OOII

Hidden, Many a Time.

One by one, four colours lit up simultaneously. Peach, orange, coral and sky blue, is what Yena would call them. 

“It seems they came here as a group. Who do you think it is?” Sakura mumbled. Her tone was flat, though Yena couldn’t blame her because the pair had been sat in the same place for at least three hours now, munching on the funny Australian bread they had been given and staring at the circle of sets in front of them, waiting for the colour wheel to become complete. 

“Honestly? I have no clue whatsoever. Yujin was my bestest best friend in the whole world but she was so popular, I couldn’t ever keep up with her. I had to call her one time while she was five feet away from me because a group of people wouldn’t leave her alone, and she was too nice to tell them to get lost.” Yena replied, mimicking the same tone of voice that Sakura had had seconds before.

”Oh. That’s–Wait, Yena. Yena. Is that Kim Minju?” 

“Kim Minju as in the Face of Korea? Like...trending for a whole week because of a picture of her eye, Kim Minju?” Yena asked frantically, jumping up as quickly as she could to get a glimpse. Sakura scoffed, and slowly made her way up herself to meet the other girl standing.

”You know, I’m so flattered that you felt the same way when you first met me. I’m really, super flattered that you jumped out of your skin to catch a glimpse of me, did you know?” The older girl grunted, dragging Yena to the left so that she could get a clearer view of the model across the room.

”Wah~ She’s so beautiful! I mean, you’re pretty, but Kim Minju? I think her parents must have been genetically engineered to make the perfect human. Or, actually, her parents are probably gods!” Yena spoke dramatically, waving her hands all over the place to get her point across. Sakura rolled her eyes, and slapped Yena across the back of the head (though gently.)

”It’s rude to stare, ert.” Sakura grunted. She wasn’t jealous, she was completely fine with Yena’s odd attraction to Kim Minju because she was exactly the same. She was just joking, all in an attempt to strengthen the bond they had made within the last few hours with humour and fake hatred. Friendships are wonderful like that. 

“So, who are the others?”

”The one with the cheeks.” 

Yena furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, searching her brain for any type of old memory or drifting thought that could relate. The woman at Starbucks? No, Yujin wouldn’t have invited her. 

“Oh! Honda Hitomi! Wah, you were right. And that small one...the girl who taught Yujin Japanese? Yanuki Neko?” Yena mumbled quietly, doing her best to hide her excitement from the girls who were now looking in their direction, about to walk over.

”Yabuki Nako, stupid.” Sakura giggled in response. The three girls that had been identified were the first to arrive and shake the Tom&Jerry duo’s waiting hands, each muttering a small hello and waiting for the final girl to wander over.

They were so different.

Kim Minju radiated so much confidence; it was like walking into a classroom full of A grade drama majors and popular children at high school encapsulated into one god-like being. Yena, a person who was usually very confident and friendly, was almost knocked back by the waves of charisma floating from her abnormally beautiful face, and Sakura was completely lost for words. Nako, however, came with a very fierce aura, despite her tiny, Pokémon like charm. Yena was automatically hesitant to shake her hand, because her face (one that had donned an adorable smile just minutes before approaching them) how now hardened to stone, and she was almost expressionless. She was unexpected. That was scary. Hitomi was just as they thought she would be. The sweetest, most adorable little girl to ever exist on the planet, with the cutest most beautiful speaking voice and the best little giggles that Yena had ever heard in the entirety of her life. No wonder Yujin loved her so much, how could you not? The final girl was, although visibly older than the other three by a year or two, extremely shy, and was always looking between her accompaniments before doing anything or saying more than a word. It wasn’t odd to both Yena and Sakura, because Yujin had mostly very outspoken and energetic friends, and this girl was the complete opposite.

”I remember specifically telling Yujin to never, ever make me play a game. And look what she’s done! So untrustworthy.” Minju mumbled, frustratedly pointing between each of the sets in the middle of the room and shaking her head in disappointment.

”I’m glad Yujin invited me. She remembered I love games.” Yena and Sakura both turned very quickly at the sentence. The girl had spoken very little since introducing herself and now speaks one entire sentence with no problem.

”You don’t know who they are, do you, Hyewon unnie? That’s Yena unnie, Yujin’s bestfriend, and Sakura unnie, the famous actress and elite gamer that Yujin played with all the time.” Nako said calmly after tapping on her unnie’s shoulder and pointing between the two.

”Hyewon unnie and Yujin went to the same therapy lady. They became friends in the waiting room and went for ice cream every day afterwards.” Hitomi cleared up, noticing the confused faces of the pair.

”Yes. That’s right.” And that was the last line they heard from Hyewon that night. 

 

 

“Promise me that you won’t pick a fight.” 

She dropped her cigarette on the ground and stepped on it gently, turning to face her friend with a smirk.

”I’m not promising anything. You of all people should know that, unnie.”

The older girl growled in frustration, watching her younger friend turn on her heels and walk into that death trap of a warehouse. 

“Yah! You have to remember why we’re here!”

The small girl stopped in her tracks.

She turned, smiling evilly with her hands clasped in the pockets of the leather jacket she had taken many years ago, and laughed, throwing her head back and forming her eyes into half moons. Seeing her this way, you may have thought she was radiating the kindess and innocence of a young child. 

“Of course. We’re here for Yujin, unnie, I didn’t forget. But that doesn’t mean I can’t have a little fun on the way, right? Besides, I can gaurantee you that she’ll start on me first. The scoundrel never knows when to stop, I just enjoy watching her face bloat in anger.”