Ordinary World

Saving the Hero!

“Life has no meaning. Each of us has meaning and we bring it to life. It is a waste to be asking the question when you are the answer.” 
― Joseph Campbell

 

“Friday February 22,

 

Don’t really understand some things, sometimes I feel like days are shorter, sometimes I feel they are longer, when it’s the middle of the month I feel like it is a never-ending month and when it’s about to end I feel like it went by in the blink of an eye.

The truth it’s… I don’t even know. The truth it’s that when your life lacks meaning or purpose, the days are longer or shorter depending on what’s non-convenient for you. If I want the month to be longer so my writer finishes his book before the deadline, it will go by in the blink of an eye, but if I want it to be shorter because I’m running out of cash and need to get my paycheck, it will be as slow as a snail.

It all comes down to one simple thing: I’m not happy.

Because, I’m not really living.

I don't think I ever live, not even once. My life has always revolved around fictional worlds and fictional characters, my friends have always been inside of books. How would it feel like to really live for once, to have my own adventure outside of paper pages, to fall in love not with a fictional character but with one with flesh and bone? How would it feel like to really fall in love?"

 

“Monday February 25,

Something really exciting and out of the ordinary happened today, I have been witness of a miracle. They said Song Mino-ssi woke up from his coma yesterday, after being brain-dead. I’ve heard all of his friends, family and people at the office were literally crying with joy, no one really thought he was going to survive that car accident. If we were a little bit closer, I guess I would also have felt as excited, but we literally never spoke before, not even once.

Nonetheless, I’m happy he’s fine. And I’m happy to said, miracles do exist.”

 

“Thursday April 4,

I can barely write; my hands are trembling so much and my palms are still so sweaty. Song Mino-ssi asked me to go out for drinks with them again… And oh my God I feel so embarrassed, I can’t believe I was stuttering so much just by trying to say no, at least I said no, last time I could barely shake my head in refusal instead.

I can’t believe how much he changed since he came back to work a few days ago, I can’t believe he came back to work at all, the guy was brain dead for god’s sake!!!!

Was he possessed by a wondering soul, did he had an epiphany that showed him the meaning of life and turned him into a whole different person? True to be told I never really got along with him to begin with to know if he changed or not, but I’ve heard gossips, people talking about it and also, he talks to me now, he never even glanced at me before!

Should I go out with them next time? Will he even ask me again?”

 

“Saturday December 28,

It’s been a long time coming, but today I came to the realization that I finally have a friend. I finally have a friend and yes, it’s Song Mino. We finally finished my year end project today, on a Saturday, and he came here and sacrificed his Saturday just to help me out. Heck he has actually sacrificed his entire week to help me, even Christmas we spent it together among pages and pages that I needed to edit and correct.

Now, with all certainty, I can say that he is the BEST PERSON I ever met!”

 

“Thursday February 27,

These pages are wet with my tears, we still have no news of him. This hole in my chest has made me confirmed, I love him… I love him from a long time now and didn’t realize, I love him and he was all I ever needed, I love him and might always will… I love him, I finally know but is now too late, I love him and he’s gone and I don’t even know if I will ever see him again….

All I ever wanted was to love someone with flesh and bone, now I know and it just hurts.”

 

Extracts from “Diary of sphinx cat’s master Kim Jinwoo”.

 

Author's Note: The journey just began, this it's just a glimpse of what's coming, later as the story goes by we will have more extracts of the diary, but next chapter the real story with begin and we will start to meet some friends or I should say helpers, allies? I will try to update this Sunday. After every chapter you will find a new word of the glossary, it will not make any sense right now but it will be useful in the future. 

*******************************************************************************************************************

Glossary:

Treasures: This are magical objects that you gain when you complete a mission with the highest score available. If you only fulfill the mission but the highest score is not reached you only get props with no magical powers.