.iii.

Gravity - a SeulKai novel ;

Some would have thought, or better, everyone thought that Kang Seulgi was many things and resentful was definitely one of those. She had a terrible reputation that followed her wherever she went because, to be honest, she didn’t mistreat only her father’s artists, but also who worked for him, who worked for her and her friends – pretty popular girls she loved to be surrounded by since they spent their time flattering her. Each one of them was an ulzzang, the correspondent of what is called ‘influencer’ in the west, and they were the only people that she didn’t mistreat too much, only because she knew she had to keep them under control. Even that evening, after the ‘office hours’, she wrote a message in the group chat that she shared with other 4 girls and she gathered them in front of Dinasty at 6 p.m., then she would have taken them somewhere and flattered them in order to keep them close for a few more weeks. She found them at the exit of the building, excited because she had promised to take them around on her new Lamborghini  — that for the occasion had been brought at work for her. She had even changed her clothes, brushed her hair and put her makeup on. That night they would have painted the town red and the next morning she would have waken up with someone in her bad. Newspapers would have talked about it, as they had talked about it the last 10 times a new guy had been seen sneaking out of her apartment. Someone else would have been desperate, but Kang Seulgi loved that attention. For better or for worse as long as people talk about you, that was her motto.

Hello girls! 

She said trying to sound as rejoicing as possible while getting down the glass steps of the hall. Her assistant was trotting next to her with a jacket and a bag in her hands. All four of them turned around running towards her, excited for something that she didn’t understand — more excited than usual. Solji, one of the new entries that had taken the place of an ulzzang in decline, throw at her countless words while she was still getting down the stairs. She managed to get just one word and her face turned to the huge hall. That enthusiasm mixed with hormonal mass hysteria could have been caused by only one thing… That she found sitting on one of the comfortable sofas in the hall focused on reading a book. She rolled her eyes. 

Don’t tell me… 

She hissed. All the girls were looking at her, with a dreamy and nervous look.

 Look at you, you seem teenagers in the middle of an hormonal crisis.

Nothing of what she could have said would have stopped them from looking at her like children looking at candies. She got down the last steps and she tossed her hair behind her shoulders. Some of the girls slightly screamed when she started to move her first steps towards the cause of that commotion. When she arrived near him he didn’t even look at her, she cleared and got sure that her Louboutin could be seen by Kim Jongin, behind the book he was reading. He slowly moved his gaze on her. That had to seem like a pathetic scene, her in front of him with the most annoyed look in the world, as if the four girls staring at him behind her back were his fault… To Seulgi it was. If Kim Jongin wasn’t what he was, that regrettable situation would have never happened. He closed his book and smiled without giving her more than a glance, but focusing on the girls behind her back instead. He was so kind and helpful that he made her sick. He stood up and went to the girls, passing right next to her as if she didn’t exist. She let a few minutes pass, in her head even too many. Every girl got her picture and autograph.

Yeah, okay, that’s enough.

She faked a laugh. 

You’ve taken too much advantage of Jongin’s willingness.

She said with the friendliest tone she could pull out.  

Stop it or we’ll be left with nothing. 

The girls, more children mentally, were apparently satisfied and, after saying goodbye not without some little screams, they got out of Dinasty, invited by Seulgi, who told them she would have quickly joined them. When she was sure they couldn’t hear her, she turned to Jongin who was already picking up his stuff. It was clear he was looking forward to leave the place. He hated being in her presence more than a few seconds. She smacked her lips.

Do you have to bare this every time?

He rolled his eyes. 

You say that as if it’s a terrible thing, Seulgi. 

He replied, wearing a honey gold turtleneck sweater. 

It is. Do you think they care about you as a human being? You’re just a good dancer in a handsome body.

Her tone was serious and she saw the young man’s look getting more gloomy and sad. If she knew him even a little bit he would have repeated himself that last sentence over and over again. She didn’t exactly feel guilty for what she had said, but maybe she could have spared it in a situation where it wasn’t needed. But she had already said and it and she would have cut her hand before taking her words back, besides… the world Jongin had chosen to live in was like that, that was no reason to sugar the pill. He was a product, something that had to appear incredible, because no one cared how he felt inside, let alone her.

Have a nice evening, Seulgi.

He said passing her. He barely smiled but it was natural for her to ask herself how he could manage to always keep on smiling, after every word, every mean thing she had done to him. She saw him heading towards the back of the building, probably to get out from the basement box to avoid any other fan waiting for him outside. She found herself sighing, his attitude was getting on her nerves. He was always able to never give her the chance of blowing off steam, or inferring, and that made her feel unarmed. She turned towards her assistant, an invisible young girl she didn’t even know the name. She took the bag and jacket from her hands. She saw her opening and closing her mouths a couple of time, undecided whether to speak or not. Seulgi stared at her. 

A word after the other, it’s not so hard. What is it? 

She exploded. The young girl jumped. The badge on her chest said ‘Lee Na-kyung’… She didn’t even remember when she had replaced the previous assistant, a guy who was called for the military service. Talking seemed impossible for Nakyung, who preferred action over words and picked up something from the sofa that she didn’t see at first. The girl gave her a book. It was the one Jongin was reading earlier. Usually she would have shouted at her, what could she do with that book? But in that situation and idea come to her and, putting it inside her bag, she managed a smile. 

Good evening miss Kang! 

She caught a glimpse of Nakyung behind her back while she was getting out through the door. She smiled. Maybe, after all, she could still be pleased. 

 

Autor's note:
Welcome back to this third chapter. I'm actually sorry it looks a bit shorter than the other two, but i didn't want to merge it with the 4th, otherwise everything will be too long and maybe too boring for you guys to read it. This chapter is somehow very important since Seulgi may have something in mind, but i won't say anything more, you have to keep on reading the story to find out what's gonna happen! 

If you liked this chapter leave a thumbs up, comment anything in the comment down below and if you think this story is worth reading add it to your reading list so that many people can give this story a try too~ 

I don't think i'll be able to update 'till sunday since i have some personal issues going on right now, please wait for me! See you soon on the next chapter ♡