final

Player Unknown's Battle Grounds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Both Seulgi and Irene have no idea where they are now. Everything around them is green, dark green, light green. Both girls are looking at each other blankly. They cannot remember anything, except they were in the coffee shop together, discussing about their project which their teacher put them together as a pair.

Irene touches her sleeveless white T-shirt. She is in her blue jeans and black boots. Having no idea where she got such dirty clothes, Irene begins to panic. Staring at Seulgi who dresses in the same style as her except Seulgi’s t-shirt is black, the older girl tries to look around for help.

How on earth can Irene get here? and moreover with Seulgi? her project-mate whom she barely talked to. Not that Irene never tried to start a conversation with the younger girl, Seulgi had always looked like she was in rush every single time.

“Seulgi?”

Irene finally speaks out when the younger girl who is in her blond hair keeps staring at her.

“Do you have any idea where we are right now?”

Irene asks, stepping closer to the younger girl. The sun is right here above their heads, so Irene assumes that it is afternoon now, probably 1PM or 2PM.

“I don’t know, Irene eonnie. But somehow, I feel familiar with this.”

Irene frowns. “What do you mean with this?”

“I mean our outfits, the forest and stuff like that.”

It makes the older girl becomes impatient. “I don’t understand, Seulgi.”

The blond-haired lets out a soft sigh, looking around herself. Just then, her eyes catch an A4-sized parchment on the ground. Irene moves closer, trying to study what is inside.

It is a map, but Irene cannot make out which country. There is a red spot near one place that says ‘Camp Bravo.’.

“What is it? I have never seen any map like this.”

Irene questions. Her project-mate’s eyes become wider and wider every second as if realization just hits her hard on the face.

“WE ARE DOOMED.”

“What?”

Irene innocently stares at Seulgi whose hands start to shake uncontrollably and tears also starts to come out of her attractive fox-like eyes.

“Seulgi?? what happened???”

 Irene has to grab on Seulgi’s hands in order to calm the younger girl down. It takes them a few minutes before Seulgi can breathe easily again.

“Eonnie, we are in a game now.”

“What?”

Irene doesn’t understand.

“We are a player in Player Unknown’s Battle Ground now. Eonnie, we are so doomed.”

Irene has no idea. She has never been a fan of video game or any type of games. She just likes to do laundry and iron her clothes. Hearing Seulgi said this, Irene’s frown becomes more visible.

“I don’t know, Seulgi. I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.”

Seulgi takes a deep breath before she studies the map again.

“Eonnie, there is a game called PUBG. There is a total of 100 players in each round of the game. We have to kill all of the enemies in order to win and get chicken dinner.”

Seulgi explains slowly as her eyes are still on the map.

“Seulgi, I don’t know. How did we end up in this? Does it mean we have to kill those 98 people? and why chicken? I don’t even eat chicken.”

The younger girl raises her head to stare at Irene for a few seconds. Suddenly there is something blue moving inside the map, making it becomes a little smaller than before. There is a silence followed. Suddenly Seulgi takes a hold of Irene’s smaller hand, eyes looking firmly at the older girl.

“Irene eonnie, what—what if only that we win that we can get out of here?”

The brunette doesn’t know what to say. First of all, it is ridiculous how she ended up being in a game. Second of all, what she should do now when she has totally no idea how the game works. And lastly, did Seulgi just hold her hand?

Irene keeps silent. Everything feels so unreal.

“Eonnie?”

Seulgi calls her again with a softer tone. Irene looks at the younger girl hesitantly.

“Do you trust me?”

The brunette sees how Seulgi’s eyes sparkle when they are met with hers. Irene nods her head slowly, earning a bright smile from the younger girl. Irene thinks her heart just feels warmer after witnessing Seulgi’s smile.

“Yes, I do.”

Seulgi’s grip on Irene’s hand become firmer as she never stops smiling at Irene.

“Then let’s go. Look at this map, we have to run to Camp Bravo to get the supplies before the blue zone comes.”

Irene nods her head. They both start running together to the so-called Camp Bravo. Once they are near, Seulgi releases her hold on Irene’s hand and gestures her to be silent. Irene has no idea but to follow the younger girl though she feels a bit disappointed that Seulgi has to release her hand so quickly.

“We are lucky. Most players don’t really come here.”

Seulgi mutters. Opening the door for Irene to walk inside this rectangle buildings. Feeling like they are inside the pyramid. The blond-haired closes the door as soon as Irene goes inside.

“You try to pick anything you could and then wait for me here. I will go out and look for some supplies first.”

 They both begin to search for supplies. Irene sees a few guns and their ammos. She walks passed them only to pick a pan. She then goes to hide inside one small room.

Meanwhile, Seulgi is running outside of the buildings to different places, picking M416 and AKM. She gets herself a level 2 backpack. Trying to stuff as many supplies as she could like bandages, ammos, smokes, grenades and so on.

“Irene eonnie?”

Seulgi whispers. Irene who is inside the small room comes out with a pan causing Seulgi to cackle in such a tense situation.

“This is all you got, eonnie?”

The older girl nods sheepishly. There is a small smile on Seulgi’s lips.

The younger girl gives Irene her M416 guns and 180 ammos. She also drops three first aid kits, ten bandages, five painkillers, two cans of energy drink, one flag grenade and two smokes. Seulgi then takes off her police vest level 2 and military helmet level 2 for Irene.

“This gun is very easy to use. You can fire for 40 times since I equipped this gun with an extensive already. You have to draw this gun like this to get a chance to fire for 40 times more. Get it?”

Surprisingly, Irene nods her head. Seulgi pats Irene’s head gently with a bigger smile.

“We have a few more minutes to get ready before the blue zone moves again. I will go out and look for more supplies. At the meantime, you dress yourself with this. It can protect you. And put all the supplies inside your backpack. You will need it.”

Irene nods her head again, watching Seulgi runs outside if the building. The older girl starts to do what she is told. After five minutes, Seulgi is back again. There is an excited smile on her face that Irene can’t help but to smile back.

“I—I found a motorbike!!!!”

Irene laughs at how happy Seulgi sounds. The younger girl takes the map from her pants’ pocket and looks at the map. The blue line is starting to move closer and closer to where they are now. Seulgi takes Irene’s hand and drag her out of the building. There is a motorbike in front of them. Irene giggles when Seulgi keeps on jumping around. Before they reach the vehicle, there is a loud bang just a few meters away from them.

“Ouch.”

Irene shouts when she feels a sharp pain on her left shoulder. Seulgi is quick to turn away with her gun, shooting the gun in red shirt without any mercy at all. The older girl widens her eyes when Seulgi drags Irene with her to where the corpse lays.

There is no sight of blood or anything. The corpse becomes a rectangle wooden box. Seulgi opens it and gets some ammos as well as scope level 3 from him.

“Eonnie, just put bandage on your shoulder and you will feel as good as new.”

Irene follows. It is like what Seulgi said. There is no blood or anything.

“The blue zone is here, we should go.”

Seulgi drags Irene to the motorbike again. She starts the engine and drives away.

Irene is holding tight on the younger girl’s waist.

“Tell me the way, eonnie. We are going to Bhan.”

Irene goes through the map and starts guiding Seulgi. There are a few houses here. They are also a bit far away from the blue zone too. Seulgi lets out a soft sigh as she drags Irene away from the motorbike. The girls run to one of the big houses.

“There is a SKS gun eonnie. Put this scope level 6 with it and you can shoot people who are far away from us.”

“How do you know so much about this?”

Irene tilts her head out of curiosity. The younger girl clears awkwardly as she takes the energy drink from her backpack and drinks. Irene follows with the one from her backpack too.

“Every time I rushed to leave class, it was to play this game with my friends.”

This explains why Irene never got the chance to start a conversation with the said girl.

“I get it. No wonder you never noticed me.”

“What did you say, eonnie?”

Just Irene is about to deny, there is a sound of footsteps coming closer to them. Seulgi pulls Irene to hide inside one small room in the corner, pressing their bodies together. Irene feels how her heart and Seulgi’s beat so incredibly fast. Don’t know whether it is because of fear or something else.

“There are two of them. I will take down one. Another one is for you, okay?”

Irene can only nod her head when Seulgi bends down dangerously close to her face. Irene can just tiptoe a bit and her lips will be fully on Seulgi’s y ones.

Unfortunately for Irene, Seulgi moves away from Irene right before Irene loses her mind. Seulgi is holding on her gun tightly as soon as the footsteps come closer. The younger girl counts from one to three and they both jump out from where they were hiding, facing with two female enemies.

This startles the two enem

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter