eating chocolate pudding and sobbing in the kitchen. He hated seeing his friends get hurt.

“You think?” he finally answered, his tone snappy. “Do you have any ing idea what Eric has been through because of you? For the better part of a year, he tried everything to get you to like him and you kept leading him on! I’m so tired of seeing him like this because of you!”

Juyeon’s eyes widened, then narrowed. A hint of the dangerous glint from yesterday returned to his eyes. “So there is something between you two after all?”

Jisung rolled his eyes in exasperation. “You don’t listen, do you? We’re friends. And yes, we hooked up this summer but that was because he was ing heartbroken over you!”

“Me?” Juyeon asked, pointing at himself cluelessly.

“Yes, Juyeon. You. I know what happened between you two in that tent, remember? And afterwards you went and claimed you were straight while still giving him mixed signals. He kept trying to get you to like him and–”

“I do like him!”

“Then why did you always blow him off?” Jisung asked, crossing his arms over his chest. “Look, nobody expected you to openly proclaim your love for him or some . But you could have at least told him how you feel. Or shown him that his advances weren’t fruitless. Or rejected him once and for all.”

Juyeon lowered his head in shame. “I... I was scared. You know what people in this castle here are like,” he mumbled.

Jisung, indeed, knew that all too well.

“Well, for starters, half the people in this castle are gay as anyway. I assure you, almost nobody would care. But even if you weren’t comfortable enough to come out, it is possible to keep things secret around here. Trust me, I know,” Jisung explained. “My point is... you’re not good for Eric because you can’t even acknowledge that you like him unless you feel threatened by another guy.”

Jisung walked past Juyeon, not wanting to hold off on going to see Eric any longer. Juyeon, however, spoke up again, holding him back.

“Are you going to see him? Can you tell him I’m sorry?”

Jisung sighed and looked up at him. “I can do that. But I think it would be best if you stayed away from him from now on. He needs to move on for his own good. Please.”

“But I like him!” Juyeon argued, slightly panicked.

Jisung even felt bad for him but he was glad that Eric was finally ready to accept that this had no future; that it would break him in the long run. He couldn’t encourage Juyeon now.

“Juyeon, I’m begging you. Stop playing games with him. Stop hurting him. He’s my friend and I care about him. There is no way I’m going to let you destroy him...”

“So what, I’m just supposed to forget about him completely?” Juyeon questioned bitterly.

“I think what you need to do is figure yourself out first. I get that it’s complicated. I’ve been there myself. But what you and Eric were doing this past year was toxic. He knows it and I’m sure you do too. So it’s best if you steer clear of him for now. For his sake and your own.”

With that Jisung left the common room. He replayed the conversation in his head, genuinely hoping that Juyeon would listen to his advice. Eric deserved someone who could make him happy and right now that person was not Lee Juyeon.

~

“Eric?” Jisung carefully poked his head into the Hufflepuff sixth-year dorm. Eric was laying in his bed, almost completely covered by his blanket. His eyes were closed but Jisung knew he wasn’t sleeping. “Eric, sweetie, come on...” Jisung sat down on his bed and put a hand on his shoulder.

“What time is it?” Eric questioned; eyes still closed.

“Around noon. Come on, get out of bed. I’ll treat you to as many sweets and Butterbeers as you like...”

Eric grumbled and pulled his blanket over his head. “Maybe if you had said Firewhiskey...”

Jisung chuckled. “It’s the middle of the day but if that’s what you need then I will indulge you only today.”

For a few moments, Eric remained still. Then he threw his blankets off his legs and got out of bed. “Firewhiskey it is, then.”

~

“Do you really think it’s such a good idea to let him drink?” Seungmin whispered to Jisung, wincing when Eric slammed his second glass of Firewhiskey on the table with vigor, asking for a refill. They were at the Hog’s Head Inn where the owner wasn’t too strict about Hogwarts students’ drinking.

“Don’t worry, I won’t let it become a habit. I’ll keep an eye on him...” Jisung told him.

“I want to punch Juyeon...” Felix grumbled.

“Please don’t...” Eric replied. “This is my mess. I never should have let it go on for so long. I simply don’t know when to give up.”

“Besides,” Jisung said hesitantly, “I know for a fact that Juyeon is sorry about everything... which definitely isn’t an excuse but it’s the truth.”

“You talked to him?” Eric asked, his expression a mix of hopeful and sad.

Jisung nodded. “He practically ambushed me. I promised him to convey his apology, but I can’t say I’m thrilled about it. I–”

“You’re scared I might get roped in again...” Eric finished his friend’s sentence. Jisung nodded again, choosing to remain honest.

“You won’t, though, right?” Seungmin asked.

Eric shrugged, reaching out to take a sip from Jisung’s Butterbeer. “I honestly can’t tell you that right now. Like, I know I said I was done... but I’ve been in love with him for so long I just don’t know how to not be in love with him... if that makes sense.”

Jisung put a comforting arm around Eric’s shoulders. He hated seeing his usually cheerful and energetic friend like this; half drunk and heartbroken over a guy. Jisung couldn’t help but feel guilty too for kind of playing a part in this whole mess.

“Why don’t we do something fun?” Jisung suggested.

Eric smiled faintly before gently freeing himself from his hold and getting up. “Thanks for trying to cheer me up but I think I’m gonna head back to the castle for now. I just kind of need to be alone right now...”

“Are you sure you’re good to walk back alone?” Seungmin asked, concern laced in his features.

“I’m fine. I only had two glasses...”

“Still, let me at least walk you back to the castle? For peace of mind...” Felix said, already getting up. Eric didn’t argue and bid his goodbyes to Seungmin and Jisung who remained in their seats.

Jisung buried his face in his hands for a second before reaching out and finishing his Butterbeer.

“You okay?” Seungmin asked, eyeing him worriedly.

“I... yeah, I don’t know. I feel like a terrible friend because part of this is kind of my fault and now, I can’t even help him feel better...” Jisung tried to explain himself.

Seungmin tilted his head in question. “How is any of this your fault?”

Jisung sighed and leaned back in his seat, running a hand through his hair.

“For starters, I was the one who selfishly initiated that fling last summer. I ended up getting over Eunseo but Eric... he’s still so hung up on Juyeon. If last summer hadn’t happened, Juyeon wouldn’t have snapped.”

“And they would still be in that toxic cat and mouse game,” Seungmin reasoned. “It right now but it’s good that Eric has reached this point sooner rather than later. Jisung, you’re anything but a terrible friend...” he reassured Jisung.

A pause followed in which Seungmin, too, finished his Butterbeer. They reached a wordless agreement on leaving. Seungmin paid, despite Jisung’s protests and they were on their way.

“By the way, since we were talking about Eunseo...” Seungmin trailed off as they walked past Honeyduke’s.

“Were we...?” Jisung mumbled, not wanting to go there today.

“How is it going for you? I mean, I know you said you wanted to stay single for now but then you and Renjun started hanging out a lot. And I mean you were crushing on him a little a few months ago. Are you... you know, still into him?”

Jisung chuckled. If only Seungmin knew just how into Renjun he still was.

“Right, we have embarked in a passionate secret love affair that’s been going on for months right under everyone’s noses!”

Seungmin laughed and nudged him. “Alright, alright, I was just asking! I guess I’m still rooting for you a little bit.”

Jisung grinned, amused by the fact that Seungmin thought he was kidding and happy to hear that he liked the idea of them being a couple.

He would tell him about Renjun soon but right now he wanted to focus on helping Eric.

~

“Hey baby, how was Hogsmeade?” Hyunjin asked when Seungmin joined him for dinner at the Slytherin table.

“Eric is miserable so I can’t say it was much fun. Plus, I missed you,” Seungmin said.

Hyunjin pouted and kissed him, his lips tasting faintly like strawberries. Seungmin figured it was probably because of the cupcakes that were being served as dessert tonight.

“I missed you too, my love...” Hyunjin answered. “Is Eric going to be okay?”

“He’s strong but Juyeon is like his weak point. Only time will tell...” Seungmin stated. “I just hope it will all turn out alright...”

“There’s Eric now!” Hyunjin pointed out, his gaze fixed on the Great Hall entrance. Eric stood there, looking around. He seemed a little wobbly on his feet – almost like he had had more than two glasses of Firewhiskey.

“...” Seungmin cursed under his breath. He rose from his seat and stormed over to Eric, leading him out of the Great Hall before any of the teachers would catch him drunk. Hyunjin followed him, helping him steady Eric as he finally lost his balance.

“Eric, what are you doing here?” Seungmin asked him.

“Here to get a snack...” Eric slurred.

“I’ll go get you something. If the professors see you like this, you’ll be in huge trouble...” Hyunjin pointed out. “Darling, you take him to his dorm. I’ll join you there in a bit...”

Seungmin nodded and proceeded to take Eric down to the Hufflepuff common room.

It was quite the hassle to get him to his dorm room and into bed but eventually Seungmin managed with a little help from Jeongin who had just been on his way to meet Sunwoo in the Great Hall.

“Thanks Jeongin, I got it from here,” Seungmin said gratefully when Eric was finally in his bed.

“Alright, see you later, Min. I hope he feels better soon,” Jeongin said, throwing a worried glance in Eric’s direction before taking off.

“I’m sorry for causing trouble,” Eric mumbled.

Seungmin sat down on his bedside, patting his friend’s hair in comfort. “Don’t worry about it. You’re allowed to hurt over this, you know...”

“Still, I don’t want to drag you all down with my bull,” Eric replied, rolling onto his side and looking at Seungmin. “It just seems to me like you’ve all found the people you’re meant to be with. Happily Ever After for anyone but me...”

“We never meant to make you feel excluded Eric, I’m sorry...”

“It’s not your fault. I’m just drunk and envious. All my friends have someone... you, Sunwoo, Felix, Jisung...” he trailed off. Seungmin tilted his head in confusion.

Jisung?

“Eric, Jisung isn’t...”

Hyunjin entered the room right in that moment, cutting Seungmin off mid-sentence. He sat down next to Seungmin, handing Eric a bottle of water. The younger sat up and took the bottle gratefully, chugging half of its contents in one go.

“Thanks,” he muttered.

“What were you saying about Jisung?” Hyunjin questioned.

“Nothing...” Eric mumbled. “I guess he’s the odd one out, huh...”

“How do you mean?” Hyunjin questioned, clearly confused by Eric’s drunken babbling.

“It’s about all of us being in relationships...” Seungmin clarified.

“Just forget about it. I’m okay now, you guys...” Eric told them, laying back down. “You can go...”

Hyunjin exchanged a glance with Seungmin.

“We’re not leaving you, Eric. You look like you’re in need of cuddles,” Hyunjin told him. Seungmin nodded in agreement.

Eric smiled the slightest bit. “Cuddles would be pretty great right now.”

Seungmin chuckled and before they knew it all three of them were squeezed onto Eric’s bed, cuddling their drunken friend to sleep.

~

“Babe?” Jisung asked, his hand absent-mindedly combing through Renjun’s hair. The older was resting with his eyes closed and his head in Jisung’s lap in a Room of Requirement replica of their common room, half asleep.

“Hm?”

“Why exactly did you fall for me?”

Renjun cracked one eye open, looking up at his boyfriend who wore a thoughtful expression on his face.

“Why do you suddenly want to know that?” he questioned. Jisung only shrugged. “Where is this coming from, babe? Are you still feeling guilty because of Eric?”

Jisung had let Renjun in on his worries when he had returned from Hogsmeade and despite Renjun basically telling him the same things Seungmin had told him, he couldn’t shake the feeling that Jisung wasn’t entirely convinced yet.

“A little. I’m sorry for being such a downer...”

Renjun sat up, taking Jisung’s hand. “I think you’re the most wonderful and caring person I know.” Jisung lowered his head, not believing him. “Baby... Eric and Juyeon were never going to make it at this point. Eventually, something would have caused Eric to hit the brakes. It’s not your fault, okay?”

“But–”

“No buts! Do you think Eric was happy? A few weeks ago, I found him in the kitchen absolutely miserable about Juyeon treating him like crap again. He’ll bounce back from this and find someone who appreciates him. In secret or out in the open,” Renjun said, sounding positive.

Jisung looked at him for a second before smiling and leaning closer to kiss him. “How do you always know what to say?” he muttered against Renjun’s lips.

“I’m just that good,” Renjun answered, pecking Jisung’s lips one more time for good measure. “As for why I fell in love with you... it’s because you have always been this wonderful and caring friend to everyone. I always knew I wanted to be close to you and be your friend, but it wasn’t until the end of our fourth year that I realized that I liked you like that...”

Jisung’s eyes widened in surprise. “And you never told anyone? Not even Hyunjin?” Renjun shook his head. “Wow...”

“Remember last year’s camping trip?” Renjun asked suddenly, chuckling. Jisung nodded, smiling fondly when he remembered just how much time he and Renjun had spent together during that time. “Back then you told me that if I confessed to my crush and he mistreated me you’d kick his ...” Renjun said, causing Jisung to laugh at the memory.

“Little did I know...”

“I was really close to telling you that night...” Renjun admitted.

In hindsight, however, Renjun was glad that he had kept quiet. Jisung had been happy with his girlfriend back at the time and as much as it had broken Renjun’s heart, he never ever wanted to be the reason for Jisung’s unhappiness.

“I love you, Han Jisung. And I’m glad I get to tell you as often as I want,” Renjun said, resting his head on Jisung’s shoulder just like he had that night at camp.

“I love you too. Even if it took me forever to notice...”

~

“Good morning, my lovely friends,” Eric announced the next day, joining Hyunjin, Seungmin, Renjun, Jisung, Felix and Changbin at the Ravenclaw table for breakfast.

Jisung gave his friend a confused look. He seemed to be in awfully high spirits compared to yesterday. “Morning... are you okay?”

Eric smiled and reached for a slice of toast. “I’ve decided that I will be fine,” he said. “Don’t get me wrong, I’m heartbroken but I’m sick of feeling terrible so I’m working on that.”

“That’s great,” Felix said, patting Eric’s shoulder.

Jisung still felt a little weird about it though. He decided to wait until after breakfast to pull Eric aside properly.

“I’m sorry, Eric...”

Eric looked at him, confused. “What on earth are you sorry for? I’m not mad at you for not wanting to miss out on all this,” he laughed pointing at himself.

Jisung looked down at his feet for a moment. “Will you really be okay?”

“I’ll be just fine,” Eric assured him, placing his hands on Jisung’s shoulders, “have some faith in me, will you?” Jisung nodded, smiling faintly. “Come on, give me a hug!” Eric said, already pulling Jisung in, earning himself a startled laugh as Jisung returned the hug.

“You’re a great friend and I love you very much.”

Eric’s sincere words caught Jisung so off guard he didn’t even know what to reply. Instead, he smiled and hugged his friend a little tighter, knowing now that he would be just fine.

 

Lots of love for Eric in this one.
It breaks my heart to write Juric like this but some of you have already pointed out that their relationship is rather toxic. I had this planned for ages and I'm really happy with how it turned out.