Chapter 1

Sweet Treat
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hello, 96.7 listeners! Today will be another scorcher with a high of 103. It's currently 94 degrees so enjoy the "chill!"

Dear Lord, you think to yourself. Triple digits again? You groan as you turn off your radio. Although there are many ways to combat the heat, your indolence got the best of you. You stay in your bed for another ten minutes until you heard your stomach growl. The heat always made you rather ravenous.

It's not fun being hungry, so you decide to satisfy your appetite. You walk into the kitchen and head straight for the freezer. One creamsicle left. Score.

You saunter over into the living room and plop on the couch as you begin to unwrap your snack. Just then, you notice a set of eyes staring at you and sigh.

“What do you want?” you ask, sighing to emphasize your annoyance. However, you were pleased at the same time because you secretly loved the attention Yonghwa constantly gave you- but you would never want him to know that.

“Oh, nothing,” he replies with a sly smile. “I just noticed you took the last popsicle.”

"Uh, did you want it?" You hand it to him before he even gets to respond.

"No, that's fine. You can have it," he insists, still smiling from ear to ear.

"You sure?" you ask. Now you really want him to take it so he would wipe that goofy grin off his face. You loved it when he smiled, yet you also despised it because it drove you insane... in the best possible way, of course.

Please log in to read the full chapter