I'm your Valentine's

Im Yoona: You have a Valentine's
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey, I wanted to do my best to get a Valentine’s Day oneshot for yoonhyun out too so here goes. It’s basically set in college Yoona stuck working at a store selling items to people getting gifts for their significant others and she’s kind of bummed that she doesn’t have a Valentine’s, but maybe she does. Enjoy


 

Today was supposed to be the most romantic days of the entire year. The day where you spend it with your significant other and you shower each other with love and affection. You could just feel the love in the air. Well, almost everyone could.

 

“Hey, Im!”

 

A dark-haired girl turns when she hears her name being called by her boss. It’s Valentine’s Day and instead of possibly being out with someone, that is if she had someone to be out with. Im Yoona is working because everyone else is out on dates with their girlfriends and boyfriends.

 

“Yes, boss?”

 

“When you get a chance replace some of the candy boxes on the shelf, we’re running low and we have a whole day of selling to do. Oh, and I’ll be leaving but I’m sure you can handle the store for a bit.”

 

“What?” Yoona looks on with wide eyes. Where the heck does her boss think she’s going? If her boss tells her that she’s leaving to go on a date she will lose her mind.

 

“I have a date but I’ll be back before closing, if not you can handle it, Im. You’re not my best manager for nothing.”

 

“I’m your only manager.” Yoona mumbles and plants a fake smile on her face as her boss prepares to leave. She can’t believe even her boss has a date today and she doesn’t. As the door chimes signaling that her boss is gone the frustrated dark-haired girl screams.

 

“Even my boss has a date on Valentine’s Day and I’m stuck here taking care of the shop on probably the busiest day of the year.” Yoona sighs and runs her fingers through her hair. Today is going to be one long day. First things first she has to put more boxes of candy onto the shelves. There will surely be more people coming to buy candy for their special someone’s. Yoona does this and when she returns she notices a small box of candy sitting on the cashier station. She doesn’t remember that being there. Perhaps it was left there by mistake.

 

“Did I leave this here by accident?”

 

Yoona takes the candy and goes to put it away and outside a brunette frowns. She can’t believe Yoona put away her candy she ran into the store specifically to give to her.

 

“It was for you…” the brunette sighs. She supposed that perhaps she shouldn’t have left the candy there but at the time it seemed as good a place as any. Seo Juhyun is a slightly younger girl who attends the same university as Yoona. They have some classes together too and Juhyun has spoken to her a few times on different occasions outside of school. They’ve even have had lunch together before. She also has this crush on the slightly older girl that she’s kept hidden for a while. But now Juhyun has the courage to do something about it, or maybe she does. For now she’s taking to leaving things for Yoona to find because she is kind of nervous to simply go in there and say. Maybe she’ll gain some courage soon. Im Yoona is a nice girl who looks like an adorable deer she wouldn’t be mean even if she were to reject her, right?

 

Inside Yoona is waiting at the cashier because she just knows someone is going to come in. Today is one of the busiest days of the year with people scrambling to get gifts of some kind for the special people in their lives. She prepares herself now because someone’s going to come in. The door chimes and she sees what looks to be a nicely dressed woman in a white suit jacket, dark dress pants, and carrying a Chanel bag. She looks way too expensive and like a model honestly.

 

“Maybe she’s lost.” Yoona thinks. Yea, that’s probably it. There’s no way someone as expensive as this woman wants something out of here.

 

“Hi, do you have any pink flowers?” The woman asks soon.

 

“Pink flowers?”

 

“Yes, I’m afraid I’ve been all over the city looking specifically for pink roses for my wife. She loves pink and I probably shouldn’t have waited to the day of Valentine’s Day but I’ve been busy. I’ll pay extra.”

 

All Yoona hears is the pay extra part. If she’s going to be stuck working then she is going to be getting paid. At the least she’s going to treat herself to a lot of really good food later because this sure as hell to be working on a day like today with no possible date.

 

“Come with me, Ma’am. Let’s see if we have any pink roses in the flower section.”

 

“Thank you, I hope you have pink roses. My wife is such a pink monster I swear. Pink shoes, pink car, pink room in our house, pink wife, pink life!” The woman sighs and shakes her head. Yoona feels very sympathetic in that moment for this woman and really hopes that they have some pink roses left in the back.

 

As Yoona helps the woman to the flower section Juhyun uses the time to try again. Her candy idea didn’t work and so she has the thought of something else. She puts a cute deer figurine that is holding a red heart closer to the cash register where Yoona has to come back to. This time it has to work. Yoona must notice this because everyone calls her a deer. She’ll have to at least see the significance behind it, or at least Juhyun hopes so. She hides behind some of the shelves when she hears footsteps returning.

 

“Thank you for this.” The woman smiles. “My wife will love them.”

 

“Enjoy, Ma’am. Let me just ring you up over at the cash register.”

 

Juhyun watches from where she’s standing to see Yoona nicely ring the woman’s items up at the register and bids her goodbye. She waits on bated breath to see what the deer-like girl will do because she has to have noticed the deer figurine. There’s no way Yoona hasn’t seen it by now as it’s right by the register. The same one she’s just used a few moments ago.

 

“Hm?” Yoona does notice. Juhyun feels excitement because Yoona has noticed. All she has to do is reveal herself and…

 

“What’s this doing here? Don’t tell me I left this here or something.”

 

“What?” The brunette wonders in shock and to her horror Yoona takes the figurine back to the shelves with other figurines. Even though there are no deer figurines in the store. Juhyun simply facepalms. She has to go and regroup. Her mind is currently a mess right now and she will come back stronger. The brunette looks back at the direction Yoona walked off in and sighs.

 

“The things I do for my crush.”

 

When Yoona returns to the front she’s glad that she helped the woman find the pink roses. It was luckily the last bouquet of pink roses and the woman seemed relieved to be able to get them. Yoona listened to how she spoke about her wife and she sounded like someone very in love. Yoona is happy that someone is genuinely happy on Valentine’s Day. Meanwhile, here she is stuck at work for the time being.

 

“I don’t even have a Valentines.” The college girl sighs and leans her head on the counter. There is kind of one person she finds interesting at school. Seo Juhyun is a year younger than her but she is so nice, thoughtful, and without a doubt one of the smartest people Yoona has ever met in her life. But that doesn’t matter now since Seo Juhyun probably wouldn’t have any interest in her. After Yoona stops feeling sorry for herself for what feels like the millionth time that day. She decides she will pull herself together and do her job. At the least she’s getting paid and that matters.

 

“Okay, Yoong. You got this!” She tells herself. “Think of all the yummy food you will treat yourself to after this day.”


 

She goes about her work day helping customers pick out the right kind of gifts they want for their significant others. She stops thinking her sad situation and focuses on the task at hand and gets a lot done through the day. Later on, Yoona is sweeping the floors because there is a long moment of peace. Most people have come in already to buy their gifts and since she’s the only one here at the store she will take advantage of anytime she has. In the middle of sweeping a woman enters the store. She’s dressed well and looks like she just stepped out of a business meeting. Her brown hair is in a cute bob haircut and she’s on the phone for a long while before finally speaking to Yoona who has stopped sweeping to help her.

 

“Yes, you heard me. I’m a very busy woman and I don’t have time for incompetence. Yes, thank you. I’m about to buy something for my wife it’s Valentine’s Day, so let me call you back.” The woman ends the call and Yoona is about to greet her when.

 

“Hello…”

 

“Oh my god!” The woman screams and lifts up her shades. She eyes Yoona with a look that worries the college student because this woman is older than her and looks to be eyeing her like she’s a meal or something. Yoona isn’t the only person who sees the entire exchange. Juhyun is just outside looking alarmed because who is this older woman looking at Yoona in such a way. Juhyun doesn’t know what to do at first. Should she call the cops? No, that could take too long and Yoona might need assistance.

 

“Um…” Yoona whispers.

 

“You look just like my wife!” The older woman says enthusiastically. “Not as tan or as y but...still!”

 

“Not as y!” Now Yoona is offended. How dare this woman eye her in such a way and then say she’s not even y. What the hell is even up with that? Yoona doesn’t want to hit this woman but she kind of wants to hit this woman.

 

“Excuse me!”

 

“I’m sorry. I was just surprised for a moment because you look like my wife just not as y or hot.”

 

Yoona facepalms and Juhyun frowns. How dare that woman shout about how Yoona isn’t attractive as her wife, that’s just so rude and Juhyun thinks Yoona is very pretty.

 

“Anyway, Ma’am. Can I help you?” Yoona decides to just change the subject and help this woman so that she can get out of the store much faster. The woman appears to be in deep thought for a moment before nodding.

 

“Yes, I’m going to need at least 4 boxes of your largest sized candy boxes. Three of your medium sized candy boxes and four of the small sized ones.”

 

“Sure thing, Ma’am.”

 

“Now, we can shop for my wife!”

 

“What!” Yoona’s eyes go wide at the large order the woman just placed and tries not to choke. Did she just say that this was all for herself? Yoona isn’t the only one who’s shocked. Juhyun is stunned too and falls out onto the nearby bench. How can one person eat all that candy? Juhyun shudders because of how very unhealthy that all sounds.

 

“Yeah, this is all for me. But there are things I want for my wife too. Let’s go!” Yoona gets pulled along by the woman as they go through the store. She picks out stuffed plushies, candy boxes, flowers, and a Valentine’s Day shirt that reads “Be mine” and one that matches it in white. Yoona is tired by the time they get back to the front of the store and it’s not over yet. Because after the woman insists she help her to the car.

 

“Me?” Yoona sighs.

 

“Well, who else is going to help me with my items. You look like a strong girl, although not as strong as…”

 

“I know. I know.” The dark-haired girl sighs. “Not as strong as your wife.”

 

“Not as hot or y too. Okay, let’s go.”

 

Yoona groans as she begins the journey of helping the crazy woman drag her bags to her car. Juhyun sees everything and feels badly for her crush. But admires Yoona for taking it all in stride and not letting the customer get to her, or at least she’s trying her best. Juhyun uses the time to run into the store and leaves behind something else. The brunette places the card close to the window this time. There’s no way Yoona’s going to think she’s left that there and will have to look at it. Juhyun is about to leave when in walks Yoona looking exhausted and like she could pass out.

 

“Crazy woman.” The deer-like girl mutters. “Oh…” She notices Juhyun standing there. She smiles warmly because at least this is a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter