024

Him & I

Diana slid down from the car, she pulled her bag out and headed straight for the steps, and then she spotted two familiar figures ahead of her.

“Hong Kong boys.” She said with a smile, Xiaojun turned his head and grinned at her.

“Di.” Xiaojun said as the girl joined them. Diana glanced at Lucas briefly, her brows rose.

“What’s up, Wong?”

Lucas turned to her and smiled.

“Did he not get his dose of caffeine yet?” She murmured to Xiaojun, the latter chuckled.

“No, he’s just a little cranky today. Deal with him, ‘kay?” He winked at her before walking away from them, Diana blinked and looked at Lucas again.

“Are you okay?”

Lucas nodded before speaking.

“You seem to be in a good mood today, things went well last night?” Lucas asked her, she paused and shrugged.

“Haerin jie flies out next week, I don’t know what to do after that. I’ll have the house to myself.”

Lucas nodded along.

“They’re planning on this long trip, hopping from country to country, while I stay planted here. Pssh.”

Lucas’s lips curled up, she seemed to be in a chatty mood today.

“You’ll have fun then.”

“It’s a big house, Wong. I can’t be responsible for all that.” She sighed, and then she stopped when Lucas offered his arm to her. Her brows rose and she looked at his arm again.

“Come on, Di. It’s really awkward walking with you and not being linked to you.” He said with a small unsure smile, and then she started to shake her head.

“Right.” Diana replied before hooking her arm with his, Lucas smiled and they walked together again.

“So, what’s with you today, grumpy?” She asked, Lucas adjusted to her pace before replying.

“I had a late night, had to finish some papers for today.” Lucas hummed.

“Then, we should get coffee. My treat.” She nudged him, Lucas smiled and let the girl pull him towards the vendo machine.

It was nice to see that they still know how to move around each other with ease.

I miss you so much that it hurts, Di.

“What do you feel like having? Iced latte or iced mocha?” Diana turned her gaze to him, she was smiling as she waited for his reply.

“Iced latte with lots of milk, I have to make sure you wont steal sips.” Lucas replied, Diana rolled her eyes at him before pressing the buttons on the machine.

Why did I let that happen? I never wanted to lose you.

 

 

“Ah, this.” Diana nodded as she read the draft Lucy handed to her.

“I added the key points you sent me a few days ago.” Lucy continued on, she leaned back on her seat.

“This seems a little off, I mean, off topic.” Diana spoke as she took out a pencil, Lucy looked up and nodded.

“We missed you last night.”

Diana nodded.

“I was a bit busy, how did dinner go? What did you guys eat?” Diana asked with a small smile as she set the paper down, she made a mental note to proofread everything Lucy sent her. The girl had quite the grammar.

“We went for Chinese food last night.”

“Nice, right, I wanted to ask you about~”

A student suddenly walked in the room and posted something on the bulletin board.

“What’s that?” Diana spoke as she read the words on the poster.

“Ah, it’s this yearly gathering for students. It’s more of like a party so students from different years and majors could be acquainted and all.” Lucy explained to her, Diana was about to speak when Lucas plopped down next to her. Lucy smiled and curled her hair behind her ears.

“You going to that?” He spoke, he looked at Diana before checking the poster.

tumblr_plwk92kT711y1vxqvo3_400.gif

“I am, you?” Lucy replied, Lucas paused, his brows went up. Then, Diana felt his gaze on her, she shrugged at him.

“I don’t know. Is it required?” She asked him, Lucas chuckled and leaned on the desk. Lucy looked away and chewed on her lower lip. Lucas was only looking at Diana, he was doing it so openly too.

“If it’s not then you’re not going?” Lucas asked.

“Yep.” Diana replied as she browsed through her notes.

“You should go, Di. It’s something most humans would do.” Lucas said, Diana glanced at him warily.

“Hey, Lucas,” Lucy cleared , Diana smiled to herself and Lucas noticed that.

“Yes?”

“If you have plans going, we can go together.” Lucy spoke, Diana turned her head to him and grinned.

“Yeah, why not, Wong? You two should go together, since you’re both normal humans after all.”

Lucas made a face at her and laughed.

“You really should check it out, Di. It’s not that bad.” Lucas said again, forgetting to give Lucy a reply.

“I’ll see. I like you better when you’ve had some coffee in your system,” She said as she stood up, Lucas looked at her.

“I need to go pee.” Diana patted his arm before leaving the desk. Lucas sat up, he looked at Lucy.

“You two must be really close.” She said carefully, Lucas wordlessly nodded back at her.

 

 

Haerin looked up as her secretary walked in the room.

“About the thing you asked about….”

“Right, well? How are they?”

“According to the people you sent to watch them, the young miss and the Wong heir seem to be good friends again. They were spotted a couple of times eating together and speaking at the cafeteria too.”

Haerin smiled and leaned on her elbows.

“And just today, they were seen walking to class together, they were joking around too.”

“Also, they’re in the same group for a research paper, that’s why they’ve been communicating a lot, and young miss was also seen attending one of his swim meets.”

“See, Lucas and Diana.” Haerin murmured to herself, she dismissed her secretary and smiled.

“Why did I even worry? They’d naturally be drawn to each other,” And then she paused. Jaehyun’s words from the last night came back to her. He may have never given her answer, but Haerin knew she didn’t need one.

Jaehyun liked her.

Jaehyun fell for Diana.

She pursed her lips and drummed her fingers on the desk.

“What’s this? As if those two meeting isn’t complicated enough.” She frowned before facing her computer again, she had just sent Kris an email regarding her flight details.

“Diana, Diana, who will it be?” She said quietly.

 

 

“Hi, ge.” Diana answered the call as soon as she stepped out of the building, she was already on her way to the waiting car.

“How was your day?”

“Same, same. I had an exam.” She recounted as she went down the step down stairs, and then she saw Junghoon already waiting for her downstairs. She paused, almost tripping on her own feet.

“Wow.” Kris chuckled, Diana shook her head before turning back and went up the steps again and then she paused when she found Lucas staring at her oddly, Hendery was waving at her.

“I’ll call you back later, ge. Something came up.” She said quickly and put her phone back in her coat pocket.

“Going home?” Lucas spoke to her.

“Kind of.” She glanced at her back again, Junghoon was making his way towards them. Hendery followed her gaze and he grew amused.

“Let’s grab something to eat before going home. Come.” Lucas said as he took her backpack from her and slung it over one shoulder.

“Hey, Dia~”

Lucas took hold of the sleeve of her coat and pulled her with him, Hendery looked at Junghoon, he gave the male a small wave before following the two.

“You got to talk to him if you don’t want him, Di.” Lucas said as they walked toward the campus gates.

“I think I was being pretty obvious with him, Lucas.”

“Not obvious enough.” Lucas pointed out as they went past the gates.

“Just tell him to go away, that’d fix it.” Hendery said as he kept pace with them.

“Isn’t that..a little rude?” Diana replied as she hooked arms with the two, Lucas smiled to himself.

“Would you rather let him follow you around, Di?” Hendery asked her, she shuddered.

“Ugh, no.”

“Then tell him to go away.” Lucas said as they reached a stall that sold spicy ricecakes.

“Your favorite.” Diana said, a little distracted.

Hendery wanted to fawn over the two.

“Yeah, eat up. I’ll walk you back to school.” Lucas said as he handed her a napkin, Diana nodded back and started to eat.

“I feel like having mango sorbet after this.” She said as she finshed chewing.

“We’ll get that too.” Lucas replied before helping himself to another serving, Diana glanced at him and smiled to herself.

It's terrifying because standing right next to you feels right.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++