Chapter 1

January

Minseo’s POV   

                My eyes slowly opened as the sun beamed through my open window. Groaning, I slapped the button on the top of my alarm clock and rolled over. Summer had gone too fast, I didn’t even get to enjoy the last month because of the dance rehearsals I had. I knew laying in bed for any longer would result in me falling asleep and being late for the first day of my junior year. Two more years of high school and then my life can really start. Throwing my legs over my bed, I trudged into the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I looked in the mirror, examining the mess my hair is in after falling asleep with it wet. It was tangled, but not bad. I ran my fingers through the auburn waves and examined the dark circles that brought out my blue eyes. Once I decided that I was too tired to judge my appearance, I walked back into my room, grabbing my uniform and quickly slipping it on. Running down the stairs, I see my mom waiting on me per usual. It having a mom that worked at your school simply because you could never be late yourself without running her late as well. And she never let me forget it.

                “If you don’t start getting out of bed earlier, I am gonna start being late.” She gripped as she grabbed her coffee and walked out the door, not waiting for my reply. I rolled my eyes as I grabbed my bag by the door and got in the car. The ride was silent, but once we were there, I sat quietly in my mom’s office watching Netflix. I had an hour before anyone would even show up and that meant I could get in one episode of Boys over Flowers.

                Almost exactly an hour later I got a text from my best friend Daeun, asking if we were meeting at our favorite spot. I quickly replied yes before kissing my mom goodbye and running away. I turned the corner and smiled at the ginger and the pink haired girl sitting next to her, Hayoon. They were two of my three best girl friends and we always spent the mornings together. It became one of my favorite parts of the day.

                “Hey guys,” I chirped as I slumped my backpack on the ground and sat in front of both of them. They mumbled little greetings before slipping their phones in their pockets.

                “How was your date yesterday?” Daeun giggled. Hayoon hit her arm but laughed as well. Turning bright red, I rolled my eyes at both of them.

                “We just went and saw a movie, it wasn’t a big deal.” I mumbled as I played with my shoe laces. They both snorted because we all knew it wasn’t true. I went to the movies with my bofriend Jungkook and we had our first kiss. While it was kinda awkward, it was still hands down the best date I had ever had. We had only been dating for a few weeks, but it felt like I had known him forever.

                “How was it? Is he a good kisser?” Daeun pressed.

                “I do not need to know that!” Hayoon whined, looking quite uncomfortable. We both laughed at her and shook our heads.

                “He was-” I was cut off by a loud, familiar group of boys coming down the hallway. Looking up I saw all seven of them, Hoseok leading the pack. He saw all three of us and ran over with his signature smile.

                “Hello ladies,” He beamed as he sat down, the rest of the boys following him. Jungkook sat down next to me, wrapping his arm around my shoulder and pulling me in to kiss my forehead. I blushed while everyone made disgusted faces and Hoseok screamed.

                “Yah! Jung Hoseok, do you want me to kill you?!!” I glared at him which only caused him to giggle at me more. I couldn’t help but smile back. He was my best friend and had been for the longest time. He’s the reason I am surrounded by the sweetest boys and he is the one who helps me through the long dance practices.

//Three years ago//

                There had just been a redistricting of your school and half of your friends had been replaced by people you had no interest in getting to know. You missed knowing almost everyone in your class but now you had snobby rich kids and poor troublemakers. Sighing, you came to your last, and favorite, class of the day, theatre. You sat your stuff down and looked around at the people surrounding you. You knew most of them but there were a few new faces. Luckily, your best friend Hara was in that class as well. You guys had been going through some rough patches because she started hanging out with this other girl, but ultimately, she was your best friend still. Suddenly a boy walked in with a giant smile across his face. He yelled out to one of the other boys in the class but since you didn’t recognize either of them, you assumed they were from different schools. He sat down behind you and tapped on your shoulder. You turned around only to be greeted by an even bigger grin. You remember him from one of your earlier classes, but you couldn’t seem to remember his name.

                “Hi I’m Hoseok!” He almost yelled. You flinched before reaching to shake his hand.

                “Hi, I’m Minseo.” He smiled and nodded his head before turning around to talk to the person behind him. You slowly turned around as a smile creeped across your face. Your heart skipped a beat just thinking about his contagious smile.

 

//Present time//

                I giggled at the thought of young naïve Minseo. I had liked Hoseok for so long but the more I got to know him, the more I decided we both were better as friends. I still loved him with all of my heart but that didn’t change the fact that we were both with other people now. Hoseok became my guardian angel. He was there when my uncle committed suicide, or when Hara started dating the boy I had liked all year. I slowly relied on him more and more until he was one of my only true friends. There would never be enough words to describe what he means to me.

                The loud bell snapped me out of my thoughts as everyone stood up and picked up their things, heading off to class. I waved goodbye to everyone and turned to kiss Jungkook on the cheek.

                “See you sweetheart. Have a good day for me.” He winked as he turned and walked up the stairs. A smile was plastered on my lips as I walked down the hall to my first class.

                Then next three hours were the worst part of my day. I didn’t have classes with any of my friends and I only got to meet up with Jimin and my friend Jia once. It was weird interacting with both of them at the same time. Jimin and I were somewhat close, but he gravitated towards Jia more than me. I wasn’t jealous, they reminded me a lot of my relationship with Hope oppa. I continually teased them though, because I could tell they were attracted to each other, even if nothing were to happen between them. We talked by the stairs before we all had to leave for our classes. I sulked into my English class, wishing this hour would pass by quickly so I could enjoy my favorite part of the day; lunch!

                I ran out the door and down the hallway towards Hope’s class. He had a chemistry class right next to my English one, so we decided we would walk to lunch together. I stood at the door, peaking through the window to seem him focused on the teacher. He scribbled notes down before looking up again. His face lit up with amazement and I looked down, smiling to myself. He loved science with all his heart, making him a giant dork. But he was my best friend nevertheless. When I looked up again, he was looking at me. He smiled and winked before looking at the teacher again. The class finally packed up and I moved out of the way, letting everyone exit the room.

                “You ready?” Hoseok asked as he came out of the room, throwing his bag over his shoulder. I smiled and gave a quick nod as we both started walking to the usual meet up spot. Ever since the end of last year, we all sat with each other in a small corner of the courtyard. While there was a lot of us, we managed to find a place that didn’t bother anyone else. Hopey and I chatted about our days so far as we approached the large group of boys and girls. I walked up to Jungkook who was talking to Daeun and Namjoon. He slipped his arm around my waist while they continued their conversation.

                “So, I was thinking we could go to my cousin’s studio sometime this week and mess around with the beat and lyrics. See if we really want to try to produce something, y’know?” Namjoon looked to Jungkook for approval.

                “Yeah, that sounds great hyung. We can talk to the others about it and find a time that works for all of us. Who knows, we might actually produce a real song then Hope and Jimin can create a dance or something,” Jungkook looked over at the two he mentioned and saw them laughing at Taehyung and Jia arguing over something. I saw Taehyung smirk before picking Jia up in his arms, yelling about passing her around. Jia was a small girl, barely a hundred pounds, so the boys liked to . Jimin was the first to grab her, passing her to Yoongi. Yoongi was never one to mess with her too much so he set her down. She gave him a small nod and he went back to eating his lunch and writing something down. “You ready to get some food jagiya?” Jungkook turned my face to his before placing a small kiss on my lips. Daeun pretended to puke and walked over to Jin, Namjoon following close behind her.

                Jungkook and I walked into the cafeteria, standing in line for whatever they were serving today. I saw him looking over my shoulder and followed his gaze. His eyes were locked on a girl sitting at a table in the corner of the room. She had long blonde hair and looked tall. I watched as she slowly looked up, noticing him before giving a big, gorgeous smile and waving. He beamed back at her and waved before looking down at my worry-filled eyes.

                “Who’s that?” I almost whispered. His eyes softened. “That’s Suzie. She was in one of my classes earlier and we talked a bit before exchanging numbers to help each other with math. Why?” He glanced at her again before furrowing his brows and looking at me. I took one last look at her before looking at his chest.

                “She’s very pretty,” I mumbled. He slowly shook his head. He slipped his finger under my chin and gently lifted it.

                “She is pretty. But you are pretty as well. And I am with you.” He wrapped his arms around me and kissed the top of my head. I felt a little better, but she was still constantly in the back of mind all through lunch and the rest of the day.

                I waked into the familiar dance studio at the end of the day, feeling the stress exit my body already. I loved dancing. It was the one thing I could use to relieve my stress, plus I got to see Hoseok. It was one of many things we bonded over when we first met. I set my stuff down, looking around for his familiar face. My heart stopped when I saw a familiar blond throw open the door. What is she doing here? I couldn’t help the jealousy that tugged at my heart. She was even prettier now. She was tall and had long thin legs. She was the size I could only dream of being. I felt someone beside me and looked up to see Hoseok staring at her as well. “Minnie, why are we staring at Suzie?”

                “You know her?” I jumped back as my mouth dropped open.

                “Duh. Now why are we staring at her?” Hope reached down to grab his water bottle. I felt my hands getting sweaty just thinking about the encounter between her and Jungkook earlier.

                “Jungkook knows her. He met her in class and they exchanged numbers for homework. What do you know about her?” I asked, hoping he would say she had a weird or something. Anything that would make her seem less perfect for my boyfriend.

                “Well I know she has trained in salsa and ballet for the last seven years. One of her friends is close to my older sister. She had a crush on Jungkook last year, but I don’t think he knew that.” Hoseok acted like the last thing he said wasn’t going to be some of the worst news he could have told me.

                “So, she is tall and gorgeous. She has a math class with my boyfriend, has his number, and also has a crush on him. Perfect.”