First

If Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungwan checks out the owner’s to-do list that is pinned on the cupboard. Heaving a sigh of relief, she’s finally done with the house today.

“another stack of won for son seungwan” she smiles at the envelope resting at the kitchen counter.

Seungwan, a name that her best friend seulgi insists when she decided to change her english name wendy. New country, new life, new name. The source of an odd name is still unknown to her and she never really care even though people often laugh at how it sounded like a man’s name.

“done for today? let’s grab some beer” seulgi yells from the opposite end of the pedestrian lane. Seungwan chuckles at her equally hardworking but more energetic friend. How did she have so much energy? seungwan wonders and hoping to learn such skill from the monolid girl.

 

“one of my clients is going on a holiday for 3 months. I need a cover up for that, can’t lose a job now, enrollment is in 4 months” seulgi nods listening to her friend’s problem

“I’ll help you find a new one” she winks, making seungwan’s worries dissipate.

“thank you” she replies before making a toast for a fun and relaxing night.

 

Monday, seungwan starts her day working again after a day off. She starts in the kitchen, cooking breakfast for her employer who wanted to be called by the name of Ms. Bae, her very first client and been working in her house for almost a year, she’s hired to clean every monday and wednesday. She spend 2 hours in her home that starts 6am till 8am, an hour before seungwan's first class. They only talked once when she was new, making her remember everything that she has to do and making sure that it is done well. It is in her rule that the helper shouldn’t ask questions and just focus on her task.

The owner is older as what seulgi says but seungwan thinks that she looks older because of her client’s ethereal and baby face beauty. She’s a programmer, no wonder she earns a lot. The girl also has a boyfriend, as per the clothes she’s folding twice a week. He must be the guy she once saw entered the room when she was waiting for the elevator door to open. Ms. Bae’s posh condo sits on the second floor of a modern looking building in the middle of itaewon where some of the influential and rich people lives.

Tuesday and thursday, her other employer that she’s working with for 3 months is a person with a light and dark personality as what she and seulgi describes her to be. She often experience that dark side while seulgi claims to be experiencing the good side of Ms. Joy Park, an ace student of college of music in Ewha University that lives near Myeongdong. One of Seulgi’s favorite client but for seungwan, it would be the opposite because Ms

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter