Reach

Reach (One-Shot)

Yoon Doojoon let out a long, silent sigh.  He stretched with as little movement as possible and gave a slow yawn.  If you haven’t noticed, Doojoon is bored.  Doojoon is bored of lying on the couch, watching re-runs of last season’s dramas and not being able to move.

He groaned as his eyes fell upon the remote control on the other side of the coffee table, just out of reach of his long arm.  Just a channel change would mean everything to him right now.  A soccer game on the TV would be enough to occupy him for at least an hour.

If you’re wondering why Doojoon can’t move or get up from the couch, you could place the blame on the raven-haired vocalist who was currently napping on top of him.

With winter moving in, it meant Yoseob’s immune system wasn’t at its best so at the first symptom of ailments, the band would freak out and make the visual maknae stay home and recover.

It was a cold that kept the little singer home today, and he was running a small fever.  Of course he was going to stay at the dorm.  Junhyung, however, managed to convince manager-hyung that the perfectly healthy Doojoon was also sick and needed to stay behind as well, while the rest of the members went out to their schedules.

“You know he won’t take care of himself,” was all Junhyung gave as an explanation before he left that morning.

Doojoon couldn’t really argue with that logic, Yoseob was really neglectful when it came to his own personal health, but that didn’t mean the leader was any less bored.  Why did he let Yoseob fall asleep on top of him?  He frowned looking at the boy that was lying with his head on his chest.

As expected, the frown didn’t stay in place for very long.  Doojoon smiled as he gently patted that soft head of hair.  Yoseob looked so cute and peaceful right now, he would so hate to wake him just to change the channel.

But man, this show was so boring.  It must have been the fifth time he’d seen this show since it came on, he may just explode from boredom if something didn’t happen soon.

Doojoon mentally prepared himself for the task at hand.  He needed to retrieve that remote.

He took a deep breath, slowly inching his upper body towards the edge of the couch.  He briefly glanced down at his chest to see if Yoseob was the least bit disturbed.  All clear.

He put one hand on the floor, moving slowly as he scooted slightly to the right.  His arm was beginning to shake so he let his weight back on the couch.  He’d moved maybe three inches but the remote was still an inch out of reach.  Doojoon tried once more to reach out to the remote with a slight grunt.

Useless.

The leader sighed as he readied himself to move again.  By this time he was panting slightly from the small exertion of energy but he did his best to control it.  Once again, he really didn’t want to wake his boyfriend.

After taking as deep of a breath as he could Doojoon angled his body so that his torso was leaning out and hanging off the side of the couch, all he needed to do now was reach out for the remote and then it would be smooth sailing from there.

Before Doojoon could retrieve the remote from its spot on the other side of the table, however, a small hand reached out over his and grabbed the remote, pulling it back across the table and dropping it on the couch next to Doojoon’s head.

The older boy was confused for a second before he looked down to his boyfriend, “just say something next time.” Yoseob said before dropping his head once more on Doojoon’s chest.

Doojoon let out a grunt from the impact before chuckling, “I didn’t want to wake you.”

“Doesn’t matter,” the small boy, yawned, finding a comfortable position once more, “if you’re bored then just push me over and go do something.”

“Yeah, right,” Doojoon rolled his eyes, “I like you too much to do that.”

“It ought to be a lot more than liking me to put up with being a human bed for a day,” Yoseob teased, half asleep by now.

Doojoon planted a kiss on the top of his boyfriend’s head as he gently rubbed circles on the younger’s back, coaxing him to sleep again. 

“Yeah, yeah, love you too,” Doojoon smiled, turning his attention to the TV screen where there were little men chasing a black and white ball around.  Now he just needed to focus on not getting too excited about the game, or else he really would throw his beloved on the floor.


AN:  So I started writing this a little bit ago and just finished it because I didn't remember that I had started writing it.  But I'm really glad I found it!  I've missed writing these cutesy one-shots and I want to thank one person in particular. 

MoonLight7 this is for you!  You're fluffy one-shot because your comments to me are so sweet and you asked for this :D